Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread ๐Ÿ”๏ธโ„๏ธโ›ท๏ธ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ

Comments

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    But LOOK AT THIS.
    We're getting Lifestyles and Sentiments! More personality. Finally. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Also, did anyone else think that this "flower" lets us control whether its snowy or not, maybe?

NK4kdmF.jpg

Looks like some kind of a nature spirit to me.

Really liking the look of this pack so far. If I'm going to get nitpicky, you don't wear swimsuits in an onsen, but that's an understandable fudge due to ratings.
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    They had me at the genkan entry where we can take our shoes off. FINALLY!!!! I've wanted this feature forever. Hotpots? The drinking culture? Bowing? Yes, yes, and YES! I don't care at all about the winter sports. The cultural aspects of this pack alone are worth $40 to me. These are things I can play with constantly.

I am really hoping they put their best effort into the culture. They just might have redeemed themselves after the pack which dare not be named.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    Can I just say I love this kitchen.

OutZaIq.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I might need to take the day off work. This pack honestly feels like a breath of fresh air to me after a year of packs that really didnt do much to impress me. The build/buy looks fun to me already and I can't wait to build an onsen. Ive already built a bathhouse up in Granite Falls, so it will be a great opportunity to improve on it.

• Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited October 2020
    To get the negative out of the way, I am not crazy about snow. This is why I didn't comment on this pack until I saw the trailer. And I have to admit, there is a lot to like. I took a few screen grabs of the stuff I will enjoy in my game.

Snow and winter are definitely my least favorite parts of seasons (with thunderstorms slightly after). However, it seems like maybe this pack will give a reason for winter to be something other than just blizzards and sims wearing heavy coats all the time because I can't get their houses to warm up.

I like that there's something for kids and toddlers to do. The possibility of skiing or sledding probably isn't enough to keep me from getting bored with them and aging them up to teenagers, but it might delay it for a day or two.

My hopes are that we'll be able to buy vacation homes, and that we can buy vacation homes in other worlds now, too. And that we'll be able to do the winter activities in other worlds as well. Being able to ski or sled is going to be a lot less useful if I have to send my sims on vacation to do it.

EDIT: I also saw mention of a graveyard. I really want a graveyard community lot so I can deposit all of my urns and tombstones somewhere rather than just having them clutter up inventory.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    As someone who has played since 2003, and who doesn't want farming, cars, or hotels....this pack is everything to me. Super excited and pre-ordered already.
  • Options

OutZaIq.png

I hope that tea cabinet on the right side of the pic is functional...

• Options
    I also spied a space heater and school uniforms:

50510013641_96afdc9fec_b.jpg
    50510180357_4f971fef32_w.jpg

• Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Wait a minute....is that official split leveling I see??!!

The blog post mentions something that might be related to it:

"New features like shoji doors, tile roofs, and tatami mats lean into the Japanese inspiration behind the pack, and going forward, you can also start playing with customizable platforms!" That might be it, but I'm not to sure, but I'm also excited for the possibilities! :D
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    Also, did anyone else think that this "flower" lets us control whether its snowy or not, maybe?

NK4kdmF.jpg

I thought this was a fish (or maybe it's both :lol:). I think it's probably the game's version of yokai, and they might function similarly to IL's ancestral spirits.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    in the new video trailer i didn't see any resorts, hotels, snow yeti but i did see a few things that blue spirit thing, new windows & doors, more clothing & hair,
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I'm extremely excited for the pack, can hardly sit still to read all the info :joy:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Honestly after the trailer I'm so excited I can't think right now๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm looking foward to literally EVERYTHING. I can better gather my though once my excitment wears off a little. I don't even know what I'm going to do when I get it yet๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i did like what i seen so far.. but I'll wait to pre-order later when more information is out.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    ... no longer true ...
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,533 Member
    But LOOK AT THIS.
    We're getting Lifestyles and Sentiments! More personality. Finally. ๐Ÿ˜

tS4_personality_overhaul(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am feeling positive about this pack, but Lifestyles and Sentiments is the deal maker for me here.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    First of all, the world looks absolutely stunning. I can't wait to just meander around.

The new lots also look great. As usual, I will probably wish there were like two more empty lots than there will probably be, but at least it's bigger than DSV.

The build/buy assets look great, and some of them are versatile enough that I can see using them in all kinds of different contexts, not just this world.

I'm reserving judgment on CAS until we see more, but there are at least a few things that I will definitely use. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the bright neon clothes, but it seems like we'll get a variety of other options.

I probably won't, in the end, use the new winter sports activities very often, but it will be fun to try them out as an interesting change of pace.

I've said this elsewhere, but I am intrigued by the Lifestyles system but have concerns about how it will be implemented, and I really hope it will only be tied to your sim's actions while you are actively playing them.

I love, love, love that you can have residential and rental lots in the same world. I just hope that either now or in the near future, that feature will be an option in other worlds (as opposed to being only able to swim in open water in Sulani, which still constantly disappoints me).

This *might* actually be a full price, day one purchase for me. I'm very much looking forward to the other info that will come out pre-release.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

OutZaIq.png

Love that we're finally getting a new kitchen. That window above the stove appears to using a tile and a half. Is this a new window size?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Personalities! Personalities!!! That's my jam!! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

NK4kdmF.jpg

I thought this was a fish (or maybe it's both :lol:). I think it's probably the game's version of yokai, and they might function similarly to IL's ancestral spirits.

I was wondering if it is only seen by children as he is the only one reacting to it.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Iโ€™m actually a little nervous about the personality thing. I like my Sims the way they are.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This looks so crazy good. I've watched and read everything official so far and am extremely excited to get this in my game. Not going to list all the features that we know about through the trailer and official releases.. but there are so many that I'm loving that I can't squee over just one.
    egTcBMc.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top