Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Don’t mean to sound morbid but I wonder if there’ll be a new ghost for sims who decide to jog in the snow.

And honestly that’s why I hate taking my sims to any gym when it’s snowing because one macho townie thinks they’re freeze proof and I wind up stuck on the lot while Death does his thing. And then someone else freezes to death mourning. Sigh.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I like to build, but I am not looking forward to my first 50 or so builds if I get this pack. I know nothing about Japanese architecture. It ain't gonna be pretty. I'll just have to download everything. B)
    LiELF wrote: »
    Everyone's excited about the new personality system, and split levels, and winter sports and rent or own. I just want to know what the new recipes are. :D

Japanese Hot Pot!! I'm not even into the food in game, but somehow that made me excited, lol.

Isn't it funny the things that will ring one's bells? I saw the chopsticks and the little hot pot and gave a little squee.
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Don’t mean to sound morbid but I wonder if there’ll be a new ghost for sims who decide to jog in the snow.

And honestly that’s why I hate taking my sims to any gym when it’s snowing because one macho townie thinks they’re freeze proof and I wind up stuck on the lot while Death does his thing. And then someone else freezes to death mourning. Sigh.

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I don't have Seasons. I don't want all my sims dropping over if it snows.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Wonder what kind of injuries they're talking about?

Cool Down
    If your Sim crashed a few too many times and they need to recover,
    lean into the slower parts of life in Mt. Komorebi. Hit up the the
    onsen bathhouse to soak your Sim’s problems (and injuries!) away.
    Is there anything better than watching the steam rise into the cold
    night above after a long day? We didn’t think so.

From the blog.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/snowy-escape-reveal

If I were to guess--and really hope, is that they are utilizing the casts you can get from sports injuries in Discover University! I like this because it feels like there will be actual consequences to hurting yourself!
    "Breathe in that fresh mountain air and start working on your Sim's rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding skills. They'll want to level up if they ever intend to explore anything bigger than the easy practice courses. Once they’ve gotten the hang of it, take the gondola up to the bigger ski runs and the climbing routes to the peak. Even wipeouts look cool up there… probably. But when Sims get really good, show off with a light-up board and the chicest snow gear."

sounds like there may be some unlockable items.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm so excited for this pack! It has almost everything I was hoping for except hotels, and I really only wanted them so we can vacation anywhere and it seems rental lots may be unlocked? We'll see.

I really wanted a hot spring so when I saw that in the trailer I was so excited. Plus it seems that there may be possible injuries if you fail at the new sports which is also something I was hoping for! Plus something I wasn't expecting at all, more depth to personalities! This pack may just become my 3rd favorite expansion.

Now all I'm hoping for is a couple new fitness aspirations, maybe even one for each new sport since it seems each one is going to be it's own unique skill.

Oh! I can't wait until the livestream so I can get more details!
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2020
    The world is very pretty, not that the Sims 4 has ever had a problem with making things pretty. I also love the furniture and new clothes/hair, too. The fact that they got so much of the culture right and picked good builders to work on the houses is exciting. My main concern is with gameplay, but so far it looks promising. I think this pack is better than the last one we got, I'm happy with how much they're improving.

I can see how people think this pack is a combination of spa day and seasons, but I don't think this should have been included in those packs.
    Hopefully a personality update will be in the base game, too.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Everyone's excited about the new personality system, and split levels, and winter sports and rent or own. I just want to know what the new recipes are. :D

Japanese Hot Pot!! I'm not even into the food in game, but somehow that made me excited, lol.

Isn't it funny the things that will ring one's bells? I saw the chopsticks and the little hot pot and gave a little squee.

Right? I love the hot pot! I hope it comes with different options.

The one thing I'm also hoping for: eating with chopsticks that doesn't include spinning them in the air and confident moodlet. Are you proud of yourself for eating with a fork like a big kid? No. You just eat. If anyone flipped their chopsticks in Japan like that, they'd be labelled the Weird Gaijin by anyone eating near them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm really excited about the platform building, I've been wanting that for so long! And I love that we're getting new types of sushi (getting a bit tired of the CL nigiri). And basically, all the build/buy looks pretty amazing so far.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited October 2020
    I love the cat picture on the wall and the little wooden dolls on the shelf. Wonder if they are a new collectible.

WA7S0Mv.png

Does that pagoda in the background look like it's made of ice? Wonder if there will be an ice sculpture festival. I think I read somewhere there will be new festivals to attend.

Ok, so this is where I read about the festivals. In the freaking quiz!

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/quizzes/whats-your-snowy-escape/questions/question4

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-420.jpg

There is a wishing tree in the background of this picture. Wonder if our sims can write messages for it.

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-429.jpg
    Post edited by crocobaura on
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm excited for the build items and platforms! Did anyone else notice that the stove and counters don't have that awkward splash back that the rest have? And the new fire is lovely. Aaaaa the cooking pot on the table. I have a couple of sims who will really fit all these things nicely. I'm hoping for a winter sports death :smile:
    I wonder if that cooking pot/stove is useable elsewhere like on a camping trip.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I'm gonna call it now and say that the hotpot is probably attached to the kotatsu table. Since the animation is tied to kneeling in that position, I doubt you can put it on top of any other table. I could be wrong, though. Maybe they'll surpass my expectations.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I can't wait to experience this pack with my sims. I'm especially excited for the personality changes.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Live Stream Oct. 30th hosted by SimGuruGraham.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Oh, this all makes me so happy and excited! I wanted a winter holiday style pack, but this looks like it'll go beyond just that alone, and prove absolutely necessary in my game.

Love the snow and the winter sports stuff, but love all the other things we've been shown too! More Japanese food is awesome - my attempts at Japanese-themed restaurants always feel a little light on the food and drink because there's not much in the game right now - was inspired to have another go in my current save game, and suffice it to say, I need more appropriate build-buy objects and will happily update the place when I have this pack.

Those vending machines! I am dying to know what you can buy from those. :D

So, yes, I am planning a holiday in the place with my current Sims family, and if they like it enough they'll move. My only issue is I may have to wait until Christmas before I can get my hands on this pack (eh, it's the "save cash for the family presents" time of year, and I can't see sneaking something for me in beforehand!).
    Ceridwen wrote: »

To me it looked like one machine sold food and drinks and the other one some kind of toys.

I'm gonna call it now and say that the hotpot is probably attached to the kotatsu table. Since the animation is tied to kneeling in that position, I doubt you can put it on top of any other table. I could be wrong, though. Maybe they'll surpass my expectations.

Ha. We'll just have to take the table with us then. :lol:
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Ceridwen wrote: »

To me it looked like one machine sold food and drinks and the other one some kind of toys.

Yes, that's what I think too, but I want to see what the toys look like! :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm not planning any gameplay but I will say I enyoyed seeing a Sim climb to the top of a moutain and pull himself up. I had asked for cliffs and things like that (animations of pulling one's self up on a cliff) many years ago. And I'm positive that skiing was a request I had a hundred years ago so that looks fun. I'm positive this is more interesting to me than a reality tv show pack. The public transits systems looked interesting it would have been great if our Sims could board those. I would like to see my Sim ride on the skylift and or that train. Nice touches but wish they were real to ride.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm not planning any gameplay but I will say I enyoyed seeing a Sim climb to the top of a moutain and pull himself up. I had asked for cliffs and things like that (animations of pulling one's self up on a cliff) many years ago. And I'm positive that skiing was a request I had a hundred years ago so that looks fun. I'm positive this is more interesting to me than a reality tv show pack. The public transits systems looked interesting it would have been great if our Sims could board those. I would like to see my Sim ride on the skylift and or that train. Nice touches but wish they were real to ride.

Maybe they will be like the little boat in Brindleton Bay that takes you to the island.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Just noticed that kids can ski and snowboard. So awesome.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    Just noticed that kids can ski and snowboard. So awesome.

They can also crash and burn which also great.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Split levelling (custom platforms) means that I can finally finish my Croft Manor build that has been sat half finished in my build save since they released the custom stair tool. I'm so excited for this! There are so many builds that I can now finish/start with this update :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top