Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    For EA, a new IP is a new franchise, something which doesn't exist yet.

BioWare's Anthem is a new IP, Mass Effect Andromeda isn't a new IP.
    Need For Speed games aren't new IPs.

EA Motive is developing new IP.

"Later in the call, Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen mentioned that the bulk of dollar investment for the publisher is focused on new IP, alongside building new studios and hiring new developers to create those new IP."

EA wants new franchises in their catalog.
    Maxis did open up a new studio in Texas, so who knows maybe they'll bring back SimCity?

The previous Maxis Austin was developing a Diablo-like game before being closed in 2000.

EA Maxis isn't Wright Maxis, they aren't locked in simulation games.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited September 2020
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    Years folks, YEARS, that's how far away ANY potential Sims5 game is.

How playable will Sims 4 even be by then? How broken and buggy will the game engine be? Will people even still be playing Sims 4,or will they be enjoying other life sim games while Sims 4 drops in sales?

I see more and more people wanting to move on to Sims 5 already,and I don't blame them. I'm one of the many,many people who uninstalled Sims 4 with no plans to re-install it. I see more people saying they've gone back to Sims 2 and Sims 3..I see more people complaining about how the glitches and bugs keep piling on Sims 4.

There are game-breaking bugs and glitches that are STILL there after years of not being fixed....the game engine is unable to handle open worlds,and babies are STILL boring objects after 6 whole years. We still don't have drivable cars,and we're putting up with loading screens while visiting our next-door neighbors.

I think people have had enough of how unplayable Sims 4 is becoming,and I think they're ready to move on to Sims 5.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    They said it was alright to keep ts5 threads in this section unless they state otherwise. They cant make a sims 5 section, that might make people assume it is coming soon, or that it is confirmed. I think some of the sims 5 speculation can be looked at as related to sims 4 since its development/release date also ties with speculation about the lifespan of ts4.

I see. I must have missed that or forgot.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    gnelso1239 wrote: »
    Years folks, YEARS, that's how far away ANY potential Sims5 game is.

I don't know, I think it's sooner than years away. I recall I was over on Glassdoor about three years ago and saw openings for developers, and others over them etc. for a new Maxis game, in 2017. Others posted links to other jobsites, offering some positions for Maxis new game, in 2018. Or maybe it was just a repeat of job postings I had already seen in 2017. I think it no longer takes 'years' to build a type of game Maxis might be building. TS4 only took 1 1/2 years to take salvaged parts and build a new itertaion of The Sims.

They literally took an online game and it wasn't even a single player game nor sandbox or a pc game like The Sims, and within a year and a half they had finished it. Think about it, from the time SC2013 was released and they dumped Olympus (TS4) to remake it into the TS4 pc game, was one year and a half, they hadn't even added music scores as late as March of 2014..that's how far off they were from having a finished product. But released it in Sept. of 2014.
    Whether it should have been released after only 1 1/2 years is another debate but it shows they can grind if they have to do that.

It's my understanding by positions that were listed on Glassdoor in 2017 and later again in 2018 in other places, it may not be the same teams, nor the same leadership etc. We know it's going to have live service because they advertised for someone with that type of experience..

I have no idea if it's going to actually be called TS5, but PS5 has confirmed by their list of games expected for PS5, The Sims 5 game. (Deal already struck or at least in negotiation.) It might not even be a pc game but the way I figure things they have at least been working on a new game or getting into development of it since 2017. Depending on what type of game it is (linear and goal driven or sandbox) it might not even need 'years' for a core then filled with microtransactions. Just have to wait and find out. But I don't think it's going to be years away at all.

ETA: You have to remember what EA told Maxis a very long time ago, they were thrilled with the success of TS then said, now do it ten more times. lol Previous statments from those who were there in 2000.

ETA: It used to be easier to find out if EA/Maxis had applied for a new domain site, anyone could google it. But since every thing Sims is on this site, I would assume it probably won't have it's own site. And TS4 will have to make room for the TS5 forum users. I have popcorn. That's going to be a fun game to watch, TS4 players feeling just like TS2 or TS3 users dumped by parent for the new baby. Everyone oohing and awing over new baby. lol While the three or four older children saying what about me? You didn't fix this or that, or do this or that for me, lol, you gave new baby everything! lol
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

ETA: It used to be easier to find out if EA/Maxis had applied for a new domain site, anyone could google it. But since every thing Sims is on this site, I would assume it probably won't have it's own site. And TS4 will have to make room for the TS5 forum users. I have popcorn. That's going to be a fun game to watch, TS4 players feeling just like TS2 or TS3 users dumped by parent for the new baby. Everyone oohing and awing over new baby. lol While the three or four older children saying what about me? You didn't fix this or that, or do this or that for me, lol, you gave new baby everything! lol

Electronic Arts actually registered a "TheSims5.com" domain in 2003, It was updated this year on April 04, 2020.

NUuzigb.png

https://whois.domaintools.com/thesims5.com

Now whether than means anything, is anybody's guess since the domains were purchased 17 years ago. I would say they bought them all just so nobody else could ever possibly use the same domain name.

They also have registered all of the following domain names in 2003 as well:

TheSims6.com (Updated on April 4, 2020)
    TheSims7.com (Updated on April 4, 2020)
    TheSims8.com (Updated on April 4, 2020)
    TheSims9.com (Updated on September 24, 2020)
    TheSims10.com (Updated on June 18, 2020)

All of which have been updated this year.

edited October 2020

Electronic Arts actually registered a "TheSims5.com" domain in 2003, It was updated this year on April 04, 2020.

NUuzigb.png

Now whether than means anything, is anybody's guess since the domains were purchased 17 years ago. I would say they bought them all just so nobody else could ever possibly use the same domain name.

Wonder if they were expiring and or if it's a hint since it was updated (renewed) this year in the sixth year of TS4. lol Yes, this proves it! lol ;) (Do it ten more times).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Thesims5.com domain wasn't scheduled to expire until April 2021. They updated it this April 2020. You can see the expiration dates.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member

NUuzigb.png

Wonder if they were expiring and or if it's a hint since it was updated (renewed) this year in the sixth year of TS4. lol Yes, this proves it! lol ;) (Do it ten more times).

It is common for companies to buy up domain names whether they intend to use them or not. It keeps others from taking names that they want to reserve.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I remember the whole domain lookup scenario on The Sims 2 BBS with people speculating about a possible Sims 3 coming... wow I feel old. :o

I don't think it means anything though. As it's already been pointed out, they have registered multiple domains and were probably only updated to prevent them from expiring.
    edited October 2020
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

NUuzigb.png

that doesn't mean anything they have to do that so nobody else can get the name Nintendo does that all the time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I think the Gurus must be reading this thread. SimGuruFrost is calling himself STILL REDACTED Guru Frost!

He is Global Community Manager for TheSims.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think the Gurus must be reading this thread. SimGuruFrost is calling himself STILL REDACTED Guru Frost!

I believe Frost’s ‘REDACTED’ is a placeholder for something related to upcoming DLC or an update.It’s been there since just before JtB was released. Right after its release he added the word ‘STILL’.

Nothing to do with S5 I’m afraid. But hey, I’ve been wrong many, many, many times before. 🤔

I believe Frost’s ‘REDACTED’ is a placeholder for something related to upcoming DLC or an update.It’s been there since just before JtB was released. Right after its release he added the word ‘STILL’.

Nothing to do with S5 I’m afraid. But hey, I’ve been wrong many, many, many times before. 🤔

Well, you could be right. The still would mean it's something they had already had in the pipe before the virus, and would mean when we do see what it was or is, and whether it's a hit or miss, no one can blame the virus, again.
    edited October 2020

6 weeks later and still redacted ??? He's very slow or the text is extremely long to write :p

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member

6 weeks later and still redacted ??? He's very slow or the text is extremely long to write :p

He's not slow, it's deliberate. I guess we'll need to wait and see what this is all about.

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The Sims Community posted some interesting news:

"With the brief history of what we know about The Sims 5’s development so far, we’ve got a whole lot of new information today regarding The Sims 5’s development from Maxis’ official Careers Listing website which opened up plenty of new job positions for the next Sims Game. One of the most interesting things that they’ve listed is the fact that the next Sims Game will be prototyped in Unreal Engine – a powerful software used by many game developers which helped bring many games to life. Some of those include Fortnite, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, Final Fantasy and many more!

Now let’s clarify something – this doesn’t mean that the final product of the next Sims Game will be completely reliant on Unreal Engine. What this means is that Maxis is looking for folks who can bring the prototypes of The Sims 5 to life using C++, Python and Unreal Engine."

It goes on to list all the job listings that pertain to this.

At this point, I'm kind of tired of waiting, but I'm cautiously optimistic and honestly scared at the same time that The Sims 5 might be disappointing - BUT I REALLY HOPE NOT!

(*Praying that it will be 100% open world and main concentration is on single-player and offline capabilities.*)

(Oh, and modders! Brush up on your C++ and Python! It's ON!)

What do you guys think?

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

Oh, and modders! Brush up on your C++ and Python! It's ON!

Isn't TS4 using those as well?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.

Oh, and modders! Brush up on your C++ and Python! It's ON!

Isn't TS4 using those as well?

I'm not a modder, just a CC maker, so I was curious.

According to what I read, TS4 uses C++, Python, and possibly C#.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sims 4 hasn't even made half of its lifestates yet. Looking at Journey To Batuu and Strangerville, it's clear the Game Pack has found a new direction to pump out content, Stuff Pack's found out that they can release new types of lot with Tiny Living and Paranormal, and Expansion Packs take so long to construct that they only need to think of one thing a year anyway.

Sims 4 is far from low on content.

Do you really want Sims 5 o be an Online experience? It will be.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

Idc as long as they have a single player experience. We have spent 7 years on Sims 4 content. It has like 50 dlc packs. Its time to move on. Ive been waiting since Ive gotten Sims 4 to move onto Sims 5.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    if you went the sims5 to bee full offline minus the gallery feel free to sign the petition link in my signature
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    Sims 4 hasn't even made half of its lifestates yet. Looking at Journey To Batuu and Strangerville, it's clear the Game Pack has found a new direction to pump out content, Stuff Pack's found out that they can release new types of the lot with Tiny Living and Paranormal, and Expansion Packs take so long to construct that they only need to think of one thing a year anyway.

Do you want Sims 5 o to be an Online experience? It will be.

Please be a bit more
    realistic. The game is reaching the seven-year mark It makes sense they are working on a sequel behind the scenes
    .It won't surprise me next year we will have an announcement.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member

Idc as long as they have a single player experience. We have spent 7 years on Sims 4 content. It has like 50 dlc packs. Its time to move on. Ive been waiting since Ive gotten Sims 4 to move onto Sims 5.

It's team fault were a bit low on content.Removing life states for most expansions. Removing things so they can focus on other things.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    S

EAxis will be setting themselves up for failure then. It's not the only game in town anymore.