Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Maxis please unlock "special" lots?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    My Sims had a wedding at the bluffs, so I did building there for that event. It was my first wedding, so I had no idea what I was doing.

48305808321_36444fd136_b.jpg
    48305934202_2fb50b18e9_b.jpg
    48305800046_b02fb8c898_b.jpg

Very nice! I love the fact they could go swimming.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @Brandonstatez why do you want to unlock those lots?

Because the control of the game should be in the hand of the player. Maxis didn't lock me out of editing the SuperStar studio lots. Yes, what they did was fun and lovely however, Will Wright understood if they gave the tools to the player they would play longer, buy more, and stick around longer. He was more interested in what players could do with his tools than what Maxis could limit to play their way.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The way this game is going perhaps there are plans to unlock these lots later on? Like the way we will now be able to put rental lots in Sulani if we buy the latest pack or it might even be in the Patch. (not sure).
  • Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    The way this game is going perhaps there are plans to unlock these lots later on? Like the way we will now be able to put rental lots in Sulani if we buy the latest pack or it might even be in the Patch. (not sure).

You make a great point there. The fact that they have now implemented rentals in all residentials worlds does give me hope that they'll break down even more restrictions in the future.