Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @amadazulsim I laughed at Manu being equally excited to cook a grilled cheese as he was about new plants growing. Who can blame him? I mean maybe he didn't want to get a job, but his wife's reward must have made it worth it at least for an afternoon. OH wow! What lot are you in again? My family never witnessed anything happening with the volcano when I was there. So nothing happened after they knocked them open? Oh Luana, well it wouldn't be a challenge without nooboos! I'm so happy Manu was happy.

@Heckstress17 OH! I thought you built the gym! Good job @JordanNicoleJJ It looks awesome. I did have time to play but I was shocked by Selena aging to young adult. I was unprepared so I've been playing with the shell @JordanNicoleJJ so nicely uploaded for us. I'm having fun copying both of you while trying to throw in a bit of my own as well. For example...I've already added a basement. I also switched the kitchen around a little bit. My living room is almost an exact copy of yours, but I did add some elements from hers and I followed her template sort of in the foyer. It is a little more time consuming though so I think at some point I'll just finish it off. Also I'm trying to figure out what cool outdoor space or garage maybe? I'll give up to the plants I need. Haha so I just went and wrote an update just for you. I didn't think I had enough for an update, turns out I had plenty!

Let's talk about yours though! Aww though. Poor Thalia! OMG! HA! Poor Thalia! You turned her into a criminal!!! hehe luckily it's just a warning for her to learn from! Man I remember struggling with Caiden and Lauren when they went to university. They both failed classes and I really couldn't figure it out. Especially poor Lauren though. Isn't it funny how one minute a C is sad and then next you're thrilled for it?! Congrats Carter! I'm glad you made it through in one piece. I always miss the hat toss I think. I feel like my pics are always bad too. hehe a closet romp will definitely make things better. Ok thinking real life for a minute...does anyone have a closet that's neat enough for a closet romp to be fun?? Ooo the tree looks so pretty. Look how nice and full the house is and how happy everyone looks! <3 I'm so confused by your stress potions but I want them! Awww look how pretty Thalia is. I can't wait to have her in my life!! Oh that poor boy. Now I know why I never let Lia rummage. I mean it's a great picture of Cassidy and Thalia. I love both of them. Carter looks so relaxed while his brother rants about life. The workout room and garage workshop are so nice! I am soooo excited you're going to Granite Falls! I had really meant to take Sawyer and his family there but never did. It's ok eventually I'll get a family there! I can't wait to live through your visit though!!

Woot! @Kiwicantdie If I didn't have a tiny kitten sitting on my chest I would get up right now for a coffee refill! So complete side note...the old cat who now has to eat special prescription cat food for her kidneys came in to sneak some kitten chow. I should not have let her, but I did because I'm just so happy she's finally eating. ANYWAYS small kitten who was curled up on my chest immediately had to go see what the damage was and decide if he too would now need to eat before giant kitty ate all his food. SO fresh cup of coffee in hand, let's get back to your update!

I love the bowling alley. I haven't had any issues with lighting yet though so I don't know. I do have sims going to school in their pajamas now though. Aww is my friend @Heckstress17 wishing for this lot too? Come on! OOOO Never mind! Hooray Kori! I love all the bowling lately! OMG seriously Kirk? What could she have done? We need the Mama Iris smack down animation immediately! Aww and look how pretty the house is. Yes snap this girl up before MCCC decides to marry her off. Act fast!! Oh my gosh I was admiring how appreciative Kori was over the food choice and I looked down and saw the little blue notice and was so afraid you were going to tell us she was married! Thank goodness it's just what she does for work. Of course she's an actress. I'm so excited about him with Kori. Look how sweet they are. Oh what sad news after such a great day! I hope he asked her to be his GF or you flagged her not to get married! Aww it's so sweet that Stephan will move in. Aww look how sweet Kori is with Iris. I love when our sims double fist their drinks! haha! oops! My jaw just dropped open! Maddy like all kids just wants to believe she came into existence without any of that foolishness between her parents! I love the picture of them sitting at the table. The house looks so homey. Wow. I was literally just wondering if any sim ever reacted badly to the news. Yes Aiyden tell your son to get over his dislike of children! It will be different with his own. Poor Kori. I'm glad Aiyden took it well at least. Wow! Yes Iris. We love you. OH wow Kirk really is handsome. OH sad. That's disappointing he hates children too. But congrats on moving out and his cute new neighbor!!!

F7bs1.jpeg
    TO RAISE A WOLFE – Evergreen Harbor Edition
    Callahan Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree
    Valentino Family Tree
    West Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree

Chapter 19: Wedding Bells

My boy’s a glutton. I’ve never had that trait before. It’s not very flattering.
    dUNyX63.png

For some reason though, he’s the only one to age from child to teen and be on the thin side.
    2NHKOoZ.png

He really does enjoy being active.
    aypPpYj.png

He has also picked up his father’s love of the garden.
    sELppN4.png

You always know these times are coming but they are not fun. Sweet Budge.
    zy1Xorx.png

Sawyer and Lucia were devastated.
    3expfsi.png

On an interesting side note, Selena was really friendly with Grim.
    NiUUOm9.png

Little Hilda was still going strong though.
    rTV90uS.png

The kids were sad too. It was miserable in the house with all the teen hormones AND a pet death. PS – Why are some of them suddenly going to school in their pajamas all the time?
    z96MMKz.png

The pink container got a new coat of paint on the inside and it went from being a flower shed to a robotics lab. Sawyer and Lachlan definitely spend the most time here.
    4By1cmZ.png

My favorites working hard together.
    D5zyZDS.png

Samara’s birthday came.
    Lp7TP7Q.png

She’s feeling pretty great.
    QfpOnYy.png

My heir’s first time at the stove.
    BkxFkRi.png

It was a success!
    HwOL23C.png

He and his sister share their sadness while they knit.
    GmU65SO.png

Tomas and Samara I think she was giving him a rose, but I’m not sure.
    hW7vpr5.png

Then they lost Hilda. Some Love day.
    x53nhWP.png

Sawyer couldn’t even believe this was happening again so soon. He’s so over it. I feel you Sawyer.
    j8wSfrr.png

Plus the poor guy was sick.
    Q2ltzNG.png

He still gave his bride a lovely night out though.
    sobrpa8.png

She even wrote him a note.
    Jg6KmgT.png

Tomas too was expressing how he felt about a certain someone.
    90V9B2T.png

This park was one of their favorite places and the perfect place for this.
    Ub2ARVx.png

You know she said yes.
    vmzBosd.png

On the big day it was raining a little bit but they didn’t let it dampen their day!
    c34amVq.png

It just made the fireworks safer.
    DqZp81c.png

They’re so in love.
    1cJXfDP.png

This is Carlton Everest. He is the Willow Creek heir. I definitely see both Hailey and Ridge in this one.
    fp0MZwS.png

Our Evergreen Harbor heir was sneaking a nap.
    jvh27Kd.png

Tomas was so sweet feeding cake to Samara.
    JmI86Tq.png

Then she shoved it in his face.
    K5oHaA1.png

I love her look. That was funny right? No retaliation right? Right. He’s too in love. It was a great event.
    QNCqLB5.png

Back at home, Lachlan was hard at work boosting his skills.
    Newr8pa.png

When he decided to work on robotics for the first time Dad supervised.
    BpTVAGk.png

Lachlan seemed to have a pretty good grasp on it.
    K1IAl63.png

Of course the minute Sawyer left he got hurt.
    E2aYqRP.png

And this is where I rage quit. The kids all came home with projects. Just as they were starting on them, Selena shocked me by aging up to a young adult. I was totally not ready. I love her.
    4TlVLpE.png

Also here’s a sneak peak at one of the rooms in Lachlan’s future home.
    u9bPixz.png

And Carleton’s future bride Violet Adams.
    dKMhXhZ.png
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Heckstress17 I wish I would have gotten Manu a job quicker too. I wasn't ready for a nooboo yet. They are totally lacking money to raise a little one. I also believe they are going to be good parents. Oh Manu was looking at a pineapple. lol So far that is the first plant to return to the island

Awww poor Thalia. She looked so disappointed that not one person showed up for Spirit day. (stupid script error)
    Wow, I didn't expect her to fail 2 classes just because of plagiarism. Congratulations to Carter on his graduation. I think the graduation picture look nice. I also dislike when sims stay in there winter clothing no matter what. I do think that the door being open probably had something to do with it in your game. My sims have noooooo excuse. The family looked like they really enjoyed their holiday even though it was thrown together last minute. Thalia has some serious ball handling skills. It was nice to see Carson with his evil self. I look forward to your big pic spam update next time.

@Kiwicantdie Your bowling alley is nice. Max and Kori are cute. I am curious about how Kirk managed to get away with that too. Kori and Max were so cute on their date. I mean how could a date go bad when it started with pie. I love how Kori breaking the news of the nooboo made everyone happy. They needed some good news. I love how Iris reacted. Kirk aged up nicely. It looks like he will have a nice life in his new town.

@debjameswhite I really don't remember what was in the rocks. I think I may have put the volcanic activity trait on the lot to keep it interesting.

That glutton trait is a mess. Good thing he is active because they will definitely gain weight. It is always a sad time when a pet die. I guess that is why I haven't really played with pets yet. Thomas and Samara's wedding was beautiful. Her expression while smashing cake into Thomas's face was priceless. Okay so Sawyer definitely needs to be supervised while working on his robotics. Lachlan's new house looks nice so far. I can't wait to see more.
    ]
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @kiwicantdie - I use Reshade for all my picture taking, I love it because I use it with any and all games that I play.

@Amadazulsim - Manu and Luana deserve a little bit of rest and what a view to relax to. I think Manu looks great in his scuba diving gear. Omg a volcano erupted ?! Luana looks like she is trying to find her zen :lol: Aww they are expecting! I can't wait to see how their first nooboo turns out.

@Heckstress17 - Aww poor Thalia at least Carter was there for her ♥ and yikes! I didn't know plagarizing would result in a fail. I'm sure Thalia will have better luck moving forward she is a good student otherwise. Carter lucked out with Thalia she is such a winner, entertaining the family and all. I think her taking time off is so smart, we all hate Uni here :lol: Good on Cassidy for making those potions I imagine once school starts up again Thalia will need them. And your sims going on vacay before school brings back memories for me. My family always took a vacation a few weeks before school started and it was always so nice. I'm sure Thalia and Carter will have a great time.

@Kiwicantdie - I still want this bowling lot omg, you guys build the best community lots. (now I am seriously reconsidering how many generations each challenge has. We need more room for lots :lol: ) Is that Iris in the background of their restaurant pic? And omg look at Kori's face, she is so cute. Also I think the ceiling glitching out is a bug, sometimes when I take pics with walls up and it shows the next level. I think its tied to the CC window mess. Welp Max's reaction was just about to be expected, poor Kori though. Good thing Aiyden was there to give his son a talking to and cheer Kori up. I feel like Max should be more careful than his brother out there in San My :lol:

@debjameswhite - Lachlan is looking great and may sway me from Selena but I still love her and how she turned out. Aww losing a pet is always tough. I do love how close Selena is with her brother. Omg poor Sawyer's reaction. At least Love Day led to something good congrats to Samara and Tomas.

• Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @Kiwicantdie - lol your update starting with that picture and hashtag was perfect. Your bowling alley is super cute, you're being way too hard on yourself! I do think moving the TV was a good call though. I totally get the look you were going for, but it did take up a lot of space. And you can't blame yourself for the ceiling/roof issues. Roofs are impossible in this game! Maybe that's what's causing your lighting to be dark? You totally do not have to upload it if you don't want to though, seriously there's no pressure. Believe me, I can totally relate to hating a build I've made... several actually :lol: I loved all your glow bowl pictures :heart: Kori taking bowling so seriously makes me like her more lol and omg how cute was Max trying to encourage her?!? :heart: I love him so much. Kirk! :astonished: I guess living with his meanie sister and his brother going through the phase where he couldn't stand him left it's mark lol Iris better get her boy in line! lol speaking of Maddy, that kiss pic was interesting :lol: Your Willow Creek builds are so cute. I loved seeing Adahy and Pauline's house again. I still remember how you decorated the garage, it was one of my favorite rooms. Max and Kori's date was great, you got so many cute pictures of them. The idea of a museum date is really cool. I wanna go on a museum date lol! Their sunset first kiss and forgotten baked potatoes were great pics too lol They moved fast after that :lol: Max looks pretty happy with himself lol. Aw poor Stephan! It was nice to see Maddy wasn't completely relishing in her boyfriend's misery lol. I still can't get over how adorable your elder Aiyden and Iris are. I love your family so much. I don't think my sims have ever done anything for New Years. Maddy makes it look a good time at the bowling alley though :joy: 3% !??!!!?! Woooooow risky woohoo hates you lol and the irony of this happening to your heir who hates children the very first time they woohoo!!! :joy: At least Aiyden and Iris are safe to woohoo... or try anyway lol. Ahahaha! Kori marching over to reveal the big news and Aiyden sitting at the table looking all senile and clueless to his intrusion killed me :lol: Oh Max :frowning: I feel for you him I really do, but go Aiyden! Set your boy straight! I don't want him to lose Kori over a little case of accidental and very unwanted pregnancy :lol: Iris's reaction was the best :lol: she couldn't be any cuter if she tried. omg Kirk! I feel terrible I almost forgot about him :hushed: he turned out really handsome. His jaw is very much Aiyden's, but I see Iris in his nose and eyes. I'm so glad he'll be close to that girl he's been eyeing since he was a kid :lol:

@debjameswhite - I didn't mean to turn Thalia into a criminal :bawling: lol especially since it means that she'll now need 6 credits to graduate so I can't get away with only sending her back for 1 semester :grimace: Anyway, no lol I definitely do not have a closet empty or organized enough to mess around in :lol: I loved your sneak peek of the house! :love: It's so fun to we're all using the same house :mrgreen: Your living room looks really similar to mine, but with your own style :smiley: I'm glad you discovered you had enough to post an update. Lachlan's eating is definitely not a pretty site :lol: but not every sim can win the trait lottery. It seems he's got a naturally fast metabolism though, and enjoying being active should keep him in shape. I think it's pretty cool that Carter is a foodie and into robotics, and you've got Lachlan that's so similar :heart: Oh no :disappointed: RIP Budge :cry: I was glad to see Hilda happily hoping along though. Lachlan's robotics lab looks great, but be very careful! Happy birthday to Samara. She's gorgeous, but I don't see much of Sawyer in her, so I see why she wasn't in the heir running. Your future heir seems to be off to a good start in the kitchen. I loved seeing him and Selena bonding over their knitting :heart: Hilda!!! and on love day too :bawling: It was a nice effort of Sawyer's part to still take his wife out despite losing their pet. Aw! Tomas proposing to Samara, and then getting married at their favorite park was perfect. I'm glad she's getting a happily ever after. I didn't even notice it was raining, and what a great idea to light off fireworks! Look at Carlton! He really is a perfect blend of Ridge and Hailey. I think he and Violet will make a beautiful couple. The cake feeding pictures were my favorite. Samara's face in the last picture is literally perfect. She looks so happy and innocent. You did a great job capturing that moment. Seeing Lachlan working on his robotics skill gives me a bit of anxiety lol but I'm glad his Dad supervised.

@amadazulsim - Surprise baby's before your sims are financially ready are always stressful lol but I'm sure Manu and Luana will manage :heart: Thalia's accidental plagiarism had much bigger impact then I expected :grimace: and yes omg the fact that sims won't change out of their outwear when they're in the house drives me crazy!

@OJenn - Yeah, lesson learned about the plagiarism for sure. I just wish the option wouldn't pop up when you go to write a term paper. I feel like it should be under a mischief interaction or something. I agree though, Thalia's a winner despite her little boo boo :lol: I love that your family would take a pre-school vacation. That's a great tradition. :smile:
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @OJenn Atlas and his wife are expecting too, yay! I love when the kids have cousins to grow up with. "Seeing as her mom is a vampire they got full custody" OMG! I wonder if Iris will be a vampire too...the drama :naughty: I'm glad they moved her in though, she and Jade seem to have a great relationship. Her room is too cute! I love the bright colors.

@Heckstress17 I hope your new teaching job is going well and your students aren't giving you too much trouble :wink: I knew you'd be happy about risky woohoo kicking in -- as long as it's not in your game :tongue: I'm not even mad about it, Storm graduated and maxed his career soon after, so he had nothing better to do than be a dad lol. Plus Cleo is perfect, who could be mad about a cutie like her :blush: I think you're spot-on with your genetics predictions. I really want to give them a pet, but it just never seems like the right time :tired_face: I'll try harder next generation lol. I'm so proud of Haven and Suri too -- I really didn't think they'd ever finish their aspirations and I'm not eager to do that aspiration again anytime soon. I'm so happy that Storm and Thalia have "easy" aspirations lol. Yes get the knitting pack!! It's so good, you won't regret it! Psshhh 62 pics is not too many -- my updates have all been between 50-75 pics.......unless that's too much? :sweat_smile:

Oh no, what a terrible script error! I would've been so mad if no students showed up to spirit day. At least Thalia got a super cute Foxbury sweater :blush: AHH I wondered what would happen if you tried to plagiarize! Poor Thalia :grimace: Congrats to Carter for graduating with an A- GPA -- that's still pretty great! My RL college gpa was like a C- :lol: I know I'm #TeamFoxbury, but he looks great in Britechester colors, and that campus is sooo beautiful. Idk what you're talking about, those hat-throwing pics are great! I missed the hat-throwing at Thalia's graduation and feel so bad about it lol. That closet is officially the woohoo closet of that house, I love it :lol: Hey, at least Christmas went better than Thanksgiving, right? Thalia's getting better at throwing family parties :wink: I love seeing the fam all together again, and the twins twinning it up with their matching sweaters :blush: Cass is the best sim ever I swear. I want her to come make des-stress potions for Storm and Thalia in my game :lol: That pic of Thalia cleaning in her lingerie is the most Thalia thing I've ever seen, I love her so much :lol: And she's bonding with Cass!! :heart: They were just destined to be bffs. Lol Carson is the perfect villain, I'm glad to see he's still up to his villainous ways. Good for Thalia getting Carter back in shape! I love that she encourages him to be healthier. She and Storm are both just completely jacked in my game, to the point where I got rid of some of her crop top outfits cause it's a little scary :joy: It takes foreverrr to make mechanisms and computer chips! BUT I noticed that it takes a lot less time once they max robotics, or at least it seemed to. It also seemed like it took a servo less time to raise robotics and craft materials than a regular sim -- so once Carter crafts a servo, it can make an army of servos in no time! :joy: I love the pics of them staying in for New Years -- honestly that's what I do every year, I just wanna be home with my man and a bottle of "juice" lol. Eeeeep I'm so excited for their Granite Falls vacay!! I need to get my sims there soon, it's my fav vacation spot!

@debjameswhite Thanks for your nice comments about my gym :blush: The food that made Thalia catch on fire was the "bombadier beetle" something, it's the most expensive new meal that came with Eco Lifestyle. She didn't actually catch on fire (I think it was kinda like how some of the City Living food is "spicy" and makes sims breathe fire?), but it was really scary!

Glutton's not too bad! It's not flattering, you're right, but at least they aren't picky eaters :wink: And it works out great that he loves being active, since the glutton trait can really pack on the pounds. NOOO not Budge!! This is why I don't want a pet yet, pet death gets me every time :bawling: At least they still have Hilda :heart: I love Lachlan's new robotics lab! Great repurposing. Selena and Lachlan are my favs too, just look at how hard-working they are :smile: Happy birthday Samara! Lachlan didn't almost burn that house down learning to cook???? Are you SURE he's your heir?? :wink: NO Hilda too? :bawling: The poor family, poor Sawyer (and poor me, I'm devastated over here :cry: )... Worst Love Day ever :confused: He was so sweet to pull it together for Lucia so they could have a nice night out, I don't think I could've done it. What a beautiful wedding!! Samara and Tomas make a great couple, I'm happy for them. Carlton is such a cutie! I can totally see Hailey and Ridge in him too! Lol aw Lachlan's just not ready for unsupervised robotics yet. You'll get there, Lachlan! I wasn't ready to Selena to age up yet either, but she'll do great out on her own! She's going to be the best doctor in Evergreen Harbor :wink: (I'd love if you uploaded her to the gallery as a YA so I can put her in my game too!) Your version of the house already looks amazing! I love the green curtains and comfy-looking couches! Violet is so pretty. I really miss the Willow Creek gene pool mates sometimes -- they're classics :heart:

@Kiwicantdie I really am speedrunning the challenge :sweat_smile: You called it -- 5% risky woohoo got me (spoiler - twice now :lol: ) :grimace: I've been having Thalia take the "birth control" that comes with the mod but I don't really trust it...it gives her a flirty moodlet that says "what could go wrong?" in the description....... :grimace: Fingers crossed but so far I've only had single births!! I haven't tweaked the MCC pregnancy settings so it should be using the game's "percentages" rather than the multiples-curse-MCC settings? Idk, I'm just happy I don't have the multiples curse :lol:

"#me trying to figure out where to fit any update in my uni + two jobs schedule" that's about to be me too now that my job has me running two games a week at work plus my two home games of D&D...I relate too much rn :grimace: I'm glad you found time though :wink: You're crazy, your bowling alley is AMAZING, I don't know what you're talking about whatsoever :tongue: The dark lighting is from the "night time bowling" or whatever when the game automatically sets all the lights to a dim or blue color to make it more thematic lol. YES Kori's a YA!! Get on it Max! KIRK that is not how you impress the ladies :joy: I'm surprised Iris didn't whip around and slap him right then and there :lol: The "twin knitting devil sister" cracks me up so much. I love her, even if she really is the devil :lol: Adahy's house!! All of your Willow Creek builds were so amazing, ahhh the memories. Max and Kori are seriously so cute together, I ship them so hard :love: Wait -- lunch, museum, AND dinner by the river at sunset? Where do I get me a Max? He's clearly the best date-planner ever and just drop-dead gorgeous wow I love him. Their first kiss was literally perfect :heart: Hey, you can't let a good opportunity go to waste, where there's an observatory in an empty museum, there's a perfectly good woohoo spot :wink: I should be sad for Stephan's loss (I totally am, I swear) but I'm even more happy that he's moving in. You know Aiyden and Iris will totally get grandbabies soon with the way meanie Maddy is all over that poor boy :lol: GIRL we will never be sick of your bowling alley -- you are the only person on this planet who doesn't like your bowling alley :joy: Maybe the more drinks Maddy has, the nicer she'll be? We can only hope :sweat_smile: AHHHHH OMG WHAT A NEW YEARS SURPRISE!! Also, hahahhaa I love that risky woohoo always gets you, even though you hate it so much :lol: Poor hates children Max...I mean, we all knew it was coming eventually though. Better to get it over with sooner rather than later? :sweat_smile: Aww you go Aiyden and Iris! I love that they're still so in love. Hey...death by woohoo is the way I wanna go, honestly :joy: WOOO! I mean, poor Max, but yes I'm so here for surprise nooboo #1 (hopefully just 1, for your sake lol). The reactions were great -- Max in turmoil, Aiyden ridiculously excited, Maddy feeding off Max's misery. I love it. TELL 'EM AIYDEN! We need nooboos, Max is just gonna have to get over his hatred of them :tongue: Wow -- Iris might just be the happiest soon-to-be-grandma I've ever seen in this game :joy: I love her so much. Kirk aged up nicely, but you definitely picked the right heir -- since they both hate children anyway, you might as well pick the better genetic mix. I love that Max got some of Iris' features, because Maddy and Kirk just look so much like Aiyden to me even though logically I know they're good mixes too lol. Plus Kirk's the real winner here, he's gonna have a great child-free life in San Myshuno...if he can remember to wrap it with all the hotties he's gonna pull lol.

@amadazulsim I missed your Sulani family! Manu looks so happy, and he will make a great lifeguard -- it fits his 'beach life' aspiration! A VOLCANO ERUPTED??? That's terrifying!! I guess that's something to look forward to when I rebuild Sulani... :grimace: You get volcano rocks to crack open?? That's so cool! What did they get out of them? Eeeeep!! I'm so excited for their pregnancy! Congrats to the growing family :smiley:

@ everyone -- I should have another update today or tomorrow. I have plenty of pics, I just need to find time to write up the update. My RL schedule just got busier as I'm bad to my usually 3 D&D games a week, and I'm going to start a 4th game soon as the store needs more events going on in the store during the week, so there goes one of my Sims days :tired_face: I should still have time to play all day on Fridays and post updates on Sundays or Mondays though. That's the plan at least. Wish me luck running all these games and still finding time for myself :lol:
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ I took my mod folder out and went into the game to give you your wish and my girl was pregnant! I did upload the family when she was a teen though. Once she's done with her current condition, I'll go in and age her down to a young young adult and load her up if you want :) These are her 3 traits if you want to do it yourself and of course she has a biology degree. Good, Music Lover, Recycle Disciple.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Evergreen Harbor - Generation 3 Update 3!

Carter and Thalia arrived in Granite Falls for their much needed vacation on a cold spring morning. Thalia was happy to learn that her boyfriend had rented a cozy cabin, and she wouldn't be roughing it in a tent after all :smile: (cabin built by Catsaar)
    QHotudG.png

They had hoped for better weather, but it didn't deter Carter from fishing at their cabin's private pond. Thalia wasn't sure how she felt about fishing and decided she'd rather watch for a bit.
    HOmMVpr.png

When it started to rain she went inside to warm up by the fire. She was pretty bummed their first day in the great outdoors was getting rained out. :confused:
    e2Z9Up2.png

Carter wasn't so quick to head inside. He decided to check out the shed behind their cabin. It turned out there was a robotics station tucked away in there and he ended up tinkering for awhile.
    MxGbx3t.png

As you can see from his expression, he got shocked once again :lol: that face though lol he switched to books for awhile.
    HmlqCXl.png

Thalia, who was bored out of her mind without a TV or any other modern electronic, was glad when Carter came to keep her company. :wink:
    i4dLhjS.png

Their cabin didn't come stocked with many recreational activities, but they made due.
    CbbY0k5.png

Thalia is so pretty :love: and Carter's pretty adorable too.
    cHnevFO.png

After "entertaining" themselves for a few hours, the rain let up and they were able to lay and see the stars together. :heart:
    qTFf8gC.png

The next morning Carter asked Thalia if she'd like to go to the national forest park. She was excited about the idea.
    oSHH8tr.png

Thalia went for a hike. (I was hoping the "hike" interaction would result in her autonomously scavenging for herbalism plants but it didn't :smirk: )
    o2Zxkc7.png

So her hike turned into a beautiful early morning jog. :love:
    wAXUcDY.png

Carter and Thalia both have a new appreciation for stress potions, so Carter set out to learn what he could about herbalism. He found a variety of herbs but he never found an elderberry which is needed to make level one concoctions...
    FPkJLh8.png

He and Thalia met back up at the granite falls waterfall :smile:
    DjA1ro0.png

That's when Carter started acting a little strangely...
    WBsWCfW.png

But Carter pulled himself together quickly, and when he got down on one knee and beamed up at her, Thalia realized what he was doing.
    RUuRQZz.png

She was still pretty shocked. She didn't expect to be presented with a diamond ring when she woke up in the cabin that morning.
    R1uvLcl.png

But of course she said yes! Carter couldn't have been happier :smile:
    Vmpv0gc.png
    4Z4ln8b.png

To celebrate their engagement they went to @JordanNicoleJJ 's Lodge restaurant, and of course they sat outside. They were amused to see Carter's brother, Carson, failing miserably at ice skating :lol:
    y7QbLIl.png

Thalia was beaming the whole night. Carter loves the outdoors, so of course he was in his element, but Thalia seemed to be just as happy.
    o6RXXZ4.png

They're such a romantic couple. They couldn't keep their hands to themselves while they waited for their food to be brought out.
    U3CvvlV.png

Thalia recited lovey poetry to Carter as the huge full moon rose over the mountains behind them :love:
    XxpY1yC.png

We'll pretend like she wasn't attacked by mosquitos immediately after her little poetry reading :lol:
    hczCZlN.png

After dinner they decided to try out ice skating for themselves. Carter's face says it all lol
    yna4UEE.png

You would think he'd be a little better at this, he did skate occasionally as a child...
    NUms7gL.png

Even super athletic Thalia ended up wiping out lol so they called it a night after this.
    4ZiUZS8.png

I'm happy to show that their vacation woo hoo is much happier then their college days woo hoo lol
    g8qlG8Q.png

The 3rd day of their vacation was overcast again. They stayed close to the cabin, and this time Thalia was feeling outdoorsy enough to try fishing.
    8FlIEMI.png

She was so cute when she caught her first fish!
    SK0uAyi.png

After spending most of the day fishing, they started a bonfire in a shared campground area and Thalia got to roast her first marshmallow.
    v1U7Byh.png

Carter then spent the evening looking for whatever insects he could find to hopefully start his herbalism skill before their vacation was over.
    zkE7uq4.png

He caught fireflies.
    4H2LzDv.png

and then some multicolored fireflies?
    uscnDqM.png

Before they knew it their vacation had come to an end. They weren't too disappointed, it had begun to snow and the lakes and ponds were too frozen to fish in anymore. Plus as much as she enjoyed the woods, Thalia was feeling homesick.
    hsPxewb.png

When they arrived home in Evergreen Harbor, Thalia immediately began preparing for her upcoming semester.
    NJvOBhO.png

She's determined to ace all of her classes this time. Carter was just glad all of her studying brought her to workshop so they could spend as much time together as possible.
    04MwFri.png

The new holiday, Bunny day, was on Thalia's first day of classes. So instead of having a big family get together, Carter cooked a meal for just the two of them. And Thalia proudly displayed the one egg she managed to find on the dinner table lol
    RhP1Uxz.png

I couldn't find the bunny anywhere all day, then finally I looked out on the back patio... and sure enough he was out their grilling up de-stressing concoctions :joy:
    E1Oqaft.png

Carter gave the bunny his signature polite introduction and now he and the bunny are like family lol
    1kgMSxQ.png

And then the bunny sat and kinda ominously watched Thalia down her dinner :lol: The bunny's not so fun when there's no kids in the house.
    XcvBVuk.png

Anyway, I'll end this super long update by saying how happy Thalia and Carter are that the weather's finally warm enough for them to enjoy their pool. :sunglasses:
    xQSoAsf.png

:heart::heart::heart:
    7hjPTQH.png

Happy Simming! and @JordanNicoleJJ I'll be back tomorrow to reply to your comments :heart:
    Post edited by Heckstress17 on
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I was so excited to see you post an update! I got even more excited when I remembered you were going to post a vacation update. I'm so tired of the standard builds in Granite Falls that I immediately went out and downloaded both your little cabin (adorable) and @jordannicoleJJ 's restaurant. Someday I'll do some updates to our two vacation worlds but not right now :D. I love Thalia sitting and watching Carter fish. She looks so cute in her little hat. It seemed so appropriate that she would just look on. I don't know why, but I love that shelf with the plate, the duck and the books. Robotics shed! Perfect!! Oh Carter. Please be careful. We want nooboos! I'm glad they came up with some activities to keep themselves entertained and you are so right. She is soo pretty. I can't wait for her to be part of my world too! You've given me a new sim dream. Sims who scavenged for plants or collectables on their own?? Yes please! OMG proposal at the waterfall! YES! I love it. I love the picture where she's admiring her ring but he's admiring her. So sweet. Good job Carter. They are such a nice looking couple. Oh and then the moon. Of course the mosquitos came out. That would be my life too. I hate them. Her fishing pic was too cute. Is she just cute all the time?? EEEEE snow definitely time to go home. RUN! RUN! Right back to classes! Sorry Thalia. Try to do better this time :D Bunny Day...that's adorable but I have to say that bunny terrifies me. He's like the scarecrow I never want to have in my game. Stop watching Thalia, it's not OK. The pool pictures though! I love those. I'm excited to try the pool again. Last time I had one was with Drew and Brad and Drew kept getting into the pool in winter and almost dying. It was very annoying.
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 - What a great vacation! Nothing like bugs, rain and a proposal ;) I am so glad Carter sealed the deal with Thalia. I have to say I was a little nervous with all of their woohoo but I think they both deserved some serious R&R after the time they'd been having with school. Thalia looks ready to take on university, I'm sure she is going to do great.
  • Options
    WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    Hey guys,
    just wanted to let you know, that I'm alive and well :D I've arrived very late on Friday and I've been trying to adapt to my new life. There are still some difficulties but I hope I'll be able to play sometime on the weekend and also post and reply to you :-)
    I loved your updates though <3
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Soooo I had thought this would be my stress free sim binging week, but it hasn't turned out that way :tired_face::bawling::disappointed: It kinda seems like everyone else is preoccupied right now too though. Has anyone installed the latest update? And if so what do you think of the 2 hairs that were reworked and skin tone adjustments?? I wanna update, but I always wait a few days, or until one of you gives me the all clear lol

@Wentcrazy - I'm so glad to hear you arrived safely and are getting settled in! I hope whatever difficulties you're having will be resolved soon :heart: I've definitely been missing you, but completely understand why you haven't been around as much the past week or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get some sim time this weekend.

@OJenn - I thought the vacation turned out nicely too :blush: You're not the only one nervous about all the woohoo :lol: but so far, so good!

@debjameswhite - I read that the cake baking bug was finally fixed this update (or so they claim)! I can't believe they finally put out a fix and it's right after Lia passes away :rage: Anyway, I was so glad to read you were excited for my Granite Falls update :smile: I've only played there once, but you're completely right about the default lots. They need some major help lol. Downloading replacements is totally the way to go. Yes! It would awesome if they put out an update that allowed sims who love the outdoors to autonomously scavenge and hike. Thalia being content to just look on as Carter fished seemed really fitting to me too :blush: The waterfall proposal was spontaneous, when Carter stumbled upon it I knew he had to propose there. I feel the same about the mosquitoes lol but thankfully they're not much of problem anymore. When we lived in FL they were a constant annoyance. Aw lol I'm sorry you don't like the bunny. I agree, he's a bit creepy :lol: but the egg hunting is neat, and I like having another holiday to celebrate. A real holiday, not like the neighborhood brawl, aka the most random and ridiculous "holiday" ever. And omg you just made me feel so lucky that Carter and Thalia never tried to swim during the winter!

@JordanNicoleJJ - :tired_face: I'm always bummed to hear you're sim time is being cut in half, but I'm glad you'll get at least one day when you can play. haha and yes, my new teaching job has been going pretty well. I have mixed feeling because I'm being "let go" from my position :lol: My kids are actually returning to traditional in person learning on Monday for the new semester. Part of me is excited because it has not been easy trying to teach kindergarten and 7th grade from home lol but the other part of me is really upset because my little baby boy is going to big boy school for the first time!!! (and of course I'm still worried about covid) :bawling: I'm gonna be a mess for awhile, but my husband thinks the sims will distract me from my tears lol Anyway, I completely agree, little Cleo (omg almost called her "little miss Cleo and it totally reminded me of those 90's infomercials :joy: ) is perfect. And with Storm being maxed out in his career Cleo came along at the perfect time. Re-reading your reply reminds me I didn't buy the knitting pack when I said I would! I really need to get on that. Your updates have between 50-75 pics? It doesn't feel like that many at all. I always think your updates are the perfect length! So no, that's definitely not too many. I feel better about starting to post more now lol

Yeaaaaah plagiarizing was a huge oopsie on my part :grimace: I'm thinking if your sim has enough mischief skill they might be able to pull it off, but since poor Thalia just clicked the wrong option on the computer they flunked her so fast :lol: I would've been proud of having a C- btw, college classes are no walk in the park. A pass is a pass *insert shrug emoji* But yeah, things are going better for Thalia now lol and yes that's the designated woohoo closet now :lol: haha Thalia being too jacked for her crop tops is so fitting with her personality. She doesn't lift in my game. She always ends up running on the treadmill and watching TV to raise her fun meter. Carter is still working on completing his computer chips for his servo... I'm hoping he'll be able to make one before he's an elder. Or maybe he'll make a ton and send them to uni to dominate the bot savants or something lol
  • Options
    F7bs1.jpeg
    TO RAISE A WOLFE – Evergreen Harbor Edition
    Callahan Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree
    Valentino Family Tree
    West Family Tree
    Wolfe Family Tree

Chapter 20: Hot Mess

Everything is disjointed in this update so please forgive me. We randomly start one day when Sawyer was at the community center. He was shocked to meet this Asian celebrity there. Apparently he was doing research for a role.
    NOPT14g.png

Of course he hit it off with Sawyer, and Sawyer invited him home to see his container home. Alex was fascinated. Lucias was gracious though she did wonder why her husband was bringing a complete stranger over.
    4EYrX3L.png

He was very interested when he met sweet Selena.
    jWLh3VE.png

Later on the rooftop deck he charmed her with his sweet personality.
    VczVlk7.png

That same week he asked her to accompany him to a fancy restaurant in Oasis Springs.
    wSaUzzb.png

Side note, this is Patrick Wolfe and I love him.
    lp51yq4.png

He is a descendent of @kiwicantdie ‘s Emilia and my Caiden. Lucy was her daughter and Jett is Caiden’s son.
    6RwmKf7.png

For some reason they ended up enjoying their meal inside on the couch.
    wJMWC5Q.png

When they went back outside, he swept her off her feet.
    IqtcrDm.png

Then asked her to marry him. Not gonna lie, I expected her to say no.
    iNuhxMk.png

She’s already head over heels though.
    wsjeP1B.png

Back at home the fur was flying.
    baONHB7.png

No idea what got into these two.
    yKHsmqG.png

I had to snap a picture of Sawyer snoozing under all these portraits.
    G2Het0w.png

The wedding day came fast.
    4F42Ocv.png

Sawyer wanted to ask his daughter one more time if this was really what she wanted.
    PXk5w9E.png

Things had moved fast, but it was love.
    rwF6QMC.png
    NfgWV7G.png
    0rNYNbG.png
    IWsUfvH.png

I love when they dance.
    OoErJPe.png
    PwR2hz7.png
    tYtXKcJ.png

Their cake moment was much sweeter.
    FblXPWI.png

The party lasted well into the evening.
    ZdWvXmf.png
    RxXOgbX.png
    36ixo8T.png
    7StOqNG.png

And finished with a bang.
    vGismbf.png

Samara showed up with some surprising news for us!
    nC2Db5E.png

Someone stole a family heirloom! I’m so angry! I went into the sims who had been in the house’s inventories to see if I could find it and no one had it. I hate the klepto trait. HATE IT!!
    bQ5Hjix.png

Lachlan has been powering through illness to get his projects done.
    sl26Am5.png

Both cats want to help. This is Potsie I think.
    5Z3fLK1.png

And this is Peanut.
    ioQmGe5.png

One day, a stranger showed up at the door.
    ULIw4nk.png

He introduced himself as David Wolfe. He had heard about Lia and Heath’s passing. Sawyer still hadn’t done the memorial and David wanted to pay his respects. Turns out they were both related to Greysen Wolfe.
    gp576vC.png

Sleeping kitties
    nzmvB3Z.png

It was dinner time when there was a sudden guest at the door. OMG look at her.
    olYHz1O.png

Then I realized that Samara had had twins!
    cB1JEFv.png

THEN I got this notification! What?? But Peanut is boy…
    3VTGMzT.png

I thought it was adorable that she to ran to Potsie to tell him what was expected.
    dKKX1eY.png

I guess he’s happy?
    spTAbdC.png

Sawyer invited Alex over to get to know him better. They invited him to card night!
    auIlxGT.png

He actually seemed to fit in fine.
    l9vvEJE.png

Lucia came home very happy.
    3XvRtTP.png

She had realized her dreams of being a master chef.
    jkonsTr.png

Shortly after that, Peanut went into labor.
    1PMLaVW.png

She was not happy and seemed to blame Sawyer.
    fzZ2Jel.png

She went walking.
    taKE1XM.png

Spent time in the garden.
    Am0qJfK.png

Finally she came in and gave birth.
    TulqPWR.png

To two.
    f9x0SfJ.png

I love this one. Meet Luna.
    L866j7m.png

This is Rosie. They’re both girls.
    Lx5KkH4.png

They’re so cute.
    YQRL3dy.png

I had to show you this cute picture. I still love Selena so much.
    Bjp6Bsd.png

OH! Remember that terrifying toddler? He’s not too bad now.
    tVGWg1u.png
    xnmWqvH.png

I thought this was funny. Everyone is holding a cat EXCEPT the cat lover. Potsie is probably just too heavy!
    W3t9TFH.png

Look at them!
    WqLtBUi.png

Back to the people…Selena comes over all the time. She wanted to come home even when she was in labor.
    CBh5j2Q.png

My Hailey became an elder? I can’t take this!
    WAK86pg.png

And this kitten though. I love Luna.
    UiAiD3B.png

Selena, sweetie, go home and have your baby!
    CNoSaNE.png

Hailey came over and randomly gave her brother a present which I thought was nice.
    6gqg6A1.png

Lachlan did not get the scholarship for being a resident of Evergreen Habor…
    X1xawqr.png

He didn’t let him bother him. Apparently he likes metal. As long as the music plays he’s fine.
    uS21xxQ.png

The holidays are coming so Sawyer went out to meet his family (EA PLEASE SEND HELP). Hi Ridge, you’ve been married to my sister for how long? Nice to meet you.
    aVJ2vXN.png

He also visited his daughter in her new home.
    34IfSjT.png

He met his granddaughter Sophie.
    ErDDBbR.png

Then he went to see Samara. This is Dominik and…um…Sophia.
    pa4AL6O.png

They’re pretty cute.
    wrQMxMs.png

Hello Tomas, you’re married to my daughter? Pleasure to meet you.
    CrTGDCA.png

Back at home, Lachlan was playing air guitar.
    ehv8lqk.png

He was enjoying his music and didn’t really want Dad around!
    hP1q4QK.png

He didn’t let it stop him though.
    EJHWf6D.png

He was too into his music to even notice really.
    o6qCKRK.png
  • Options
    Sorry it took me forever to post this! I've been so busy this week :tired_face: I'll try to get back for comments soon! I'm loving everyone's updates! I haven't actually played yet, but I did update the game and LOVE the new hairs! I think they look way better and I'll be using the new braids one on Cleo when she ages up for sure. So far I don't know if there are any new bugs/conflicts or if any mods are broken, but I know a lot of cc skins (especially defaults) are, so if you use cc skins check for compatibility/updates from the creator :smile:
    Rebuild Evergreen Harbor: Gen 3

In my last update, Haven and Suri moved out to retire on the beautiful island of Sulani. Now that they were gone, Storm turned their very temporary bedroom into an office space for Thalia. She was thrilled to have somewhere more "studious" to do her homework when she doesn't have time to go to the library :smile:
    1.png

2.png

They also realized that the upstairs closet was perfect for "study breaks" :wink:
    3.png

Thalia was still busy 24/7 with classes, homework, and study sessions, so Storm took over the parenting duties. Little Cleo is a total daddy's girl, so it worked out perfectly :blush:
    4.png

5.png

The weekend came, and Storm organized a "family fun day" aka toddler playdate at the Willow Creek park. So I broke down and bought the Star Wars pack, and I thought my worst fears had come true -- when the Greenes arrived, the park was overrun with Star Wars characters *insert eye roll emoji* What I didn't realize was...there's actually a "cosplay club" ?? So they weren't from the Star Wars pack after all, just a bunch of nerds, which I can totally relate to lol.
    6.png

Well, there was one real Star Wars character there -- Rey -- and apparently she's a total cosplay fangirl :lol:
    7.png

Anyway, back to the Greenes lol. Cleo still couldn't interact with cousin Nicole, so Cleo met some "big kids" instead. The kids on the swings are actually "Aunt" Cassidy's twins :smile:
    11.png

Storm spent most of the day parenting Nicole, because we all know Blaze and Kate are doing the bare-minimum parenting :tongue:
    8.png

9.png

All in all, it was a good day and some great family bonding time :blush:
    10.png

Cleo needed a nap when they got home, so Storm and Thalia got to enjoy some rare alone time. They cuddled up in some warmer clothes (despite the thermostat being on, must be a new bug :tongue: ) and watched a romantic movie that Thalia picked out. Well... "watched" is a loose term :wink:
    12.png

And that's when Storm had a thought... :flushed:
    14.png

They talked about it for a long time. Thalia hadn't even thought about having a second child as she hadn't graduated yet let alone got settled into her career, but Storm assured her he could handle the parental duties -- in fact, he'd love to! All he wanted to do now was be a good parent.
    13.png

That's all it took to convince Thalia, and they jumped right in bed :smirk:
    15.png

It worked!! Nooboo #2 incoming! :smiley: (I was glad to see Thalia as excited as she was, I was worried for a sec that she didn't want more kids since she never got that whim :grimace: But it's all good -- she's happy!)
    16.png

Buuut as Thalia began to show, she freaked out like last time and hit the treadmill to lose some weight :lol:
    21.png

Storm was just as happy & supportive as last time. He also got right to work fabricating another child bed for the new nooboo.
    20.png

This pregnancy was a lot harder on Thalia, but Storm was there every step of the way. He made all of the random foods she craved, even when she suddenly got too nauseous to eat them. That's true love right here lol
    22.png

When he wasn't with Thalia, he spent every moment with little Cleo, mostly entertaining her with his funny faces & dad jokes :blush:
    23.png

Fall was in the air for Spooky Day. The Greenes spent the day decorating the house for a big Spooky Day costume party.
    19.png

Thalia scared herself while filling the candy bowl -- I blame the pregnancy hormones :lol: Her costume is sort of a "Foxbury student zombie" (I never know what that costume is supposed to be lol).
    24.png

Storm dressed up as a gladiator as it was the only thing that fit his huge muscles :wink: And little Cleo was a big bad wolf, RAWR!
    26.png

All of the family was invited, including Eden's side of the family. Storm was still pretty close to his cousin Ana, though he had never developed a friendship with her celeb husband. The weird robot behind Ana is her teen son (with @OJenn 's Basil Meyers), Corbin. I really wish he'd worn a different costume so you could see his face, cause he's a total cutie! He looks so much like Basil :blush:
    27.png

Thalia used the party as a way to announce her pregnancy to the entire family. At this point I'm pretty sure Raven is going to be the childfree cool aunt, cause MCC still hasn't knocked her up, and she always looks more shocked & confused than excited at pregnancy announcements :lol: I relate Raven, I relate.
    28.png

Blaze's daughter, Nicole, grew up quick. (I'm going to assume that we didn't get an invite to the bday party because those lazy parents just didn't throw one :tongue: Poor Nicole lol) She came dressed as a pretty princess and was the most excited of all of the party guests to "meet" her new little cousin.
    29.png

........and then she destroyed the hardwood floors by throwing paint all around :expressionless: I take back what I said, she's not cute, she's a monster lol.
    30.png

I banished her to the dark, scary, haunted outdoors to make jack-o-lanterns for the rest of the night. If Blaze and Kate won't parent her, I will :joy:
    31.png

She's slowly working her way back into my good graces after she made a cute cat jack-o-lantern. I might forgive her. Eventually.
    32.png

Back inside, Storm was giving Thalia and the unborn nooboo lots of bump love. It's times like this when I know I made the right heir choice, Storm's a great sim and a great dad :blush:
    33.png

Once Thalia started making this face, I knew the party was over. It was a great party, but super prego Thalia needed to go to bed. She could pop at any second :tongue:
    34.png

She actually made it through the night without incident (I was sure she was going to go into labor after that back stretch!), and she spent the next morning spending some one-on-one time with Cleo. She wanted to make sure Cleo knew she wasn't being forgotten about or loved any less just because they're having another baby.
    35.png

She started having back pains again that afternoon while working on her term paper. She powered through and finished her paper, but eventually it was too painful to ignore -- she had officially gone into labor!
    36.png

Of course Storm was at work (for like the first time in 3-4 days :tongue: ), and she didn't really care to go to the hospital alone, so she just laid down and rested until it was time. She didn't want to pass out in front of the bassinet again :lol:
    37.png

When she woke up, she welcomed a baby boy into the world! She named him Thaddeus ("Thad" for short).
    38.png

Storm got home from work and panicked when he saw Thad in the bassinet.
    Storm: "You had the baby while I was gone?! And you didn't call?!?!"
    Thalia: "Yup. His name is Thaddeus, and you're on night duty. Goodnight!" :lol:
    40.png

He calmed down as soon as he laid eyes on his son -- all of the worries in the world just disappeared.
    41.png

Storm spent the whole night cuddling, feeding, changing diapers, and more cuddling :heart:
    42.png

The very next day was a big day. First, the first big storm of the season came on strong, and a boom of thunder scared everyone awake. But more importantly, it was Cleo's child birthday! Just so you know, this terrifying thunderstorm is foreshadowing...
    43.png

Storm put his master chef skills to good use and made some gummy bear pancakes for the birthday girl. What a show off :wink:
    44.png

45.png

Cleo woke up in a mood, and that mood got even worse when she realized mom and dad had eaten her pancakes without her! *Stephanie Tanner voice* "How rude!"
    46.png

Haven and Suri didn't come to the Spooky Day party, but they thankfully made it to Cleo's birthday despite the awful weather :sweat_smile:
    47.png

Cleo cheered grandpa Haven right up. You just can't be mad when your adorable grandchild gives you a big bear hug!
    48.png

Storm also made the cake, and they decided to celebrate as soon as it came out of the oven, in case the weather got worse and Haven and Suri had to leave. Birthday time!
    49.png

Annnd this is what I meant by "foreshadowing." My precious Cleo got the EVIL trait!! So...that's mildly terrifying...but at least she was happy about everyone else's fear of the thunderstorm? :grimace:
    50.png

She's so cute though, I don't even care that she's evil :lol: It's still hard to compare genetics at this age, but I'm pretty sure she's a good mix. So far I see Thalia's hair, skin, and eye color, Thalia's nose, Storm's eye shape, lips(?), and maybe face shape?
    51.png

Little outfit tour. I had a hard time styling her outfits, cause again there is an unfortunate lack of purple clothing in this game, especially in a "mean girl" style. But I really like her everyday outfits with those combat boots. Outfits in order - everyday (2), athletic, sleep, party, cold.
    52.png

Haven and Suri did in fact have to leave soon after the candles were blown out, and Storm went to work, Thalia went to class, and Thad went to daycare. So Cleo was left to her own devices for the rest of the day. She decided to walk down to the new park she heard about. It was a neighborhood over, but still in Evergreen Harbor, so she figured her parents wouldn't be too mad :tongue: The walk there was scarier than she had anticipated thanks to the lighting crashing around her every few minutes...
    53.png

But she had fun anyway! She felt pretty cool and grown up for "sneaking out" and going all the way to the park by herself. She played on the jungle gym for an hour or so and knocked out the first stage of her rambunctious scamp aspiration!
    54.png

She hurried home and dried off so her parents wouldn't suspect she'd gone out by herself. She spent the rest of the afternoon working on the second part of her aspiration, typing. Also, quick room tour because I love her room lol
    58.png

59.png

Storm got home from work and didn't suspect a thing! He totally believed she'd been playing on the computer the whole time he gone. Mwahahaha! :naughty: xa
    60.png

As a "reward" for being so "well-behaved," Storm took her to the Foxbury campus to shoot hoops while they waited for Thalia to finish the tutoring job she had recently started (she has been tutoring in the evenings for her aspiration).
    55.png

Cleo was a natural! Which makes perfect sense, given her active parents lol. Storm was so proud of her and cheered her on every time she scored.
    56.png

...which was a LOT, sometimes two basketballs back to back! I don't understand this sorcery you call sports, but they had fun and that's all that matters lol. I'll end this update here, as I've been played super slow this week and need to save some pics for the next update so I have something to post next week :sweat_smile:
    57.png
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 I'm glad to hear the homeschool is going well, but I'm sure your kids are eager to get back to school and see their friends :smile: I agree with your husband -- distract yourself with sims! :wink: Yup, I number all of my pics so they upload in order and I can see how many pics I have more easily, and it's always between 50-75. I used to try to stick around 20-30, but I've been enjoying binge-playing then posting a bigger update.

Oh man, I loved this update so much. I mean, it really really makes me want to go camping in real life, which just hurts my soul cause 1) it's getting too cold and 2) covid travel warnings and all :tongue: But I'll just live vicariously through sims! It'll hold me over til next camping season at least lol. That cabin is perfect! I really want to makeover my Granite Falls at some point, I'd probably send my sims there a lot more often if I did lol. LOL I remember that dazed look all too well. I imagine it wasn't too difficult to find other things to do while that wore off :wink: Carter and Thalia are such an adorable couple in your game. That pic of them stargazing with the fireplace going in the background is just perfect :love: Omg omg omg! I was going to talk about how beautiful the national park is, but that proposal just topped it all! I had no idea how Carter would propose, but that just fit him and their relationship so well. Their dinner was perfect too! I want to fix that old lodge, it's so huge and not that well decorated :lol: But you made it look great in your pics lol. Especially the one with the moon rising behind them when they got their food :love: I've never figured out the skating thing! No matter what my sims do, they're awful at it. I wish it was it's own minor skill like bowling, cause at least then we could see the progress. Fishing, grilling marshmallows over the campfire, catching fireflies -- that was every trip to the lake I had as a kid. So many good memories lol. I love that Carter is taking up herbalism, he must've saw the value in all of those de-stressing potions :wink: Aw, I'm sad to see them go, but I'm glad to see them get back to regular life too. Thalia's gotta finish that degree :tongue: Bunny Day is a much better name than Egg Day, Idk why I didn't think of that :lol: It is kind of a weird holiday without kids, but adults still have fun collecting those eggs and I'll take any excuse for a "grand meal" (my favorite part of every holiday irl lol). Those pool pics!! :love: They're so bright and vibrant, I'm jealous!

So I mentioned this in my update but I wanted to elaborate a bit. The patch seems relatively stable, but it has messed with some cc skins. As for the EA "skin update," I don't really notice a difference? I was hoping they would fix the tones of some of the darker skin colors, because two of them look bright red and two are practically grey, but that hasn't changed. I'll post an unedited comparison of Thalia:
    thaliaskintoncompare.png
    If there's any different, it's barely noticeable to me. All I can even kinda see is her skin looks slightly darker now. The new hairs look amazing, especially the braided one. I never used to use the old braid one because it was too stiff looking. The new one reminds me of the Discover University and Eco Lifestyle hairs -- more movement, better baby hairs/bangs, etc. The medium fro is shaped better with a bit of a fade at the hairline. I really wish they would take the time to update all of the base game hairs after seeing what they did with those two, because there is just a HUGE difference in the quality of base game vs newer hairs.

@Wentcrazy I'm glad you made it safe and I'm sure you'll adjust to your new home quickly! I hope you find time to play, but take care of yourself first, we'll still be here once you're settled in :smile:

@debjameswhite Lol I see Sawyer is playing match-maker now :wink: I'm glad Selena likes this new guy though, she deserves to find love! Wow that moved quick, but I don't blame them, they both seem like great people so why wait! What a beautiful wedding!! Selena is absolutely gorgeous in her dress :love: I always look forward to your weddings because you have the best cc dresses (I'm still holding out hope for a wedding pack with more formalwear!). The couple's dance was awesome! Congrats Samara!! I was expecting Selena to be pregnant, but I'm happy for Samara too! WHAT??? I would be SO mad if a klepto sim stole something of sentimental value. I hate that trait too, it's hands-down my least favorite trait. Hmmm David Wolfe, have we seen him before?? Obviously he's a Wolfe, but I can't remember if there was a David... I'm so curious because anytime an old family member shows up there's a story behind it! I didn't know Lucia had the Master Chef aspiration -- she and Storm would get along great, I hope he meets her as a co-worker in my game because I added Sawyer's family in :blush: Congrats to Samara on her twins, and omg kittens, yay!! They are soooooo adorable! Luna is my fav too, that face is too cute. AHH Selena's prego yay! I'm glad to see Terrifying Toddler grew up to look like a normal sim :lol: I love when sims show a preference for a particular type of music, tv, etc. I can totally see Lachlan being a metalhead, especially with those air guitar skills! Are your sims losing relationship with other sims too quickly or did they just straight-up "forget" some sims? Is that from the new patch? That'd be a terrible new bug!
  • Options
    @Debjameswhite - I love how happy Selena is, you know she is my favorite! The wedding looked great and her new place is huge! Congrats on the new addition too ♥

@JordanNicoleJJ - Thanks for the heads up about the skins! EA will never come close to doing what the modding community has and it's sad. I mean on the one hand I am glad they made an attempt but also a wee bit annoyed it took this long. Anyway back to your update! I had not expected a second nooboo but I am glad Thalia was on board too. And yay a boy! Do you think they will try for more?
  • Options
    Where is everyone?? :bawling::bawling::bawling: I know why some people are less active, but there's others that are MIA like @Rhythrin @Francisca464 @IllusoryThrall etc. I miss you guys! Anyway, I've got a big update to post, then I hope to get to binge play for the rest of the day. Comments first though! :smile:

@debjameswhite - lol I don't think this last update was a hot mess, but I love that title. Sawyer befriending an international celebrity and then bringing him home from the library was pretty random :lol: Lucia looked pretty happy to be entertaining him. When he began flirting with Selena it became a little less random to me though :wink: I love the picture of him ordering at the restaurant. He looks like the celebrity he is, and very specific about how he wants his order. Patrick Wolfe is a great looking sim, it's no wonder he turned out so well with such a gorgeous mother though. You know out of all the dinner dates at the Oasis restaurant I've never seen any of our sims choose to eat on that couch lol Selena and Alex's date is now memorable for that moment. And of course the surprise proposal! I'm glad she said yes. Sometimes a whirlwind romance is the best romance :heart: I love her green formal dress btw. Her wedding dress is even better though :love: She looked so gorgeous! Her whole wedding was beautiful, it's gonna be hard to top that reception. I love the shots of Selena dancing, she looks like she's swaying her big dress around :heart: Congrats to her sister on her twins! And welcome to the new kitties! They have such cute names. I was so excited to see they were expecting kittens :smiley: I've never had an animal expecting in my game, how cute is it they run to share the big news with their partners too! "David Wolfe" hmmm :smirk::wink: Congrats on completing Lucia's aspiration! The new kittens are so adorable omg!!!! :love::love::love: Thank you so much for the kitten spam because I seriously cannot get enough of kittens lol I think Luna is my fav. The family shot of everyone but the cat lover holding a cat is too funny. Hailey's an elder :disappointed: I love that she came with gifts for her brother. Ugh I hate the relationship culling so much!!! I went into the NPC mod settings AND the MCC settings and turned all culling off, so far so good. Samara's twins are cute. Fashionably challenge :lol: but cute lol! Sawyer having to reintroduce himself to Tomas was super annoying. He's been coming for family holidays since he was a teen! How could he be forgotten?! Anyway I loved seeing Lachlan playing air guitar. I've never seen a sim do that before!

@JordanNicoleJJ - I updated after reading your comments about the new hairs. I agree, the braids one is a huge improvement, and the quality of the improved hair is much more like what we're use to seeing in the new packs. The afro style looks 10x's better with the fade they added too. I hope they'll update more of the base game hairs. The skin "improvement" is actually how I expected, which was to not be impressed. Let's be honest, if we have to look at the difference's under a microscope, that's not an improvement. I'm annoyed, but not surprised. Apparently ALL default skins broke, and I haven't seen any get updated yet. I did find a tutorial using SFS (a modding program) that was dumbed down enough that even I could follow and was able to fix my skins lol. So if you're like me and can't live without default skins I can link you to that lol. Anyway, I'm so glad you liked the Granite Falls update. It really made me wanna go rent a cabin and hideout from my problems for awhile :lol: I liked that picture of them stargazing with the fireplace smoke in the background too. The scenery in Granite Falls is to die for! If/when you start to rebuild Granite Falls let me know. Maybe we could share the lots that need to be redone to lighten the load?? @debjameswhite what do you think? And I thought you named your Easter holiday Bunny day lol that's why I named mine that. I didn't realize you called yours egg day. lol it's unique.

Your opening picture of Thalia in her new office space blew me away. I literally JUST converted that space into an office for Thalia in my game :lol: Like that is scary lol. Storm is the best Dad ever :heart: I love how he's taken over the parenting, and done such a great job. lol your Star Wars scare is like my worst nightmare. I'm fine with it being just regular nerds though :lol: It was adorable seeing Storm being all Mr.Mom with his slightly neglected niece lol. Storm had a strong argument for trying for another baby. I love the pic of Thalia finding out. That bathroom is goals for real. Thalia running to the treadmill the second she starts gaining weight is too funny. The picture of Storm making silly faces for Cleo is so cute! Yay spooky day! It's half off on Origin right now so I'm finally gonna buy it on payday and throw my own costume parties lol Anyway lol Raven looks completely baffled. Like she truly cannot grasp why all these people are so keen to keep reproducing :joy: I love her. Little Nicole grew up to be a cutie. I love that she was banished outside until she could behave :lol: Thalia sporting her Foxbury pride even in her zombie costume is perfect. It was nice to see her having time to spend with Cleo. Even if labor kinda cut it short. You're so lucky! A boy and a girl! Welcome baby Thad lol your Dad will take great care of you on the nightshift :wink: omg I'm so glad your foreshadowing of the thunderstorm wasn't someone getting electrocuted. As soon as I saw grumpy Haven with his umbrella I thought he was a goner lol! I kind of love that Cleo got the evil trait?! I've had evil sims and they're so entertaining. Look at how adorable Cleo looks with her maniacal laugh :joy: The rainy park pics, and her bedroom remake are perfect! And look at those basketball pics, she's still a Daddy's girl :smile:
  • Options
    MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Great updates. I need to catch up. Hi :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Evergreen Harbor - Generation 3 Update 4!

I wanna start this update by briefly showing you guys what Carter's siblings have been up to. I haven't done the best job of keeping up with them. I blame uni lol So Cassidy and her husband decided very late in life to start a family and now have a little boy. Carson and his wife also have a son, who's now a teen. And the twins, Chloe and Chelsea, are both married, but neither have any children of their own yet.
    A3AHn5Q.jpg

After returning from their Granite Falls vacation, Thalia returned to school, and Carter put off getting a job in the engineering field to focus on his Master Maker aspiration.
    SGpPZFm.png

He also began caring for bombardier beetles :grimace:
    Y1UouO5.png

His sister Cassidy stopped by one day and that's when I realized she was an elder now. :disappointed: Time is flying by in my game.
    sHNY4IZ.png

She's still obsessed with making de-stressing concoctions. Though she looks considerably more annoyed about doing it now in her old age lol
    uhdqj2o.png

Love day came and Carter took Thalia to Oasis Springs for the night. She's such a vixen, Carter's a lucky guy.
    P0wekHa.png

The flirtation between these two is nearly non stop. They really do have great chemistry.
    KlgCN7s.png

They both thoroughly enjoyed themselves, and you know Carter had to snap a pic of his experimental food.
    xDLXpdU.png

but they enjoyed themselves even more once they got back home. :wink:
    vLDE8Ut.png

Then came Fireworks day. Which was a complete wash out. Literally. :smirk: Carter invited his siblings and cousins over for a day of BBQ and swimming but the day did not go as planned...
    w6KcFH1.png

Apparently bombardier beetles are flammable? A plant near their habitat caught fire and couldn't be put out. Everyone was way too concerned with the fire to care about swimming.
    WFmPWAz.png

Eventually the fire went out (maybe the rain put it out?) and Carter finally got to show off his grill skills.
    CEdZDJb.png

But even Carter's perfectly cooked steak couldn't save this fireworks day. :neutral: There's always next year, and next year I'll remember to stock up on fireworks at the festivals in advance.
    jCBRuqK.png

Soon after, Carter's brother, Carson, dropped by for a visit. Everyone was hanging out in the living room, and out of the blue Carson starts flirting with and complimenting Thalia. She's a romantic sim, and to my surprise didn't turn down his advances. Despite the fact that her fiance was sitting right there!?! :dizzy:
    bIn61iC.png

I had hoped Carter wouldn't be too upset, it was just a compliment or two, but he was livid! And heartbroken of course :heartbreak: after witnessing his brother hit on Thalia a few times he let them both know how he felt about it. (seriously Carson was flirting up a storm with his brother's girl :grimace: )
    Mz5IhdM.png

For Thalia the interaction was genuinely innocent. She didn't think of it as flirting at all, but she understood why Carter viewed the interaction differently. Meanwhile Carson (who is his brother BFF I might add!) was just reveling in the destruction he'd caused. :expressionless:
    7aZwuLJ.png

Yeaaaaah... it was pretty bad. Thalia felt horrible about the whole thing.
    hXqgoGJ.png

Carter, who'd never hurt a fly, was ready to fight his brother, but he took the high road and kicked his brother out and told him never to come back. Poor Carter looks so betrayed. :disappointed: and he was.
    vRTeOEe.png

With Carson gone, Thalia went to kiss Carter on the cheek and apologize, but he was still seeing red...
    ysrKZkW.png

Thalia was absolutely stunned. Carter had never pushed her away before. She didn't know what to do.
    NAk3riQ.png

He was so angry she'd try to kiss him after the way she'd behaved. She clearly didn't understand what she'd done was wrong, and that made him even angrier.
    Bok5faa.png

Thalia went upstairs and cried under the covers. She was so scared she was losing Carter. (so was I! their romance bar plummeted so far!) that's when he came stomping into the bedroom.
    KDM8CHF.png
    fwiAzdm.png

She was even more confused when he pulled her into a frenzied kiss, but she wasn't about to tell him no.
    vRg3yFv.png

She took this as a good sign. He was angry, but he wasn't completely done with her. Right?
    pyPe5pa.png

But when he rejected any further advances, and the uncharacteristic scowl returned to his face, Thalia realized they'd both just have to go to bed angry, or risk further damage to their relationship.
    dzxdPnx.png

The next morning was tense. Thalia overslept and nearly missed her finals because of the fight the previous night. She returned home for breakfast even more anxious then she was before. Carter had cooled off and wanted to talk about what had happened, and how he'd reacted, but Thalia was so stressed and worried she'd failed her finals she wasn't having it.
    sY6zr8P.png

The mood in the house was very very very bad.
    QaX5LrQ.png

After taking some time to cool off (aka drink a few stress potions lol), Thalia apologized again, and this time Carter accepted her apology.
    dTYUARI.png

They "made up" in their fav closet. Which is now known as the makeup closet lol
    8zmUxly.png

Thalia received the news that she had passed her last two classes and headed to graduation the next day. College definitely did not live up to her expectations, and graduation day was the same, but at least she had done it! And at least there's one pic of her in her cap and gown as proof lol
    IoMazC7.png

She and Carter went to San Myshuno to celebrate that night.
    1GOSVtR.png

but the restaurant glitched and they ended up walking home in the rain exhausted and hungry, but still smiling!
    60w09wF.png

When they got home they ate and celebrated her graduation in their own way.
    2dHYgmj.png

Ever since they became a couple, I've been trying to figure out what kind of wedding I wanted them to have?? After Carter's little falling out with his brother, it was easy to decide on a private ceremony. So Cater and Thalia put on their best casual wedding attire and prepared to say I do on the beach! A beach wedding made sense since Carter loves the outdoors so much, and what girl doesn't love the beach?
    LaOyTBw.png

I am so annoyed with how these pictures turned out. They arrived in Sulani bright and early, at a time I thought the lighting would be perfect, but after seeing the pics... they all have a weird green tint to them. :bawling::bawling::bawling:
    k7w85lB.png

I took so many pics and these are the only ones decent enough to post.
    2zaHBrn.png

But they tied the knot, and are now finally and officially Mr. & Mrs. :heart:
    QUkAQ78.png

I do like this picture, I just wish I had fixed my default skin before having them take it. This was right after I updated and you can tell my default skin was broken. I fixed it after this though.
    i8phS2U.png

After their private ceremony, they rented a honeymoon suite on the same beach. Look familiar @JordanNicoleJJ :wink: and immediately jumped into the water to have some fun.
    iAcTjy7.png

First up, snorkeling!
    36zx1BC.png

This is their honeymoon, so of course there was lots of lovey doveyness going on :heart:
    204zWqp.png

They then headed back to their villa to soak up the sun. Carter in particular was lovin' life. :sunglasses:
    Uln2zY1.png

Then of course they had to test out the bed. :wink:
    neaRRJk.png

After some "alone time" they headed to a local restaurant in their beachy wedding attire. Unfortunately, all hope of having perfect dinner pics was lost when I realized that Sulani must have a "bag" nap in effect... :expressionless: whhhhhhhy?
    nHrruPc.png

With all other sims out of sight it was almost possible to pretend that nothing out of the ordinary was going on lol
    0iDlAEl.png

They were at at the most romantic and private table in the house, and love was definitely in the air. :heart:
    XM87QSW.png

Carter is always complimenting Thalia, he's so sweet to her.
    dov5CwZ.png

Once their food arrived Carter found the courage to approach a subject that had been on his mind for quite some time. He had come from a big family, and it was very important to him that he start a family of his own. With the both of them completing college, and about to begin their new careers, he thought now would be the perfect time to start trying for a baby. Thalia agreed! (let's pretend you can't see the waiter with his bag head plz :lol: )
    euuT5cw.png

Their table really was the most perfect spot in the restaurant :love:
    m0PyPGG.png

But when their bagged waiter returned and carried their plates away in a literal trash bag Thalia knew it was time to go :lol:
    DJaoM6v.png

They got to work on "trying" when they returned to their villa that night.
    5lNkLC6.png

For their final day in Sulani, Carter got to enjoy fishing in his swim trunks.
    zhX9cZP.png

and Thalia showed off her athleticism on a rental jetski.
    NhhnxJf.png

All in all their mini honeymoon was perfect :blush:
    O6DF8Xq.png

When they arrived home Thalia discovered that one try was all it took. She was expecting their first baby!
    t37LFqx.png

Carter's reaction was priceless! He was so genuinely excited :heart: He's the best.
    nQlVJqO.png

He even autonomously passionately kissed her. He's clearly proud of himself lol
    t3jl9AW.png

Thalia is now in her 2nd trimester, and it's just a waiting game until the baby arrives. :smiley:
    wHhGGFz.png

That's it for now. I haven't had anytime to play since this, but I hope to distract myself from my sons first day of kindergarten (and all the mental breakdowns and tears) by playing tomorrow :bawling: Happy Simming!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Here for some comments before I start typing up an update of my own! :smile:

@OJenn I agree that EA hasn't done much yet, but supposedly this is only "part 1" of the "skins update" -- they're supposed to be adding like 100 more skintone swatches and lighter/darker sliders for each swatch, as well as putting lighter/darker sliders on the makeup swatches so they'll work better with more skintones. I think that's supposed to be part of the big December patch. If EA can manage to pull it off, I'm really excited about it! As for Storm and Thalia, I don't think they'll try for more. I'm happy with 2 kids this generation (mostly because I don't have room for more bedrooms lol).

@Heckstress17 I saw on fb that your kiddos are off to school today, so I hope you have a great day of sims binging before they get home! :wink: If the empty house gets to you and you need someone to talk to, you can always message me on fb. I'm glad you found a way to update your cc skins, 'cause I figure it will be awhile before the actual cc creators get around to fixing everything (I don't even blame them if they don't bother trying since this was only "part 1" of the skins update anyway, there's supposed to be a LOT more coming in Nov or Dec that will probably break cc skins again lol). I don't use cc skins anymore, the only things in my mods folder are MCCC and NPCC 'cause ya'll made me realize I can't live without them :lol: But thanks for offering to share :blush: I get in random building moods sometimes, and since next generation is just an apartment reno I may start rebuilding Granite Falls next time I get the urge to build. I'm thinking one campsite, one small cabin for couples, one medium-large-ish cabin for families, a restaurant, and a spa. I have a vision in my head of what I want, I'm just not sure how to make it all come together yet :sweat_smile: Maybe I did name my easter holiday Bunny Day...I honestly don't remember :lol: When the Spooky Stuff pack came out I was so disappointed, mostly because we didn't have seasons so it was never relevant lol. But it pairs perfectly with seasons, so I totally recommend getting it now! I did get lucky this generation with getting a boy and girl right off the bat, but I was secretly hoping for 2 girls as I've only had male heirs so far lol. At least I got one girl, that's all that matters :lol: I'm kinda glad she got the evil trait too! It makes even more sense with the adult aspiration she rolled, and I'm actually pretty excited about it. I'm like 90% sure she'll be my heir lol.

I loved this update so much!! I don't blame Carter for waiting to start his job, the master maker aspiration takes a lot of work! Plus it would be annoying to have to swap around careers later just to complete the aspiration anyway. Cass is already an elder?! :flushed: Man time flies on normal lifespan! The pics of Carter and Thalia on their Love Day date are gorgeous :love: They are such gorgeous sims, and that restaurant is perfect. (Isn't that one you made when we briefly rebuilt Oasis Springs?? I always forget about that world lol). Thalia really is a vixen, part of me wishes you would've kept all the fishnets you originally gave her :wink::lol: What is that random fire?!?! I swear, fires are so buggy right now I'm tempted to just cheat it to never happen :tongue: It makes sense that those fire-y beetles cause fires, but that plant is no where near the bug box?! Eh whatever, at least the rain put it out lol. Sorry to hear your fireworks day didn't go as planned, but they look like they (sorta) had fun anyway :sweat_smile: Pro tip for the fireworks - you can purchase them through the computer under the "order..." option. There's so much cool stuff under that option now -- crystals, repair parts (suuuper handy for the engineer stuff), "gifts," etc. I remember way back when all you could order were books and medicine, oh how far the sims 4 has come :lol: wHAT CARSON WHY??? HOW COULD YOU?! Poor Thalia...you could really tell she was just taking it as a compliment, not real flirting, but poor Carter was devastated :bawling: I don't blame Carter for kicking him out and telling him to never come back. Man, that was such an emotional rollercoaster! Carter was so hot and cold with Thalia, I wouldn't know what to do either :grimace: I'm glad they eventually made up though. Congrats to Thalia for graduating! Yes yes yes I've been so excited for their wedding! And a Sulani wedding at that!! :smiley: The wedding spot you set up for them is PERFECT :love: I'm always so jealous of your Sulani pics, they've always looked so much better than mine even when you say they have a "green tint" (which I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't pointed it out :wink: ). The honeymoon shack!! It looks even better in your game too lol. What a gorgeous honeymoon. Sulani really is the best non-vacation-world vacation world ever :lol: Omg the bag NAP :lol: I've honestly wanted that in my game because I think it's hilarious, but a fancy, romantic seaside restaurant is not the place, EA! :lol: Still you managed to get gorgeous pics as always. That really is the best dining spot ever, hands down. And they're gonna start trying for a baby, yes!! I'm so excited for them!! :mrgreen: (I don't know what that emoji is supposed to be so I never use it lol, but it looks like a super excited face so there you go). I didn't even realize there was a fishing spot so close to that lot! That's perfect! And Thalia looks like such a bad *** on that jetski :sunglasses: AHHH YES NOOBOO INCOMING!! I can't wait to see what they have! No matter what I just know their kids are gonna be the cutest kids ever. I'm dying to see them! :heart:
  • Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi guys! Apparently my biggest talent is going MIA on this forum lol. Too bad it isn't something I can put on a resume and also I'm not particularly proud of it :bawling:

Anyway, a lot has happened. I've been sick, I was supposed to go on holiday to France but it was cancelled due to corona, then I got sick again, work got insanely busy after the holidays and now I'm in a sort of constantly tired mood. They found out my ferritin (iron in the blood) is low too, so that probably doesn't help a lot. My days are basically: get up, start work (from home), stop working, eat, crash on the couch, sleep.

Well, enough complaining, I can't make promises but the last few days I've been feeling a bit more energetic, so I hope to start my game again soon and also go through everything I missed. The last thing I saw was on page 14 I think, so I have a lot of stuff to read :yum: I also really want to get back into this with you all because I was really enjoying it before my life started to go 100 mph.
  • Options
    Hey ya'll, I know I promised an update like 2 days ago but I got distracted making a gene pool for Brindleton Bay :sweat_smile: I haven't been in the mood to play this week so far, probably cause I have a teen in-game and I honestly hate teens in this game lol. But I will start writing up that update and hopefully have it ready to post tomorrow :smiley: And it's officially my weekend so I'm also hoping to get back in-game soon, but if not I have enough pics for two updates so you'll still get your "regularly scheduled" updates for the foreseeable future lol. I may be a little less active until mid-November-ish as work will only get busier the closer it gets to the holidays, my best childhood friend is getting married at the end of the month, and my bday is in early Nov., so I'm about to be busy :grimace: My plan is to keep playing sporadically whenever I have time and try to maintain 1/week comments and updates but we'll see. I hope everyone else is doing well. It's been a little slow on this forum and I miss ya'll :blush:

@Francisca464 I'm sorry you've been busy and so sick! :confused: But I'm glad to hear you've felt a little more energetic lately and I hope you get to play & post an update soon -- I miss your Greenes :smiley: If you go back and read everything (you're a brave soul for that), don't worry about commenting on everything, just do whatever you have the energy for. @Heckstress17 @debjameswhite and I have basically been speedrunning this challenge so that's why there are so many pages :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @Heckstress17 - Wow, wow, wow! I can't believe Carson did that to his bro (well I suppose I can since he is an evil sim after all). Poor Thalia looked so sad, her and Carson both. I am so glad they were able to work things out and the private ceremony was really nice with Sulani as the backdrop. I'm excited to see how their nooboo turns out, fingers crossed they get a little bit of both of them ♥

@Francisca464 - Oh no I am glad you are feeling better. And I know you're always here lurking about ♥
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    In my last update we learned that everyone was pregnant! Jade was and her sister in-law, Amaya.
    e4dfa2b13b.jpg

No one was more excited than Momma Iris, she was getting three grandbabies all in one go!
    f8ec9450e7.jpg

And when Evie, Jordan's mom found out she was already grandma she rushed right over to meet her little Iris.
    08ef58a0dd.jpg

She is such a cutie, I love her.
    cc59909f07.jpg

523e837587.jpg

Eventually, Iris went into labor and had a baby boy, they named Gideon
    bec3706592.jpg

He was a quiet baby object I aged him up right away because I wanted him to bond a little with his sister, Iris.
    d643703a97.png

Amaya also gave birth, on Jade's doorstep to twins! (No idea why she stopped by in labor lol)
    476b94245d.jpg

But back to Gideon, I love him already I swear these children are too cute for their own good. He actually reminds me a little of his Grandpa, Trey
    415f610de9.jpg

49b8cc7285.jpg

When Jade isn't in mom mode she is tending to her other babies, most plants in her garden are excellent
    59ff5140b0.jpg

Which makes me wonder how this keeps happening, I think the inspector is a bit blind maybe :open_mouth:
    0e864df81e.png

Inspector aside Jade managed a promotion finally since she worked on her skills so much during pregnancy
    0d55d81bb3.png

And then they got the call I've been dreading since Iris and Evie started graying
    509b53437a.png

3d6242564b.png

Even Aiyden was sad, he and Evie had become really good friends afteral
    25ff2b83d3.png

And then if that wasn't bad enough, Amaya's pet cat Fluffy passed away too. This family can't catch a break.
    3eb0462ef9.jpg

Iris and Aiyden were reminded how short life was and they book a vacation to Selvadorada.
    ba3d5359d9.jpg

475c44f7d9.jpg

605a77cdd8.jpg

Eventually the doom and gloom in the house subsided and even little Iris' mom dropped by for a visit.
    0769d5fe5b.jpg

She is sweet with Iris even if she is a vampire-mom
    d06b6708d3.jpg

Soon enough it was time for Iris to age up and become a child, with her grandparents out of town the party was small but her aunts and uncles were there. (Don't mind her mom she was not loving this daylight party)
    51d0e5cab8.jpg

Her first act as a child was to immediately get in trouble with her step-mom :#
    383116c15f.jpg

She inherited her fathers glutton trait as you can see and I am still not sure if she looks more like her mom or dad
    56f49692fd.jpg

bf39605e82.jpg

With age comes a room makeover and Iris got a bright new room
    a557dcd09e.jpg

911d34277b.jpg

cf36d94823.jpg

I'll leave it here but I have enough for another update. I am going to be moving this weekend so I won't get time to play but I'll be lurking as always.
  • Options
    Update: Rebuild Evergreen Harbor (Gen 3)

I'm pretty sure that having an evil sim in my game has changed the weather for the worse, because the fog and storms did not let up for all of the fall season :grimace: I mean...I'm not complaining too much because I love foggy, stormy weather personally lol, but it's still suspicious...
    1-1.png

The mood was just as dark inside as it was outside. Evil Cleo was on a rage-y rampage after her first day of school, and Storm got the brunt of it.
    2-1.png

Honestly though how can I even be mad when her angry face is so cute?? :lol:
    3-1.png

Thaddeus' toddler birthday came just in time -- now Storm has another, much better behaved child to dote on :blush: Thaddeus got the Clingy trait upon aging up, which we all know is one of my least favorites, but I think it's for the best in this case 'cause Storm is pretty clingy too :lol:
    4-1.png

My first thought was "oh great, a Storm clone" but after comparing Cleo and Thaddeus' toddler pics they look different enough to lead me to believe they're both decent mixes. Thaddeus at least got Thalia's skintone and eye shape, and it's too early to tell on face shape.
    5-1.png

He aged up with lots of white & navy, so I kept the palette but made his outfits a little more fashionable lol. Shown below: everyday, sleep, party, hot, cold.
    6-1.png

Storm was so excited to have another little one in the house, he took family leave from work to spend more time with Thad. They bonded really quickly, and of course Thad LOVED all the attention :wink:
    7-1.png

8-1.png

9-1.png

The family was busy grinding skills and homework for awhile, and I forgot to take pics of most of it, but I made sure to capture a new "first" in this save -- a vampire actually came to the house!! I was kinda starting to miss those late night visits from Vlad, and this vampire is much easier on the eyes lol. Cleo immediately befriended her, because evil child needs an evil mentor, right?
    10-1.png

The vamp got real creepy real quick once Cleo went to bed. She was teleporting all over the house, and eventually I found her in Thad's nursery :flushed: The only logical explanation is that she wants Cleo to be the heir, so she's planning ten different ways to get rid of the "competition."
    11-1.png

"Aha -- I will make it seem like an accident! I see a swimming pool outside this human infant's window. I could simply remove the pool ladder and..." (Okay enough of the creepy vampire lady, I forced Cleo to send her home after she just stood there for like an hour :lol: )
    12-1.png

After all of the skill grinding they'd done, I decided they deserved a break and planned a chill Harvestfest. Storm didn't feel up to "entertaining," so he only invited his parents. Thalia actually had class that morning too, so they all just hung out and talked while they waited for her to get home.
    13-1.png

Storm thought it was a good time to try to spark some interest in fabrication in the youngest Greenes. Thaddeus didn't understand a word Storm was saying, but Cleo seemed mildly interested. Maybe candle-making would be good for her...it could spark a tiny glimmer of light in her dark, dark soul? :sweat_smile:"Serenity by Cleo" (office reference for anyone who watches it)
    14-1.png

Once Thalia got home and changed into some nicer clothes, Storm "properly" called everyone to dinner. He had made the classic Harvestfest dinner -- turkey, mashed potatoes, and greens -- plus a fruit cobbler for desert :yum: Evil Cleo didn't even wait for everyone to sit down before she served herself a plate and dug in :lol:
    15-1.png

I didn't get any good pics of dinner or goodbyes, but it was nice seeing Cleo bond with her grandparents a little. After Haven and Suri went home, Storm and Thalia kicked back and turned on the soccer game. I made "watch sports" a Harvestfest tradition because we always watched football after Thanksgiving dinner in my family, and it just happened to be the perfect holiday tradition for a these active sims.
    16-1.png

Even Cleo tolerated "the competition" (for the time being) and actually seemed to enjoy herself. Ah Harvestfest, bringing dysfunctional families together :relieved::lol:
    17-1.png

After the game, Storm and Thalia took the kids down to the park for some exercise and as a reward for being so good at dinner. Cleo took full advantage and knocked out one of the last stages of her aspiration -- monkey bars.
    18-1.png

20-1.png

Thad loved the toddler jungle gym. So far he's just as active as the rest of the family! (Also I can't believe I fit that huge, monstrous thing into a normal-looking park. I even used the one with the ball pit! I'm proud of myself lol. The build is up on my gallery page if anyone wants it.)
    21-1.png

19-1.png

Thad's still a super clingy tod though and needed mama's help on the slide. He climbed all the way to the top of the jungle gym and hung over the edge like a little daredevil, but the tiny toddler slide was "scary"...okay lol.
    23-1.png

24-1.png

Cleo got bored of the monkeybars (really she just didn't want to share with that other kid who was there lol) and moved on to the kid jungle gym. I could totally see her being a bad *** astronaut someday (probably smuggling illicit alien goods though lol).
    22-1.png

She's growing up so fast...she wasn't even scared of Storm's sea monster impersonation, in fact, she rolled her eyes at him! I honestly felt a little bad for Storm :confused:
    25.png

When they got home, Cleo made it up to him by kicking around the soccer ball for awhile. Note to Storm: she definitely prefers more mature activities lol. At the end of the day, it was the perfect holiday. I'm totally planning more "chill" holidays in the future.
    26-1.png

With Harvestfest over, they were back to the grind. Thalia was almost finished with her last semester of college, and Cleo was working hard on her typing skills to win her little typing game. This family isn't super close like talking and hugging all the time or anything, but they make a point to at least do their separate activities in the same room which I think counts as "spending time together" lol.
    27-1.png

She did it -- aspiration complete! :smiley:
    28-1.png

Thalia was stressin' the weekend before finals and asked her best friend Cassidy to come over and help take her mind off it. They talked for hours about the kids and just life in general. Cassidy reassured her that one "bad" trait doesn't make a "bad" kid, in her case or Cleo's. Thalia couldn't argue with that, because Cass wouldn't be quite the same without her little bit of craziness :heart:
    29-1.png

After their long chat, they zoned out on some video games until Cassidy needed to go home to make dinner for her family. They seriously have the best friendship ever, I love them so much :blush:
    30-1.png

Finals came and went -- Thalia got all A's! She graduated with a straight A+ GPA. Cassidy had already graduated, but her little brother Carter was in Thalia's graduating class and it was nice seeing a familiar face as she didn't recognize any of the other graduates.
    39-1.png

Storm ran into Bro Friend -- apparently he STILL hasn't graduated :joy: Storm totally called him out on it too.
    Bro Friend: "Why would I ever want to leave college?! Hot chicks, parties, soccer -- this is the life, man!" I mean, can't fault him for that :wink:
    41-1.png

Storm (and I) missed the cap-toss thanks to Bro Friend aka The Distraction :tongue: And by the time I got back over to Thalia, I noticed her giving Carter some looks... @Heckstress17 I'm pretty sure they're meant to be, cause you just can't deny that chemistry -- it's there even though she's a married woman in my game :lol:
    42-1.png

I hurried them home before I got any ideas about breaking up their marriage and immediately had Thalia apply for jobs as a professor. It took all of two minutes for her to get a call back -- Foxbury was happy to have her stay on as a researcher/professor :smiley:
    43-1.png

She got right to work on her brand new (ridiculously expensive :flushed: ) research machine and somehow magically transferred all of her knowledge into it.
    50-1.png

And with that -- she completed her aspiration as well!!
    51-1.png

Buuut the news was immediately overshadowed by a horrifying call from Suri. Haven had passed away :bawling: I honestly thought they had more time and was really not expecting it, so it hit me pretty hard. RIP Haven :cry: Suri also said she would be moving back to Evergreen Harbor to be closer to family (she moved in with Blaze and Kate, they obviously need a nanny since neither are great parents lol).
    31-1.png

It definitely hit Storm the hardest though. Of course Cleo was happy about it (and her father's misery), which definitely didn't help the situation :grimace:
    32-1.png

The only thing that lifted Storm's spirits was sweet little clingy Thaddeus. It was the perfect time to have a clingy toddler, because Storm was definitely clinging onto him :heart:
    33-1.png

Storm and Thad's relationship was honestly perfect, and not just because of Haven's passing. Thad needed near-constant attention, and Storm needed to raise his parenting skill to finish his aspiration (plus it's his random hobby), so it was a win-win-win.
    34-1.png

In the throes of grief, Storm managed to complete his aspiration as well. I'm so proud of this sim :blush:
    35-1.png

And he immediately chose another one! Since I messed up when he was a teen and accidentally started on Master Chef, I figured I may as well finish it. All he needed to do was cook some food and throw a dinner party, easy peasy.
    36-1.png

Before I knew it, it was already winter and time to decorate! They strung up a ton of wreaths and icicle-looking lights, making them the most festive house on the block -- Blaze and Raven are slackin' :tongue::wink:
    45-1.png

They went all out with the inside decor too, including a giant nutcracker lol. I opted for a pre-decorated tree this time, because honestly this family feels like a "fake, pre-decorated tree" kind of family :lol: I also realized that there are some pretty snowflakes under the 'pictures and posters' decor that make great window decals if sized down! At least Thalia appreciated my ingenuity lol.
    37-1.png

The very next day, Cleo made a "friend" at school. Well, I got the pop-up asking if she could bring a friend home (which of course I accepted because I don't see her having very many friends with her little attitude problem :lol: ), but all they did was pick on each other and fight the whole time :grimace:
    47-1.png

48-1.png

Cleo told her "friend" to get lost, then stormed around the house yelling at no-one in particular until she felt better lol.
    49-1.png

When Thalia heard about what happened, she told Cleo that if the fight was her fault, she needed to make it right, and if it was the other girl's fault, she needed to let it go and focus on her grades rather than mean schoolgirls. Of course Cleo blamed it on the other girl (to be fair, she actually did have the Mean trait lol), so Thalia sat Cleo down and made her do her homework AND extra credit. She's a tough love kind of mama.
    38-1.png

I feel like I kinda forget about Thaddeus sometimes :grimace: He definitely doesn't get enough love, so here are some cute pics I got of him playing the morning of his birthday :sweat_smile:
    52-1.png

He's such a sweetie -- when he can't cuddle with Storm, he cuddles with his favorite bear (one that Suri knitted) :heart:
    53-1.png

Thaddeus' birthday was kind of "just another day" -- everyone else still had to go to work/school -- but Storm called all of the family up and invited them over for a big party later that night. Guests started arriving as soon as he got home from work, but they were pretty chill and just hung out in the kitchen while he made the food for the party. Bro Friend was the first to arrive and admire his cooking skillz.
    54-1.png

Blaze and Kate arrived not long after, then Laurent and Raven. Thaddeus wanted to hang out with the guys too, and no one can say no to the birthday boy, so childfree Uncle Laurent was put on babysitting duty lol. The poor guy looked so uncomfortable :lol:
    56-1.png

Even Eve made an appearance! She didn't stick around long (she never does, I have no idea why :confused: ), but it was great getting to see her again :blush: Eden's side of the family came all the way from San Myshuno, and I noticed that Eden and Suri had both aged up into elders. Kinda bittersweet, like I was expecting it but I'm not ready for the inevitable death notifications :confused:
    58-1.png

Storm was cooking for almost the entire time, in between saying hi to guests of course. He eventually finished the cake -- a simple cheesecake -- and it was time to blow out the candles!
    60-1.png

Also, by cooking so much during the party, he finished his second aspiration!
    61.png

You might be wondering, "why so much fuss for a toddler party??" and you'd be right, I'd never go all out like that on just any birthday party lol. But at some point during the day I realized Storm was due to age up too, and I figured the party was already planned so why not make it a double-birthday. Storm blew out the candles first since it was significantly less exciting than a toddler aging up lol. Welcome to middle age, old man! :wink:
    62.png

Then it was Thaddeus' turn. Note that Storm got like two pathetic handful of confetti, whereas Thaddeus got an entire room full of confetti and noise machines -- I think it's pretty obvious who the guests were there to see lol.
    63.png

I really can't catch a break with the bad traits this generation :lol: He rolled Gloomy for his first trait, which Cleo is just gonna love (tbh I love it too but I still feel bad for the kid, unlike Cleo lol). I am excited about his Whiz Kid aspiration though, because I haven't had that one yet.
    t-child.png

Here he is in all of his child glory! He's a super cute kid. He definitely got Thalia's eyes and Storm's nose, still not quite sure on lips/face shape yet. I'm still leaning more toward Cleo for heir, but Thaddeus isn't out of the running yet.
    64.png

And here are all of his cute outfits! I gave him glasses 'cause I thought he looked super cute in them and it fits his nerdy mental aspiration lol. I also tried to keep his color palette of white and navy, but I ended up going with black and maroon on some outfits cause I thought it flattered him + fit his "darker" gloomy side. In order: 2 everyday, formal, athletic, sleep, party, hot, cold.
    65.png

The party ended almost immediately after he aged up because it took so long to cook all of the food, and everyone was tired and ready to go home/go to bed anyway so goodbyes were quick and I didn't get any pics. So last but certainly not least -- a room tour! I initially went with darker colors to play up his gloominess, but ultimately settled on a brighter, softer, "academic" theme to represent his whiz kid side and how sweet he was as a toddler. I'll leave this update here, cause it seems like I end every update with a birthday/room tour nowadays :lol:
    66.png

67.png
  • Options
    @OJenn I think you accidentally @'d me instead of @Heckstress17 in your comments - she has an evil Carson, I have an evil Cleo :sweat_smile: I'm so happy for grandma Iris -- going from 0-3 grandkids all at once! Little Iris is such a cutie! That hair bow and dress match perfectly! Gideon is so cute, omg :love: I love seeing the toddlers bonding. Congrats to Jade on her promotion! I've had issues with inspectors saying I'm not in compliance with NAPs too, but for me it's the Eco-Friendly Appliances that gives me trouble. Oh no...not Evie, she was so excited to be a grandma :frowning: At least Iris took a potion of youth, because I'm not ready for her to go yet! Aiyden and Iris' Selvadorada vacation looked so relaxing! Lol I still haven't come to terms with little Iris' vampire-mom yet. She seems like a nice vampire though...she didn't try to eat anyone at the party, so that's good! I can totally see both parents in child Iris! She's super cute. Her new bedroom is perfect :love: I love the bright whites & calm pastels, so pretty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top