Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited November 2020
    OJenn wrote: »

Hi @Rawla welcome! Do you plan to join us here?

I already have. I just haven't played it in a loooong time.

As a recap on the start of my Greene family, I'll show you some pictures of what has happened last time I played.

07-29-20_9-18-42_PM.png

07-29-20_4-41-05_PM.png

07-29-20_9-52-18_PM.png

And here is a few rooms I don't think you've seen. Most everything else in the home is unfinished. :P They're broke. lol

I love this nursery.
    11-07-20_3-31-26_PM.png

Their garage I turned into a workshop. :) After reading of the deaths due to cowplant, I'm tempted to fence it in and lock the door. lol Because ...yikes! :scream:
    11-07-20_3-35-08_PM.png

Oh! She's pregnant too. I can't remember if I said anything. :smiley:

Here's two more pics of the house. :)

11-07-20_3-51-22_PM.png

11-07-20_3-51-52_PM.png
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited November 2020
    OJenn wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions about this challenge that I want to get clear in my head before I even start planning anything definite.

1). So every lot in the town has to be cleared, houses and shops, etc, everything?
    2). The only house allowed in the save originally has to be my sims lot?
    3). All the commercial lots have to be rebuilt or downloaded from the gallery. Is there a money limit on that (ie. reach $20,000 in household funds) or can you just add them whenever?
    4). Spares can live in the same town, so do you have to build them a house or do they inherit the family home when the heir moves out?
    5). If I chose Brindleton Bay as my town, and my founder would obviously have to be a vet, would the rest of the heirs need to be vets as well?
    6). Could I start this challenge using a sim from my current legacy?

Hi!

1) Yes, all lots have to be removed.
    2) Yes. You will select a lot to build from the main page for your sims.
    3) Yes! A lot of us use lots built by people here in the challenge. But you can download lots from the gallery or build your own. There is no money limit.
    4) Personally this is up to you, I usually have spares inherit the family home once the heir moves out.
    5) So not all heirs would need to be vets they would just need to "inherit" a skill (cooking, handiness etc) that every heir would have.
    6) You'd need to start the challenge with one of the couples on the first page. Part of the fun is the genetics comparison :)

I hope that helped clear some things up and if not feel free to ask for clarification.

Hi @Rawla welcome! Do you plan to join us here?

4) how do you get the heir to take the household inventory with them? I tried in my game to shift Jade and Xen into a new house but they didn’t take the inventory with them, that’s why I had to take Jade’s parents with her.
    6) going through the gene pool for Brindleton Bay, nearly every male has black hair (except I couldn’t see Darwin Elixir - that link was coming up with ‘not found’), especially at the start. Would I have to stick with them or could I add in someone from one of the other challenges (as in, from this thread) for extra genetic diversity?

Jade’s parents will be moving back to their original house soon. I’m so annoyed with Jade and Xen for getting pregnant on their wedding day and making me wait three extra days to get to Batuu that they’re going to have six children :). Obi-Wan (who got an alien birth certificate) will age up to toddler soon, and Jade got pregnant on Batuu with Leia. Normally I would only have one more pregnancy (I told myself at the start that each family would only have three pregnancies) but as I said, This is their punishment... and maybe mine too but the last time with four kids wasn’t too bad!

Edited: incidentally, the gen 3 house plans are the same link.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 Having a starwars theme for your family sound so fun! :smiley: Punishment indeed. rofl
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    F7bs1.jpeg
    TO RAISE A WOLFE – Evergreen Harbor Edition
    Callahan Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree
    Valentino Family Tree
    West Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree

Chapter 21: The Last Three Days

Since I’ve been gone nearly a month, here’s a brief recap before I dive in!

Lia and Heath are my founders for Evergreen Harbor.
    LIwfQOc.png

They had 5 kids. Sawyer, third from the left, is the heir. Hailey, far left, is from a previous relationship for Lia and she is the Willow Creek Heir. Lia and Heath had 2 sets of twins. Weston and Sawyer were first, then Brycen and Kaitlin.
    xZ6Xrvm.png

Sawyer met Lucia when she applied to his roommate ad when he was in college. He had just been dumped by Cassiel so his family was worried about the speed at which this relationship moved, but everything worked out. They’re still together and going strong!
    pfoYNCE.png

They had 4 kids. ALL SINGLE BIRTHS! I still can’t get over this. I love all 4 of them but Selena and Lachlan are my favorites. Lachlan is heir because of Thalia and honestly, I’m so in love with Selena’s husband so I’m ok with this!
    yCUWR9j.png

Sawyer and Lucia have raised their 3 girls and now just Lachlan is left at home. This is where we pick up again!

I had to start with this picture. I love when any of them spend time in this room because they don’t come up here often and it’s one of my favorites.
    3aloZPL.png

Downstairs, Lucia was telling Lachlan that his sister Silvina had eloped with a man they don’t even know!
    t7ccIQN.png

This is fine since they don’t know a lot of people they should know.
    LQQ9Fdp.png

This seems so typical to me. The teen outside in his pajamas cooking.
    qMcOD4a.png

He loves the views up there.
    ViDQNWB.png

Even though he has three older sisters, he feels like an only child now. No one to play games with.
    PnZcLi1.png

He’s kind of a loner to be honest. He hasn’t made a lot of friends outside of the family. A boy who knits while rocking to metal? Lucia tells him he will find his people when he goes to University. Until then? He has Luna.
    saW5ies.png

It’s hard not to love this face.
    NImNgUA.png

Harvestfest rolled around and Lachlan decided to make a grand breakfast for his parents.
    MSklIzR.png

He’s become quite skilled in the kitchen.
    LC4v44q.png

He really just wanted to ring the bell.
    XHpzEnq.png

They talked about his impending graduation and his future.
    PR4jR2K.png

Later he received more scholarship news. While he never got the scholarship for being an Evergreen Harbor resident, he did get two for being handy and active.
    gvBOT8v.png

How did we get so many gnomes? I feel afraid for Sawyer…
    f4uAamA.png

Later that day , they went to Hailey’s house. She had the biggest house to fit all of the family, but Sawyer still prepared the dinner. It was tradition!
    2789sjt.png

This is Hailey’s youngest son Marc. He looks so much like Jay. He too is headed to the military. Other than being active, the boys don’t have much in common.
    dVcEMdb.png

It was a relief when Sawyer called them for dinner.
    P8uz07M.png

Selena was a little over dressed but I think it’s because of who she’s married to! You never know when you might be caught on camera when you’re married to an international celebrity.
    VFAlMC9.png

As usual, the family had a great time just being together.
    W0Y3XDa.png
    hLdnktC.png
    4tqGlzt.png

My two heirs. Carlton must be sad he’s not the Evergreen Harbor heir!
    wHKVq49.png

These are Samara’s little ones. (Even though I had Sawyer go to all the houses before Harvestfest he didn’t have the option to invite Selena’s little one.)
    TldEfJt.png

The future cube epidemic seems to have struck the Everest household. Why couldn’t they fix that when they fixed the cake baking issue?
    f0jttXI.png

Lucia was surprised to find Sawyer baking a second meal. “Honey? We’ve already had our meal. Why are you making a tofu turkey? There are no vegetarians here.”
    uLT515j.png

He wasn’t the only one acting strangely. Tomas was playing dolls without his little ones. Maybe he was just checking it out so he could make one for them too?
    MDFtG7m.png

Sawyer ended up taking a nap. I’m getting worried about him!
    HVXXM58.png

Once they were home though, he seemed fine. More than fine! Lucia is so in love with him.
    1bYc0PI.png
    qSsyklj.png

Lachlan is not the cat lover in this family, but the cats sure do love him.
    gyx95iZ.png
    0PUDws7.png

The next morning it was Lachlan’s birthday.
    YcD2uIU.png

They had big plans for the day and discussed them over breakfast.
    iFpyInO.png

Lachlan made sure to take time for his favorite activity. I love this picture.
    DAe5BZ6.png
    DURMaA1.png
    zTfhIap.png

Not only was it his birthday, but it was the day he got his acceptance letters.
    lm9OJTz.png

Silvina finally came over to tell everyone how her surprise marriage happened.
    FGoficY.png
    XLCc8py.png

Sawyer practiced denial and played Lachlan’s air guitar.
    jOPMzeP.png

Lachlan joined him later and they played some soccer.
    ZjBUbGD.png
    cs0L8D0.png

Sawyer is having a hard time.
    wkAfISy.png

Potsie got sick just before the party started.
    DlKDhGF.png

Sawyer took him to the vet.
    FlvEXoj.png

While he was there, he met Silvina’s new husband. He recognized Rosie.
    huKDozF.png

He stayed a little to get to know him while Potsie snoozed in the background.
    DqdxVkz.png

Finally it was birthday time.
    VIxc62m.png

Lachlan was definitely feeling pretty amazing.
    CVW73Zl.png

After the family party, Lachlan went out to celebrate at a night club. It was one of the coolest DJs I’ve seen in sims!
    sdcDh9Q.png

Hailey’s half-sister Jess was there as a bartender.
    ajMeSUe.png

He also ran into Selena’s husband who was not amused.
    s7mVCTZ.png

Seriously, what are you doing here? This is where I come to escape….
    2b6FFb5.png

Lachlan also ran into David Wolfe. “Hey, didn’t I meet you at my Dad’s house once?”
    xDljcs7.png

His uncle Brycen showed up too (in an outfit I never gave him).
    ycougbH.png

David was telling a story and Brycen was feeling a little suspicious.
    4lLlMz1.png

But, overall, Lachlan had a great night on his birthday.
    WYeEeWz.png
  • Options
    @debjameswhite Hiiii! :smiley: Lachlan looks so much like his dad. I just got finished with reading this chapter of yours and I have no idea what to say except, I can't wait to read the next one!! <3:smiley:
  • Options
    @Kiwicantdie I love that picture of Kori talking reason to her little boys. I'll let you use my phrase "terror twins" if you like. That's how I refer to my boys :) Poor Ryder hehe. Yet he looks so smug in the picture where he is eating his dinner on his bed! Awww River is so cute hugging his grammy. I'm just imagining the feels I would have if I took my children to my parents house and the proceeded to spill flower and chocolate all over the front steps. At least they're outside? Ryder's face is great :) Poor Kori she looks super unsure about playing that guitar. Maybe you could just get her a keyboard? Oh look that dirty baby running around wild...the struggle is real! Kirk only hates kids that aren't his and these twins are technically his :) So of course he loves them! What a good uncle tossing him around like that. Hahha how funny when the family spreads juicy gossip about the dead and the babies. OH NO! They both died at once? And then no power? Poor Max! Oh thank goodness it was time to age these sweet boys up! Aww I'm glad they still had a set of grandparents to help them age up. Oh those traits you rolled are tough but maybe you'll discover something fun once playing through. It's so funny to me that the girl is Lia and Heath's daughter! I thought she looked like Kaitlin :) haha congrats to Kirk and his GF.

@Heckstress17 I'm so happy to hear your son is going to be ok. I know how terrifying that had to be for you. I'm sending you good thoughts for a quick recovery <3

@Rawla HELLO!!! So happy to see you <3 I like your new avatar.
  • Options

@Rawla HELLO!!! So happy to see you <3 I like your new avatar.

Thanks! <3 My current avatar is one of the very first ones I used on TS4 forums. :smile:

• Options
    Rawla wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 Having a starwars theme for your family sound so fun! :smiley: Punishment indeed. rofl

I’m planning on having three generations of Star Wars - one heir for each faction on Batuu - so it should be fun! Leia has just been born, and next baby Poe has just been conceived 😆. I thought I bought Fertile reward for Jade but it hasn’t appeared so it seems she’ll be doing things the hard way! Obi-Wan got the Angelic trait, which makes him a little easier to deal with. Let’s see what happens when he realises he is an older brother 🤣.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member

4) how do you get the heir to take the household inventory with them? I tried in my game to shift Jade and Xen into a new house but they didn’t take the inventory with them, that’s why I had to take Jade’s parents with her.
    6) going through the gene pool for Brindleton Bay, nearly every male has black hair (except I couldn’t see Darwin Elixir - that link was coming up with ‘not found’), especially at the start. Would I have to stick with them or could I add in someone from one of the other challenges (as in, from this thread) for extra genetic diversity?

Jade’s parents will be moving back to their original house soon. I’m so annoyed with Jade and Xen for getting pregnant on their wedding day and making me wait three extra days to get to Batuu that they’re going to have six children :). Obi-Wan (who got an alien birth certificate) will age up to toddler soon, and Jade got pregnant on Batuu with Leia. Normally I would only have one more pregnancy (I told myself at the start that each family would only have three pregnancies) but as I said, This is their punishment... and maybe mine too but the last time with four kids wasn’t too bad!

Edited: incidentally, the gen 3 house plans are the same link.

Updated the link for gen 3.
    You can move the items from the household inventory into your heir's personal inventory by putting the items somewhere in the house and having your heir "put in inventory".
  • Options
    @debjameswhite - I didn't forget about you Deb but I did miss seeing your posts. (I am still taking a break from the internet but I wanted to reply to you update while I am here)

I do like Lachlan but we both know Selina will always be my favorite ;) I am glad to hear she is happy though. It stinks that the scholarship bug is still there, I wonder if they'll ever fix that. Your family dinners are to envied I always love seeing the family get together like that. Acceptance letters on his birthday, what a nice gift for Lachlan!
  • Options
    WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    Hope you are all alright <3
    I'm preparing an update right now. Soon it's time to have the new house. Who of you had built that amazing shell that I can use? <3

@JordanNicoleJJ Hope that cold is gone and you're feeling good again! Looking forward to your update!

@Heckstress17 Thank god the surgery went well and your son is okay!

@Rawla Welcome back! I remember your sims but it has been a long time. I really like the nursery. And the garage you turned into a workshop :) Better watch out for that cowplant!

@debjameswhite I still love this room with all the portraits!
    The lonely teen who knits and rocks to metal :D He will find friends at university. Besides, pets are gold! Two scholarships? That's great news! I really enjoy this picture with the family having dinner. Looks like a big family meeting while sharing stories and memories. Birthday time! Seems like he's having a great time. Hailey's half-sister Jess is such a good looking sim.
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Heckstress17 I am praying for the recovery of your son. I know how stressful that can be. Sinding hugs to you and your family.

@Rawla Glad to see you back. IT was nice to catch up with your family.

@debjameswhite Lol I am also guilty of cooking outside in my pajamas. I am hoping that Lachlan makes friends soon. It is good that he is close to his family. I can see he eventually starting socializing more. Good for him. I can't wait to see what is next.
    ]
  • Options

Generation 2
    Chapter 7

We all know that none of the kids have any friends.
    So this picture is the first one of them socializing because Emilia has met that girl at school and even invited her to her home.
    mSe2BK3.png

Moreover, Zeke met a very distant relative :)
    ntttgz1.png

Since all their kids are old enough to take care of themselves, Rose finally maxed yer yoga skills.
    r22Tdbu.png
    RDmgJfU.png
    l0MtHYT.png

She even helped Helena and Emilia with their homework.
    aox8vgT.png

Oh and by the way, both parents have managed to reach the top of their career while raising 5 kids.
    JJ6tjEL.png

There will be so many birthdays in this chapter. As you can see, it took several tries to get two cakes at the same time.
    w0KWMlH.png

Let's age these twins into teens.
    o1MyyUQ.png
    n57T0s4.png
    64FcGH4.png

They have a different personality and just based on their traits, I've ruled Samuel out. I'm sorry, but his combination is too much for me :D

Henry
    Big Happy Family
    - Music Lover
    - Clumsy
    - Family-Oriented
    Career: Professor (Education)
    SiDZ5E4.png

Samuel
    Friend of the World
    - Evil
    - Romantic
    - Mean
    Career: Investor (Business)
    kyaS8lA.png

Here are their teenage outfits.
    ShrBq0w.png
    BET5CZ2.png

While Helena was not impressed by her brothers at all, she tried to score more points on being a possible heir choice and focused on the dishes.
    PgtKhSg.png

Samuel however showed his evil side and insulted Emilia's friend right away. Thankfully Emilia made her smile again.
    Y1enWyY.png
    mt8K99e.png
    cLNsvTR.png

He did bring a girl home from school though and she didn't seem too annoyed by his weird personality.
    qSnlSXK.png
    6AKBXsC.png

As if Helena knew, that I crossed Samuel off the list, she observed Henry talking to their dad. I'm telling you, that girl isn't playing :D
    AHKJcTs.png
    k8lUKEL.png
    uJXMtzI.png

The younger set of twins were doing her homework when Helena entered their shared bedroom. Look at that side-eye she's giving them.
    Tq0os8T.png
    7Fy2lNx.png

Here's more of evil Samuel. Although he is evil, he did some nice things around the house.
    kR6yUM2.png
    Rj5MS3F.png
    9uj3RJ2.png
    TqWYJEE.png

Diana and Emilia both got the creative aspiration as kids. I spare you the endless hours of drawing and playing the violin.
    So here's just one picture of Diana instead :)
    qjecidt.png

Since I had more time on my hands, I followed Rose to work again and let her have some fun.
    Which meant annoying coworkers.
    q0Km2ct.png
    NYJZpyQ.png

Experimenting.
    IDvjqrO.png
    2mK3JMt.png

Trying to contact aliens.
    nPo80ox.png
    mhgAjqY.png

And more experimenting.
    NIUhiOH.png
    VGEUvUw.png

She is still ripped as you can see in this picture. She made a cake for Helena's birthday and I can't wait to see her genetics.
    8RBfvA2.png
    ximHNFo.png
    TcxxQqQ.png

I'm not disappointed but she is not my favorite when it comes to genetics.
    Her traits are okay though:
    Musical Genius
    - Recycle Disciple
    - Loves Outdoors
    - Vegetarian
    Career: Charity Organizer (Politician)

2I4WwFw.png
    bFlWgQF.png

However, she still tried to win me over by starting yoga right away.
    tn9WOEO.png
    SWYXR4N.png
    2rM9ZlA.png

I mean, she is kinda cute but still.
    B2fipWz.png

Oh and I'm so happy that the house is full. Later that night, aliens contacted Rose.
    2lwDaZ9.png

She was not impressed though.
    f6b9uMD.png
    z9q3MYE.png

Her mood didn't change much when she learned that it was actually time for her to age up this time.
    TiY12wE.png
    Cn3CydH.png

I gave her a makeover as it seemed fitting.
    Y2xZglc.png

To my surprise, she didn't hit the yoga mat this time and tried to adapt Zeke's way of staying fit.
    QL20qaK.png
    ipmS93z.png
    PP9eYtl.png

On another day, Rose tried to bond with Helena who was still Zeke's favorite kid.
    xxuEXpA.png
    YzmFTnm.png

Zeke tried the same with the boys.
    jADvWUR.png

But he even gave them the woohoo talk.
    wc33ZyU.png
    9mx2BmB.png
    wa7Qoxb.png
    gGuoMiR.png

Look at these boys.
    RGg8EcL.png

Rose thought she could handle the situation better than her husband.
    IP8gazH.png
    xWXRuey.png

Samuel and Henry tried different approaches to forget the awkward conversation they've had with their dad.
    Our beloved evil boy tried punching.
    x4rZCTb.png
    6ZvIHNX.png
    While my sweet clumsy one thought about different chess strategies.
    Vj8ppD8.png
    ULZmBvy.png
    But he tried to gain some muscles as well.
    u0Eiz5Q.png

Helena met a guy at school. I forgot his name but he is cute.
    mQ3VDcY.png

Diana also met a girl at school.
    J7YRguK.png

And of course, Samuel brought another girl home.
    zWimQyk.png

While talking, they've realized how similar they were (she was either evil or mean, can't remember) and they hit off right away.
    vNIuz06.png
    Ym4vky7.png
    tDHNCju.png

Like literally.
    8mEY9Wl.png
    EriKWrz.png

Here is "side-eye Helena" again.
    TWcGQYp.png

But yeah, Samuel and his partner in crime are way too cute together.
    UcZIxWo.png
    2zPvQZX.png

Henry felt a bit lonely but Emilia's childhood friend came over (she's a teen now) and he invited her to a game of chess.
    RwBuvYQ.png
    X1x62Wr.png
    g6J3BT8.png

More important, Samuel's crush invited him out on a date the next day. Of course, he said yes.
    BeEvoor.png

No idea why they met there and not some romantic place but maybe it's because it fits them better.
    However, I can tell you that they are going strong and became officially girlfriend and boyfriend.
    Cw87uou.png
    Hn3LMxR.png
    52qI50G.png

And to end this update, we have two more birthdays. Since it's winter now, the twins got the winter cake :)
    eQnbPIb.png
    It was finally time to end the child's life stage for Diana and Emilia as well. They have both reached their creativity goal.
    Let's hit the teenage years :D
    YBpClGo.png
    OwlFgYh.png

I stuck to their color schemes for their outfits.

Diana
    Lady of the Knits
    - Materialistic
    - Outgoing
    - Maker
    Career: Floral Designer (Gardener)
    BLm4gDs.png
    AuptQSM.png

Emilia
    The Curator
    - Creative
    - Child of the Islands
    - Freegan
    Career: Doctor (Get To Work)
    LUpR6Ht.png
    uUCfMNt.png

I've ruled out Samuel, Helena und Diana out. Although I love them all, I either don't like playing them that much or their combination/genetics isn't my favorite.

Here is the typical genetic comparison view.
    First off, the parents (current looks) plus all the kids that are not running for heir.
    RnCLjCm.png
    LzrO0kw.png

Parents plus potential heirs:
    RnCLjCm.png
    TF3hhs6.png

Help me decide guys.
    I really like Henry and Emilia and I also looked at the potential mates for the next generation and I'm not really sure what to do.
  • Options
    @Wentcrazy I'll comment on the update later, but I wanted to vote for Emilia now :D
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I finally have time to post some comments :smiley: I'm so excited for Snowy Escape to release tonight! I just pre-ordered it, and it releases at 11pm in my time zone!! :smiley: Today I have to finish giving townies make-overs so I can play tonight and not have naked sims wandering my neighborhood :lol: I think there's only like 12-15 sims to go, but I'm so over giving make-overs rn lol.

@Heckstress17 So part of why I haven't been playing/posting is that I got sick a few days after my friend's wedding. It turned into a bad sinus infection and is still kind of bothering me, but I'm finally starting to get over it now. At least I can focus long enough to play video games :sweat_smile: I'm sorry to hear your son had to have a surgery, but I'm glad it went well and he's starting to act more like himself! Surgeries are so scary though. I had to have several surgeries as a kid for a bacterial infection in my lymph nodes that wouldn't go away, and it was so scary to me that I tried to run away from the hospital -- they let me drive this little toy car to the ER room, I saw an exit door, and I tried to drive the car through it?? But uh, the toy car only went like 5 mph tops so obviously I didn't make it :joy: Anyway, I'm glad your son is doing better now lol. I'll do my best to distract you with updates this weekend! I hope you feel like playing again soon too :smile:

Have I mentioned how much I love Meric and Melrose's nursery?? It's so pretty :love: Meric and Melrose are ADORABLE tods! I thought Storm's genes were strong until his kids aged up into teens, and it turned out they both got a lot of Thalia! I'm hoping that'll be the case for little Melrose, because she's my fav of the three :blush: These fires are gonna drive me crazy! At this point I want to cheat to stop them from happening at all because they're so buggy :tired_face: At least Carter was able to put out the fire in your game and no one got (too) hurt...the maid definitely deserves a day off though :sweat_smile: The servo pics!!! I love servos so much, their "coming to life" is so fun. AHHH YOU MADE WALL-E!!! I NEED him for my game so I can marry him and Eve :love: I know you're disappointed with Miles BUT I think he's a total cutie! His outfits are all super cute. His room is so cool too! It's the perfect kid-teen room, you won't have to do anything to it once he ages up! I'm convinced that servos make the best nannies. I also think I like WALL-E even more than Eve and I feel so bad saying that :sweat_smile: Oh man, I feel that "never ending fall" -- it rained non-stop in my game too :unamused: (That scenery shot of the house was gorgeous though, I'm always so jealous of how beautiful the graphics in your game are...I know we both play on ultra but your game just looks prettier :lol: ) Carter has a chess buddy now! Servos are sooo worth the time and effort it takes, they're just perfect. I love the pic of the tods playing with their toys - their toys match their pjs and it's so cute lol. WALL-E has to sleep in a bed?? Eve would literally just "fall asleep" (recharge) anywhere, standing up or sitting down, didn't matter :lol: Aw I love that the family's expanding, Chloe will be a great mom! (Chelsea had two boys in my game while Chloe adopted a bunch of pugs :lol: ) Eeeeee birthday time! AHHH HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME ON A CLIFFHANGER!! I need to see those tods as kids ASAP! :wink:

@amadazulsim I love your updates, they always remind me to send my sims to Sulani more often! AH twins!! I can't wait to see them as toddlers! I don't think we've seen any of Manu and Luana's kids yet :smiley:

@Kiwicantdie Don't stress girl, I totally get being busy! I've heard that covid's coming back pretty hard in Europe, so I hope you and your family are healthy & safe :smile: But I'm so glad you had time to post an update for us! The toddles are soooo cute in your game, man you and @Heckstress17 are giving me sims-baby-fever and I really want to get to the next gen now :sweat_smile: Also I love that grandma Iris is so involved in their lives :heart: Best grandma ever. Also...do you have smog back in your game??? If so, it's a miracle!! I know you worked so hard to get it smoggy, you deserve some yellow skies! Congrats to Kori on her promotion! She's so cute playing her guitar, I totally see her being in like a hipster indie band that performs at coffee shops and bars lol. Of course River's so charming he even charmed the Hates Children sim -- I mean, he charmed me and I hate children too :lol: River's still my fav. Such a cute lil pink boy. Oh NOOO! I so wasn't ready for Aiyden and Iris to pass in your game :bawling: WHAT? What horrible timing for the power to go out! Poor Max... Yes birthday time!! At least there was light at the end of the tunnel (hehe pun intended). Yup, River's definitely my fav. It's the curly hair, it gets me every time. He really did get a super consistent personality. I don't hate the Friend of the World aspiration as much as the other social aspirations, but it's still a social asp :grimace: I do like the idea of criminal Ryder, it sounds more fun at least :lol: Plus Ryder's super cute too, they are twins after all. Ooo I totally ship Lia and Heath's daughter with Kori's brother! They'd make a cute couple, MCCC get on it! :smirk: Omg poor hates children Kirk, not only does he have a child, he has a HEADLESS child, the horror! :scream:

@Rawla You're back, yay!! I was wondering how your Greenes were fairing, I remembered the cooking fire! The nursery and the workshop are amazing! Lol I totally don't blame you if you fence off the cowplant. It is an Aiyden-eating monster! The poor, poor Greenes, what an empty hosue! I kinda love the "poor" stage though when the house is super empty and unfinished, it gives me something to strive for.

@debjameswhite Congrats to Silvina on her elopement! Is that another bug - forgetting relationships too fast? Thankfully I haven't noticed that one in my game yet. I really hope the last patch fixed a lot of issues, it was a pretty big patch. Aww poor Lachlan, I bet he misses having a house full of sisters now. At least he has a house full of cats to keep him company! WOAH that's a lot of gnomes! I've only ever seen like 3-4! I'm afraid for Sawyer too :flushed: Omg Hailey's son really does look like Jay! I had to do a double-take because I swore it was Jay with a new hair color trying to sneak his way into the family again :lol: Another great Harvestfest in the books! Your family gatherings are always perfect. Carlton looks so much like Ridge! He's only of Hailey and Ridge's kids too, isn't he? Good news - they (supposedly) did fix the future cube bug in the new patch. I haven't been in-game yet to see, but it was in the patch notes. Aw I love that Lucia and Sawyer are still so in love :heart: They really turned out to be the perfect couple. I love Lachlan so much -- knitting, heavy metal, and robotics, what a fun sim! At least Sawyer still has Lachlan and all of his cats. What a fun birthday celebration! Going to a club was a great idea, I always forget about the Windenburg clubs. Overall a great birthday party for the college boy. I can't wait to see his college life!

@Wentcrazy I'm just now getting over my cold - it turned into a sinus infection and dragged out a lot longer and I'd hoped :confused: But I'm well enough to play video games now at least lol. I'm not surprised in the slightest that Rose maxed her yoga, she's been working at it since she was a teen and it's finally paid off! I'm pretty sure maxing the wellness skill also grants sims a longer life? So I'm excited for her to (hopefully) be around for a long time :blush: And they both maxed their careers! You're doing so well this gen! I'm still waiting on Thalia to max her career in my game :tongue: Aww the boys are so cute as teens! I totally get not wanting an evil sim, even though Samuel will always be one of my favs lol. Henry got some great traits and aspiration though! Lol I love that Helena is keeping an eye on everyone so she can one-up them and become the heir, she's a cunning little one! Rose is so cool, like she has the coolest job ever and I really hope she meets some aliens lol. I want to see the alien world too - I've never actually been there in-game! Omg I know she's not your fav but Helena is GORGEOUS! I also really like her traits and career, though Musical Genius seems pretty random. Who knew she had a secret musical side! Yay Rose finally met the aliens!! She looks great with her adult makeover too, very mature (and a total powerhouse - look at those muscles!). Lol the poor boys, the woohoo talk is never fun but at least they heard it from their dad instead of their mom :lol: Rose is a scientist, you'd think she'd be great at the woohoo talk but no...it's never not awkward :lol: Ooo the redheaded boy Helena met is super cute! If she's not the heir, I totally ship them :smirk: Samuel met quite the colorful girl! I love the hot pink hair, it's such a teenager thing to do lol. Go Samuel! Partner in crime for life (...or at least high school lol)! Helena's side eye is my fav :lol: Aw and Henry's got a little crush too, how cute. You're so good at keeping your sims social, I'm so jealous lol. Oh man... the girls aged up gorgeously too! You got some great genetics this gen. I really love Emelia buuut you know I love Thalia as a gene pool mate, and Henry is so cute! So I think I'll vote for Henry, but I'm happy with either of them becoming heir!
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hi guys! I can't believe it's been over 3 weeks since the last time I loaded up my laptop. I'm sitting here debating if I should update, or wait until I'm able to get Snowy Escape. I've read that there's been some widespread problems with the game crashing and that the hotfix for it won't be out until next week. I'm leaning towards waiting because of that, and also hoping the EP will go on sale lol Anyway, I'm so far behind! :bawling: I won't bore you all with the details, but things have been crazy busy for me. I've got family coming in from out of town next week for Thanksgiving, and then it's my Birthday, Anniversary and of course, Christmas. I really don't foresee me having much time to play at all. Though I am determined to drop in every few days for comments. Which is why I'm here right now :)

@Rawla - I'm always happy when you pop back in from a long hiatus. It was great seeing your Aiyden and Iris again. I really love your giraffe nursery! It's super cute. I hope you'll be back with another update soon!

@debjameswhite - I loved your recap, even though I didn't really need it :wink: Sawyer and Lucia made the most beautiful children ever, and I too am in awe of the fact you escaped multiples for a generation. I wish your family liked the portrait room more because I certainly love seeing all of the past heirs. Plus Sawyer looks so angelic in his painting :heart: Anyway, I adore Lachlan! His BFF is a cat, he loves metal, and knits in his spare time lol what's not to like!? He reminds me a bit of Carter, a bit of an oddball, but we know they end up with girl :wink: Hailey's youngest son looks just like her, and him being a guy makes it that much easier to see how much Hailey looks like her Father. Selena's husband looked so annoyed at the club lol but thankfully Lachlan didn't let that ruin his birthday. I'm super duper excited to see him start his life on his own :smiley:

@amadazulsim - Thank you so much :heart: thankfully my little guy is doing much better now. Luana was a very pretty pregnant sim, but somehow I envisioned her as a much more relaxed pregnant lady lol she looked relieved when it was all over. Welcome Leah and Cherish! We always end up with twins when we can't afford them lol

@Wentcrazy - Thank you, I'm very relieved that everything went well with the surgery and it's all over with :heart: I LOVED this update. Zeke meeting Fawn was such a surprise! She's been gone in my game for awhile now, so it was nice to see her. Rose looked awesome showing off her max yoga skill poses. And you're awesome maxing out both Zeke and Rose's careers while caring for all those kids. You also did a great job having the boys blowing their candles out at the same time and getting pics of it. I really love how they aged up, and they even have more of Rose in them then I expected. But omg Samuel's traits :joy: You're telling me you weren't dreaming of having an evil, mean, social romantic heir?! Henry rolled good traits though! Helena is beautiful, and her traits and career path really work well together. Though I will say out of all the kids this gen she's my least fav genetically. Which is crazy because she's adorable, but the genetics of the other kids are just 10/10. Too bad she didn't put enough effort into yoga to win you over lol and omg how cool that Rose met aliens! Her adult makeover is so chic. I love her short hair. Wow those woohoo talks were awkward :lol: Diana and Emilia are so pretty and such great genetic mixes! You've got such a hard heir choice. I'm not feeling Diana's traits though, which is a bummer because I really love her style. Emilia is just stunning, and the best mix of her parents in my opinion. Though her Child of the Islands, and Freegan traits aren't my fav. It kinda kills me to say, but my vote's for Henry! He's a great mix and super cute. I love his traits AND he could potentially marry Thalia like my heir, and @JordanNicoleJJ 's heir (and @debjameswhite will be using her as well) and I love when we all use the same mates.

@JordanNicoleJJ - I was hoping everything was okay. I thought it was weird you had been so quiet here, but just figured you were busy with your birthday and friend's wedding. Sinus infection's are the worse! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. omg the visual you gave me of 5 year old you driving a ride on car through the hospital and looking for an exit was too funny lol thankfully my son didn't try to escape. He was really great about the whole thing (until he was in recovery delirious and repeating "what did they do to me??!" lol) Anyway, I'm so so so excited for your update. It's been way too long. Does that mean you haven't played and will actually be able to take Storm, Thalia, and the kids on a wintery vacay!? I'm glad you like the toddler's nursery. It's not my fav nursery ever, but I do like that it's different. Spoiler, but all 3 kids this generation take 100% after Carter. No joke. They got none of Thalia's features and I'm super annoyed. I guess we can't have perfect blends every generation :confused: Anyway, omg how can you like WALL-E more then Eve!? Trust me, your Eve is much cooler then WALL-E. Not that I don't love him, but Eve totally stole my heart. Which reminds me I've gotta play matchmaker for them next time I'm in game. I'll upload him for you too :blush:

@Kiwicantdie - I swear, you always make the chaos of toddlerhood look so fun in your updates. You even made the Austin triplet generation look like a good time lol I don't know how you do it!? But after reading your updates I'm always wanting the messes and drama in my game too lol. River and Ryder were certainly handfuls, but they were such cute toddlers who could be mad? Mama Kori standing outside hand on her hips scolding Ryder was a great series of pics. You're great at getting different camera angles and it really immerses me into your game :heart: Uncle Kirk coming to the rescue was unexpected lol he's a good brother. That pic of Max relieving him from the burden was too funny and true. Uncle Kirk out!!! Nooooo Iris and Aiyden :bawling::bawling::bawling: I wasn't ready! Mama Iris had just gotten her house key :disappointed: I'll really miss them. What a slap in the face from the power company though :flushed: "Too Bad!" wow lol no sympathy from them. Ryder playing with the toy Grandma Iris knitted before aging up was too cute :disappointed: and sad. But the boys had a great birthday party filled with all the remaining family members, which luckily for them, is a lot. Kori's face of relief once the candles were blown out was too funny :joy: I can really feel her (and your) struggle lol. Anyway, Ryder's my current fav. I love troublemakers lol and how perfect he got the rambunctious aspiration. River's pretty great with all his pink outfits and curly hair though too. I'm excited to see more!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Hey everyone! I have a post full of pictures and ready for words before posting, but I honestly haven't had the time to do so. My son was in a car accident Tuesday overnight. He wasn't driving, and will be okay, but he got a severe shoulder dislocation - his dominant arm is in a sling/wrap for at least the next six weeks. So I've been spending a lot of time at his apartment keeping him company and taking care of him. It could have been a lot worse, and I'm very thankful it wasn't. We're working with his college to get him a leave of absence so he won't have to lose everything he's done there this semester (because there's no way he can complete his art projects and other assignments), and his job is being extremely understanding. Then, to add to the mix, our car started acting up, so we took it to the shop today only to find out the vehicle we bought in March for 4200 is going to cost more than 1500 to fix. And we just put another 1200 in three months ago. So, it's not been a good week overall. :smile: I'm still in good spirits, but with all that's going on, it may be a while before I have much time to post or build or play more than what I do for stream or just unwinding my brain. In conclusion, I hope everyone else's week has gone better - and be careful on the roads!
  • Options
    @Wentcrazy Wow! Congrats on maxing yoga! Rose looks amazing. I love that she has an onlooker just like she would in real life although that baby would probably get right on the mat with her! hehe I always feel bittersweet when the parents max their careers and reach their goals...it means it's getting close to moving on to the next generation! Hahaha look at all those half eaten cakes! I'm sorry you didn't have Lia at your disposal to bake all the cakes for you! We've all been there though! I'm glad you finally got two ready for birthdays though. OH Samuel...Evil AND mean?! yeah he'd be tough! Especially if he wants to be friend of the world?! haha I don't blame you. Henry is cute though. The girl he brought home is pretty cute. Maybe there's hope for him. hehe Helena is scoping all her siblings out! She's determined to get the creator's nod! I always have found my evil sims tend to be quite nice...especially to family. It's the outside world that has to watch out! haha that picture of Rose standing behind her coworker is great. The coworker does look so annoyed and Rose looks so pleased...you can maybe see where Samuel gets those traits from?? hehe I can't believe how muscular she is! Aww poor Rose not excited about her alien contact and then having to age up. Grrr! Good to see she won't let age get the best of her! You go Rose!! haha looks like the boys were not a big fan of the woohoo talk! So funny. That talk never goes well in this game! Wow that girl is super cute! I love how she hit it off so well with Samuel! Oooo this really is such a hard choice! So many great kids. I know I voted for Emilia but there's something to say about fixing Henry up with Thalia! I'm so excited I'm about to start Lachlan's life with her!!

@JordanNicoleJJ I think it's a bug that they forget people so fast but I'm not 100% sure. Could it just be there are a lot of sims in the game now and he meets a lot of people? Maybe but family should get priority. Especially family that are involved with his actual children! Carlton is Hailey and Ridge's son! He's married to Violet now so I can keep my Willow Creek legacy going from a distance :D It's kinda fun picking heirs and mates for sims I'm not actually playing.

@Heckstress17 You have so much going on right now! I'm glad you made it in for comments at least! I'm working on finishing Lachlan's house now that he's in it. I've been going back and forth between your house tour and @JordanNicoleJJ 's house tour. Picking pieces from each to make me think of your houses but then you know throwing my own flair in there too! OMG you reminded me that our birthdays are coming up amidst all the holiday stuff! It's a big one for me this year! I had such high hopes for my 2020 birthday year too! Well we all know how that turned out. Maybe 2030 with be a better year? Man I'm not in a hurry for that milestone though!!!

@IllusoryThrall I'm so sorry to hear about your son's accident but also so relieved to know he will be OK. I'm sorry you both have to navigate this with the school though. I'm sending you good thoughts and hoping for a speedy recovery!
  • Options
    @wentcrazy - I had a feeling Rose would max her yoga skill, she is totally in her element on the mat. It's always such a huge accomplishment when parents maxed their careers with that many kiddos! I can totally see Henry as a professor with his glasses, he makes me think of a cool young hip teacher. Wow Samuel definitely got a doozy with his traits maybe he will find his one true evil love someday. Rose is so ripped I didn't the yoga mat gave those kind of muscles. Ohhh I like the look of the pink hair girl that Samuel brought home. I have to say I love Helena, and her side eye lol. But Henry is my favorite between him and Emilia ♥ hope that helps!

@IllusoryThrall - Oh my god what a week you and your family have had. I am so glad to hear your son is doing ok, I hope his arm gets better. Will he be doing physical therapy once the doc gives the go ahead? Fingers crossed that the college lets his take a leave of abense. Also hoping your car troubles can get sorted, thats never a fun thing to go through.
  • Options
    Hmmm I was going to log in tonight and play but I see that the patch which fixed SO MANY of the issues that have been driving me nuts (not all though but still) is causing some crashes. I'm going to wait until they sort this out before I log in. I don't want to risk anything. Lachlan is just about to start his life and I love him!! hehe
  • Options
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 3

It's been awhile since I've posted an update, so I don't blame ya'll if you completely forgot about my family, hell I kinda forgot what was going on myself :sweat_smile: Anyway! I'm still on gen 3 (technically), and my gen 3 heir Storm recently completed not one but two aspiration - Renaissance Sim and Master Chef - and started on a third, Bodybuilder. All he had to do was go to the gym once and jog around the neighborhood a bit lol. To be fair, jogging for several hours in the middle of winter wasn't an easy task :tongue:
    1.png

Woo! Third aspiration complete! :lol:
    2.png

He had already maxed the parenting skill, so I figured why not have him go for Super Parent next. Sure enough he had already finished most of that aspiration without having to do anything too lol. All he needed to work on was discipline & character values.
    3.png

Aspiration aside, Storm really is a great parent. He decided it was time to start teaching Cleo about fabrication, the family skill, in case she's the next heir (which she most likely will be). Let's just say...she didn't take to it as well as he did when he was younger :sweat_smile:
    4.png

"I told you not to hit that button! The fabricator doesn't like it when you hit that button!"
    5.png

Cleo's not very enthused about her new "hobby," if you couldn't tell :lol:
    6.png

After the fabricator debacle and grinding their aspirations/careers/skills/etc. for as long as I can remember oops, I thought the family needed a good winter vacation to wind down :wink: They rented a beautiful vacation home on Mt. Komorebi for the weekend.
    7.png

Cleo was not impressed. "Being trapped with your parents and dorky kid brother for a weekend on a freezing mountain? That's NOT my idea of a vacation."
    8.png

Apparently the sun sets super early in this world?? Like 5-6pm?? I just let them chill in the rental house for the evening, as I didn't think I'd get very good screenshots if I sent them out. Storm made some delicious dumplings with the groceries provided by the rental agency, Thalia got a warm fire going, and Thad read a bunch of Mt. Komorebi guide books he picked up in the airport.
    9.png

Cleo holed up in the dining room next to the space heater and complained about the "horrible trap vacation" in her journal. Honestly, I'm proud of her. It's better than having an evil meltdown and yelling at everyone in sight :lol:
    10.png

All in all the start of the trip wasn't very exciting, but I did get a couple of nice night-time screenshots of the neighborhood :smirk:
    11.png

12.png

Official day one, the family woke up bright and early, put on their snow clothes, and hit the slopes -- literally just outside their front door!
    13.png

Thalia checked the information board while Storm took the kids to rent skis and snowboards. The weather was fair, the snow was great, and there was even going to be a festival later that day! Perfect timing!
    14.png

Although watching tourist after tourist completely wipe out on the beginner slope definitely psyched them out a bit. @OJenn Sage isn't the best skier, but hey, at least she tried :sweat_smile:
    15.png

Future heir Cleo was a ball of nerves as she pushed off the top of the beginner slope.
    16.png

This can't be good... :grimace:
    17.png

Somehow it got worse :flushed:
    18.png

I give her a 5/10 -- absolutely horrible skiing, but half points for being entertaining :lol:
    19.png

Storm did a little bit better, but not by much. I quickly learned that skiing and snowboarding are brand new skills, so despite being a fitness god, he's a total n00b snowboarder :lol:
    20.png

He definitely didn't stick the landing. 2/10 because equally horrible but less entertaining than Cleo.
    21.png

Meanwhile, Thalia absolutely killed it. She caught air and everything!
    22.png

She's a skiing pro :sunglasses: (Not really, but at least she stuck the landing lol)
    23.png

Meanwhile, sweet Thad was off doing his own thing, buying simmi capsules from a vending machine :lol:
    24.png

He stopped to take a selfie with a fancy statue by the bunny slopes. This kid is such a tourist lol.
    25.png

He finally got on the "slopes" -- the bunny slope, that is -- and gave sledding a try.
    26.png

He loved it! It was the perfect snowy activity for my indoorsy, nerdy boy :blush:
    27.png

Cleo was not happy after her big wipe-out. All she wanted was a hot coffee and to nurse her wounds, but the vending machine had the audacity to pick a fight with her...
    28.png

I know "death by vending machine" is a new death type that came with this pack, so believe me, I was TERRIFIED I was going to lose my heir over a vending machine coffee.
    30.png

Thankfully, she survived, won the fight, and got her coffee. Whew. Even better, the Snow Festival was getting underway!
    31.png

A big icy space ship popped up out of nowhere. Thad didn't even question it, he just got right to playing lol.
    32.png

A hot food stall opened, and Storm and Thalia were starving after a long day of stretching muscles they didn't even know they had. Plus, you know chef Storm can't pass up an opportunity to try new food!
    33.png

They decided to try a famous local dish -- squid something? Thalia scarfed hers down before I could even get a good pic :lol: Whatever it was, it must've been good.
    34.png

There weren't really any "activities" to do at the festival, but it was the SNOW festival, so I had them just enjoy some fun in the snow. Thankfully the bug that wouldn't let my sims play in the snow seems to be fixed (or at least isn't a problem in this world)!
    37.png

I noticed a blonde cutie giving Thad a look... :smirk:
    35.png

So Thad threw her a look right back. What a little ladies' man :sunglasses:
    38.png

Romance must've been in the air, because as the sun began to set (again, super early, like 5pm!) Storm and Thalia were all over each other :love:
    39.png

And that's when I noticed these massive ice sculptures all over the neighborhood!! So cool!
    40.png

And apparently they light up after dark and get even MORE cool!! :smiley: Also, plz excuse Thalia aggressively loving on Storm in front of the bathrooms. You can't help when the moment strikes, okay :lol:
    41.png

More importantly, Cleo met an actual, real life teenager who didn't immediately hate her! She had blue hair and also loved the color purple. I'm convinced that they were meant to be bffs. She even invited Cleo to a new years party at a bar near her home!
    42.png

Cleo BEGGED Thalia to let her go, and the begging actually worked for once! But only if the whole family came along, including the local girl's grandparents. It was a compromise Cleo was willing to make.
    43.png

They hopped on the train and eventually found the bar they were supposed to meet at. Cleo snapped a selfie for her simstagram of course, teens will be teens.
    44.png

Cleo and the blue-haired girl (if you couldn't tell, I totally missed her name lol) ended up playing cards in a little side room while they waited for the tvs to start showing the countdown to midnight. Thad jumped in on the action, and I'm pretty sure he ended up winning the game too :lol: Cleo refused to let it ruin her evening, she was determined to make this cool foreign girl her new bff.
    45.png

Storm, Thalia, and the girl's grandparents hung out at the bar until the countdown started. The flirting never stopped -- these two acted like lovesick teenagers all night!
    46.png

Finally it was time for the countdown, and everyone crowded into the little side room to watch. It ended up being a lot more exciting than they thought it'd be -- the bar filled up quickly, and everyone went all out with celebrating new years!
    47.png

48.png

Back at the rental house, Thalia kept putting the moves on Storm. Sometimes I forget she's a romantic sim, then she goes crazy like this and reminds me why they hooked up in a dumpster outside a gym the first time they met :lol:
    49.png

Don't worry, I definitely made her take her birth control just in case :tongue:
    50.png

51.png

The next morning, Storm and Thalia set out to do a mountain climbing excursion. They bought a ton of camping supplies and special climbing gear, determined to make it to the top of Mt. Komorebi.
    52.png

Buuuut they took one look at the first rock wall and realized they definitely didn't have the climbing skill to start the excursion, let alone complete it :confused:
    53.png

I was so upset that they couldn't climb the mountain, but I made the best of the situation and had them pick up the kids and go hiking through the older, more traditional part of town instead.
    54.png

They started in the bamboo forest. I've gotta say -- this world is so cool! The scenery is amazing, and the new hiking options are even better. Sims can actually hike together now, like they'll walk side by side and talk to each other and occasionally stop to take pics! Sooo much more realistic. A+, Sims team!
    55.png

They came across these strange floating spirits (?) further into the forest. Cleo being the evil sim she is, I had her capture one just to see what it did...
    56.png

...and she immediately got attacked by some crazy electrocuting worm things and chased out of the forest!! :joy: It's funny in hindsight, but I was once again utterly terrified I was going to lose my future heir to an accidental death :astonished:
    57.png

Needless to say, they moved onto a potentially safer trail after that :grimace:"The guide book says there aren't any vindictive spirits in the graveyard. Let's go there!" :lol:
    58.png

I never got over the fact that the sun set so quickly. I wonder if it's a seasonal thing (like it sets earlier in the winter?) or if it's just this world in general. Anyway, please excuse the darker dusk-night time pics you're about to be spammed with. The hike was too cool and pretty to not take a million pics lol.
    59.png

They stopped at this fancy bridge spanning the river at the edge of the mountains.
    60.png

They also stopped at the temple and took tons of selfies.
    61.png

62.png

Next up was the graveyard. If I wasn't 100% sure Thalia wasn't pregnant (thanks MCCC lol), I would've been worried she was having some wild pregnancy hormone mood swings, cause she immediately burst into tears. Meanwhile, Thad was still being the ultimate tourist, taking pics of literally every place of interest.
    63.png

All in all, it was a great hike and the perfect family bonding experience. They all got a "unity in hiking" sentiment, so cute :blush:
    64.png

But before they left -- Thad had one more thing he wanted to do. He went back into the bamboo forest and found the nature spirits.
    65.png

He "made a wish," which he must've read something about in the guide book because he did this adorable proper little bow :blush:
    66.png

And he got another simmi capsule! Also Mayor Whiskers is my fav, so this made not being about to do the mountain climbing excursion worth it.
    67.png

68.png

The trip wasn't over quite yet -- they still had one more thing to do before they left. Well, they had a bunch of things to do because apparently a 3-day vacation is not nearly enough time to explore all of this world, but most importantly it was Thalia's birthday! Storm made a fancy new cake for the special occasion (I think it came with the new pack?).
    70.png

And here she is in all of her adult glory! I gave her a quick make-over then promptly uploaded the fam to the gallery, so ya'll can put the kids in your game if you want :blush:
    72.png

Short outfit tour of some of my fav outfits. I wanted to give her a more mature look, but keep her athletic style. I especially looove that new jacket she's wearing in the last outfit!
    74.png

The cake was a hit! I wish I remembered what it was called...matcha cake maybe? It looks gross to me, but they loved it and that's all that matters lol. Next time I post an update, we'll be back in Evergreen Harbor and hopefully have lots of birthdays because I'm so ready to move onto gen 4! But I'm also kinda torn because I really want Storm and Thalia to do the mountain excursion before I move on...so there may be one more vacation in store for this fam :lol:
    73.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @JordanNicoleJJ - I am soooo jealous you got the new pack! But wow what a beautiful world, I am in love with all that snow (especially since I've been stuck in a place without it for 3 years now). There seems to be so much culture in the new world and I really loved the little bow Thaddeus did omg! I have to say Thalia looks good at any age what a queen, love her!

So in my hour-ish morning spurts I have been able to play enough for an update. Spoiler alert it filled with birthdays lol. Unfortunately, my save started out with bad news, I knew it was coming since Jordan's momma Evie had passed away recently. But who is every really ready?
    12470647a2.png

Poor Jade did not take it well and was immediately worried about her mom and twin brother.
    68d0724820.jpg

But before she could go and check on them she got a surprise visitor
    2e7dde400f.jpg

Jade ran out to see her and in all the commotion aged up to an adult, oops!
    ffd9a55a5a.jpg

Despite just having a baby she apparently wanted more. Not today Jade you have three kids now and I can't deal :lol:
    072e2fb69e.png

Speaking of her baby she aged up to a toddler! She was named similarly to her grandpa
    5949142b5a.png

A very sad baby who didn't really get to spend time with her grandpa.
    dbd5ce4e92.jpg

Actually there are a lot of sad faces in the house, poor Gideon misses his papa
    190082e291.jpg

His Uncle Jonah comes over often to hang with him and even helped to cheer him up
    1629a6e869.jpg

Meanwhile big sister Iris has been keeping Hayden busy and telling her stories about her grandpa
    262a7a8d6a.jpg

And Jordan? Well he turned his grief into skilling and reached level 10 in Gourment Cooking and Cooking.
    c78e06eb07.jpg

Momma Iris reached out to Jade, they were well overdue for some time together especially since Aiyden died.
    0ff11be70f.png

6f5c9eb2b5.jpg

e1a9b5c2b3.jpg

And I was reminded just how beautiful Windenburg is
    7926986d86.jpg

Back at home it was Iris' birthday
    56c93bb6ce.jpg

As if she was getting home sick, she lived with her vampire mom in the city, she rolled the City Native aspiration. I will probably have her move into the apartment her mom had ♥
    e3c1e8e1e4.png

Remember how I said this was the update of birthdays? As you can see by the calendar there are a lot (I am also playing on short lifespan so I can try to catch up to @JordanNicoleJJ and @Heckstress17 lol)
    bcba8fb298.png

She reminds of her mom, RIP.
    f3790d7f37.jpg

Winterfest was the perfect way to celebrate all the birthdays
    5b43918a08.jpg

Gideon was very excited to decorate the tree, I love him and he is really winning me over for heir
    108648a006.jpg

But the tree fire sort of killed the festive mood
    fb7f4c9e92.jpg

Even Hayden was annoyed and she was in another room
    a105b693fb.jpg

Once the fires had died down Gideon aged up into a teen
    2afe1565ce.png

I was far from impressed, not sure where his eyebrows came from lol
    b23c45c009.jpg

Eventually in all the birthday/holiday commotion, I gave Jade and adult makeover. As you can see here Iris is reminding everyone that its New Years
    f40009dd8b.jpg

For some reason there were lingering Santa's during New years but Hayden didn't seem to mind
    614c79e5ff.jpg

She is a cutie and now I am torn on heir choice lol.
    b9c8146d56.jpg

152ac40fa7.jpg

So I am probably going to pick Hayden anyway but what do you guys think? Who got the better gentics mix?
    eabbb9acd2.jpg

c5e0aad1c9.jpg
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ a sinus infection sounds horrible! I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better!
    Yes, maxing the wellness skill gives them a longer life which is nice. Hopefully, that means both parents (Rose and Zeke) will meet their grandchildren <3
    I'm sure Thalia will max her career in your game soon :) I was surprised that both parents managed to do that in my game. But again, their kids had no social life for ages :D I really like Helena as well but she's not the best genetic mix to me, so she was out of running for heir. But I'm sure she and the redheaded boy will spend some proper time together! I make sure to get some pictures :D

Storm started a third aspiration? Oh wow! I'm glad when I get them to complete one aspiration without having to neglect the rest of the family :D And he even completed the third one!!
    Cleo really doesn't seem to be a natural when it comes to fabrication but she will learn. I have hope :)
    You have the new pack!! I'm so excited about that one and will probably buy it soon. I love the first pic <3 haha, Cleo's reaction though :D These pictures of the area look so good and I love their outfits! Their adventures when it comes to skiing and snowboarding :D:D And Thad being such a tourist sim :)
    Oh my, Thad "flirting" with that blonde girl. These looks :D That girl Cleo met is so cute. Let them be bffs, it's a sign!
    These pictures from that new world, so nice! Even that picture with the bridge is so nice. Thalia aged up nicely. Just from seeing her, I think she and Rose could be bffs. They both are athlectic and are rocking a more mature look now.

@Heckstress17 I loved it when Fawn showed up in front of their house! She left soon after but I just had to take a picture. I really enjoy it when some sims from other players show up in my game <3
    Haha, Samuel has amazing traits! I always wanted to play and evil, mean, romantic sim who wants to be friend of the world :D Maybe in later generations I would have given him a chance with these traits but for Gen3... sorry, no! I really love him with his girlfriend though and I can see the both of them being mean together and having the time of their lives XD You make a good point with Henry marrying Thalia! I love seeing her in all your updates and I think she would be a great fit for Henry.

@debjameswhite Thank you! Yes, I can totally see Rose doing yoga with her kids as babies or toddlers. She is such a laidback and cool (+ fit) mom. But yes, I would have loved to have Lia around for the cake baking! My household needed her skills! I really enjoyed Helena in this update with all the side-eyes :) She tried so hard only not to be chosen in the end :( But I'm sure she will have a wonderful life anyway :D But yes, Samuel... I mean Rose is still the daughter of Aiyden, so maybe they secretly passed some traits along and Samuel got all of them :D
    You might convince me to chose Henry, so that I can match him up with Thalia!! I really love her as a mate.

@OJenn It helps a lot! Henry is definitely the favorite so far.
    I had no idea sims could gain so many muscles from only doing yoga. I thought they would rather be slim but those abs... and she had five kids! I really ship Henry with that pink haired girl. I have to make sure to remember her name for the next update and introduce her properly :D

What a time to start your update :( Poor Jade, it hit her hard losing Aiyden. I'd say go for more kids :D I was able to handle 5 kids, you can do it as well :D:D Hayden is such a cutie! But it's so sad to see each sim that devastated. I loved that Jade and Iris spent some time together. Gideon's excitement for Winterfest is so cute. His eyebrows after aging up though xD
    The heir choice... I feel like both kids are a good mix. That's a tough one. In memory of Aiyden, I'm gonna say Hayden, simply based on the name cause I can't decide :D
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ - your pics from the new pack look enticing! I’m still a little undecided as to whether to add that pack to my list of stuff to eventually get so how have you enjoyed playing it? What are the good and bad points?

@OJenn - I’m going to vote for Hayden because a) the face she made with Father Winter behind her was hilarious and b), she has a more interesting look.

In regards to my game, I’m finally at the stage I can start comparing genetics. Jade and Xen ended up with their six children - identical twin girls again! - and they’ve just aged into toddlers. Obi-Wan is all his mother’s colouring in human form and his father in alien form. Leia is a good combination - her father’s skin and eyes, and mother’s hair in alien form; her mother’s skin and father’s hair and eyes in human form. Poe is all his father in alien form, and has his mother’s skin and eyes, and father’s hair as a human. Rey, like four of her siblings, has her father’s alien colouring, and in human form has her father’s skin and hair, and her mother’s eyes. Padme and Ahsoka have their father’s colouring in alien form, and in human form, their father’s skin and mother’s hair and eyes. Apart from five of them having the same alien colouring (I don’t know why Leia ended up with her mother’s hair colour!), in human form, they are all different (well, apart from the identical twins 😏). It makes it difficult to pick an heir based on genetics. Leia is a contender because of the different alien form, and the fact that she completed the social butterfly aspiration in 3 days! I’m still not sure how that happened but she is outgoing! On the other hand, if I go storywise, Ahsoka is named for the one character who technically left the ‘light’ side and therefore would be appropriate to become a smuggler.

In regards to this challenge, I’ve started drawing house plans 😆. I’m still planning on Brindleton Bay but I have to wait until I get that pack. Not sure who I’d pick for the founders yet either but I’m working on it!
  • Options
    Boy do I have some news! This week has been crazy...my boss's best friend tested positive for covid, then one of my friend's brothers tested positive for covid, so we've had indirect exposure and are just waiting it out to see if we have symptoms. We canceled D&D games at the game store and haven't had our personal home games for two weeks now, and we are staying in for Thanksgiving despite my family pressuring me to come see them. The one bright side of this situation is that I have more time to play sims!! It's definitely helping me cope with reality right now :sweat_smile: I hope everyone is doing okay, I know a lot of people are busy or just MIA right now, so I hope you guys are okay :heart: I'm gonna leave some comments before I jump in game today! I should have another update Sunday-ish :smile:

@Heckstress17 I'm sorry to hear Carter and Thalia's kids are all Carter clones, but I'm also not TOO mad because Carter is one hunk of a sim :love: I'm sure the kids will be adorable, even if they aren't very genetically diverse. WALL-E just stole my heart :heart: I can't wait to have him in my game, but at least servos are basically immortal so there's no big rush :lol:

@IllusoryThrall I hope your son is doing better & that he got his leave of absence from college! You'd think colleges would be more understanding in this day and age in general, students are going to have to take leave for covid too. My old college just shut down again, they were hoping to make it to Thanksgiving and have an in-person graduation, but they only made it to the beginning of November before they canceled all of those plans & (I think) switched to online-only. I hope your car problems have gotten better too, unforeseen emergencies like that are the worst. Don't worry about this challenge too much, we'll still be here whenever you do have the time & energy :smile:

@debjameswhite I never had an issue with the patch/new pack! I DID have an issue with the hotfix though. I ended up having to repair my game through origin & fiddle with my antivirus software settings to be able to launch the game after the hotfix. My antivirus software threw up a ransomware warning as soon as the hotfix finished, which I thought was weird... Anyway, it's working now, and that's all that matters!

@OJenn I'm so glad you posted an update! I've been wondering what your sim fam was up to. Man, no matter how many Aiydens & Irises pass away in this challenge, I'm never ready for it. I'm so glad Aiyden's back as a ghost though! It's nice getting ghostly visits from the founders from time to time. Oh no - no more babies for you, Jade! :lol: Poor sad kiddos. At least Jordan and big sis Iris were there to help cheer them up. Congrats to Jordan for maxing his cooking skills! Those pics of Windenburg were GORGEOUS! :love: What a perfect little outing. Woah lots of birthdays!! Teen Iris is so pretty! There was a tree fire?! I didn't know xmas trees could catch on fire! At least the kids still got their birthdays. Gideon looks MUCH better after his makeover :lol: That's such a hard choice... I say if you're more interested in playing Gideon, choose him! They're both gorgeous though and they both look like good mixes, so I won't be mad with either one becoming heir :smile:

@Wentcrazy You were right, Thalia finally maxed her career in-game. Apparently she would've maxed it the next in-game day but I sent them on a vacation so she didn't get her promotion until she went back to work after that :sweat_smile: Storm is just powering through aspirations! He's on his fourth now I think? Renaissance Sim, Master Chef, Bodybuilder, and now Super Parent. I think I'll stop at that cause any more just seems excessive lol. The new pack is awesome, I totally recommend getting it asap! I haven't had this much fun with a new pack since Seasons honestly. I love when packs give us more gameplay, and the snowboarding/skiing, rock climbing, hiking, and festivals are all so fun. I totally agree - Rose and Thalia would totally be active bffs! I did just upload my gen 3-4 fam to the gallery if you want to download them for your game :blush:

@MayaRose1138 The new pack is awesome, in my opinion! It seems like a really "full" pack compared to a lot of the others, there is SO much to do. It's at the top of my "must have" list alongside Seasons and Cats & Dogs. My favorite part is all of the new activities they added: snowboarding, skiing, sledding, rock climbing (important for the new "mountain climbing excursion" event that I haven't gotten to try yet), hiking (more like walking by tourist attractions than actual hiking, but I really like it), and three new festivals that aren't completely broken like the City Living festivals. I also like all of the CAS items (mostly the hairs, but the clothes are good too) and most of the build/buy items, though a lot of the new items are definitely cultural so they may not be everyone's favorite. The world is a good size too, though I always want bigger worlds so I can fit in more community lots :tongue: It also seems like a really stable pack, unlike Eco Living. The main features all work well (unlike the eco footprints which are STILL broken), and only a couple of small features appear to be bugged (taking shoes off in the house and wearing climbing gear, neither of which are game-breaking, just mildly annoying). Overall I'm really happy with it, I'd give it like a 4/5 star review (in comparison, Seasons and Cats & Dogs were 5/5 star packs for me).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top