Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We waited another 21 days for... nothing?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I enjoyed the livestream and its nice to have some more content. However I never expected anything for the "21st". Its not even a noteworthy anniversary for most things. Maybe 25th if the Sims are still going strong. At least that one is Silver.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2021
    Because people here are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on content creators and are inventing tinfoily things to explain the "evil conspiracy that stops a CC creator from making body hair".

Plus, you know, EA really didn't have to do any of this. They are under zero moral obligation to give us ANYTHING.[/quote]

So far I haven't seen anyone being rude to the content creators. And your last sentence isn't true. The whole reason companies give things for "free" is to be in good standing with consumers. Making customers think you care is business 101. That way they are more likely to buy your products. Companies doing stuff for their customers to make money isn't a bad thing. But pretending they do it out of the kindness of their heart is unrealistic.

The fact that you think EA "commissioned" these is the root of your problem. These are items the creators decided to make, they were not "commissioned" to do a specific thing. AKA the problem you have is with this specific content creator, not with EA.[/quote]

The definition of a commission is to a task or matter entrusted someone. The poster wants to know why they got a creator who is knowing for making amazing black hairs and didn't let them do any of that. So if the content creator says EA told me what to do. Who do you think they're going to ask?
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I think Id probably like it but unfortunately I cant work out how to download it into my game! I dont seem to have any options. *sniff*
    (I esp like the crows feet!).
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    edited February 2021
    Because people here are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on content creators and are inventing tinfoily things to explain the "evil conspiracy that stops a CC creator from making body hair".

Plus, you know, EA really didn't have to do any of this. They are under zero moral obligation to give us ANYTHING.

So far I haven't seen anyone being rude to the content creators. And your last sentence isn't true. The whole reason companies give things for "free" is to be in good standing with consumers. Making customers think you care is business 101. That way they are more likely to buy your products. Companies doing stuff for their customers to make money isn't a bad thing. But pretending they do it out of the kindness of their heart is unrealistic.

The fact that you think EA "commissioned" these is the root of your problem. These are items the creators decided to make, they were not "commissioned" to do a specific thing. AKA the problem you have is with this specific content creator, not with EA.[/quote]

The definition of a commission is to a task or matter entrusted someone. The poster wants to know why they got a creator who is knowing for making amazing black hairs and didn't let them do any of that. So if the content creator says EA told me what to do. Who do you think they're going to ask?
    [/quote]

I believe that in this context, the poster was referring to "commissioning" the creators, in the sense that when you commission someone for a project, there is a monetary exchange for goods and services, which involves an agreement between the seller and buyer that covers the standards of details and/or quality. Similar to how an artist is commissioned to do a specific portrait or customer-requested design using their own art style.

So in this sense, it is believed by the poster that no commission was involved and that the creator submissions were voluntarily chosen by the creators themselves but vetted by Maxis. No one knows for sure if this is the case, so it's all speculation.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    I think Id probably like it but unfortunately I cant work out how to download it into my game! I dont seem to have any options. *sniff*
    (I esp like the crows feet!).
    If you are on a PC you just have to let your game do the update. If you are set for automatic updates in Origin it will do it as soon as you try to play the game.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    Double post please delete
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Re bodyhair - I used Luumia's CC since 2017, and I frankly can't see how EA could do this better. So, I don't want EA to spend time on adding bodyhair, we already got that! Let them work on features we don't already have. Like well functioning nail polish for fingers and toes - I have CC for finger nails, but they normally conflict with jewelry etc so there are restrictions - besides I use only a couple swatches as most of them are too extreme - CAS slider compatibility + Hue would be a great improvement for them!
    Ok, console simmers might deserve bodyhair - but they would probably enjoy nail polish, too.

We don't already have body hair. Some people don't use mods, and some people, like console players, can't use mods. Body hair is such a basic, human thing that it's absolutely criminal that it's not in the base game. Men have body hair. Women have body hair. I'm not even talking about the NSFW body hair either, I'm just talking about the basic stuff like arms, legs, arm pits, chests, and even backs. Luumia and the others who had made CC of body hair are filling a major hole that has been left behind by the official team, and it's a hole that really shouldn't be there to begin with. I'm honestly pretty tired of the Sims ignoring body hair, just like there were tons of people out there that were tired of the Sims ignoring black hairstyles. This is something the Sims team needs to address, and should have addressed in the base game at launch. It's even such an intrinsic part of your teenage years too, and it's just sad that it's not been added in the 6 years the game has been going.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited February 2021
    @LiELF

Exactly.
    Again, anyone who has a problem with the fact that CC creator X didn't delivery Y in this exchange has a beef with the CREATOR, not EA.

And in the case referenced above it surely sounds like the person having the issue basically tries to manufacture a situation where one should blame EA for being racist because the CC creator did not volunteer EA one of their dark skin tones or hairstyles for black people. Somehow.

I am no fan of EA. It's a company with genuinely sh... business practices. Tho they are far more progressive in other areas than say two of the largest European game publishers who are... skin-crawlingly awful in their attitudes to women, including their own employees, for example.

But blame should land where it belongs. Micro transactions and awful quality control: EA's fault. CC creator choosing not to give YOU the stuff YOU want but instead something THEY are willing to give? Not only is it not EA's fault in the least, but you are acting like an entitled brat.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2021
    LiELF wrote: »

Plus, you know, EA really didn't have to do any of this. They are under zero moral obligation to give us ANYTHING.

The fact that you think EA "commissioned" these is the root of your problem. These are items the creators decided to make, they were not "commissioned" to do a specific thing. AKA the problem you have is with this specific content creator, not with EA.

I believe that in this context, the poster was referring to "commissioning" the creators, in the sense that when you commission someone for a project, there is a monetary exchange for goods and services, which involves an agreement between the seller and buyer that covers the standards of details and/or quality. Similar to how an artist is commissioned to do a specific portrait or customer-requested design using their own art style.

So in this sense, it is believed by the poster that no commission was involved and that the creator submissions were voluntarily chosen by the creators themselves but vetted by Maxis. No one knows for sure if this is the case, so it's all speculation.[/quote]

Exactly.
    Again, anyone who has a problem with the fact that CC creator X didn't delivery Y in this exchange has a beef with the CREATOR, not EA.

And in the case referenced above it surely sounds like the person having the issue basically tries to manufacture a situation where one should blame EA for being racist because the CC creator did not volunteer EA one of their dark skin tones or hairstyles for black people. Somehow.

I am no fan of EA. It's a company with genuinely sh... business practices. Tho they are far more progressive in other areas than say two of the largest European game publishers who are... skin-crawlingly awful in their attitudes to women, including their own employees, for example.

But blame should land where it belongs. Micro transactions and awful quality control: EA's fault. CC creator choosing not to give YOU the stuff YOU want but instead something THEY are willing to give? Not only is it not EA's fault in the least, but you are acting like an entitled brat. [/quote]

I agree but only if that is the case. But we don't, so calling people entitled brats is unnecessary because honestly who knows what happens. My thing was if they ask and it comes out that EA did tell them what to do. You'll go to them with questions. I really don't like when people insult and harass the gurus. Or anyone for that matter.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I think the thing I like most about this patch is that the Sims team gave credit to the CC creators. Like, they actually made an effort to include them. Perhaps this is the first step in the process of realizing how much CC creators contribute to the game. Perhaps future patches, sp, ep or gp can include things from CC creators.

Not to take away from any hard work that any EA/Maxis artist or developer puts into the game, we all know they can only do so much as they are allowed by the higher ups. But the CC creators work on their items in their free time, apart from any family/business/personal obligations.

I'm just glad they were recognized for their contributions.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think I’ve changed my mind about the update. I went on my game today to makeover the next family I will play and I used some of the new CAS items and I really like them.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Last year the complaints were we only got 1 dodgy hot tub, now this year we get 21 new items FREE plus the announcement of the desperately requested bunk beds and now there’s endless complaints about all of that. I could never work on this game because I would’ve been long ago fired for saying/tweeting/posting things that aptly describe exactly what I think of the general sense of entitlement some people display.
    I am much happier with the patch this year and the bunk beds. I admit not happy about the kits but I think console players will buy them more than the PC players will because of not having the mod community option for those themes. Just interesting watching the Sims 4 be in the Sims 3 shadow when it comes to DLC ideas. Being a playtester seeing all the bugs reported begging for more buggy DLC is funny especially when they are blaming MOO cheat for Simmers filling homes with clutter. Their solution more bugs and clutter. At least with the patch being user created I know the content has been playtested more by some amazing content creators. Makes my job easier with the patches.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    One of my biggest peeves with it is that they've been doing this whole performance for the past month of "We love our black players! Representation!" yet they didn't add a single thing for them in this update?

Like this would've been the perfect opportunity to get some good black hairs in the base game (as lets be honest there is none without buying extra packs) but they just didn't. AH00B, one of the creators involved has some great black hairstyles so I really don't understand why they didn't commission these hairstyles and instead just used a top and jeans combo from a set they made last summer.

1605c64351ae6e2bff7b657f3c42be6b57cd9c72.gifva4ab466e3979fcb9a70c382ec623a54476a40ec8.gifv

It just bothers me how they've been doing this incredibly performative show of supporting black players, yet they give them nothing
    The new lipstick, highlighting, and crows feet all look good on some darker Sims I saw. Actually would be nice to have more afro/curly hair on male and younger Sims. I get tired of YA female being the only focus for the bulk of the DLCs.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'm going to give a shout out to the gentleman in the yellow hat who described the items...his voice! My God but he has a really great voice! <3 I found I couldn't find half the stuff because of me listening to his voice, lol. :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.