Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    Update

I'm alive! Sorry, guys RL got the better of me but I've been keeping up with your posts and when my game wasn't crashing I've been playing.
    We left off with Willow getting married to Carson and moving into their new house and Birch aging up into a NB teen who wanted to become a famous author. I moved Birch in with their big sis so they could work on becoming famous together!

The three of them invite the family over to see the new house and Willow thinks it is a great time to let them know she's expecting!
    vkplXDy.png
    w5H8B5L.png
    wjZKVnR.png
    831oRI9.png

Carson could not be happier! Welcome, Rowan and Reed Lovell-Greene!
    PnlEgy3.png

Hickory came over and helped Birch set up the kids room and just in time cus Willow had something to tell Carson(he he).
    f2stZCo.png
    yQKBwWv.png

In fact their siblings were over a lot!
    7Gh59mZ.png
    nBp08wk.png

Rowan and Reed became todds and they welcomed their new sister: Rose Lovell-Greene!
    YEbCh2I.png
    PCmwLYn.png

Willow had already gained two levels of celebrity and Birch thought they needed to catch up now that they were a young adult!
    hUFvjJZ.png

Back in the original house things were getting cramped when both Cypress and Hickory got married, so Aiyden and Iris had decided to move in with Willow. Sadly, Aiyden passed before they could the day of Iris's elder birthday! Poor Iris was devastated; what a sucky birthday! She still went through with the move and worked on her grief by spending time with her grandbabies, including little Rose who was now a todd. (This pic is my favorite as they auto did this on their own and I got the cutest pic from it.)
    9Jn96bt.png
    28AM54x.png

Willow and Birch worked on their art, writing and fame and their hard work paid off with Willow getting an award and Birch getting two for their first two books ever published! (Talk about a great start towards becoming a world famous author!)
    cbVVykr.png
    Sicp5SB.png
    R9vVu3F.png
    VoZgS9b.png
    gIl4rPZ.png

Time was flying by, Rowan and Reed had their big boy birthdays! (Despite them looking so much alike they are not twins.)

Rowan Lovell-Greene
    7XkFNHR.png

Reed Lovell-Greene
    vne4NTP.png

In between the fame grind there was plenty of time to spend with family. (I have never had family visit as often as the Greene's do. :smiley: ).
    UWIyMNk.png
    v3OJ0Mx.png
    anPf7Cn.png
    nnLvHd4.png

Good thing family is around so much, it made telling them all about the next nooboo so much easier, lol.
    9JXoGJ7.png
    N4mQ68A.png

Welcome, Rue Lovell-Greene!
    rmo8q6X.png

More family pics cus I wasn't kidding about how often they came over!
    fLxI8qP.png
    831ROEI.png

Willow had done it! She reached the top of her career and became a world famous celebrity all before reaching her full adult birthday! (Thanks for those extra day kids, lol) :wink: Rose got to share her big girl birthday with her super famous mom.
    HgBtQqd.png
    XzSTsSf.png
    rVL4lmI.png

In between working on their writing and fame chasing Birch spent time with Iris and Willow started working on teaching Reed and Rose(the potential heirs) how to play piano and violin. Carson spent most of his time either working out or with the kids. There were also a lot of family visits and hugs going around. :smile:
    5836mh0.png
    5zfvGgr.png
    U07abSy.png
    7NUrjXw.png
    enUxikM.png
    3NzZeny.png

That last hug between Willow and Iris was an omen as later that night Iris finally joined Aiyden in rest. The kids found her and it was so heartbreaking to watch them cry.
    m6XhS26.png

Time does not stop for grief and little Rue was now a big girl.
    7F0knUX.png
    y2MFHXI.png

Birch also hit a milestone by become both a world famous author and celeb!
    0eeezU3.png

The entire family came over to celebrate with Birch and to remember Iris and here are all her other grandkids.

Hawthorne's kids:
    Heath Greene
    9qf3S2R.png

Hyacinth Greene
    ZMl2btY.png

Cypress's kids:
    Wilder Greene
    jcMDzvm.png

Wysteria Greene
    3GLNwlw.png

Hickory's kids:
    Yvett Greene
    4XlhxuX.png

Yarrow Greene
    jfvIPKu.png

Life moves on again with Carson maxing out both the wellness and fitness skills! (That is one fit middle aged man!) :blush:
    eCbWO5Z.png

Rowan and Reed were now teens and Birch decided it was time for them to move out and get married to their secret sweetheart. ( When did they form a relationship? I don't know. Why does he look so much like Carson? This I also do not know. Hit me with a whammy townie sims, lol).
    fkiLEPs.png
    IRNDMWT.png
    Hj6E0xu.png
    iwQvI3q.png
    DVo4KKe.png

To fill the gap of Uncle Birch both Willow and Carson spent even more time with the kids.
    gu3O7fy.png
    Ruxpb1b.png
    Yx82KHs.png
    G6TcwVG.png
    qysOGeH.png

Now there are three teens in the house with Rose's birthday! (She is sooooo pretty!).
    re0PAmI.png

Once the new patches stop my game from crashing I'm still torn on who is heir. I think Reed is the best genetic mix but Rose is so very pretty I don't want to see her go. I have looked at the mate pool and have a possible idea in mind but I have to work out the logistics first. I will update when I can and I guess we will see what comes. Hope everyone is doing well including those not posting recently like me. Stay safe and know you can always come here and we will be happy to see you. Hugs :smile:

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Great updates everyone <3<3<3

My 5 year old tested positive for covid-19 last Friday night. Now everyone in the house, including myself, are sick as well. I feel terrible, both physically and emotionally, but wanted to let you all know I'm enjoying the updates and will hopefully be back sometime soon :(
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ She maxed her career, which is great! It's kinda insane that Storm is on his fourth aspiration :-O Haha, just give that guy some rest =) He deserves that and he doesn't have to prove that he is capable of doing anything anymore. We all know he is amazing! =)
    I think I'm gonna get the new game pack in about two weeks as I have to quarantine again - gives me some proper time to explore a lot :D But it definitely sounds like something to enjoy and it brings a lot of extra stuff. I will definitely get your family from the gallery. Might be a bit weird to have 2 versions of Thalia in-game but they could be related in some way :D

@EMSimmer30 you're back! Congrats on the twins! It's so nice that their siblings came over that often. It's a sign that they're really close :) The twins aged up so differently and yet so alike. The picture with the three toddlers and Iris is so nice - it's quality time! Apparently, Willow and Birch also took some great steps for their careers which is awesome! I don't know why but I really enjoy the picture he is drawing. Another nooboo!! Now it's four kids :-) Congrats on reaching the top of Willow's career! Oh no :( It's so sad that the kids witnessed Iris's passing :(
    It's nice that you showed us all of Iris's other grandkids. It's the perfect way to honor her! A lot has happened in your game and now you have three teens, that's way more relaxing than having three toddlers at the same time :D Heir decision can be difficult - I know that :D But go with your gut in the end. Even if Reed might be the best genetic mix but you can't let go of Rose, chose her (not saying that because my heir was Rose as well :D). Sometimes it's right to follow your heart as well :)

@Heckstress17 Oh no, that's some sad and bad news :( I hope your 5 year old is alright so far! Must be a difficult and terrifying time at the same time. I hope it will be all over for you soon and all of you can enjoy life again! Sending you some positive thoughts <3<3
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    @Heckstress17 Oh no! I hope all of you get better soon. It must be super hard with a sick little. Lots of virtual hugs and cuddles to see you through.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Great updates everyone <3<3<3

My 5 year old tested positive for covid-19 last Friday night. Now everyone in the house, including myself, are sick as well. I feel terrible, both physically and emotionally, but wanted to let you all know I'm enjoying the updates and will hopefully be back sometime soon :(

I know this has to be so difficult for you and your family, you take your time getting back here. First and foremost is your health and the health of your family ♥ I hope everyone starts to feel better soon :cry:
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Wentcrazy Haha I thought I needed to reply to your update still and as I was I kept thinking I remember commenting on this already...then I thought I must have lost it or just never clicked to send it...but I checked one more time and there it was. Haha oh well.

@JordanNicoleJJ I just love Storm so much. All those aspirations...he's awesome! I love the picture of him standing behind Cleo trying to teach her about fabrication. I love his eyes. Poor Cleo...forced family fun. It's the best. Oh my gosh! That picture almost looks real! I'm so excited about this expansion even though I haven't bought it yet! I mean as cool as I think it looks...I remember those vacations that were not exciting to me as a kid. Now they're my dream vacations! I just want to gush about all the pictures. The nighttime ones are awesome! Oh my gosh the skiing pics are so fun! What ever Thad was doing looked so interesting. OH no! Death by vending machine?? Thank goodness Cleo was ok! I loved all the pictures and the story and then what a finish with the romance between Storm and Thalia still going strong! OH hooray! You found a teen in public! That's so rare!! Hooray! Look at them having such a great new years! OMG the hiking together! It's amazing! Hehe poor Cleo. Aww Thalia's birthday! She looks great :) This was an awesome update.

Oh your news is scary. I hope it stays far away from you! You're smart to stay home for Thanksgiving. I'm doing the same thing. My brother's wife just texted me that her best friend tested positive for covid too.

@OJenn Aww poor Jade what sad news. Oh how strange she got a ghostly visit so soon! And then she aged up poor girl! Awww poor Hayden. That makes me so sad. Look at that face! The kids are so sad but I love seeing Jonah coming over to cheer him up. Aww it was so nice to see Iris and Jade spending time together. It's so sweet. Wow look at all those birthdays! What happened to Iris's mom? Oh it's scary that the tree caught on fire but Hayden's face was precious. OH both of this kids look great. I love Hayden though. I love her face and her nose....but then I kinda want to see you have Thalia too...so it is hard. Honestly, I'm writing my comments so late you probably already made this decision!

@EMSimmer30 Oh it's good to see you! Glad to know you're doing well. I just have to say that pic of the 3 toddlers being read to was adorable. The update was great! Nice and long just like I like :disappointed:

@Heckstress17 Oh hon, I am so sorry to hear about your son! I hope you guys all get well soon! Please keep us updated. I'm sending you and your family so much love <3
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member

@MayaRose1138 The new pack is awesome, in my opinion! It seems like a really "full" pack compared to a lot of the others, there is SO much to do. It's at the top of my "must have" list alongside Seasons and Cats & Dogs. My favorite part is all of the new activities they added: snowboarding, skiing, sledding, rock climbing (important for the new "mountain climbing excursion" event that I haven't gotten to try yet), hiking (more like walking by tourist attractions than actual hiking, but I really like it), and three new festivals that aren't completely broken like the City Living festivals. I also like all of the CAS items (mostly the hairs, but the clothes are good too) and most of the build/buy items, though a lot of the new items are definitely cultural so they may not be everyone's favorite. The world is a good size too, though I always want bigger worlds so I can fit in more community lots :tongue: It also seems like a really stable pack, unlike Eco Living. The main features all work well (unlike the eco footprints which are STILL broken), and only a couple of small features appear to be bugged (taking shoes off in the house and wearing climbing gear, neither of which are game-breaking, just mildly annoying). Overall I'm really happy with it, I'd give it like a 4/5 star review (in comparison, Seasons and Cats & Dogs were 5/5 star packs for me).

That’s a very convincing review :). Cats & Dogs is next on my list to get but after seeing what you and other players are posting about it, I think I’ll put it next in line after that. I haven’t tried any festivals (haven’t got City Living) so I’m looking forward to trying that out. Thank you!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 3

It's bittersweet, but this will be the last update of gen 3! I played a LOT over the weekend, and I wanted to wrap up gen 3 in one post, so get ready 'cause it's a long one :grimace: Anyway, I'll start with this...the last sim of gen 2, Eden, has officially passed away :cry: It did remind me to upload Eden's daughter, granddaughters, and great-granddaughter to the gallery, so you can grab the whole family there :smile:
    1-2.png

In my last update, the Greenes went on vacation to Mount Komorebi. It was a fun vacay, but Storm and Thalia didn't get to do everything they wanted to do - in particular, the mountain climbing excursion. When they got back to Evergreen Harbor, they started hitting the gym to improve their rock climbing skills.
    2-2.png

Cleo was glad to be home, though she did miss her new friend, Kaori. Before she left Mount Komorebi, she and Kaori both decided to get jobs and save their simoleons so Kaori could come visit Evergreen Harbor during the spring holiday. Cleo got a job as a babysitter at a local daycare.
    3-2.png

And she was amazing at it! For being an evil sim, she's apparently great with kids lol.
    4-2.png

It wasn't long before spring with in full swing and Love Day rolled around. Little Thad made sure to give his mama a flower before running off to school :blush:
    5-2.png

Storm and Thalia took advantage of the kids being at school and went out on a breakfast date at Anavrin. Of course Storm "surprised" her with red roses :wink:
    6-2.png

Blaze's wife, Kate, was their waiter! I love seeing relatives out in the world, bless the NPCC mod lol.
    7-2.png

They planned their next trip to Mount Komorebi while they enjoyed their artisan coffee and spinach quiche. They decided they'd leave right after Thad's birthday party (which was later that night), and that they would invite their fellow fitness nuts, Aunt Cass and Uncle Kai (Bro Friend), to join them on the excursion!
    8-2.png

All in all, it was a great Love Day date :heart:
    10-2.png

11-2.png

After school, Cleo took Thad to the park to play, and she got a surprise visit from Kaori!
    12-2.png

Unfortunately it was Kaori's first time being away from home, and she was pretty homesick. Cleo did her best to cheer her up though :confused:
    13-2.png

...and Cleo gave her a Love Day flower, for good measure :smile: The two caught up (and flirted a bit!), but Kaori couldn't stay long; her grandparents wanted her back on the plane to Mount Komorebi that same night.
    14-2.png

Meanwhile, a VERY prego Raven waddled by!! I totally missed the notification (or just forgot lol). Dr. MCCC revealed she was expecting twin boys...I do not envy her lol. (Also Laurent totally had an affair behind her back. He has a daughter that looks EXACTLY like him :tongue: )
    15-2.png

That evening, most of the family stopped by the park to wish Thad a happy birthday. Cousins Nicole and Jason (Blaze and Kate's kids) were the first to arrive. Cleo and Thad aren't very close to their cousins, but it's the thought that counts lol.
    16-2.png

As the sun went down, Thad blew out the candles...
    17-2.png

Honestly, if I wasn't so excited to play a vampire, I totally would have chosen him for heir. I love his aspiration and traits, and he wants to pursue the family skill of fabrication!
    18-2.png

Plus just look at that face :love: Even with his teenage acne and awkward 'stache, I think he's a cutie. He got Thalia's eye shape with Storm's eye color, Storm's nose, Thalia's lips, and a mix of their face shape.
    19-2.png

Brief outfit tour - these are his everyday, party, and hot/cold weather outfits. I tried to pick "knitted"-looking shirts/sweaters, and the black/greys are to represent his gloomy trait.
    20-2.png

A couple of his "friends" aged up too (lol my sims don't have any friends this generation, who am I kidding). Dude in the skiwear is cousin Jason, and the girl is someone he met earlier that day at the park. Maybe he'll have better luck making friends when I'm not playing him :sweat_smile:
    21-2.png

That's all of the party pics I got, because Storm and Thalia needed to leave for Mount Komorebi! They started the excursion at the Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse, where they were supposed to make sure everyone had climbing gear and plenty of snacks...which Cass and Kai didn't, but whatever, we have a mountain to climb!
    22-2.png

This time, the first climb was a breeze :sunglasses:
    23-2.png

Once everyone reached the top, they could "move up the mountain." The second stage featured a small campground to rest at before crossing a precarious-looking rope bridge to get to the next climb.
    24-2.png

The mountain was definitely more snow-packed here, but these active sims trudged on with smiles on their faces!
    25-2.png

The second wall was taller and a bit slippery, but they made it up :smiley:
    26-2.png

As they moved onto the third stage, it was starting to get dark and really, really cold. They took one look at the EXTREMELY tall, ice-covered rock wall and decided to call off the climb; it just wasn't worth the risk. Conveniently, there was a bonfire nearby so they lit a fire and warmed up for a bit :blush:
    27-2.png

28-2.png

It was completely dark by the time they descended the mountain. They warmed up and relaxed their muscles in the onsen before heading home. Cass and Kai weren't mad that they called the climb off early, but Kai insisted on enjoying the hot spring completely nude, and that made things a bit awkward :sweat_smile:
    29-2.png

Thalia was in her usual flirty mood when they got home :smirk: I don't know what it is about middle age, but her romantic trait has really become her prominent trait since her birthday! She just can't get enough of Storm :tongue:
    32-2.png

Which led to an "oops." Honestly with as much as these two were going at it, I expected it to happen at some point. But that doesn't change the fact that we have NO room for another sim in this house :tired_face:
    33-2.png

Storm didn't take the news too well. He feels my pain.
    34-2.png

And Thalia didn't really appreciate his poor reaction :grimace:
    35-2.png

Storm did eventually come around to the idea of having another child. Summer brought sunshine & warm weather, a welcome change after all of the gloomy spring days they'd had, and seemed to lift everyone's spirits.
    36-2.png

Also, the last patch appears to have somewhat fixed eco footprints - Port Promise is officially "green" and doesn't immediately revert back to neutral after a few hours! :smiley: As such, I had to take some pics of gorgeous, green Port Promise...
    37-2.png

38-2.png

Thalia, on the other hand, was still pretty upset with Storm and had taken to "rage running" to avoid lashing out at him :grimace:
    39-2.png

She decided to announce her pregnancy to the kids while Storm was at work, to avoid any negative input from him. Reactions were...mixed, as you can see :grimace:
    40-2.png

It's like Thad knew he was about to become the forgotten middle child :confused: (I'm sorry, Thad...if I could have two heirs, I would :bawling: )
    41-2.png

Cleo, on the other hand, was thrilled for her mom! She even offered to move out of the house early, so the new baby could have her room :wink: (Nice try, Cleo, but you're not moving out 'til you're a YA :tongue: )
    42-2.png

By Thalia's third trimester, Storm realized he needed to make some kind of grand gesture to assure Thalia he really was excited about the new baby. He took her to Magnolia Park in Willow Creek with plans to spend the day together, just the two (well, three) of them.
    44-2.png

Oh, and he brought apology roses too, of course :blush:
    43-2.png

Thalia hadn't had any morning sickness the whole pregnancy, so she actually enjoyed being pushed on the swing!
    45-2.png

46-2.png

Storm showered her with extra love and affection all day, and it seemed to help. Then Storm got called into work... He promised he would leave immediately if she went into labor, then showered her with more hugs and kisses before she murdered him he had to run off to work.
    47-2.png

Feeling alone again (the pregnancy hormones were really getting to her this pregnancy, she was sad or embarrassed most of the time :confused: ), she treated herself to some cupcakes from a local food stall. It seemed to cheer her up a bit, at least.
    48-2.png

49-2.png

Then she found a quiet spot and people-watched while she waited for Storm to come pick her up.
    50-2.png

Sure enough, she did go into labor there, and Storm left work early to take her to the hospital, as promised. It's go time! :smiley:
    51-2.png

"Hi, I'm having a baby like right now. Can I get a room please?" :lol:
    52-2.png

Thalia's doctor was none other than Angela Pleasant, who did a fantastic job. Pretty sure she has an art degree, not a medical degree, but we'll overlook that since usually the docs are, well, dead :sweat_smile:
    53-2.png

Thalia gave birth to a bouncing baby boy! Everyone, meet Augustus Greene.
    54-2.png

Cleo ran up to meet her new (screaming) sibling as soon as they got home from the hospital.
    55-2.png

Super creepy face, but okay, Cleo. Whatever makes it stop screaming :lol:
    56-2.png

Thalia had a talk with Thaddeus, who still wasn't happy about the new addition to the family. She assured him he wouldn't be "forgotten," and Augustus needed his big brother to watch out for him since Cleo wouldn't be around much longer.
    57-2.png

Thad cheered up a bit after their talk, and even went so far as to change the little guy's diaper. What a helpful, good sim :bawling:
    58-2.png

The excitement of the new baby was quickly overshadowed by a surprise call from long-distance best friend-slash-girl crush Kaori!! Cleo had the simoleons saved up to travel, so they made plans to meet at a club in Windenburg.
    59-1.png

The club was surprisingly busy for afternoon-early evening, and Cleo and Kaori jumped right in and started dancing like the awkward teens they are lol
    60-1.png

Then the flirting started, and Jordan Porter got caught in the middle somehow and was super grossed out :lol:
    61-1.png

They had their first kiss right then & there on the dance floor :love: (Also plz excuse the vampire mist in the background...the well-known and forever-loved Pablita was harassing poor innocent locals :lol: )
    63-1.png

In my attempt to save Jordan from death by embarrassment, they found a more secluded spot to continue the kissing :wink:
    64-1.png

65-1.png

By the time Cleo got back from her trip to Windenburg, it was time for little Auggie to age up! (She was at her babysitting job while he was aging up or she would've been in this pic too :tongue: )
    66-1.png

He aged up with the Silly trait, which is fitting as I peaked at his young adult self and he's a complete Storm clone lol. Definitely not going to be considered for heir, which means...
    68-1.png

My official gen 4 heir can age up & I can move on to gen 4!! :smiley: When Cleo got home from work, Storm performed the traditional passing-down-of-the-knitted-baby-onesies that always takes forever :tongue:
    Cleo: "A gift, for me?? You shouldn't have!"
    Storm: "Please, take all of these baby onesies I've been carrying around my whole life! I'm done having kids, no more!"
    69-1.png

Annnd here she is post-blowing out the candles! I think she looks even more like Thalia now, like she got Thalia's cute chin dimple :smiley: I love her so much. And I'm seriously so excited to move on to gen 4, like you have no idea :lol:
    70-1.png

Cleo aged up with three positive character values, which is all Storm needed to finish his fourth (and final) aspiration. He's officially a Super Parent!
    71-1.png

Cleo couldn't wait to move out on her own (she already found a cheap, cute-ish apartment), so they said their goodbyes then. Goodbye, gen 3, we'll see you around town! In the next update, we'll jump into gen 4 with Cleo's YA makeover, apartment tour, and a whooole lot of drama cause I've definitely played ahead quite a bit :sweat_smile:
    72-1.png

I'll be back for comments soon :smile:
    @EMSimmer30 I'm glad you posted, a missed your family! I'm glad to see they're all doing well :smile: Twins! And already pregnant again! So exciting!! Rowan looks so sweet, while Reed has some devious, super-villain-looking eyebrows :lol: Awww I adore the pic of Grandma Iris reading to the tods :heart: And little Rose is so cute, but again with the mischievous eyebrows lol. Congrats to Birch on their awards - that's impressive! The twins really do look identical as kids, but if you look close you notice the subtle differences. I can't wait to see them as teens 'cause that's when the genetics really show themselves. Awwww I think Rue is my fav so far. I also just really love her name :heart: Wow, go Willow for maxing her career and celeb status so quickly! Rose definitely takes after her dad, I think. At least her face shape looks like it to me. I love all the family bonding pics. It's a big family, so I'm glad they all get to hang out a lot and catch up with each others' lives. Oh no...not Iris :bawling: I will never not get sad seeing Aiyden or Iris pass away...they're such great sims :heartbreak: Rue is so cute! She looks like she takes more after her mama in appearance. Congrats to Birch on becoming a celeb author! You're really rocking all of the aspirations this gen! Carson looks good for his age :sunglasses: Aw I'm sad to see Birch go, but they deserve all the love and happiness from their secret relationship lol! Oh man, Rose is gorgeous!! I think she's a good genetic mix, I won't be mad at all if you choose her for heir :wink: But Reed's good too, either way I'll be happy. I'm excited to see who you pick as your gene pool mate too!

@Heckstress17 I hope you and your family are feeling better :heart: Covid is so scary, I can totally see how it would be emotionally just terrible on top of the physical stress and pain. Take care of yourself & your fam, we'll still be here when you feel better! And I'll keep posting updates in case you need a distraction :wink:

@Wentcrazy I want everyone's gen 4 kids in my game, but I agree it'd be a little weird to have multiple Thalia's in the world :lol: I'm already a little weirded out because one of Eden's descendants married one of @Heckstress17 's sims which also came from Aiyden & Iris, which just feels a little bit wrong :sweat_smile: I'm trying to convince myself they're "distant enough" cousins but it's still weird :lol: Just make the Thalia's "sisters" (twins) in CAS and re-name one - that'll solve the problem :wink:

@debjameswhite I'm glad you enjoyed my update! I'm glad to hear you're staying in for Thanksgiving too, it's tough being away from friends & family during the holidays, but it's the safest thing to do right now. My bf decided he's going to work Thanksgiving for the extra holiday pay, so I get a whole day home alone, playing sims! I'm actually really excited! :lol:
    @JordanNicoleJJ - You know I love a good long post so I am ready! I am glad you got to play this weekend, I am hoping to get some playtime during the holiday ♥ but my mood has been up and down alot with seasonal depression.

Little Thad is such a sweetheart, I love him. I had no idea child sims could give flowers (where have I been?) And how cute is a breakfast date! Thalia and Storm are so great together. Ahhhh I love that Raven is preggers, she is absolutely glowing. Happy birthday Thad :) you styled him perfectly for that awkward teen vibe I love it.

I was totally not expecting a nooboo but hey at least we know the little one will be good looking ;) Aww I love the name Augustus so much. OMG I really love Cleo and Kaori together ♥ What a great birthday too Cleo does look great and congrats to Storm on being the super parent we all knew he was :lol:
    @JordanNicoleJJ I read your review of the new pack to @MayaRose1138 and it was great. I'm really looking forward to getting the pack. Honestly not sure why I haven't just done it yet! Your update was an even better review :) I love that Thalia and Storm came home and hit the gym so they could go on a rock climbing excursion. I love that the rock climbing wall is so much more relevant now! I'm not surprised at all that Cleo would be good with children. Even evil sims have to love something! hehe The love day date was amazing. I love how you narrated it. Such a good story. How exciting that Cleo's friend randomly showed up at the park! It's fun to see her and Cleo's relationship. OMG Thad! What a cutie! I love him. Potential genepool material right there! And then the mountain! That picture is amazing! I love the pics of them starting the excursion. It's so funny when I loaded this page it went right to the picture of Thalia being pregnant and I was like OMG WUT? hehe Love an oops baby! Hate the dad's always having such a negative reaction though...like they had no part. So glad to hear they fixed some of what was wrong with the eco footprint, those pictures are great too. The look on the kids faces was great. Poor Thad. Forgotten middle child. So sorry. It's a good thing Storm finally made it up to Thalia (I keep wanting to call her Lauren with her new haircut. Reminds me so much of my willow creek founder :) ). She deserves to be treated like a queen! I love the make-up red roses! I'm going to remember that for Lachlan. Congrats on another little boy. I'm happy for you it was a single birth :) I love the names you picked this generation. I'm happy too to see Cleo got to see her friend again. Jordan Porter was so funny. EEEE! I'm super excited for you to start the next generation. I can't wait to see how you play it out!
    This is slightly off topic but I want to know if anyone has any tips on how to get the game back to normal after replacing MCCC each update? So far I’ve found that the calendar changes (my game was on a Thursday in the middle of Winterfest then moved to Monday) and it changes the ages of my sims (normal lifespan but I’ve extended the days for YA, A and Elders). My founders Elianne and Paka’a aged into elder a good ten days before they should have, and Jade’s older brother’s wife did also. After fixing all the settings, it took three or four restarts before the calendar got back to normal this time but I still couldn’t stop those birthdays, and it was now 11pm on Winterfest and too late for Father Winter to arrive. Can I get my founders back to the age they are supposed to be and are there any tips on how to prevent this from happening each time?

On the plus side, with the sale currently on, I’m thinking of getting the next set of packs in a bundle. I’m planning on Cats & Dogs plus the related stuff pack, but which should I get out of Realm of Magic and Outdoor Retreat? Has anyone got a preferred pack out of those two and why?
    Just popping in real quick to answer @MayaRose1138 's question - keep all of your MCCC files in one folder inside your mods folder, and when you go to update it, delete everything EXCEPT your " mc_settings.cfg " file. That's what remembers your settings like custom life span. Unless a specific setting has gotten a major overhaul (like say the modder changes custom lifespans specifically), it will update without adjusting your settings :smile:

@OJenn & @debjameswhite Thanks for your kind comments! I should have my first Gen 4 update up on Sunday or Monday :smiley:
    Just popping in real quick to answer @MayaRose1138 's question - keep all of your MCCC files in one folder inside your mods folder, and when you go to update it, delete everything EXCEPT your " mc_settings.cfg " file. That's what remembers your settings like custom life span. Unless a specific setting has gotten a major overhaul (like say the modder changes custom lifespans specifically), it will update without adjusting your settings :smile:

@OJenn & @debjameswhite Thanks for your kind comments! I should have my first Gen 4 update up on Sunday or Monday :smiley:

Well, that explains what happened - I’ve just removed the whole folder 😒. Okay... don’t do that anymore, just delete all files except the settings one. I might have to flag my founders as not aging for a little bit so that I don’t lose them too soon. I had everything planned out regarding the ages and wanted them to have the chance to be great-grandparents!

Thank you!!
    Since my game is being annoying by freezing but not freezing (time stands still but my sims move in place and I can’t click on anything), I’ve been doing some creating. I’ve done the unfurnished home for Tails End (I do not have a talent for this!) plus I’ve created what I would like to submit as the founding couple for Brindleton Bay (or other towns). I’ve uploaded it to the Gallery under MayaRose1138, and it should be titled Johanssen. Naoko Johanssen is a Japanese-Swedish female who wants to be a vet, and Finnian O’Reilly is her bodybuilding husband who likes dogs. If anyone in charge would like to find the couple and tell me whether that is acceptable, you can link it to the main page. If it’s not, oh well, I had fun 😆.

I’m excited to say that I have finally finished decorating Lachlan’s house! This house was built by @JordanNicoleJJ (thank you very much) and HEAVILY influenced by how both she and @heckstress17 decorated their homes. I want to say it’s a lot harder to copy than to just do it yourself. It was fun and different though to try and combine what they each done and also put a little of myself in there.

This is the first picture I showed a couple of months ago when I had0 started getting ready for Lachlan to leave home.
    mjpV7xJ.png

Here is the kitchen
    BuCv5qu.png

The foyer
    ZzZAyt6.png
    qgi7ZcG.png

On the first floor there is a toddler room. This room decorated for a boy means when Lachlan finds the love of his life and they have their first child, it will be a girl.
    epEwVKs.png

The second bedroom downstairs is for Lachlan’s new roommate. Turns out the cousin he met a few times is also starting at Foxbury this semester. Having a roommate and inheriting his family trust is how he can afford to live in such a nice house at such a young age!
    9xEdYWR.png

In this new house he doesn’t need a shed to get away. The entire house is his! He has his workout gear and robotics equipment in the garage.
    wvrCtWG.png

In the basement he had a top of the line growing room installed. He’ll be able to grow year round. He’s not as interested in the fruits and vegetables his father was interested in and he certainly wasn’t into flower arranging like his grandmother, but he loved the genetics and was excited to start trying to breed his own hybrids.
    wZ5tbzi.png

Upstairs he was excited to have his own room that was bigger than a shoe box. Growing up in shipping containers had grown old. He wanted to be ecofriendly, but he had his limits. He was happy his father gave him his 4th Great Grandfather’s old chair. He was super excited to learn it was still in the family had been in storage all these years. He gave it a place of honor in his master suite.
    HKYHa29.png

uqQNrW8.png

He also had his very own bathroom!
    jsaViie.png
    5ywswRF.png

There were also quite a few outdoor spaces and Lachlan felt lucky he was able to get family pieces to decorate these as well. There was a story about these two lounges he inherited from his grandmother and grandfather…Heath and Lia.
    F6UZqNp.png

I don’t have high hopes for this TV but I wanted to try putting one here. I’m hoping that the cover will keep it from breaking down. We’ll see. Lachlan really wanted to try the bubble machine. None of my sims have ever really used these before.
    PBsgefE.png

Some good parties are promised in this picture!
    hqKXEfS.png

His master suite balcony was private and had only one item.
    NtpcJzN.png

There is also a little nook that Lachlan has set up as his office. His family portraits are there as well as some heirlooms painted by the various members of his family. Sawyer has been pressuring Lachlan to find someone to paint his portrait. Sawyer never picked up the skill and either had Lachlan or any of his sisters. He was a bit depressed that it would have to be someone outside the family and so he put it off.
    w7x6vQ6.png
    D2F0bx8.png

His little Luna made the move with him as well.
    YD029a0.png
    VaqNMvx.png

Finally his cousin David arrived as well.
    fkKGd7k.png
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 4

We're officially on gen 4, guys!! I am so excited for this gen :smiley: Without further ado, let me properly introduce my gen 4 heir, Cleo Greene. This interesting sim got even more interesting as she became a dog lover and decided to pursue a career in marine biology as a YA. Maybe our evil vamp hates people, but loves animals and nature? Sure, let's go with that :sweat_smile:
    0.png

She looks even more like Thalia as a YA, but I can also see a lot of Storm (well, Storm's mom Suri) in her. omg I just love her :love:
    1-3.png

She has a lot of outfits, but here are a few ~
    2-3.png

With Port Promise officially all cleaned up & very eco-friendly, it's time to move on and fix up another neighborhood. Conifer Station, here we come!
    3-3.png

Cleo found an apartment in the center of the city. It's nothing to brag about, but it's home.
    4-3.png

And I have a (short) apartment tour! The living room is cramped but just big enough for her fabricated couch, living chair, and floor lamp, as well as a small entertainment center for her books, music, and tv (the Tiny Living stuff pack is truly a lifesaver lol).
    5-3.png

The kitchen isn't the nicest, but Cleo decorated it as best she could. A lot of her decor takes inspiration from Mount Komorebi, her fav vacation spot (mostly because of a certain special someone :wink: )
    6-3.png

Just another view of the kitchen/living room/entry way...
    7-3.png

And last but certainly not least, Cleo's bedroom. I love the dark colors for her, and purple has always been her color (I'm sure the landlord won't mind too much lol). I didn't decorate the second bedroom yet, and the bathroom is too small to get a pic of, sorry :grimace:
    8-3.png

9-3.png

I'll end this very short update with this...Cleo met her cute next-door-neighbor while moving her stuff in...and he may or may not be a gene pool mate :smirk:
    11-3.png
    edited November 2020
    @debjameswhite I looove the way you decorated the house!! :smiley: It's seriously so good. I love the minty green color you used in the living room. LOL I feel the same way about decorating toddler rooms, if I decorate it for a boy I always get a girl and vice versa :lol: Hopefully you'll get a boy so you don't have to re-decorate so soon! Lachlan's roommate's room is so fancy! No wonder they could afford such a nice house, he clearly comes from money. The outdoor spaces look amazing too, I can't wait to see all the parties you throw there! Luna came too, yay! What a fun household. I can't wait for your next update!!

@MayaRose1138 I'm sure you have more building talent than you give yourself credit for! I can't wait to see your house. I'll be sure to check out your founder couple next time I'm in-game, but @OJenn is the person who adds things to the front page :smile:
  • Koal96Koal96 Posts: 16 New Member
    Soo cool!
    @debjameswhite I looove the way you decorated the house!! :smiley: It's seriously so good. I love the minty green color you used in the living room. LOL I feel the same way about decorating toddler rooms, if I decorate it for a boy I always get a girl and vice versa :lol: Hopefully you'll get a boy so you don't have to re-decorate so soon! Lachlan's roommate's room is so fancy! No wonder they could afford such a nice house, he clearly comes from money. The outdoor spaces look amazing too, I can't wait to see all the parties you throw there! Luna came too, yay! What a fun household. I can't wait for your next update!!

@MayaRose1138 I'm sure you have more building talent than you give yourself credit for! I can't wait to see your house. I'll be sure to check out your founder couple next time I'm in-game, but @OJenn is the person who adds things to the front page :smile:

No, I’m sure I have no talent for house design 🤣. They always turn out very blocky and uninteresting, and when decorating the insides, I always forget about things like curtains and decor. I’ve got to get myself an account so I can post pictures here - I used to have photobucket but I think that’s long since expired! Yours and @debjameswhite have both done a great job with your houses!
    Since my game is being annoying by freezing but not freezing (time stands still but my sims move in place and I can’t click on anything), I’ve been doing some creating. I’ve done the unfurnished home for Tails End (I do not have a talent for this!) plus I’ve created what I would like to submit as the founding couple for Brindleton Bay (or other towns). I’ve uploaded it to the Gallery under MayaRose1138, and it should be titled Johanssen. Naoko Johanssen is a Japanese-Swedish female who wants to be a vet, and Finnian O’Reilly is her bodybuilding husband who likes dogs. If anyone in charge would like to find the couple and tell me whether that is acceptable, you can link it to the main page. If it’s not, oh well, I had fun 😆.

Aww Maya, I always have to use reference pics for design (despite doing it irl) I still struggle with it lol. I'd recommend using Pinterest or searching the internet for some ideas. As for founders, sorry I've been dragging my feet on adding the other founding couple that I have. So we're full up on founders but thank you for offering!

@JordanNicoleJJ - It's so exciting seeing you in a new neighborhood and boy does it look like it needs help :lol: I can definitely see both of her parents in her looks, her hair is one of my favorites.

@debjameswhite - Lachlan's house looks so goooood! I am still struggling to decorate the lot and I used @JordanNicoleJJ 's shell as well it was just too good to pass up!
    @OJenn I'm so excited that we're starting gen 3 at the same time. Once your couple is hooked up I'd like to add them to my game so they can be friends with Lachlan and Thalia :) That is if you're still using Hayden. :) Using @Heckstress17 and @JordanNicoleJJ 's house for design inspiration was both a life saver and a struggle. I still have no idea what bed @JordanNicoleJJ used in her master suite and I looked! hehe
    edited December 2020
    OJenn wrote: »

Aww Maya, I always have to use reference pics for design (despite doing it irl) I still struggle with it lol. I'd recommend using Pinterest or searching the internet for some ideas. As for founders, sorry I've been dragging my feet on adding the other founding couple that I have. So we're full up on founders but thank you for offering!

You’re welcome! I’ll just add them into my game as NPCs when I start it and see if Naoko turns up as a vet hire when I open the clinic 😆. Or I’ll use them to test out running a vet clinic....

Incidentally, Sheela Smith’s - in gen 2 - link doesn’t work.
    Kalena has bee added to the genepool to replace Sheela Smith

As an update, I'm not sure how much I will be around until the 1st of the year. This morning my sister had her triplets and tested positive for COVID. So right now that is going to be my priority, I will do my best to check in but just in case I don't post for a bit that's what is going on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top