Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Wonderful!! I can now finally create proper Japanese Sims with respective attire and homes.
    2quwd7.gif

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Isn't that what everyone does? Except slippers maybe lol. I thought the whole world went about inside their houses in slippers, socks or bare feet. Surely people don't actually keep outdoor shoes on inside?

At least in the part of America where I live, keeping your shoes on inside is the standard. Personally, I find it rather gross.
    Wow, how bizarre! All that dirt and bacteria getting walked around the house. I never knew such a thing was a thing 😄

I wish the livestream wasn't so far away. 30th seems like an age to wait for someone who has no patience (me lol).

I think it depends on the mindset of people around here where I live (West Coast) because I always take my shoes off whenever I go to people's houses (even for things like dinner parties) and I've had people say "oh, you don't have to take your shoes off"

HA! I have no patience either. I want it nooooooooow!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I'm also looking forward to updating my Asian Cuisine restaurant with new food and changing my servers and host attire. This is going to be so much fun because there is so much potential with the addition of this pack.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I'm looking forward to the Japanese aspects being added. Especially if I can really get all of my sims to sit at the hot pot and enjoy a meal for more than a minute lol.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the winter activities--hiking, mountain climbing, sledding, skiing and snowboarding. More activities for my Sims to do in a breathtaking location--nice choice.

My Sims are going to be hiking and camping out in the snowy mountains.
    Hiking-and-Camping.jpg

Is that a new wintery-looking insulated tent I'm seeing? :o
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    @AncientMuse ... Yes, and it is awesome.

I like James' intro. I can't wait to hear what secrets he has to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkvrGc80kg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    graveyard

Oh please please please please give us graveyards. I'm so tired of having generations of ghosts messing things up at home.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    graveyard

Oh please please please please give us graveyards. I'm so tired of having generations of ghosts messing things up at home.

According to one of the blog posts, that shrine where you can pay your respects is a graveyard. I don't know how it will work though.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @AncientMuse ... Yes, and it is awesome.

I like James' intro. I can't wait to hear what secrets he has to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkvrGc80kg

Yup, I can't wait to find out which game changers built which lots in the new pack. I love that EA is getting outside help with their builds so we no longer have to spend endless hours fixing all the ugly houses they give us in every pack. Thank you game changers for saving us from EA's horrible houses and nasty NPC's! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    They had me at the genkan entry where we can take our shoes off. FINALLY!!!! I've wanted this feature forever.

I’ve used some mods for that, mainly because I was raised Island style (and Asian style) where I take off my shoes the minute I get inside and we all have house slippers, lol. But it’d be nice to not have to use a mod if it is a universal feature.

Isn't that what everyone does? Except slippers maybe lol. I thought the whole world went about inside their houses in slippers, socks or bare feet. Surely people don't actually keep outdoor shoes on inside?

I have bad feet that swell up really bad unless I'm wearing hard shoes. I haven't found a pair of slippers yet that prevents it from happening, so I keep my shoes on pretty much all day till I get ready for bed. If you mostly stick to paved areas and the weather's relatively dry your shoes don't get that messy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I really wish I had enough money to preorder the pack, but my birthday and Christmas are coming up so hopefully it'll be included with my presents, haha.

I love skiing IRL, and have been wanting to snowboard for a while, so that'll be exciting! I'm also glad that children can ski and snowboard too, as my entire family has been skiing since I was a little kid.

I also love Japanese architecture. I don't know a lot about their culture, but this pack might just make me do some research!

SPLIT LEVELING!!!!!!!!!!

The CAS looks fantastic, and as that's my favorite aspect of the game it's very important to me.

This doesn't even begin to cover everything I'm excited for, I genuinely love what I've seen in this pack. Can't wait for all the YouTube stuff to come out about it from the game changers!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think the snowboarding looks way more awesome than just the halfpipe we had in past games. :) Might be fun to play a clumsy Sim just for all the potential fails. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    I'm excited! I don't see anything not to like so far.
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    This is something I am really excited for. Mountain climbing, cable cars and all the winter activities, OH YES!! I need that! Can't wait to get it when it comes out. 😍
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Loving this pack so far, intrigued in how the “shoes off“ will work.
    The Asian oriented objects, every time I look at them, become better.

But there is a bad thing (ok, this is not the complaint thread, I know), the expectations for the pack being huge make the giveaway competition huge as well 😆
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It's easy for me to be positive about Snowy Escape because I'm actually loving everything I've seen so far! <3 And even if not, I wouldn't dare to say anything because I've been longing for a cold world and an Asian countryside, and now I'm getting both in one pack, how incredible is that? I haven't felt this excited for a new pack since Realm of Magic, which was over a year ago, and Seasons before that. Seems to be a once-a-year thing for me.

One question: The blog says something about new skiing, snowboarding and mountain-climbing skills... Do you think they're really going to be three separate skills, though, or maybe one new "winter sports" skill that encompasses them all? (I just hope they're not hidden behind Fitness like the ice skating skill from Seasons.) Either way, it's great that children can partake in these activities, and that you can have two sims on a sledge at once. Now I wonder if you can do it with a cat or dog, too. :D
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am wondering what Hina k @hinaktravels is...... a tour on vacation or something? Do we get to make travel agencies or something? I also watched James Turners review of the trailer, I noticed skiing, rock climbing, sledding and snow boarding, but he said something about tobogganing too., maybe the sledding is the same as tobogganing. Also, somewhere I saw or heard there were festivals, anyone know anything or have any idea on those? Also I wonder how many things we can cook with that new hotpot?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    That would be funny @GrumpyGlowfish sledding down the mountain with a dog, its ears flapping wildly in the wind.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I'll definitely be pre-ordering this pack! :smiley:

My main concern was addressed and I'm relieved that you can pick and choose whether you want to live there or just go on a vacation. Phew!
    I wish they would update Sulani like that, so we can use it as formal vacations too.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I really like the shower tiles. They are soo cute!!!
    sht.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I think the snowboarding looks way more awesome than just the halfpipe we had in past games. :) Might be fun to play a clumsy Sim just for all the potential fails. :D

I agree I was praying if they created a snow theme this time around it was actually on actual mountain terrain and not a snow pipe so when I saw the trailer the first time i could not believe my eyes lol :)<3
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    On lilsimsie's leaked map, there is a lot in the top neighborhood to the left of what I'm guessing is a state park lot. The icon on the lot to the left is new to me but appears to be a house. The icon for a residential lot is a front view of a house (like a Monopoly house) and the icon for a tiny house is a line drawing on a 45 degree angle. This appears to be a solid house on a 45 degree angle, so is it new and if so what could it represent?

50506844446_cbb2bf583a_k.jpg
  • grayheathgrayheath Posts: 41 Member
    I don’t normally post but I just had to today as I’m so excited. Eeeeek. November 13th can’t come fast enough!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸!! Why does it come out the weekend I’m away! 😂 also I hope dogs can participate in the sledding, I’m already thrilled toddlers can be included so that would be the icing on the cake. 😭😭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top