Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 in Development - Exciting Clues!

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    I honestly dont care if they separate multiplayer version for Sims 5 like Rockstar did with their recent games and I wont be touching it anyway (well maybe in a private room only with my SO), as long as they dont neglect the single player mode.
    Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I honestly dont care if they separate multiplayer version for Sims 5 like Rockstar did with their recent games and I wont be touching it anyway (well maybe in a private room only with my SO), as long as they dont neglect the single player mode.

Yeah! I have both GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2 both of which have separate online parts. If EAxis has their heart set on online, they should follow Rockstar's way. The single-player side is just as meaty as the multiplayer side and is still moddable. They are even making recent new missions for their online side more single-player friendly, meaning you don't need to seek help from other players to do the stuff required for these new online missions.

And I can't stress enough that the single-player side should not be affected at all in any way if the online network goes down (or goes bankrupt). Save files need to remain local with a copy of it optional to the network cloud.

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't want to play a SIMULATION game with real people.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member

I don't see an issue with that approach either as long as they don't pull what Rockstar did and force you to play online if you want to play the new DLC's.

The biggest issue/fear I see with TS5 though is doing a free-to-play approach like most games are doing and making it a complete grind-fest to get that bed/piece of furniture you want or else there's gonna be the "in-game currency" approach where everything is inflated and you can get like, a chair and a table with it. I would be OUT if that was the case. I'd much rather them stick with releasing packs.
  • Options

I don't see an issue with that approach either as long as they don't pull what Rockstar did and force you to play online if you want to play the new DLC's.

The biggest issue/fear I see with TS5 though is doing a free-to-play approach like most games are doing and making it a complete grind-fest to get that bed/piece of furniture you want or else there's gonna be the "in-game currency" approach where everything is inflated and you can get like, a chair and a table with it. I would be OUT if that was the case. I'd much rather them stick with releasing packs.

So that's a terrifying thought! I'd definitely be OUT too if that's the case. I used to play The Sims Freeplay, but stopped for that very reason because all that grinding and waiting for stuff and not being able to get the rewards because I'd run out of time to finish the quests completely strangled all the fun out of it. Also there will definitely be limitations to gameplay and creating/building what you want. And I DON'T want to compete with anyone when I play The Sims or any other life simulation game - that's not why most people play it - it's to relax and build a world the way we want and not have some other people come in to change/wreck things for themselves or to compete against.

I wish they'd not have tunnel vision about The Sims, like they did with SimCity and you all know where that went.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Ewe! Please no more newer versions of the Sims. Boring. Zzz :(
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Ewe! Please no more newer versions of the Sims. Boring. Zzz :(

*Shrug* TS4 is boring for A LOT of people. You can stick with it if you like, but we're hoping The Sims 5's game engine has more powerful and flexible functionality than TS4's. Its weak game engine was its biggest problem - couldn't add much gameplay and it didn't have a good AI for the sims or story progression and world dynamics.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    What I will say is that the building engine of Sims 4 and CAS are amazing. You just pull and push. You can manipulate staircases and create platforms and CAS is full of stretch and shrink. You even have landscaping tools. Look at what you can do with your roofs! I mean, not right now but... Auto-roof couldn't do that...

Shut up about Spiral Staircases. The reason we don't have them is because they're a Base Game tool and the Patchers have other things to do. They would STILL have to be programmed by a Sims 5 team.

There's actually a reason Sims 2 and 3 only lasted 4 years each - because they got too big and too laggy with their open worlds. 4 years is roughly how long anybody's computer lasts. Sims 3 was easy to make because it's the same engine as Sims 2. In fact the creators of Sims 3 knew it would lag out later. The Closed World of Sims 4 means that you don't get lag and never will. Oh, Open Worlds would be nice, but could your computer handle it for more than a year of play?

The only lag you get in Sims 4 is the initial loading of heavily built houses. And if you've got 2000 CC in build mode.

If you want Sims 5 in a hurry, it will either be rushed with Online Play and a shop that you download all your content from - and they will make it tough to use CC if they want you to buy your furniture - or it will be built off the same engine as Sims 4 in which case you sure won't get an Open World.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    No offence, but the growing fanbase for Sims 3 is because the game was completed and now their computers are fast enough to play it. Retro Players always look back with sparkling eyes. Sims 3 isn't BETTER, it's DIFFERENT.

People were saying that they were expecting a Sims 5 like, three years ago. And being told it wasn't anywhere near, but wanting it

Not that my Sims aren't shockingly stupid, but be honest, were Sims very intelligent in Sims 3? In Sims 4, they do what they find fun and never try to get their work out of the way. My Programmer's favourite activity is Trolling Teh Forums when she ought to be Programming in her pre-work job and could be making a video game for Royalties.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »
    No offence, but the growing fanbase for Sims 3 is because the game was completed and now their computers are fast enough to play it. Retro Players always look back with sparkling eyes. Sims 3 isn't BETTER, it's DIFFERENT.

People were saying that they were expecting a Sims 5 like, three years ago. And being told it wasn't anywhere near, but wanting it

Not that my Sims aren't shockingly stupid, but be honest, were Sims very intelligent in Sims 3? In Sims 4, they do what they find fun and never try to get their work out of the way. My Programmer's favourite activity is Trolling Teh Forums when she ought to be Programming in her pre-work job and could be making a video game for Royalties.

All of my sims love to troll teh forums too, no matter their jobs, traits or current mood, no matter how many other fun objects I placed, all of my sims from different households always love to get on a computer and troll teh forums.

I play both games enough to form an opinions, and yes they do indeed.

Sims 3 Artistic sims favorite things are painting and sometime playing music and viewing arts autonomously, having art related wish and picked art related conversation with other sims, While Sims 4 creative sims never actually paint on their own and only have inspired moodlet once in a while.

Sims 3 Loner sims would very rarely engage on a conversation on their own, and would prefer doing thing that can be done alone, where Sims 4 loner sims just like any other sims always want to gravitate to another person, try grabbing food from the fridge where would they sit to eat? in another room where most sims are present and they get tense moodlet from seeing too many people in the process, eventhough there is nearby dinner table they can sit alone.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Loner_(The_Sims_3)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Loner_(The_Sims_4)

Anyway, dont want to be out of topic, I prefer to just sticking with the topic to discuss Sims 5 development instead of playing a comparison games.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm not gonna get excited until it's actually announced, and even then that depends on whether it's good or not. If its filled with microtransactions for everything like mobile I'm sticking with 4.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    What I will say is that the building engine of Sims 4 and CAS are amazing. You just pull and push. You can manipulate staircases and create platforms and CAS is full of stretch and shrink. You even have landscaping tools. Look at what you can do with your roofs! I mean, not right now but... Auto-roof couldn't do that...

Shut up about Spiral Staircases. The reason we don't have them is because they're a Base Game tool and the Patchers have other things to do. They would STILL have to be programmed by a Sims 5 team.

There's actually a reason Sims 2 and 3 only lasted 4 years each - because they got too big and too laggy with their open worlds. 4 years is roughly how long anybody's computer lasts. Sims 3 was easy to make because it's the same engine as Sims 2. In fact the creators of Sims 3 knew it would lag out later. The Closed World of Sims 4 means that you don't get lag and never will. Oh, Open Worlds would be nice, but could your computer handle it for more than a year of play?

The only lag you get in Sims 4 is the initial loading of heavily built houses. And if you've got 2000 CC in build mode.

If you want Sims 5 in a hurry, it will either be rushed with Online Play and a shop that you download all your content from - and they will make it tough to use CC if they want you to buy your furniture - or it will be built off the same engine as Sims 4 in which case you sure won't get an Open World.

This is what I always try to tell people and they tell me I'm wrong but I still believe it.
    The stuff that people are asking for is close to impossible even with today's tech.
    They want expansions the size of ts3,huge open worlds, color wheels hyper realistic 2021 graphics, they want expansion content as basegame. 0 lag and 0 bugs.
    But with the deep complexity of a game like the sims where everything has to work perfectly together my computer will be fried 🤯🤯 if there is a pc that can handle it I assure you most people don't have it.

I would at least like open neighborhoods. But ts4 is the literally the smoothest running lag free game no matter what anyone says. And the bugs are usually minor enough that it never stopped me from playing.
    The devs said themselves that's why they don't add bigger worlds. They are being very careful to keep this game running smooth.

Now sims 3 was amazing, I'm not taking away from how awesome that game is but most literally can not even play it no matter how awesome the content is. I was reading comments the other day on another website of people complaining about game breaking glitches, corrupted saves, lag, constant crashing etc.
    On my own sims 3 after long hours of pc configuration on my top gaming computer i finally got rid of the crashes. But still get major lag in CAS especially with the color wheel and sometimes during play, along with very weird glitches and cars piling up.

If sims 5 does come out and is partially multiplayer I think that is going to simplify the game even more with less content. And most of good content will probably have to be brought online. I just can't see them making a game of equally good focus that's half and half. Now if ts5 is totally single player then there is hope for a good game because obviously they would be using a much better engine.

Now I could be totally wrong but this is just my belief 😌 but I really do hope simmers can finally find happiness in ts5 for those who really want it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I would love if this was ts5. I'm not going to get my hopes up without concrete evidence saying it definitely is...but in theory I am over the moon. Even if it isn't ts5 the fact that maxis is doing something potentially new is very interesting to me.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sims 4 is far from low on content.

Do you really want Sims 5 o be an Online experience? It will be.

Idc as long as they have a single player experience. We have spent 7 years on Sims 4 content. It has like 50 dlc packs. Its time to move on. Ive been waiting since Ive gotten Sims 4 to move onto Sims 5.

It's team fault were a bit low on content.Removing life states for most expansions. Removing things so they can focus on other things.

Oh for sure its the teams fault the content was bad. Was it going to be ours? Lol. I do hope whichever team handles Sims 5 they will really want it to be great and EA gives them the room to do so.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I was wondering why this thread suddenly apperead at the top. New info for speculations, then. Well, if it is in prototype stage, how long do you guys speculate it could take? still far away, i think.

btw, can people who arent intrested in sims 5 and its speclatuions not try to discourage others that are? it is kinda dismissive. You can state your feelings about the subject here without doing so.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    as a player i am 1000% ready to move on to the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    . Playing The Sims 3 is honestly SO MUCH FUN because there's always something to do, always something new to explore and try. I LOVE this game.

There is such high level of freedom to set up the worlds and gameplay to any way you want in The Sims 3 and also The Sims 2 to a lesser degree that you simply can't get in The Sims 4. I just don't find The Sims 4 appealing no matter what.

I would like very much for The Sims 5 to carry on in the tradition of The Sims 1, 2 and 3. This is what I'm advocating for.

I definitely agree. I really hope they look to those 3 games as source for inspiration for core gameplay, and look towards TS4 for CAS/Aesthetic/Build (with the exception of createastyle, i personally don't mind the swatches but to each their own), and bringing back the gallery.

• Options
    Hope they somewhat develop features that allow us to transfer or import sims from previous game, or just read sims facial features so the game will try to remake the sims on its own as best as the AI could. I'm bad at making sims(I used to be really good at creating real life celeb to sim) and would love to have my favorite sims in sims 3 and sims 4 exist in Sims 5 as well.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm ready for a change, I know it's not coming "tomorrow" and there's still loads of content coming for TS4, but I am excited to think that there's more evidence of some type of sim game coming sometime in the future.

I also sort of agree about people coming into threads that are clearly about TS5 and bashing others who are interested in speculating on TS5's development. If you're not interested, then why are you coming into a TS5 speculation thread?

I feel like TS4 has probably been in pre-production working on early concepts since around 2018.

There was a job posting that specifically talked about a "new game in the Sims franchise" being developed by Maxis and that "the team was small now but was rapidly growing".

That's enough fuel to spark my speculation even more, because to me it definitely sounds like it's been in the works for a few years now and will probably only be another couple years until it's released.

Character Modeler- Maxis
    Notice
    This position is no longer open.
    Requisition Number:151939
    Date Opened:2018-08-07

Character Modeler– Maxis

Maxis is looking for an Character Modeler for an exciting new game in the best-selling Sims franchise. Do you have excellent modeling and texturing abilities for games? Do you have a passion for creating real-world fashion in a 3D game? Are you able to take direction but work independently when needed to make the best games you possibly can?

If so, then we may have a job for you. We’re a small team now and are growing rapidly. Apply today and join us!

Responsibilities

Create, model, UV, and texture fashion assets such as t-shirts, jeans, jackets, shoes, etc. in a realistic style to a high level of aesthetic quality.
    Participate in meetings with producers, designers, engineers and animators to understand the functional requirements and constraints of characters and how they need to be created.
    Participate in reviews with the Art Director to improve aesthetic consistency and overall look.
    Should be knowledgeable and comfortable in the creation and use of normal maps, specular maps, and generating AO maps.
    Trouble shoot and problem solve assets that are not functioning properly in game. Coordinate with animators and engineers to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
    Provide project management team with accurate estimates for scheduling work and deadlines
    Be able to come up with concepts and provide basic concept art for some fashion in conjunction with the Art Director.

Requirements

Excellent modeling and texturing skills on clothing assets
    3+ years modeling experience using Maya for game development
    Strong technical abilities and understanding of game development pipeline issues including a clear understanding of how art creation affects engine performance
    Be able to follow art direction and work from concept art when available
    Creative thinker and problem solver that can work independently if necessary
    Excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with producers, designers, engineers as well as other artists.
    Well organized and able to commit to and meet deadlines.
    PC Game development experience required
    Understanding of fashion & clothing construction is a plus
    Understanding of basic animation and how animators work is a plus.
    Understanding and familiarity with rigging in Maya preferred
    A portfolio demonstrating the following is required:
    Excellent 3D models in Maya
    Excellent Texturing and UV skills
    Ability to create low-mid poly models consistently
    Traditional drawing and painting skills
    Strong aesthetic sensitivity to lighting for form and shadow
    Excellent sense of scale and composition in 3D

https://ea.gr8people.com/?method=cappportal.showJob&opportunityID=151939&sysLayoutID=122

I'm still really worried and leary about the online aspect that they're pushing because we all know that TS4 started out that way and they scrapped it. So, my fear is the same thing will happen to TS5 and it will just become Sims4.5 Irregardless, I am definitely still excited and interested in it, especially the one statement about creating game assets in a "realistic style". I'm really done with the cartoon/pixar look of TS4 and ready for a change.

• Options
    Hope they somewhat develop features that allow us to transfer or import sims from previous game, or just read sims facial features so the game will try to remake the sims on its own as best as the AI could. I'm bad at making sims(I used to be really good at creating real life celeb to sim) and would love to have my favorite sims in sims 3 and sims 4 exist in Sims 5 as well.

Would largely depend on the art style too! All the sims from the games look different.

Bella_Goth's_Original_Appearances.png

But depending on the range of tools they give us in CAS it may be possible to make a close recreation.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm ready for a change, I know it's not coming "tomorrow" and there's still loads of content coming for TS4, but I am excited to think that there's more evidence of some type of sim game coming sometime in the future.

I also sort of agree about people coming into threads that are clearly about TS5 and bashing others who are interested in speculating on TS5's development. If you're not interested, then why are you coming into a TS5 speculation thread?

I'm still really worried and leary about the online aspect that they're pushing because we all know that TS4 started out that way and they scrapped it. So, my fear is the same thing will happen to TS5 and it will just become Sims4.5 Irregardless, I am definitely still excited and interested in it, especially the one statement about creating game assets in a "realistic style". I'm really done with the cartoon/pixar look of TS4 and ready for a change.

I do hope they really focus on making the single player experience really sophisticated. TS4 was dumbed down so much for online play. But the sophisticated single player experience of TS2 & 3 is why so many people still play it! I can understand why they want part of it multiplayer but they have to really focus on the single player experience otherwise it wont hold up. People will just continue to play the previous games.

I also really love the stylistic look of TS2 & TS4 😭😭😭 Im sad to see that go because I LOVE the look of sims inTS4
    They MUST avoid the uncanny valley of TS3 and their pudding faces. I still like TS3 but everyone looks ugly even the sims I work real hard on. I just try not to think about it when playing the game 😂

I also do hope they are hearing what the simmers want and introduce it. Maybe even the surverys they give out are not only influencing what they put in TS4 but used to build up a strong foundation for TS5. They can learn from their mistakes.

Bashing TS5 speculators also make no sense because when the Sims 5 does come out no doubt many people will want it to be good and will end up purchasing the game so it makes no sense.

• Options

Would largely depend on the art style too! All the sims from the games look different.

But depending on the range of tools they give us in CAS it may be possible to make a close recreation.

Yeah I know, Sims3 Bella is literally an ugly 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Maybe this feature is restricted with online connectivity, you know one of these recent apps like artbreeder and stuff maybe they can implement AI like that into the game and able to read facial structure of a photo uploaded then the AI will make it into a Sims.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    > @ClarionOfJoy said:
    > Why should I do that for you? You're nothing to me and I don't even know you for you to talk to me like that. Especially someone "new" to these forums.
    >
    > Seven years given to the worst iteration of the series and I should be as milqtoast as The Sims 4? No thanks. If I want to be excited for the better possibilities of The Sims 5, you're not going to take that away from me.

I will be new in the forum but I play the sims from 1. Always faithful to the saga. What can you say about yourself? The worst? haha ok I can't talk to someone who doesn't see objectively.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > What I will say is that the building engine of Sims 4 and CAS are amazing. You just pull and push. You can manipulate staircases and create platforms and CAS is full of stretch and shrink. You even have landscaping tools. Look at what you can do with your roofs! I mean, not right now but... Auto-roof couldn't do that...
    >
    > Shut up about Spiral Staircases. The reason we don't have them is because they're a Base Game tool and the Patchers have other things to do. They would STILL have to be programmed by a Sims 5 team.
    >
    > There's actually a reason Sims 2 and 3 only lasted 4 years each - because they got too big and too laggy with their open worlds. 4 years is roughly how long anybody's computer lasts. Sims 3 was easy to make because it's the same engine as Sims 2. In fact the creators of Sims 3 knew it would lag out later. The Closed World of Sims 4 means that you don't get lag and never will. Oh, Open Worlds would be nice, but could your computer handle it for more than a year of play?
    >
    > The only lag you get in Sims 4 is the initial loading of heavily built houses. And if you've got 2000 CC in build mode.
    >
    > If you want Sims 5 in a hurry, it will either be rushed with Online Play and a shop that you download all your content from - and they will make it tough to use CC if they want you to buy your furniture - or it will be built off the same engine as Sims 4 in which case you sure won't get an Open World.

> @Loanet said:
    > No offence, but the growing fanbase for Sims 3 is because the game was completed and now their computers are fast enough to play it. Retro Players always look back with sparkling eyes. Sims 3 isn't BETTER, it's DIFFERENT.
    >
    > People were saying that they were expecting a Sims 5 like, three years ago. And being told it wasn't anywhere near, but wanting it
    >
    > Not that my Sims aren't shockingly stupid, but be honest, were Sims very intelligent in Sims 3? In Sims 4, they do what they find fun and never try to get their work out of the way. My Programmer's favourite activity is Trolling Teh Forums when she ought to be Programming in her pre-work job and could be making a video game for Royalties.

Idem! Totally agree! You do know what you are talking about.
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member

Goodness, Sims 3 Bella looks like a hideous potato. If Sims 5 is a thing I hope they stay far away from that artstyle.