Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Wait a minute....is that official split leveling I see??!!

I think i saw something mentioned about platforms in the notes.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,084 Member
    Do you think these foods might be tied to the table instead of individually prepared?

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,428 Member
    If Graham is the mind behind this pack it must be great.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    Just noticed that kids can ski and snowboard. So awesome.

I'm so pleased to see that children have been included in this pack.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    If Graham is the mind behind this pack it must be great.

I agree, I think @SimGuruGraham is a great asset to the team.

I'm really excited to learn more about the personality improvements. I would love to get back into The Sims 4. I just hope this pack won't be all visuals (despite how pretty the new world looks).
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Do you think these foods might be tied to the table instead of individually prepared?

I see onigiri!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    They had me at the genkan entry where we can take our shoes off. FINALLY!!!! I've wanted this feature forever.
    I wonder if this will be a special doorway or rug or something that we can place in any home so our sims don't have to wear their shoes in the house. That would be fab.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Japanese culture, downhill skiing, and my sims could go mountain climbing after practicing for weeks on the climbing machine?
    I uninstalled TS4... hmm... :#

I'd love to see what you do with Build Buy in this pack, even if it's just one house. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Also, did anyone else think that this "flower" lets us control whether its snowy or not, maybe?

NK4kdmF.jpg

Looks like some kind of a nature spirit to me.

Really liking the look of this pack so far. If I'm going to get nitpicky, you don't wear swimsuits in an onsen, but that's an understandable fudge due to ratings.

Maybe try adding the Clothing Optional lot trait? :#
  • Options
    GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    With the new skills, Will using the Rock Climbing wall in the fitness pack gain the new skill also?
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »
    They had me at the genkan entry where we can take our shoes off. FINALLY!!!! I've wanted this feature forever.

I’ve used some mods for that, mainly because I was raised Island style (and Asian style) where I take off my shoes the minute I get inside and we all have house slippers, lol. But it’d be nice to not have to use a mod if it is a universal feature.

I have house shoes that I wear when I'm inside. I don't keep them at the door, so I wear my regular shoes in and then change them, but I think I want to start doing that, it's much cleaner, especially on rainy days. I definitely take shoes off at the door on snowy days, though.

We could make actual working mudrooms!
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited October 2020
    Okay, so it looks like it's World Adventures + Selvadorada + Bon Voyage. It's something I think I would use. At minimum it looks like we're getting what functions as an in-ground hot tub and I've been wanting one of those for a long time. Winter sports look fun, and I like the expanded winter wear. I was getting a little tired of the same few coats over and over again.

EDIT: I didn't even notice the split-level platforms. That's a day-one buy then.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I like it so far. I was really hoping for a Japanese tea set/ceremony. I see a decorate tea pot in the background of one shot, but I don't think we're getting a functional one. I'm hoping I'm wrong. Otherwise, I love how beautiful it is. I love, love, love the winter sports and hot spring.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    the more i hear about this pack the more excited i get. i havent been this excited for a pack in a long time.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    I tend to play a lot of Active Sims (going against type as IRL I tend to be a bit of a couch spud); I'm looking forward to them having more to do. And skiing/snowboarding for kids should help build Motor skill. Those two features alone make this a worthwhile pack.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Ceridwen wrote: »
    Those vending machines! I am dying to know what you can buy from those. :D

To me it looked like one machine sold food and drinks and the other one some kind of toys.

If one is food/drinks I'm placing those all over my worlds, especially in the University dorms.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

It might be a special grand meal type of meal like we have in other packs. I say this due to the amount of different foods.

Here's a game play question. Has anyone made a grand meal but used the dining table as a buffet table (no chairs) so sims got their plates from the dining table but went to eat at another table? Do you think this would work?
  • Options
    Haflinger wrote: »

I’ve used some mods for that, mainly because I was raised Island style (and Asian style) where I take off my shoes the minute I get inside and we all have house slippers, lol. But it’d be nice to not have to use a mod if it is a universal feature.

Isn't that what everyone does? Except slippers maybe lol. I thought the whole world went about inside their houses in slippers, socks or bare feet. Surely people don't actually keep outdoor shoes on inside?
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I wonder if this will be a special doorway or rug or something that we can place in any home so our sims don't have to wear their shoes in the house. That would be fab.

If you see the screenshot when they are eating at the table, look to the far left. There is a shoe rack. It looks similar to the base game (or is it San Myshuno?) one. Might even be the same one. I *think* they've added options to it. If that's the case, it will be real interesting to see if Sims take their shoes off by default, or if I have to yell at them every time they come in.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,454 Member

If you see the screenshot when they are eating at the table, look to the far left. There is a shoe rack. It looks similar to the base game (or is it San Myshuno?) one. Might even be the same one. I *think* they've added options to it. If that's the case, it will be real interesting to see if Sims take their shoes off by default, or if I have to yell at them every time they come in.

There's also the sign on the wall that forbids shoes. I wonder if that one is useful or just decorative.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Isn't that what everyone does? Except slippers maybe lol. I thought the whole world went about inside their houses in slippers, socks or bare feet. Surely people don't actually keep outdoor shoes on inside?

At least in the part of America where I live, keeping your shoes on inside is the standard. Personally, I find it rather gross.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,762 Member
    The hot springs really make me happy. I loved them in Sims2.

I hope the ability to add vacation lots to livable worlds extends to the other worlds as well. That would be great for Sulani, but also sims from US inspired worlds could vacation in European inspired worlds and vice versa. Right now I pretend all the worlds are close enough together for day trips (except Sulani) but in future saves I might do things differently if this was an option.

Lifestyles and Sentiments are intriguing. I'm especially interested in anything that might make my choices when I'm playing a sim affect how they'll behave as npcs when I'm playing other households.

The winter sports look stunning in the trailer. I'm curious how the actual gameplay will look. I love the idea of starting at the baby slopes and improving. I hope they'll update the rock wall to the rock climbing skill so those of us with Fitness stuff can have our future mountain climbers train at the gym before they try it in the wild.

Curious if the tents will be included. Fires have come in multiple packs but this would be the first since OR to have tents.

I need to watch and read more, but I'm optimistic that there will be a lot of fun in this pack. I probably don't have to have it right away, the way I would if it came with ownable hotels, but I'll definitely buy it at some point.
  • Options

At least in the part of America where I live, keeping your shoes on inside is the standard. Personally, I find it rather gross.
    Wow, how bizarre! All that dirt and bacteria getting walked around the house. I never knew such a thing was a thing 😄

I wish the livestream wasn't so far away. 30th seems like an age to wait for someone who has no patience (me lol).
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,070 Member
    Everyone's excited about the new personality system, and split levels, and winter sports and rent or own. I just want to know what the new recipes are. :D

I too am a foodie and am looking forward to an entirely new cuisine to play around with. And now we can have truly authentic Japanese restaurants too. Yay!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I'm really happy that children are being included. I always want to take my families on vacations but there's not really a ton of activities for children in Granite Falls or Selvadorada.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top