Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Maxis please unlock "special" lots?

Comments

• Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I use a mod to live in the Von Haunt Estate, but I agree that all lots, by default, should be open for players to use however we want.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I built on the Bluffs. I didn’t know we weren’t supposed to be able to.

We probably can’t change the one because the Knights of the Hedge have to roam there.

I've built on the bluffs also. Built an all glass house, that is all windows all around.
  • Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    I thought Myshuno Meadows would make a great lot for 'University Housing', but it's lot type is un-editable for some reason.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2020

We probably can’t change the one because the Knights of the Hedge have to roam there.

I've built on the bluffs also. Built an all glass house, that is all windows all around.

you can build on bluffs and the other lots but you can't change lot type which means building family homes to live in or such is completely impossible (sims would go home and all that mess) and you can't assign any useful lots like restaurants or spas or anything with more service sims which is annoying to say the least
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

you can build on bluffs and the other lots but you can't change lot type which means building family homes to live in or such is completely impossible (sims would go home and all that mess) and you can't assign any useful lots like restaurants or spas or anything with more service sims which is annoying to say the least

I have a Sim or had (I deleted the game) living in the house in the bluffs, she was an artist, and I had no problem with her interactions.
  • Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    What do you mean by unlock? You want to build? testingcheats on or true then BB.enablefreebuild
    Never tried to change the lot type. I have to go check it out the next time I play.
    I have built on all the hidden areas. Never tried it the temples though.

Great question. By "unlock", I mean that they shouldn't be restricted in any way. They should just be normal lots. i.e., we shouldn't need to to use bb.enablefreebuild. More importantly, we should be able to change the lot type to fit the stories we want to tell.
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member

I have a Sim or had (I deleted the game) living in the house in the bluffs, she was an artist, and I had no problem with her interactions.

How did you build on the bluffs? I tried and used enable free build but it wouldn't let me? I dont have mods or cc - is it a mod that enables you to rebuild it? thanks
  • Options
    foxybilly wrote: »

How did you build on the bluffs? I tried and used enable free build but it wouldn't let me? I dont have mods or cc - is it a mod that enables you to rebuild it? thanks

It was almost 2 years ago that I had built this, I did not use any CC or mods, don't even know if I used a cheat. I'll have to take a look at the lot again when I have time.
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    @catmando830 if you could I would be really grateful as I have been so keen to build on that lot for years!!
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited September 2020
    I do think it would be nice if we could travel to Sixam or maybe have it unlocked in the world screen like career clothes that appear in CAS.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Entering from Manage World view lets you build on the special lots without cheats.

This thread could be moved to Feedback section, since the question is for EA /The Sims Team / SimGurus to answer. Right now it is in General Discussion. I think OP can move it, by choosing section on the gear.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

It was almost 2 years ago that I had built this, I did not use any CC or mods, don't even know if I used a cheat. I'll have to take a look at the lot again when I have time.

When I added things to the lot I didn’t have to use a cheat, but I left the pool alone. This was over a year ago though.
  • Options
    @catmando830 if you could I would be really grateful as I have been so keen to build on that lot for years!!

I was going to look for the house and try to place it in the bluffs last night, but RL got in the way. It might not be until this weekend that I can get to it. I have a post-it note on my laptop to remind me. B)
  • Options
    Entering from Manage World view lets you build on the special lots without cheats.

This thread could be moved to Feedback section, since the question is for EA /The Sims Team / SimGurus to answer. Right now it is in General Discussion. I think OP can move it, by choosing section on the gear.

I'm not sure that I have that ability. I've checked. I'm fairly certain only a mod can move/delete posts. But you're definitely right, it should be moved to feedback.
  • Options
    @EA_Mai can you please move this thread to the feedback section?
  • Options
    What World is the 'bluffs' in? I couldn't find it, with the limited time I had, this morning.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    What World is the 'bluffs' in? I couldn't find it, with the limited time I had, this morning.

Windenburg.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020
    I assume that some special lots are locked because they have specific gameplay mechanics, like the big park in San Myshuno. I noticed that there are actual fireworks that go off there depending on what you do.

I think Maxis locked them to be on the safe side. From what I understand if you change lots that are connected to gameplay it could lead to crashes, this is why I got error messages when I tried to join the spice festival but the bar lot that they go to was corrupted.

As for the lots in Windenburg, I assume the reason for the Von Haunt Estate for example is because there are unique ghosts there and you can also get invited to a party over there.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I placed a house on the lot in the bluffs. You do it through the worlds screen.

IE65QqF.png
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I don't mind having some of the "Special Lots" as what they are. You can build on them or change things if you want. I've done that with the Science Lab for the Scientist career several times. I keep improving it. I wouldn't want to change the venue type though, I can see how that would break that part of the game. What I would like is to have at least the "Not-Secret-or-Not-Special" lots in Granite Falls and Selvadorada able to change to whatever venue, like Residential. I'd love to have some characters actually living there. Kind of like Strangerville, it's an adventure world, but you can also have characters living there.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I don't mind having some of the "Special Lots" as what they are. You can build on them or change things if you want. I've done that with the Science Lab for the Scientist career several times. I keep improving it. I wouldn't want to change the venue type though, I can see how that would break that part of the game. What I would like is to have at least the "Not-Secret-or-Not-Special" lots in Granite Falls and Selvadorada able to change to whatever venue, like Residential. I'd love to have some characters actually living there. Kind of like Strangerville, it's an adventure world, but you can also have characters living there.

Do you have any pictures?
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It makes sense for some lots to be locked, like the lab in Strangerville, because you couldn’t play the story properly without it .

But for others like the Von Haunt estate I don’t get why.

@Dianesims well... even the Strangerville lab should be unlocked, maybe after you finished the story and all at least once...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @EA_Rtas can you please move this thread to ideas corner or feedback? Please and thank you!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims had a wedding at the bluffs, so I did building there for that event. It was my first wedding, so I had no idea what I was doing.

48305808321_36444fd136_b.jpg
    48305934202_2fb50b18e9_b.jpg
    48305800046_b02fb8c898_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: