Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    To be fair there is a way to add more realism but not overdo it. I think a good example is the Sims 3 environment which looks very realistic yet doesn't look "real". I hope they realize there is a middle way they can go with the style and they don't have to do it either dull out cartoony or full out real world.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks,

I understand that you're enjoying the speculation and discussion in this thread but after I have removed several comments for trolling/baiting/flaming, I'd like to remind you to stick to the forum rules. Thanks!

- Leeloo
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    You can now add this to the list. Their hinting about Sims 5 in the Sims 4 with nightmares.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Sim Name had a nightmare where their in-development videogame was leaked early! Not like that would ever happen. Ever.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    any proof that they are hinting the sims 5 confuse here?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    any proof that they are hinting the sims 5 confuse here?

TS4 sims are dreaming about a new Sims game coming out.
  • Options
    I don't wanna be that guy but this is an obvious refrence to when the paranormal stuff pack was leaked on Origin.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Or the other leaks. Tbh a lot of packs have had leaks, one way or another.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    A video game and packs are two different things tho....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    A video game and packs are two different things tho....
    Yes true bit they are related. Think it’s a hint for TS5

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    If they really are just advertising for Sims 5 jobs right now, your exciting clues will come to fruition in about 4 years, and kindly remember that this is if everything goes perfectly WHICH IT NEVER DOES.

If nobody changes their mind about anything and nobody cancels the project and nobody leaves when their contract is up and nobody cuts funding and nobody DIES or nothing like that, we MIGHT see a new base game in four years. Unfortunately nobody changing their mind about anything means this 'subscription' dohicky will be going right ahead.

And they're saying 'cross platform' which means 'for it to also appeal to dedicated console players, who have the attention span of a hummingbird in a tumbledryer because that's how long their consoles last'.

Remember they said AT LEAST 2 years. That's just the length of their original contract, not how long it'll take.

So speculate all you like, but you won't be getting a new game in 2023.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

@Loanet I think that's what everyone is doing. Speculating. As you are, speculating on the date. Nobody knows for sure. It's speculation. Why are people so defensive over these threads? Why would anyone die?! What?
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    If they really are just advertising for Sims 5 jobs right now, your exciting clues will come to fruition in about 4 years, and kindly remember that this is if everything goes perfectly WHICH IT NEVER DOES.

Remember they said AT LEAST 2 years. That's just the length of their original contract, not how long it'll take.

Bruh why are you being such a hater lol let us speculate god dangit. You sound so bitter lol. You dont really know for sure and neither do we. If you hate these threads you really don't have to click on them
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

If nobody changes their mind about anything and nobody cancels the project and nobody leaves when their contract is up and nobody cuts funding and nobody DIES or nothing like that, we MIGHT see a new base game in four years. Unfortunately nobody changing their mind about anything means this 'subscription' dohicky will be going right ahead.

And they're saying 'cross platform' which means 'for it to also appeal to dedicated console players, who have the attention span of a hummingbird in a tumbledryer because that's how long their consoles last'.

First of all the job listings started in 2018....second of all you’re way too dramatic for a speculation thread....and third of all you aren’t psychic so you have no idea when a new game might be coming....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy

Maybe you misinterpret my words as offensive because I am using the translator. But I told you with the best of intentions, you should not get excited about something that is not close, it is not even confirmed, it is just a rumor. We've heard a lot of rumors over the years about the Sims 5. It seems to me that they should focus on fixing this current game, giving it the content it lacks, and if possible (I've read that it's possible) opening up neighborhoods to convert it. . . In a semi-open world, The Sims 5 will be here later (minimum 3 years) for now I enjoy this game. And if you don't like the Sims 4 and I'm following your own advice, play The Sims 3. And wait! As SimGuruGrant already said "Has Confirmed That They Will Be Releasing Content For The Sims 4 For Many More Years!" and I look forward to it and I enjoy it.

https://sims-online.com/the-sims-4-simgurugrant-has-confirmed-that-they-will-be-releasing-content-for-the-sims-4-dor-many-more-years/

And I quote
    "Is there a The Sims 5 on the horizon? Rodiek says:“ We have so much content for The Sims 4 ... If we saw audience numbers drop and people getting bored, yes, we would be thinking about what's next. But The Sims 4 is doing so well, there are so many players and we have such demand from fans to fix things, add content, from body hair to public restrooms, to baby changes to new hairstyles. There is so much to do and so many people still playing that it would be foolish of us not to continue working on The Sims 4. We have a captive audience, we want to continue supporting them. "

Thank you for sharing this quote 😁

This quote is two years old .
  • Options
    If you hype up, you are going to ruin your expectations.

What expectations? I just expect two and three years from now we will have a brand new sims game .My expectations are not having seasons, or pets in the base game.Just open neighborhoods, deeper personalities, better gameplay.
  • Options
    GothicKing13GothicKing13 Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Sims 5

WHAT I EXPECT: No weather, no seasons, very little items and boring Sims until expansions start rolling around. Preferably with better gameplay, less intrusive townies while on dates and Sims that will actually finish a task without having to take a selfie... please for the love of all things plum... take their cell phones away from them!!!! Let us have wall phones, or table phones back... alarm clocks that work... MP3 Players and Handheld Gaming Systems. EDIT: Also... for random Sims to not randomly walk into my home uninvited and help themselves to my electronics.

WHAT I WANT: The Sims 2 meets The Sims 3 - See, it will work EA... 2 plus 3 is 5 after all. BEST SIMS GAME EVER! <3
    Post edited by GothicKing13 on
    With every deed, you are sowing a seed... though, the harvest you may not see
  • Options
    You tell me to stop hating on you speculating but what do you think you're doing?

The only thing I'm saying is that Sims 5 won't be out in 2 years time. And by 'saying' I mean 'speculating' and by 'speculating' I mean, what do you think people were saying three years ago? That there had been a new Sims game every 4 years so OF COURSE there would be a new one in 2018.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy

Maybe you misinterpret my words as offensive because I am using the translator. But I told you with the best of intentions, you should not get excited about something that is not close, it is not even confirmed, it is just a rumor. We've heard a lot of rumors over the years about the Sims 5. It seems to me that they should focus on fixing this current game, giving it the content it lacks, and if possible (I've read that it's possible) opening up neighborhoods to convert it. . . In a semi-open world, The Sims 5 will be here later (minimum 3 years) for now I enjoy this game. And if you don't like the Sims 4 and I'm following your own advice, play The Sims 3. And wait! As SimGuruGrant already said "Has Confirmed That They Will Be Releasing Content For The Sims 4 For Many More Years!" and I look forward to it and I enjoy it.

https://sims-online.com/the-sims-4-simgurugrant-has-confirmed-that-they-will-be-releasing-content-for-the-sims-4-dor-many-more-years/

And I quote
    "Is there a The Sims 5 on the horizon? Rodiek says:“ We have so much content for The Sims 4 ... If we saw audience numbers drop and people getting bored, yes, we would be thinking about what's next. But The Sims 4 is doing so well, there are so many players and we have such demand from fans to fix things, add content, from body hair to public restrooms, to baby changes to new hairstyles. There is so much to do and so many people still playing that it would be foolish of us not to continue working on The Sims 4. We have a captive audience, we want to continue supporting them. "

Thank you for sharing this quote 😁

This quote is two years old .

Right. Should have quoted the more recent quotes from a few months ago.
  • Options
    You tell me to stop hating on you speculating but what do you think you're doing?

The only thing I'm saying is that Sims 5 won't be out in 2 years time. And by 'saying' I mean 'speculating' and by 'speculating' I mean, what do you think people were saying three years ago? That there had been a new Sims game every 4 years so OF COURSE there would be a new one in 2018.

They been scouting for jobs in 2018 .
  • Options

Which is part of why I'm not excited at all. You know games can be in development for years and get delayed many times for many reasons.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

Their latest game "It takes two" (not a Sims game) but coming out late March, is a two hander game rather like an "Unravel" which you play with human avatars. It's also on the Unreal engine.

You can play with a friend at home or one friend online so maybe that is the way Maxis would take Sims 5 as well. The friend online doesn't have to be a subscriber but it can't cross platform. eg only PC to PC, etc. EA could be testing the popularity of games like this before they decide to do the same with a new iteration of our game.

That game looks fun and I just wish one person could play it alone!
  • Options

Which is part of why I'm not excited at all. You know games can be in development for years and get delayed many times for many reasons.

It's obvious this game was not delayed.The new job applications is proof of that .They are wanting people to work with tools .There probably at the testing some of it's features.Why developing other ones.
  • Options

@Loanet Looking back at all previous Sims games, they all took about the same amount of years to develop. In many of these cases the development of the games started in secret right after the release of the previous one like the Sims 3 development started in 2004-2005. So it could be they started developing the game earlier than we might know. Even if it only started in 2018 it's already been a while.
    Only thing I will say that might have delayed to development is Covid. Other than that of course games get delayed but that doesn't mean every single game out there will get delayed, it's more of a worst case scenario. And even if there is a delay, it will probably be few months like it was with the previous games.