Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

1282930313234...Next

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    That should be a Maxis favorited lot.
    It's wonderfully detailed.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    As promised in this thread:
    The Updated Mountain Hut is available on the gallery. No CC. No MOO! It is an off-the-grid lot, so if you want to keep that as a feature make sure to place it on the mountain as a residential lot, not as a mountain peak lot. More pics under the spoiler. It includes images of the hut when placed in a non-snowy world when rock formations and terrain are visible.
    Name: Mountain Hut (20x20)
    Gallery ID: CPTN_NXR7
    HUT07.jpg
    Storage Area:
    HUT08.jpg

The Outhouse:
    HUT09.jpg

Shower:
    HUT10.jpg

Fireplace. Also note that somehow the snow blows through the cabin:
    HUT04.jpg

Entrance:
    HUT05.jpg

Non-Snowy world placement:
    HUT00.jpg
    HUT01.jpg
    HUT02.jpg

That's wonderful!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @Babykittyjade , @CK213 , @LiELF ,
    Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it. ☺️
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Love it @CAPTAIN_NXR7 😍
  • Options
    Love it @CAPTAIN_NXR7 😍
    Thank you @elanorbreton! 😁

• Options
    @CK213

12_07_20_8_22_09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This also gives me some ideas to put something similar to this in the Forgotten Grotto or Sylvan Glades...Thanks
    Back before we had vampires, I remember thinking when we finally get them, to have one live in Forgotten Grotto. I may still do that. Or, a werewolf. :)

There's still so much to do in my game

@BlkBarbiegal
    I must have only looked at Sylvan Glade once and never bothered again.
    It's a shame the lot size is so small, but I made it work.
    12_20_20_9_54_19_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But this is so perfect for spellcasters or any sim looking for more magic in the world.
    I love that someone living in Willowcreek can discover it in their own neighborhood.
    12_20_20_10_16_29_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I was able to squeeze my secret chamber below it.
    12_20_20_11_14_55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

@CAPTAIN_NXR7
    I will probably delete my lot on top of Mt. Komorebi and put in yours.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really like that we can bicycle in the snow in Mount Komorebi. Even if it's not completely realistic, it's quite enjoyable.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @CK213

This actually looks really good here. And having everything at your disposal. Usually I only bring my wannabe plantsims to Sylvan glade, and they do have basic spell casting skills.... Therefore having something like pictured below but more plantsims like decor, including the wishing well...hmmm wheels are spinning. 🤔
    12_20_20_9_54_19_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 cool hut. Love the rugged details. What does your sim do to keep “fun” maxed?

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    @CK213
    I really love the concept of this magic portal in the secret glade. The lot looks perfect!
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 cool hut. Love the rugged details. What does your sim do to keep “fun” maxed?
    Thank you @BlkBarbiegal
    My sims usually brings the fun along with them. In this case he travels with a guitar...the bonfire offers some fire poi fun too I think.
    Other than that....explore the cave down below?...do some woodcarving?....build snowpals? ....off the grid shower woohoo...If they’re with a significant other that is. 😊

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    As promised in this thread:
    The Updated Mountain Hut is available on the gallery. No CC. No MOO! It is an off-the-grid lot, so if you want to keep that as a feature make sure to place it on the mountain as a residential lot, not as a mountain peak lot. More pics under the spoiler. It includes images of the hut when placed in a non-snowy world when rock formations and terrain are visible.
    Name: Mountain Hut (20x20)
    Gallery ID: CPTN_NXR7
    HUT07.jpg
    Storage Area:
    HUT08.jpg

The Outhouse:
    HUT09.jpg

Shower:
    HUT10.jpg

Fireplace. Also note that somehow the snow blows through the cabin:
    HUT04.jpg

Entrance:
    HUT05.jpg

Non-Snowy world placement:
    HUT00.jpg
    HUT01.jpg
    HUT02.jpg

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 That cabin is totally awesome! I can just see some old guy with a shaggy beard sitting there smoking a pipe and telling tales about the giant fish he "almost" caught.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

wow I concur with other players your mountain hut is fab and so perfect in that snowy escape location :)

@CK213

I love what you tried to do with the same lot using witches and when i saw the post where they could fly up the mountain to the lot rather than climb I thought another great Idea until you came up against all the odd things you could not do and your lovely basement library got wiped out. Nice try though very creative thinking :) I love what you have done in Sylvan Glade I think that's a perfect location for more magic. Is that lot on the gallery and do i need a cheat to place it on that location?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @SPARKY1922
    I just uploaded it.
    I borrowed @BlkBarbiegal idea of adding a wishing well.
    12_24_20_6_15_03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12_24_20_6_15_50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

For some reasons, all the potions I put in there disappeared.
    There are still some magic books in the chamber below. I will leave it to others to stock it as they like. I hope that's not a problem with this lot.
    00.jpg
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/049EBF24464811EB8E9E05BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Sylvan Portal&max=50&maxis=false

Cheat codes.
    Testingcheats on
    bb.enablefreebuild true
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I knew I would love this pack. It's the little things like having the family eat a meal together at the kotatsu table to buying simmi capsules from a vending machine in the neighbourhood that make playing with the families from this world feel much different than playing a household from, let's say, Willow Creek.

Speaking of simmies here's Miki Akiyama buying her first capsule from the vending machine. Unfortunately the capsule got stuck. :(
    I gave her a different hairstyle too because the one she came with does not suit her face imo. Also the shade of brown is so much lighter with that particular hairstyle. It's strange.

hC9TlYQ.png
    (Btw did you spot the lovely rainbow in the background? :wink:)
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2021
    Update on using the Rental lot as a way of having a player-made school in the game:

Club gatherings are not allowed in Rentals, and since that was the idea, to have the teacher and kids have a 'school class club' together, I had to make the lot a residential instead.

Too bad, but I think the children get vacation days though, so that could be a way to have full days for activities. And the feature of placing Rentals in every world is useful anyway.
  • Options
    Update on using the Rental lot as a way of having a player-made school in the game:

Club gatherings are not allowed in Rentals, and since that was the idea, to have the teacher and kids have a 'school class club' together, I had to make the lot a residential instead.

Too bad, but I think the children get vacation days though, so that could be a way to have full days for activities. And the feature of placing Rentals in every world is useful anyway.

You just gave me an idea, in a kind of associative way.
    My college prep dorm has labs for arts and sciences. My teen sims don't really have time to use them because of school and homework.
    I use their vacation time for trips to Komorebi, Sulani, Selvadorada, or Batuu.

What I can do is have my school counselor write excuse notes for the students so they can have days off from school to work in the labs. :)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited January 2021
    CK213 wrote: »

You just gave me an idea, in a kind of associative way.
    My college prep dorm has labs for arts and sciences. My teen sims don't really have time to use them because of school and homework.
    I use their vacation time for trips to Komorebi, Sulani, Selvadorada, or Batuu.

What I can do is have my school counselor write excuse notes for the students so they can have days off from school to work in the labs. :)

@CK213 I do that for one of my sims after having gotten their grades up to an A. They are famous/busy, so they can't go to school everyday and need to do other things. Years ago, I think we could have our sims write excuse notes everyday in the game, but now it seems like the cool down is longer and it can't be done two days in a row.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Oh, thank you for the tip. I have not played the game long, and rarely children/families, so that is good to know.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SPARKY1922
    I just uploaded it.
    I borrowed @BlkBarbiegal idea of adding a wishing well.
    12_24_20_6_15_03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

12_24_20_6_15_50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

For some reasons, all the potions I put in there disappeared.
    There are still some magic books in the chamber below. I will leave it to others to stock it as they like. I hope that's not a problem with this lot.
    00.jpg
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/049EBF24464811EB8E9E05BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Sylvan Portal&max=50&maxis=false

Cheat codes.
    Testingcheats on
    bb.enablefreebuild true

Hi @CK213

Apologies for my late response. I was just sitting down to start my game when I remembered your lot and came back to the forum to search for it . It's a shame the potions disappear however even as a totally cute standalone lot for community supernaturals not living in Glimmer Brook to visit and then be able to travel to the magic realm puts the lot to good use. Give me a little time (as I am not patched yet to the latest patch yet-) I will come back when I have tested the lot with my supernaturals and further pics :)
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    They will take a special trip to Komorebi when they can't get something they want by the normal means.
    They might even actually climb the mountain.
    12_13_20_6_24_12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Can you tell me where is that outfit from?

I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 , @Isharell , Thank you very much! :)
    They will take a special trip to Komorebi when they can't get something they want by the normal means.

@TomasGrizzly , to me that looks like the witch costume from TS4 Spooky Stuff. ;)

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SPARKY1922 , @Isharell , Thank you very much! :)

@TomasGrizzly , to me that looks like the witch costume from TS4 Spooky Stuff. ;)

Well, I looked on the pack in-game, seems so. Part of me hoped it was a CC item. There's not that much that'd interest me in that pack. At least not enough to buy it just for a single costume, even though it'd fit a spellcaster family.
    Thanks for the info anyway.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    The rock climbing skill and interactions are just really well executed! I'd watch my sims climb those rock walls indefinitely.

This discribes how I feel about the snowboarding. It's so much fun being on an actual mountain with 4 different slopes to choose from. It's way better than a half pipe. I have my Sims start on the bunny slopes, then they move on to the mountain. Windy days and icy conditions can make even a skilled snowboarder fall. My Sim was on level 4 doing medium intensity on the easy slope and I thought "she's got this" since she'd had a few rounds without falling. Then she suddenly fell and tumbled in a way that made me crack up laughing.

Back in Sims 1 with Sims Vacation I used to always take my Sims to the snow and watch them snowboard on that halfpipe. That's all I did and it was fun back then, but now that we have an actual mountain a halfpipe would just be boring. I'm so happy to have a pack like this. A snow themed world with snow sports is one I've always wanted (that's why Sims Vacation was my favourite) and was missing in Sims 2 and 3. Snowboarding on the mountain has so many options and so many different ways the annimations play out. I've been having so much fun snowboarding I haven't explored the other features of the pack that much.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited January 2021
    I hadn't expected mountain climbing to be that entertaining, but looking at my screenshots I'm now at the point where my sims have climbed more often than went winter sporting.

At the moment my police sims must undergo their annual teamwork exercise in teams of four. The third team consists of the beat cops Tina Chen, Alexander Mack and June Kay (premade sim) and receptionist Rika ST300, an android.

They just made it to the top of Mound Holly (Mt. Komorebi) and all Tina wants is a nice sun tan and to be left alone:

ffdab4292797fe9a1059e001e46c420ba633cc34.png

Turns out Alexander has other plans. At last year's summer party he and Rika have become love interests, one of the nicest and purest couples in this save (and therefore constantly overshadowed by my more rambunctious sims).

8c9ede99e43be071a0390e8d35d865a5ab4ceee5.png

"Oh my god, is he...? He isn't... or...? Do you SEE this, too, Tina? Or am I halucinating from altitude sickness?"
    "Hehe. When I asked him what he was bringing, Alex said he'd travel light. A ring indeed is a very light object!"

2a51cd3f5ac91cc425d68671c11a56eae943b528.png

Walking on clouds, in seventh heaven, there are many puns June and Tina can think of, but they keep them to themselves. For once they are awed into solemn silence.

f71e4c3bda6332019ff81cd96442319f4ce8e549.png
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top