Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member

I've always wanted to try out Beat Saber! It looks like a lot of fun. Aside from the injured foot (which I hope feels better!), would you recommend it?

@tinyv0idcat Totally. I started out on Easy and now I'm doing Normal. The "you failed" screen is rough to see so many times, but it just propelled me to do better and improve. It's great exercise too. I would recommend stretching before and after, and keeping water nearby (except out of reach so you don't accidentally whack it when you're in VR. Oh, and make sure you have plenty of space so you don't whack other things too.

@AdamsEve1231 Anything that lets me combine gaming with exercise is a win in my book :p I might look into getting it then!
    MnLhKCU.jpg
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    What got you into Simlit?

Oof, I've been reading simlit for a long time, way before it was even called simlit. I used to read the sims 2 photo album stories (I think it was called Story Exchange back then?), mainly legacies (yep, that famous uglacy by Candi too). Most of those were really casual reads, mostly just funny. In sims 3 days I discovered not all sim stories need be funny per say, though I read less of them at the time - ones that stands out was the Mars Legacy by FuryRed and Alice and Kev, which @AdamsEve1231 already mentioned.

But while I've been reading all the way since Sims 2 times, I only started writing simlit back in 2015 when I ended up unemployed and needed something to do beyond endless job applications. I took quite a long break from simlit after finishing The Bloomers, but I don't think I could ever stay away for good :)
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I'm glad you didn't @ThePlumbob 😊

Btw I was meaning to ask do you still develop that PlumTree app?
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    I have a question for everyone:

What got you into SimLit?

I like to have a theme for my Sims games and I had tried my hand at producing a machinima series...but that is very time consuming. I kind of stumbled into SimLit via various Decades Challenge stories. Then I had an idea of doing a game set in one decade...the 1960s...and thought let's make a story out of it because the Sim characters looked so good.

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    at josephs request i'm reviving the bender thread.the first post is up but noel and lauren are acting like empty nesters who just got the last kid out of the house the chapter says it all.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I have a question for everyone:

What got you into SimLit?

Thanks @Julyvee94, sad to say it wasn't you but Until It Breaks was a nice stop on the simlit journey anyways.

Back in the spring of 2012 I discovered The (Ordinary) Lives of Barnacle Bay while searching for info and theories on one TS3 premade who's in that story. It's a rotational play of a bunch of premade families from that game from various worlds and it's a super fun read (especially in the tragically unfinished Part 2). I knew that legacies existed before that but somehow wasn't interested before. I was having fun playing with a few premades around that time but unsure if anyone else cared about that.

I can't say that simlit has always been a source of only joy and comfort for me, but it's been almost a decade and I learned that literally nothing will get me to leave.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Okay, what I'm reading... I shared a good bit of links this week already in terms of SimLit, but here are a few of my go-to reads (or my reading recommendations in general) recently that I didn't mention.

@RipuAncestor's Chrysanthemum Tango
    @Dollyllama108's Catastrophe Theory
    I mentioned this, but didn't link it the other day... @jillbg's The Grey Witches

As today is Catch-Up Friday, Writer's Lounge peeps, how is everyone? How is 2021 treating you? Hopefully you're having a better year than last year. :)

well moms annoyed that i hurt my foot but its knd of her fault she was washing my floor. but had shown up a hour early for a dr phone call. for me. she asked me for towels and its mom so i didn't want to throw them so i went to walkthem to her and slippped in water on the floor. most people do a section and dry it then move to the next section. not mom. now shes annoyed cause i haven't changed clothes or bathed since sunday. wearing a ace bandage but only since wednesday. other than that i'm good.

oh i alsso managed to confuse joseph wasn't trying too i just started over again but before i could write and link it to my site i hurt myself. but he confuses me at times too crinne translates. lol. love them both. :)

I hope your foot is better now, @friendsfan367. Actually I hurt my foot like 2 weeks ago trying out a new VR game, Beat Saber, with my husband. That game really gets you moving. I had to ace bandage my foot too, but it wouldn't stay on. :grimace:
    on a happier note i tried out the newcareer today.my test family lives in a haunted house. i did it i wonder if thats mean.

How are you enjoying the new pack? I haven't gotten it yet. I was a little cavalier with my budget this month and lost track of $$ so I have to wait until I get paid. Groceries and gas for my car are more important.

i like it.which suprised me. i don't usually like supernatural packs. aqnd other than Matthew i never even mention ghosts in my story. but its not like hes a pc. playable chracter i knew you would ask. :)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

SPOILER ALERT AHEAD IF YOU'RE READING PLAIN OL' LEGACY!

I finally played around with the platforms and created my very first bunk beds. I'm not much of a builder but stuff like this is what makes it fun to build.

levi_city_50.jpg?w=700
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    @Julyvee94 I started reading SimLit since TS3, but what really got me into SimLit was @CathyTea's Goofy Love Legacy. Back then I didn't even know if I was going to get TS4, but seeing and reading about her Sims, the love they have towards each other and the love she has towards them really inspired me. It's probably the best legacy story, or make it SimLit I've ever read.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Aw, thank you so much! It was a cute surprise to see you tagged me here and talked so nicely about my weird challenge <3
  • Options
    MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    @MonaSolstraale Aw, thank you so much! It was a cute surprise to see you tagged me here and talked so nicely about my weird challenge <3

You are welcome :)
    I love your crazy sims universe and your humorous remarks.
  • Options
    I'm glad you didn't @ThePlumbob 😊

The Plum Tree is still around and kicking, yes, though it's my husband that made that rather than myself :) It doesn't really get any major updates these days beyond adding new traits and aspirations when we remember. Just had a look and apparently there's 99,303 registered users :open_mouth: (though I don't think all of them are active, we'd be drowning in server bills if they were :joy: )
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I'm glad you didn't ThePlumbob 😊

The Plum Tree is still around and kicking, yes, though it's my husband that made that rather than myself :) It doesn't really get any major updates these days beyond adding new traits and aspirations when we remember. Just had a look and apparently there's 99,303 registered users :open_mouth: (though I don't think all of them are active, we'd be drowning in server bills if they were :joy: )

That is so cool! Where are you hosting it? I should check it out again.

Maybe once I'm done unpacking moving boxes I will get back to writing my own simlit :o
  • Options
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I'm glad you didn't ThePlumbob 😊

That is so cool! Where are you hosting it? I should check it out again.

Maybe once I'm done unpacking moving boxes I will get back to writing my own simlit :o

Oh yeah, I think the url has changed from the original one, I forgot about that! It's theplumtreeapp.com

Hope you're settling in to the new place well :)
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

Luckily Nia is still saved on my gallery, so I was thinking of maybe starting up...The Whitmore Legacy!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

Luckily Nia is still saved on my gallery, so I was thinking of maybe starting up...The Whitmore Legacy!

@lilypadmeulin I've got Nia saved in my library too. :) That sounds like a great idea.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Don't have a clue what got me into SimLit.

I'm half-made (or I should say I unmade) my bed for the first time!!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I never had good subjects for Catch Up Friday (and then it just fizzled out) but thanks PitlordMaggie, I'm finally catching up on candycottonchu's Neighbourhood Talk. I'll go to her thread or bug her on Discord when I'm through the new Season 2 chapters but it's a great, detailed look at the lives of a bunch of young adults.

I just check out the neighborhood talk blog and I got the major feels because it has the Heffner Legacy linked in the sidebar and I remember reading that back when I was active a few years ago :'( miss that story @Maladi777
    5f0ae3fc02c52b32bebf1c7ff9d217844f42e429.jpg

:kissing_heart:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I never had good subjects for Catch Up Friday (and then it just fizzled out) but thanks PitlordMaggie, I'm finally catching up on candycottonchu's Neighbourhood Talk. I'll go to her thread or bug her on Discord when I'm through the new Season 2 chapters but it's a great, detailed look at the lives of a bunch of young adults.

I just check out the neighborhood talk blog and I got the major feels because it has the Heffner Legacy linked in the sidebar and I remember reading that back when I was active a few years ago :'( miss that story @Maladi777

:open_mouth:
    Heck yes! How are you??
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hey everyone! I have a couple new chapters of TDC out, that can be read here:
    cNJEZcU.png
    1k0FDLy.png

I'm gonna try to update my other story sometime really soon. I need a small break off of this one, these two chapters wore me out.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »

:open_mouth:
    Heck yes! How are you??

Aww. Hey. Been better. RL sucks sometimes.
    I'm so moved by all the feedback I'm still getting on the Heffners from all sides. It really motivates me to get back to it.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    Hey everyone! I have a couple new chapters of TDC out, that can be read here:
    cNJEZcU.png
    1k0FDLy.png

I'm gonna try to update my other story sometime really soon. I need a small break off of this one, these two chapters wore me out.

i would had one bt my game got stuck in a loop.
  • Options
    i was playing beverly and alvin. they aren't in a relationship but do stuff. no i don't control it anyway alvin was with someone else and beverrly got mad. they aren't together.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top