Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi guys! I guess... better late then never?? :sweat_smile: I told you I was coming back last week, but I forgot I still had dozens of hours of video lessons to catch up before the holidays, so I decided to focus on uni a little longer until I was fully done with it (third and final year of this bachelor degree is HELL on earth). I'm also officially on vacation from today, from work too!, so I'm jumping back into the forum and trying to catch up with your updates as fast as I can. Forgive me if I'm a little lost. I probably won't get super into detail with the replies as I totally erased everything that was going on before my hiatus.
    I also plan to post an update tomorrow, after I jump back into the game (it's been.... a while :grimace: ). I probably won't have a wintery update to share, but at least it'll be something :sweat_smile:

Now, back to all the updates I've missed...

@Wentcrazy I probably will say this a ton in this post, but... I've missed so much while I was gone :sweat_smile::bawling: man, I forgot how r i p p e d Rose was lol. You truly have a storm of blondies in your game :wink: Samuel and Layla are sooo cute together :bawling: but Helena and Brooks are a close second. OMG a nooboo already??? Can't wait!

@JordanNicoleJJ if there's one sim I hadn't forgotten, that's my boi Storm <3 the king of aspirations :joy: (really, how do you manage to have a sim complete soooo many??) I loved your wintery update with the latest EP! I can't wait to play with it, I've bought it when it was released but I never found the time to launch the game yet :bawling: (soon). Cleo is soooo pretty. And charismatic, which is what actually truly matters! It's always so fun when you find that one sim that's so full of personality, right? The vacation looked amazing. Thaddeus grew up into such a cute sim! I can't believe the ooopsie baby :joy: I just love the fact that Cleo and Kaori had their first kiss with Pablita-mist in the background :joy: ICONIC. Aaaaand of course you're already on to gen 4! Cleo is 100% a Thalia/Suri lovechild :joy: she has a lovely new neighbor, I see :smirk: but most importantly: Sheila!! I love her! I can't believe the makeover you gave Caleb Vatore! He's stunning. I love your storytelling, you always make your sims' lives so intriguing! I'm not sure what happened in that vampire night club but OMG PABLITA I truly hope Cleo doesn't get into any trouble with her, I fear she might actually be a dangerous one lol. What is happening with Gabe???? :joy: Vampire!Cleo is out of control and I'm here for it :joy:

@OJenn I just learned about your sister having triplets and covid! I'm both super excited (triplets??? wow) and worried. I hope she's well by now and that the kids are ok. Take care during the holidays <3 I'll try to send positive vibes all the way from Italy (my comment is going to arrive so late :sweat_smile: but I think that both Gideon and Hyden looked like a really good mix of their parents.) Hayden is such a gorgeous sim! I love that you went for @JordanNicoleJJ 's shell, it looks like we're all going for it! :joy: the vacation looked amazing!!

@EMSimmer30 there was so much in one update from you I was completely lost :joy: I'm sorry :sweat_smile: but I wanted to say that all your sims are super adorable and kudos to you for playing celebrity sims! I still get stressed thinking back to the time I played with the celebrity system in the game.

@Heckstress17 I just learned about you and your entire family being sick with covid :cry: I truly hope everything's got better by now, especially for your little ones. I'm sending a super late virtual hug your way <3

@debjameswhite how I've missed reading your updates! :bawling: you're always amazing with your house decor. I guess I forgot you picked Lachlan for heir?? I'm excited about him and I can't wait for more! <3

@Francisca464 life really does get busy sometimes, right? I'm glad to know you'll be back too! <3

@MayaRose1138 I'm excited to see you joining the challenge! <3
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Kiwicantdie - congrats on getting through to your vacation time! Does that mean you’ve actually finished your degree? If so, well done! If not, just hang in there 🤣

In a question not related to the challenge, has anyone had two sims abducted by aliens on the same night, at virtually the same time? Xen was asleep in his bed, woke up and went outside to be abducted (he’s the only sim who is happy about this, being an alien himself.) However, I noticed that Leia was also awake, so I checked and she had also been abducted (she’d had her YA birthday that day). She arrived back about 30 sim minutes before her father, dazed, so I’d say her first contact with her alien family didn’t go well 🤣🤣. Jade is the one that gets taken most frequently but even though she was outside working on the rocket ship at the time, the aliens took two who were sleeping!

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate it! 🎄
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone! This group is one of the things I'm grateful for. <3

@JordanNicoleJJ I spent like 30 minutes just going through the genepool again when all I meant to do was look at what Gabriel's name was. OMG Sheila! I love her!! Awww Gabriel seems really sweet :) Does he know what he's getting in to?? hehe Oh No I never thought about how it would be to have a dog in an apartment in sims. Ewww! Poor Sheila! Did she take care of business during the walk? I've never had a sim dog do anything other than walk on a walk. Look how adorable she looks curled up on the sofa!! I like the lights over her bed too! Good idea! OH NO!! How did that even happen with him being in the played houses??? Grr!!! His new wife is adorable and that just makes it worse. Poor Cleo. Oh my gosh how much drama did he bring to the apartment complex? OOOOOO Caleb!!! Oh I like how this story is going. awww I want to say poor Cleo...but this is what she wanted so... I'm glad Sheila didn't care about the transformation. I like that she went home when her dad called her but I have to wonder what game Gabe is playing!! Oooo good thing she went home! Wow! I never knew Forgotten Hollow was so pretty! Great shots!! Things seemed to be going so well and then Pablita!! Seriously Caleb who just leaves a baby vampire alone to fend for herself?? OH look at her kiss Gabe...poor Chelsea...I hope Gabe gets some heartache too! Haha I love Cleo holding his clothes hostage for a signature. I love an evil vampire who cares about the environment! I can't wait to see what Mrs. Walker said!

@Francisca464 <3 I'm always so happy to see you. Keep doing that even if you don't play!!! Playing would be best though. :)

@Kiwicantdie <waves wildly> I'm glad you're surviving! I'm looking forward to when you can update again.

@Wentcrazy I love seeing what all the teens are doing. I couldn't help thinking when you said things had been quiet and then you were like "the teens" Let's go look for trouble!! That girl with the pink hair is so pretty! The ones you said were not an official couple really are cute! It's so funny you said you had minor heir regrets. Just before I read that I thought, "He would make a good heir!" ooo somehow I missed that Rose and Zeke were building a rocket! Oh I'm glad things are going well with Helena and Brooks. I like him. Aww hooray! An engagement!! Winterfest seemed so nice in your game :) They looked like they had a good time. Aww and then Shiloh. You did warn us but still. OMG Helena...glad you're not rushing things!! I like your little recap at the very end. Made me laugh!

@OJenn I love that you're playing in the same house!! Way to go Hayden! 2 degrees? That is torture...really I should be saying way to go @Ojenn!!! Ooops the sadness of feeding a vegetarian wrong! I've avoided that trait ever since my last Vegetarian. I can't even remember who it was but she was miserable!! Oh Gideon with Thalia! I love it. Oooo Laurent Collins! Most popular sim ever! He'd be even more popular if people saw how you styled him. He looks amazing! I love how annoyed Hayden looks. The part about the garden not counting though. I'm annoyed too.

I love how you decorated outside. It looks great. (I'm hoping as I read through this I'll learn you do not have covid. <fingers crossed>). No such luck so I'm hoping for the best. Let us know when you can <3

• Options
    Merry Christmas & happy holidays to all of you my dear friends <3
    I hope that you'll be able to spend time with your family with all the safety precautions necessary. Have fun and most of all try to rest a little 'cause 2021 is right around the corner :joy:
    I have a tiny update to share, not wintery/Christmasy at all tbh, but I promised I was going to post so here I am lol. The next one will fit much more the theme :tongue:
    I had a ton of free time to play yesterday, so I'm finally speeding through the challenge.
    Evergreen Harbor: Generation 2 / Update 4

Brief recap 'cause I'm sure nobody remembers my poor Greenes :tongue:
    My gen two heir, Max Greene, got together with Kori Porter, a multi-universe crossover love-child.
    After going out on a date once, they accidentally got pregnant.

v7jCqCp.png

That pregnancy turned out to be twin boys: Ryder (on the left, a Rambunctious Scamp) and River (on the right, a Social Butterfly). Both seem to be really good mixes of their parents' features.

xvAtIx1.png

I also already rolled their future traits from the moment they aged up:

Ryder

1VvOJHj.png

And River

dhixeuX.png

I found both to be adorable and, for a while, I couldn't decide on which one to pick as gen 3 heir. But I'll be sharing my final decision at the end of this update :sweat_smile:
    (Also, @JordanNicoleJJ I couldn't play that much longer in your beautiful park 'cause the neighbors kept stealing objects and destroying it right in front of my eyes :cry: worst n.a.p. ever!)

xnE6igc.png

I've speeded through their childhood to get ahead with this challenge, so the following pics are very much random/silly little moments. For example, like mother like son :tongue:

SrpsImY.png

bmEecDw.png

Max worked in the gaming industry for a while for his life aspiration, so he got a bit of skills to share as a dad.

U0OU3Sa.png

Ryder took after dad much better than River, who was always busier trying to get to know other sims than spending his time inside playing videogames.

0qOECEp.png

Like, for example, figuring out who was knocking on the front door in the middle of the night.
    Uh-oh. I wouldn't be exposing my neck like that, River :sweat_smile: you're lucky that Pablita doesn't like children's blood.

pFNOK8F.png

River ain't scared of nothing. Best friend with a master vampire? Why not.

tsfoxxN.png

Before I could get reacquainted with the game and the family, it was already time for Max to age up into an adult. Somehow, I love him much more with this mature makeover.

3DHenDc.png

Kori agrees :smirk:

DJxJJv8.png

But it was also time for her to grow some white hair not many days after!

A8iVmPI.png

Mas started working as a laborer like he was supposed to. Since he got a ton of free time after quitting his old tech job, he decided to use it to skill up on his hobby (I almost forgot I rolled that!)

QcAvrPW.png

... he had much more trouble leveling up his fabrication skill :sweat_smile: grandpa Aiyden's facepalming from above the clouds.

EEOI9Lp.png

The family spent most of their summer afternoon at the park with the rest of the Porters.

Y8FMl4E.png

One night, Max and Kori decided that they were old enough to call each other husband & wife and that they didn't need any fancy ceremony.

v04CtlB.png

They never had a problem as a couple even after their oopsie pregnancy, but I would say that after they eloped, they somehow got even better.

aL6gwVX.png

BFBLznD.png

(luckily, sìno further oopsie pregnancy happened yet :joy: )

7zDo2VH.png

As for Kori, she's doing amazing as a Super Parent... but I'm afraid I won't be able to complete her aspiration. Leveling up the parenting skill is way harder than I thought.

haJXd3t.png

I'm trying really hard to get her there, but it takes a lot of time and effort.

zQRmuk6.png

And sometimes the kids just don't want to collaborate.

jZE6j2h.png

... life as a parent, am I right? :joy:

dOv0Jsc.png

In the final days as kiddos, Ryder and River got to complete their childhood aspirations + get a boost in their knitting skill thanks to Max's patience.

L0vSRLX.png

N4DuSM2.png

They spent the rest of their free time hanging out with the rest of their big family in San Myshuno.

O88bnPp.png

RekPd2X.png

ANR7Rzr.png

Kori tried some karaoke but got... uhm... jumpscared by a very displeased Pablita :joy:

0rnf8pB.png

P: "For the love of God, why are you screeching like that? Even Vlad can sing better than that!" :joy:

9oAQ7p9.png

Luckily, Kori got company and at least he sang much much much better :smirk:

fAllaen.png

Then, it was time for birthdays! Ryder and River aged up surround by a sea of tiny cousins which I'll update to the family tree on a later date :joy:

uHGvlag.png

Max also learned about his twin sister Maddy's pregnancy. She was expecting a little girl <3

Dl9vsTI.png

Time to age up!

3qBtrZx.png

Aaaaand the final reveal: Ryder Greene

Aj7PBhx.png

And River Greene

5TZWJ0L.png

I'll have a better genetic comparison edit once they age up into adults, but for the time being here they are.
    I'm actually really pleased with both. I like Ryder's features just a tiny bit more than River's. HOWEVER :joy: --- I took a deep look at Kate and Thalia as future mates and I caved. I'll most definitely pick Thalia, so Ryder won't do as he has the same eyes and hair color. My precious pink boi River will do. Somehow, I always end up going for the "flower boy" :joy::joy::joy:

Here's a final look at their teen outfits. I tried to keep their toddler/child color scheme, but Ryder got a little bit "darker" to fit his future as a criminal boss :tongue:

CZLpeNb.png

C3k0cwN.png
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Just had to share - bi-weekly townie update and three of my male sims were involved! Luke, Jade’s older brother whose wife recently died, has switched teams and gotten Travis Scott pregnant with a boy! Obi-Wan, who is already having a baby with Nawai, got Liberty Lee pregnant with a girl! (I’ve moved them all in together - should be fun 🤣). And Poe got Summer Holiday pregnant but the game cancelled it. Liberty, Travis and Summer all lived together, and with Liberty already having toddler twins and Summer having a toddler girl, poor Summer missed out.

But I’ve moved Poe in with her, Travis in with Luke, and Liberty in with Obi-Wan. Once I see who Obi-Wan wants to be with, I’ll kick the others out. I’ve also marked Travis and Luke to get married (hopefully) and if Poe can get together with Summer, I’ll see if I can arrange that too!

Edited: the game named Obi-Wan’s son Benny - highly appropriate 😂. I would leave it at that except that Leia’s son needs to be named Ben, and I’m not having cousins with such similar names. So I will rename Benny to Kenobi, and give his daughter when she’s born the name Siri - Obi-Wan’s love interest in the books.
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Kiwicantdie - So happy to see you update and I have to say I love how the twins turned out! River is still my favorite because his pink scheme ♥ but I will say that Ryder does look great with his big boy makeover. Pablita's cameo was so fantastic and unexpected, I love her reactions to Kori's singing. I love how Kori just completely ignore her while she jammed out.
  • Options
    BrilliantDisasterBrilliantDisaster Posts: 106 Member
    Hello. If I play this may I use any of the founders in any of the worlds?
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Sorry I haven't been back to comment/post an update yet! The holidays have been busier than I anticipated. I'm hoping things calm down in the next couple of weeks so I can return :smile:

@BrilliantDisaster Welcome to the thread! You can choose any founding couple and any world on the first page. The founding couples aren't made for specific worlds, but some couples do have aspirations/traits from specific EPs (i.e. the U'lahu couple was made with Island Living, the Greenes with Eco Lifestyle). If you choose founders that have an aspiration or traits that you don't have in your game, swap them out for something similar or generate new ones randomly with the randomizer on the front page. The "main" rule of this challenge is to use the floorplans and gene pool associated with the world you choose, little details like specific traits aren't quite as important. :smile:
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ Thank you. I hope your life calms down for you soon.
  • Options
    I took The Greene Founders and placed them in Brindleton Bay and I built their home but have not landscaped yet. I do not have Eco Living pack.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @OJenn feels good to be able to update now that I'm on vacation :sweat_smile: (the calm before the storm lol... I truly fear January and how busy it'll make me). I'm glad you like River! Tbh I really like Ryder but he has a ton of "Austin" genetic features that he got from his mom and I'm really over them at the moment :sweat_smile: River's more fun overall. I love his pink color scheme too <3 it fits him so well??? Hope all is well with you and your family :blush:

@JordanNicoleJJ don't worry about the forum and have fun during the holidays!! <3 I'll be patiently waiting for your comeback :wink:

@MayaRose1138 great bi-weekly update!! <3 tbh you really make me want to give some love to the townies and play them.

@BrilliantDisaster welcome to the challenge!! <3 I'm happy that you joined!
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I told you I finally had the time to bing play TS4, so here comes another - much more wintery - update :wink:

Evergreen Harbor: Generation 2 / Update 5

Life in the Greene household with twin teens is going as smoothly as you can imagine.
    Max's (hates children :tongue: ) mood has finally changed for the better while Kori can relax a bit from her parenting skill grind.

vU7Rok3.png

I already loved these two a lot as toddlers and kids (despite the freaking twin pregnancy :rage: ), but now that they're teens I can officially say they're among my favorite sims ever. They have incredibly different personalities.

zDeJGew.png

Like, River would totally wear some much-needed makeup :joy:

VwOsdiR.png

And Ryder, future criminal mastermind & Oracle (from the job I rolled), has already been Ryder-ing one day after entering teenhood.

FSKps6K.png

However, I was growing veeeery tired of Port Promise, its sunny summer days, and weirdo neighbors.

J0H1iCl.png

The last day of summer, national holiday in my game, a super tired Kori decided to book a vacation to a much... cooler place :sunglasses:

TReYmwT.png

Mt. Komorebi here we come!
    Max & Kori had seen a bit of snow falling on Port Promise during their young adulthood, but the twins had never seen anything like this. First time trying out the EP too on my part, so I was pretty excited!

7Nt6y1N.png

First order of business, a snowball fight!

VK50Sa7.png

Turns out I was pretty lucky, as the Snow Festival had just begun the day of their arrival. A lot of townies were passing by with their traditional dresses, unbothered by the freezing cold :joy:

jzDuTlG.png

Selfie!

UPCyUaI.png

One of the local teens noticed them and stopped to say hi <3

jUw8HhD.png

They even pulled out drinks to celebrate the last day of summer :joy: Kaori wasn't sure she ever heard of this holiday, but she joined in nonetheless to stick around a little longer :joy:

ENFKpRa.png

... I think she might have had ulterior motives :joy::smirk: I mean- she hadn't even tasted the drink yet and she already had the "foreigners are the best" sort of face going on :joy:

uF1jgOr.png

River started feeling like a third wheel pretty soon, so he decided to go check out the festival on his own. Ryder fell right into Kaori's trap. A cute teen girl flirting with him not even an hour from their arrival in Mt. Komorebi? Why not lol.

12XVNbC.png

What happens on a vacation, stays on a vacation.

ZjUcwKn.png

Meanwhile, Max & Kori were doing their own things and enjoying the snow without bothering in the slightest about their kids :joy: ... or so it seemed.

KYX5s75.png

M: "Let's keep on sliding up and down this hill and make sure they don't notice."
    K: "Honey, I think we're not being as smooth as we would have wanted. They're gonna notice."
    M: "Ssssssh, act as if you saw nothing!"

6IHVFqw.png

River met Yamachan and was instantly a fan.

Rd5Lirc.png

hxfrv5v.png

Doin' the yama-dance :joy:

LDMvYsX.png

I wanted to send them all to the Snow Festival as soon as the sun set, but... unfortunately, they all received a sad call. Kori's mom, Desiree, their only remaining grandparent, had just passed away.

7nh6F9g.png

Their mood plummeted fast and none of them wanted to go to the festival anymore. They enjoyed a family meal back at the lodge, spent some quality time together, and prepared to recover for the next day.

XSseDiw.png

The very next morning, Kori wasn't feeling that much better. Her mother's passing remembered her that she still had a ton to do as a parent and she made sure to cram and cover a few bases. Now that her kids were teens, she wanted to make sure that they started acting like adults.

oGkR4Za.png

River couldn't believe his ears :joy:
    R: "The birds and the bees, mom??? You should be giving this talk to Ryder, not me!"

ceGwpZ1.png

Embarrassment aside, it worked (I legit can't believe I made it!)

2BIbGKJ.png

Time for some fun activities! After mastering the bunny slope, Max decided it was time to conquer the mountain!

XfmQ12D.png

It didn't... go... well :joy:

EGOPakA.png

8bt6kdC.png

The boys had much more confidence in their skills...

lZrO5CR.png

3gDDL2F.png

... but none of them had any actual skill :joy:

XAG6eSj.png

G5ZiCYO.png

Apparently, their two aunts decided to join the vacation too?? They didn't seem equipped to ski properly.

socXPpl.png

NXfiIWr.png

I'm seriously jealous of my sims :joy:

A4Ug4RT.png

Kori decided to explore Yukimatsu a bit to unwind and recover from her loss. For a little bit, it started snowing.

5d7W1DX.png

91WJQfr.png

YNC5Q7N.png

Max, who had looked after the twins all alone for the entire day, found her strolling through the woods and couldn't be happier.

TvLLGIG.png

Of course, when the parents are gone... :tongue:

ntmttxI.png

Not even kidding, this is the lifestyle that River rolled while everybody around him started feeling the love :joy:

gWNPiQr.png

And what about the sentiments?? I'm LOVING this addition to the game!! <3 I've played enough to see them actually shape the whole sim's behavior and it's kinda amazing that we finally got something like this.

JKGCZ2w.png

To cheer his wife up, Max brought her to the onsen bathhouse. Luckily, there was basically nobody around and they had the bath all for themselves *wink wink*

VQwmzd6.png

81ApxfS.png

Pl7suGC.png

The day before their departure, Kori was feeling much better and decided they couldn't waste their entire vacation skiing. There was so much culture to explore and see downtown, so they arrived Senbamachi and went for a hike together.

RgVB6LS.png

Not only the weather was the worst (though it could have rained), they also had at least one gross encounter.

jvJfyG6.png

And they electrocute too!

y5fb3DM.png

Night fell while they were still on their way to the temple, making taking pictures super hard.

yz5mmR2.png

They got lost twice + Kori kept freaking out about other possible bugs attacking her.

b9y0hBd.png

I swear Max was the only one who wanted to keep going at that point :sweat_smile: if it wasn't for the fact that the temple was fully illuminated and finally in sight, I would have sent them back to the lodge.

dDXtNDU.png

*insert annoyed teen whining* :joy:

cWsuEw2.png

They were finally there.
    (Honest question: is anybody else having that ugly glitch with the small flowery trees, which looks like they have black edges all around the flowers - I'm talking about the ones at the base of the temple that you can see in this pic)

rrUNmpP.png

Wishing for a job promotion and a new pc :tongue:

h0UeWij.png

The Greenes were leaving Mt. Komorebi the very next evening. They woke up early to try out a few more activities, like rock climing.

4xL8nex.png

(there's still a lot of work to do here :joy: )

J1Jobk9.png

Max checking out that glorious butt.

Om3ppuP.png

Kaori also came over to say goodbye to Ryder.

OsRzyJr.png

Their summer fling was really cute... not sure it will last once Ryder gets back home.
    Long-distance relationships ain't easy.

X857WY9.png

However, they surely had fun while it lasted.

vCttUVB.png

ADR3Pnb.png

Mt. Komorebi is such a pretty place, I'm positive my sims will travel here many many times in the future.

WrZl46t.png

Final pic of Ryder looking like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when in reality he gained like 0 skill in snowboarding <3:joy:

vK20PV3.png

That's all for now.
    I wish you all a happy new year <3 stay safe and enjoy your family time <3
    See ya in 2021 :wink:
    KEBB11a.png
  • Options
    @Kiwicantdie Thank you. I really enjoyed your chapter. ♥
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 great bi-weekly update!! <3 tbh you really make me want to give some love to the townies and play them.

Thank you! I really enjoyed your update! I like the look of River more than Ryder, so I think that’s a good choice of heir. And all these pics of Snowy Escape really make me want to get the pack!!

I reckon playing in Obi-Wan’s household would have been very interesting but I don’t know what the romantic interest was between him and the two women. The game just seems to randomly pair people up! I’ve lowered the settings for pregnancies amongst the townies in the hopes that more of them will get married and less will spend their time getting themselves or other people pregnant! I thought I’d flagged Luke to get married to Travis but that didn’t happen. Poe eventually got someone else pregnant - Alex Moyer from Brindleton Bay - and has moved in with her and her daughter.

There’s a few little toddlers running around now and interestingly, both Obi-Wan’s and Leia’s sons inherited their parent’s alien colouring, not their human colouring. Both Obi-Wan and Leia have blue skin in their disguise, inherited from Jade, but purple alien skin, and their boys both ended up with purple skin, and Leia’s boy Ben also has his mother’s pink hair, which she only has in her alien form. So now I’m really confused as to how the genetics work!

I’ve finally got Ahsoka and Padme aged into YA! Ahsoka ended up getting all five character values (which I really don’t know how that happened because I haven’t had much luck in getting Empathy and Emotional Control high for any of the teens so far). So she’s going to be a well-mannered, responsible, compassionate smuggler who has her emotions under control and can mediate fights 😂. They’re going to finish New Year’s Eve today (talk about good timing) and then she and Rey will go to Batuu. I was going to have Rey do lots of lightsaber battles but it turns out, you can’t spar with lightsabers if you’re pregnant 😒. So Rey will just be on free will and provide assistance if needed. Or I might drop her in the First Order district and see if she can find Kylo Ren!

After I’ve done Ahsoka’s aspiration to become a smuggler, I might switch saves and see if I can get this challenge going. I have the vet clinic and the house, just have to download the Emersons and get myself a pic-hosting site to upload pics to this thread 😆. I’m going to have a cat legacy going at the same time - see if I can keep the line of cats going through the challenge, which means I can’t have more than three kids in each generation or I will be unable to have room for two adult cats and one kitten. If there are accidentally more than three kids, I’ll have to use the age-down treat on the cat heir until such time as there is room in the household.

I’ve decided that the vet skill is going to have to be the hereditary skill. Even if the future generations aren’t vets, they’ll still need the skill to make the treats and to look after any strays that wander into their home. Every house lot is going to either have the cat or dog hangout trait, to keep up the storyline of looking after the animals in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    And furthermore in the continuing adventures of “Days of our Sims”, Poe’s uncle Luke has just married the woman having Poe’s baby! He was supposed to marry Travis!! So Jade’s granddaughter will also be her step-niece! Then Poe got a man pregnant with twins but I cancelled that one because it’s getting ridiculous! Sienna finally got married too but I’ve forgotten who to. It wasn’t the father of her third child because he married Summer Holiday, who was the first one Poe got pregnant!

Hmmm, maybe I should start a thread for all the things that the townies (and spares) get up to 🤣.

Edit: I remembered who Sienna married. Because it’s a new save, there’s an unedited version of her father running around and Sienna married him!
  • Options
    I took The Greene Founders and placed them in Brindleton Bay and I built their home but have not landscaped yet. I do not have Eco Living pack.

Woohoo! Glad to have you on board with us, I'm excited to see your family in Brindleton Bay!
  • Options
    @OJenn Thank you. I will show you a picture or two when I am a member. ♥
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Should Lia and Heath Emerson have the same colour hair and eyes? Because both of them are showing as black hair and grey eyes in CAS. I was going to start the challenge today but got stuck because I thought the genetics were supposed to be different.

I’ve deleted all the houses in Brindleton Bay, and replaced the puppy park and vet clinic. Still got to find a bar, lounge (or something) and museum to replace the ones there. Can I do whatever I want with the 64x64 block?

Edit Jan 6th: I’ve deleted the puppy park and created a huge park on the 64x64 lot. It contains a pool, toddler/children play area, dog area, and recreation area (with eating facilities, roller-skating rink and chess). I’ve also replaced the bar but am thinking of replacing the lounge with a nightclub and where the puppy park was with a gym.
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 The Emersons might have the same eye color (I can't tell from the gallery pics) but I do know Heath has the dark brown hair color. It also looks like he has light brown eyes but I could be wrong. Some founding couples are more genetically diverse than others; my U'lahu couple looks really genetically similar imo but the main part of the challenge is choosing a genetically diverse gene pool mate later on. I made the Brindleton Bay gene pool and tried really hard to choose very different-looking sims for each generation so everyone should be able to find a genetically diverse sim no matter what their sim looks like :smile: Your Brindleton Bay sounds like it's coming together nicely! I love worlds with lots of community lots. I feel like I don't have nearly enough in my Evergreen Harbor :tongue:
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 The Emersons might have the same eye color (I can't tell from the gallery pics) but I do know Heath has the dark brown hair color. It also looks like he has light brown eyes but I could be wrong. Some founding couples are more genetically diverse than others; my U'lahu couple looks really genetically similar imo but the main part of the challenge is choosing a genetically diverse gene pool mate later on. I made the Brindleton Bay gene pool and tried really hard to choose very different-looking sims for each generation so everyone should be able to find a genetically diverse sim no matter what their sim looks like :smile: Your Brindleton Bay sounds like it's coming together nicely! I love worlds with lots of community lots. I feel like I don't have nearly enough in my Evergreen Harbor :tongue:

Heath’s hair is definitely showing as black in CAS, so I’ll fix that. I might change the eye colour to light brown too; don’t know why it would have changed when I downloaded it but *shrug*. I’ve had to change some of his traits too as I don’t have Strangerville, and it suits the the storyline I have planned for him to also be a vet. I’ve changed Lia’s trait of dog lover to cat lover because I want a cat legacy, but other than that, I left her traits alone. (Can you tell I’m a cat person? 🤣. I’ve had cats since I was eight years old, and the current one attacks me if I let him inside but don’t sit down fast enough to allow him to sit on my lap!! Other than that, he’s lovely if somewhat grumpy 😂).

I now have the town sorted. I have a big park with lots of things to do, the museum, the vet clinic and the renovated bar. I’m leaving the nightclub and gym for a while, partly for story reasons and partly because my game isn’t letting me connect to the gallery to download any! I haven’t got a pic hosting site sorted yet though. I do have a LiveJournal site that I have used in the past for sim stories - would it be okay to link to that? Then I just have to stop being lazy and actually spend time posting the story on there!
  • Options
    @MayaRose1138 - Generally speaking you want to keep the traits the same and only really change them unless you don't have a corresponding pack. But since cat lover is similiar-ish to dog lover that's fine. From what I can tell in CAS Luana has sort of blue green eyes and black hair
    0c4526c5f0.png

And Manu has brown hair and brown eyes
    531777adaa.png

I finally opened my game and it was just in time for Winterfest so Hayden invited her entire family over. I hadn't realized that there was so many of them lol.
    2644a3fe71.jpg

Even though she is a vegetarian she served up some delicious To-furkey
    458834af09.jpg

Her dad, Jordan has clearly still got it and he spent the night drinking and dancing. I love him.
    fb365bdf98.jpg

The good news is Hayden has enough room to fit everyone, well almost. She's looking into doing a little remodel to add more seating to the kitchen/dining area.
    c9f4626e14.jpg

The night was a hit and even Hayden was happy to pick up after her family. She ended up earning the People Person lifestyle as a result.
    e8a5805271.jpg

Father Winter also snuck in to give Hayden a gift for being such a good sim ♥
    d95a40c419.jpg

Laurent ended up stopping by, he keeps late hours because of his job. And the first thing he did was give Hayden a hug, mom approves.
    1bd6fc6563.jpg

All in all, it was a fantastic holiday!
    79b91d7418.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - Generally speaking you want to keep the traits the same and only really change them unless you don't have a corresponding pack. But since cat lover is similiar-ish to dog lover that's fine. From what I can tell in CAS Luana has sort of blue green eyes and black hair
    0c4526c5f0.png

And Manu has brown hair and brown eyes
    531777adaa.png

Thank you but it’s Heath’s genetics, especially his eye colour, I need to know. Heath only had one trait when I downloaded him, so I kept Materialistic and gave him Dog Lover and something else that I can’t remember at the moment :). Lia’s aspiration disappeared (I don’t have Eco-living) so she got Friend of the Animals.

I’m enjoying your story with Hayden :). Can’t wait to see who she marries!
  • Options
    Finally back with some comments! I played for an hour or so today, but I still don't have enough pics for an update :confused: This vampire thing is dragging out longer than I thought. It just takes forever to earn the "vampire points," and I can't progress in Cleo's aspiration without the "vampire creation perk," so I'm kind of at a stand still. I'm honestly considering giving up on Cleo altogether and making Thad to be my heir instead...ugh :frowning: Anyway, I'm going to post some comments first, then see how I feel about switching to Thad.

@OJenn I love love love the way you decorated that house! It's so lively and colorful. I'm always jealous of your cc and decorating skills lol. Eeep another update!! The Winterfest pics are amazing - the family has certainly grown! Jordan is even more gorgeous in his middle age :love: Ooo and I love that Laurent is still in the picture!! He's only of my fav gene pool mates for sure. What a perfect little update!

@Kiwicantdie I'm sooo glad to see some comments/updates from you!! I'll reply to your comments first, then updates. The only reason Storm completed so many aspirations was because he had the Renaissance Sim aspiration to begin with. I had to get several skills up to level 6-8, so it was pretty easy to max those skills and complete skill-related aspirations (Master Chef, Super Parent, etc.) after that. Cleo is definitely a Thalia/Suri love child, Storm was alllllll Suri it seems :lol: So Vamp Cleo was a lot of fun for about 5 mins., but now I'm (not so patiently) waiting for her to earn some vampire points so I can actually make progress in her aspiration, and for the life of me I just can't earn the points!! My gameplay has been pretty boring since the last time I posted :disappointed: Risky woohoo hasn't even kicked in to make things interesting, and you know I play REAL risky with 5%! So disappointing honestly :tongue:

Anyway on to your updates! I didn't even mind the non-wintery update, I was just happy to get an update :smiley: The twins are seriously so cute, but I'm sad to hear the neighbors were destroying my park :joy: Some of the NAPs are so awful. All of the random/silly moments are so precious - well except Max's angry face while playing video games with his sons but I'm going to pretend he was mad at the game, not just hating his kids as usual :lol: Vamp Pablita! I love when she makes an appearance. Max looks great as an adult, I agree that it suits him. Kori looks amazing too of course. What a beautiful couple :heart: All that romance made me worried for you, thank the MCCC gods that risky woohoo didn't kick in! I'm pretty sure if it had, Max would've just called it quits and faked his own death :lol: Poor Kori...it's a good thing she loves her kids 'cause they look like a handful lol. Aww look at the boys learning how to knit!! Good for Max for having the patience to teach them :blush: Awww I love all the family pics - that's so many toddlers!! I def want an updated family tree! OMG the boys are total hunks!! I love a bad boy, buuut River's still my soft sweet man :heart: I'm so glad you posted another update too 'cause I def wanted to see more of the boys as teens! I love that the game is definitely playing up their personalities, like Ryder is already a little criminal in school :lol: YESSS Mount Komorebi!! I totally ship Kaori and Ryder, even if it's just a little vacation fling. They're so adorable! :blush: Lol glad to see Max and Kori getting some alone time, even if they totally crashed Ryder and Kaori's flirting thing. Oh no, what horrible timing... :frowning: At least Kori had her kids to help her through the tough time, and she managed to max her parenting skill too! It's definitely one of the hardest to max. LOL the skiing pics are the best. Ryder actually sorta looks like he knows what he's doing, but nope...no one stuck that landing :lol: The sightseeing pics are amazing too omg! I didn't even notice the hiking area around the ski lift until my sims' vacation was almost over, so I'm glad I got to see it in your pics lol. The sentiments are amazing aren't they?! I hope they add more in future patches/packs. Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it gets super dark super early - I had a hard time getting pics of the hiking too because of that! You still got some great pics though. I'm sad to see them go (and say goodbye to Kaori lol) but all in all it was a 10/10 vacation and update!

@debjameswhite @Heckstress17 @Wentcrazy I haven't heard from you guys in awhile, I hope you're doing alright! :heart:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @MayaRose1138 - omg I'm sorry my brain is all fuzzy and I am a big dingus lol. Heath has Paranoid, Materialistic, and Self- Absorbed. His eyes seem to be the color right before grey so like a blue-ish grey?
    febf62ed04.png

@JordanNicoleJJ - Oh no! I thought they had fixed the vampire stuff a while back. I love both Thad and Cleo so I would be okay with Thad too. Now you've got me nervous about having a vampire lol it sounds taxing and time-consuming for sure. I can't wait to see what you decide though ultimately its about having fun right? What if you changed Cleo's aspiration to the other vampire aspirations or re-rolled an aspiration for her instead?

Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - omg I'm sorry my brain is all fuzzy and I am a big dingus lol. Heath has Paranoid, Materialistic, and Self- Absorbed. His eyes seem to be the color right before grey so like a blue-ish grey?
    febf62ed04.png

That explains why they seem to be the same colour. I’ll have to recheck both eye colours and make sure they’re the right ones now, and then I’ll be able to start the save. The house is all sorted, just got to buy the clinic. I’ve only once before done a game where the major component at the start was story-telling based but I haven’t put most of that up in the internet, just the first few chapters of my Challenge Mash-Up game for Sims 3. I’m on the seventh generation there and each generation has two different challenges that they have to complete, which has helped me explore packs that I hadn’t used much before. It’s the longest legacy I’ve done and having the challenges has helped with that, so I may end up doing something similar for this, in that I have a goal for each generation. First generation goal - run a five-star vet clinic while raising three kids and starting a cat legacy! And not go insane when all the stray cats and dogs start invading the house!

I’ll post house pics on my site later today hopefully and post the link here. Then I can get started with the actual game play 😆.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top