Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oh my God, the day has finally come where I can post in one of these threads. For the first time since Parenthood's trailer, I legit don't have anything negative to say. No complaints. No skepticism. I am all over this pack. Give me that awesome Japanese culture!

My only concern is whether or not that "16 personalities" thing is worth it when that's already a feature in KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life mod, and it's already done SO well there.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm so sold! Lifestyles and sentiments is the best for me, followed by the sanctuary stuff.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,525 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Oh my God, the day has finally come where I can post in one of these threads. For the first time since Parenthood's trailer, I legit don't have anything negative to say. No complaints. No skepticism. I am all over this pack. Give me that awesome Japanese culture!

My only concern is whether or not that "16 personalities" thing is worth it when that's already a feature in KawaiiStacie's Slice of Life mod, and it's already done SO well there.

It's entirely possible that they worked with her for the ideas. They've been partnering with Game Changers this year for build and townie improvements, it would make complete sense for them to take in the best of the modding community too.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    They had me at the genkan entry where we can take our shoes off. FINALLY!!!! I've wanted this feature forever.

I’ve used some mods for that, mainly because I was raised Island style (and Asian style) where I take off my shoes the minute I get inside and we all have house slippers, lol. But it’d be nice to not have to use a mod if it is a universal feature.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Aquarius94 wrote: »

It's entirely possible that they worked with her for the ideas. They've been partnering with Game Changers this year for build and townie improvements, it would make complete sense for them to take in the best of the modding community too.

Besides many of us don't want to use mods if at all possible in our games. I have no idea how the Slice of Life mod plays out although of course I've heard it's praises. Modders have to work around what is in the game. Maybe that mod will be revamped and better later?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’m excited that this will both be a vacation world & residential world. I’m wondering if we will be able to place rental lots in other worlds?
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    It looks incredible 😭 it’s so nice to be excited for a pack!! I hope the school uniforms may mean that private schools are being added to the game
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    The Foods models look really high quality.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    They had me at the genkan entry where we can take our shoes off. FINALLY!!!! I've wanted this feature forever.

I’ve used some mods for that, mainly because I was raised Island style (and Asian style) where I take off my shoes the minute I get inside and we all have house slippers, lol. But it’d be nice to not have to use a mod if it is a universal feature.

I'm sitting here in my house slippers as we speak. B) Honestly, that's the only way they could improve this feature is by allowing us to choose an "indoor" style. Like we can choose bare feet, socks, or slippers that we can change into when we enter the house. If that's part of the feature, then I'll be over the moon. Especially with all the nifty knitting socks we have now.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,525 Member

I have house shoes that I wear when I'm inside. I don't keep them at the door, so I wear my regular shoes in and then change them, but I think I want to start doing that, it's much cleaner, especially on rainy days. I definitely take shoes off at the door on snowy days, though.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Personalities! Personalities!!! That's my jam!! <3

Lolol fingers crossed we can actually have two enemy sims that doesn't wash eachother dishes 😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    This thread is my place this time (i can't believe, almost crying) :*
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member

I have house shoes that I wear when I'm inside. I don't keep them at the door, so I wear my regular shoes in and then change them, but I think I want to start doing that, it's much cleaner, especially on rainy days. I definitely take shoes off at the door on snowy days, though.

In Finland people always take off shoes and wear just socks indoors. I want to know how this game feature works before getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    It looks AMAZING! Real ski hills, real mountain climbing, the lifestyles and sentiments thing that actually influences a sim's life, the Japaneseculture and architecture. I feel like it's too good to be true.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’m actually a little nervous about the personality thing. I like my Sims the way they are.

To me it sounds just like it won't mess with actual traits but "enhance" them. So maybe enemy sims will stop acting like you're best friend and may actually remember that you're enemies! Or a cheating wife might hold a grudge. Atleast that's the vibe I'm getting from the description. Basically sounds like what they presented to us in the survey
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    musteni wrote: »

In Finland people always take off shoes and wear just socks indoors. I want to know how this game feature works before getting my hopes up.

Even without new programing, you could still walk around your sims house in just socks. I do a similar thing for my snobby sims that hangout by the pool to sun and swim a bit. I create two matching outfits, one for sunning that might include a hat, sandals and sun glasses and a second matching outfit that only has a swim suit as if they took off the extras to take a dip.

Just create a copy of your sims outfit without shoes and change them into it.
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I also spied a space heater and school uniforms:

50510013641_96afdc9fec_b.jpg

oh it's a space heater? oh, living in a warm country make us don't recognize certain things, i was thinking it was a stereo :D
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    WOW looking so amazing i going to injoy this pack and never stop playing with all the thing we get with it thanks to all put this pack together for us we all been waiting for this pack to be made for sims game thanks.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The more that’s revealed the more excited I get, actual split leveling, and platforms which means we can have actual stages to use with karaoke, night clubs, lounges, the busking set from city living! Taking shoes off entering a home, a personality overhaul, uneven sentiment, so an event can make one sim happy and another not so happy which will give them some individuality! I think that has me the absolute most excited. But frankly so far this is like an excitement onion! There’s just layers and layers of things to be super excited about! We get a mix of residential and rental lots in the world and I am just hoping like crazy that it means we can add rental lots to all worlds, so I can make the Sulani of my dreams, and add a proper hotel on Torendi tower without a mod.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I also spied a space heater and school uniforms:

50510013641_96afdc9fec_b.jpg

oh it's a space heater? oh, living in a warm country make us don't recognize certain things, i was thinking it was a stereo :D

Haha, I'm in Florida where it never snows, but we have a space heater for the ONE night of the year when it gets chilly. :D
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,259 Member
    Everyone's excited about the new personality system, and split levels, and winter sports and rent or own. I just want to know what the new recipes are. :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Even without new programing, you could still walk around your sims house in just socks. I do a similar thing for my snobby sims that hangout by the pool to sun and swim a bit. I create two matching outfits, one for sunning that might include a hat, sandals and sun glasses and a second matching outfit that only has a swim suit as if they took off the extras to take a dip.

I play rotationally, so it might cause some problems if I made copies of their everyday outfits (sims walking around in their socks). I've found some sort of solution though by giving them sleepwear that looks like cosy homewear. Sims autonomously spend quite a bit of time in their sleepwear so it's handy.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,753 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I play rotationally, so it might cause some problems if I made copies of their everyday outfits (sims walking around in their socks). I've found some sort of solution though by giving them sleepwear that looks like cosy homewear. Sims autonomously spend quite a bit of time in their sleepwear so it's handy.

If you don't mind mods, LittleMsSam have made a mod which makes sims take off their shoes indoors on residential lots. It's called No Shoes at Home.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,259 Member
    Who's going to build an authentic Japanese restaurant? Hopefully someone? @Dannydanbo?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top