Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread ๐Ÿ”๏ธโ„๏ธโ›ท๏ธ๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽฟ

ยซ13456734
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
edited February 14 in Nominated Threads
This thread is for discussing what we're looking forward to in EP 10 Snowy Escape and our gameplay plans!.

https://youtu.be/MwOpX9pWsdU

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Omg I asked for this exact pack in the past, the Sims gurus read my mind! I'm so excited for hot springs and snowboarding!! And that little spirit thing๐Ÿ˜ so cute!!
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    im so excited that there will be hot springs. i never even thought they would add them. also that the snow is deeper. that looks cool. skiing, sledding, the japanese theme. it looks so cool
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I like it, it looks good. Good looking build materials and really nice looking CAS items.

I'm definitely interested in this part which is from the sims4 page.

Unlock new personality and relationship effects with the introduction of Lifestyles and Sentiments. Lifestyles manifest in response to your Simโ€™s actions and habits, changing their behaviors appropriately. Similarly, shared experiences inspire Sentiments and have a lasting impact on Simsโ€™ relationships to each other, affecting their social interactions
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited October 2020
    From the blog:
    Itโ€™s not just for adults, either. Children can ski and snowboard on the less challenging trails while parents take their toddlers sledding! Itโ€™s snow fun for everyone.

Finally more activities for children.

Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/snowy-escape-reveal
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I know these links will be posted elsewhere, but for reference:
    Reveal Link
    Buy Page

It says rent or buy a home, so it's a both world!
    Also, check out the Define your Lifestyle section on the buy page!

I guessed an onsen would be included in some way, and they did not disappoint!
    a63ftuN.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    So far it looks promising :) I can't wait to hear more about the features in it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Finally my kind of EP! (:
    Z5yqGx5.png
    oh thats great. we need more fun for children to do. sounds like family will be at least have some things to do.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Totally getting this! I like this. All of it.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Do you think the train they showed is useable & not dressing?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like that you can vacation or live there. I was really pleased to see Skiing as one of the new activities, also glad to see that kids were not forgotten when it comes for things to do. The aesthetic is very good, and I think the Spa Day BB will go nicely in some places.

Overall a big thumb's up but since I'm sitting here freezing :# in my office a winter resort does not sound appealing to me at the moment. ;) Not unless there is lots of hot chocolate. :D
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Snow activities and cold weather clothing that make sense in winter. Need I say more?
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    WA7S0Mv.png

JIoF4CB.png

zwBkxa7.png

q0XGkQp.png

OMNTNZf.png

Pics courtesy of Sims Community.

I looooooooove the tatami table. I think I saw custom cc once, but the new one looks great!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The new activities are very nice to see. The new world, what I saw of it, looks as if it is split between the area for snow-related activities and an area where our Sims can be tourists and mingle with the locals. I especially liked seeing the cultural nature of Japan played out with the food, seating options, greetings, natural hot springs...wow, someone really put some deep thought into this pack. But I hope there is more depth to the local culture than what we saw in Jungle Adventures and Island Living. I hate to say it, but the island natives were just rude. And always standing at your door with yet another platter of pork adobo. The short shot of the ski lift was stunning. And the snow seemed to be deeper than what we got in Seasons. So those are all positives. I didn't see anything that bothered me, or that I wouldn't love having for my Sims to do. I don't think anything is missing, but I have my style of playing, and I know a lot of players were hoping to see hotels in this pack. But the gurus might be keeping that under wraps for now, waiting for the gameplay stream to tell us about it.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Do you think the train they showed is useable & not dressing?

Definitely doubt it, because where would it go? The other worlds donโ€™t have accessible train stations.

Although it could be a rabbit hole and it takes us to map view which I would personally like....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Wait a minute....is that official split leveling I see??!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Japanese culture, downhill skiing, and my sims could go mountain climbing after practicing for weeks on the climbing machine?
    I uninstalled TS4... hmm... :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'll definitely be pre-ordering this pack! :smiley:

My main concern was addressed and I'm relieved that you can pick and choose whether you want to live there or just go on a vacation. Phew!
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited October 2020
    Also, did anyone else think that this "flower" lets us control whether its snowy or not, maybe?

NK4kdmF.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    i dont think the train is useable. its probably decoritive. but having the snowy side and the japenese side of the world will make it feel like its more then one kind of experience for your sim. go skiing in the daytime. visit the local culture and chill in the hot springs at night. sounds like my families wont be bored anytime soon.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Reposting from another thread:

I'm excited about everything! :)

What I'm most excited about:
    The world is gorgeous! I love all the cherry blossom trees and Japanese maple trees!
    The ability to meditate on mindful walks.
    Scenic hikes.
    130 new CAS items!
    Shoji doors, windows, and screens (non-CC)!
    Tatami mats, koi, rock gardens, maple trees.
    Hot springs and bamboo forests.
    Sushi options.
    Kid's hat with bunny ears.
    Japanese-style bridges (at least in the world, probably not to build with).
    Cute pre-mades.
    Light rail/train. Can our Sims get on it as rabbit hole transportation?
    Looks like some cute clothes, including that black and white jacket.
    Kids can do snow activities!
    I like that one of the snowboards lights up. :)
    Camping out on the mountain!
    Onsen to share with other Sims!
    Centipedes, lol!
    Looks like maybe a rabbit-hole temple?
    New prayerful pose?
    New fridge and bonsai tree.
    New fireplace and low table.

There are lots of new details I didn't mention that I like, but just aren't my favorites. I can't wait for this pack!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    To get the negative out of the way, I am not crazy about snow. This is why I didn't comment on this pack until I saw the trailer. And I have to admit, there is a lot to like. I took a few screen grabs of the stuff I will enjoy in my game.

d7X1bZL.jpg

I love the style of the furniture - especially the new kitchen - and the world looks very promising.
    This looks like a very solid pack to me that I am definitely looking forward to.

My negative is the fake Tik Tok pictures they did in the trailer, we can't do that in the sims unless you use Pose Player.

I love the style, especially that screenshot on the upper right, that looks so good.

And oh my god, they have a hot pot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top