Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No wonder The Sims is seen as a joke

Comments

• Options
    Thi5areeThi5aree Posts: 11 New Member
    As someone who isn't able to actually afford all the packs, (I own two packs, City Living and Cats and Dogs), it's definitely just a cash grab. The earlier packs seem more worth their price, especially Cats and Dogs, Seasons and City Living. I'll say Discover University was worth it's money but Island Living and Get Famous are sub-par and not totally worth it. The reason the Sims can actually get people to buy the game and new packs is because there are no other life simulation games like it, (and of course the lovers of sims). If it had some competition, they would definitely listen to the community more. The game gets boring after a while, like most games except it seems to do that much, much quicker. I can't wait for Paralives to come out, because it would urge the Sims team to work harder. I love the game, don't get me wrong but that's not because of Maxis or EA, it's because of mod creators.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For a long time players have been complaining that the worlds in TS4 look too perfect, that there is no dirt and grime. Now they found a way to implement that for almost every world with a feature that adds gameplay and lots of storytelling possibilities. A feature that can be activated or deactivated per save. There will also be new careers (the conservationalist career is different from freelance crafter) and therefore the ability to craft new items (candles, fizzy juice and more). There is more we already know, but so far we have only seen the first trailer, so there is more info to come. Might be more good stuff and it might not. I just think it is an odd choice to decide that this pack is trash at this point unless this is emotional for you because it is not the pack you wanted/expected next.
    Anyway, it is obvious this pack is not for you and I would call it unfortunate, but you seem to dislike the game so much that I don't think any one pack could help with that. As always I will decide how to spend my disposable income after I know enough to make an informed decision. And I really don't care if anyone think that's funny.

This is not the kind of difficulty I asked for. The difficulty I want is consequences between sims themselves for the actions our sims do, having an impact on relationships, careers etc. Since u know I hate this game so much u should also know that jusgt onething could make me buy everything. I always ask for better personalities.
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Jordan061102 What is your true agenda with this thread? The world can wake up without your help when and if it needs to. Until then, leave others be to spend their money how they want on whatever they want. Please refrain from making your problems everyone else's, thank you and good day.

I live in a free country where I am allowed to express my opinion. Have a good day.
    @KaeChan2089 No. Because I have a right to voice my opinion too - it is a discussion forum and you're not just allowed to comment if you agree on something. Stop policing ME. ;)

Well, you're countersaying yourself darling. :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Loanet wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of people bad-mouthing this next pack will buy it anyway. I mean, it's got a NEW WAY TO DIE! Also there's CAS.

They'll also feel special that they encourage pollution even though senseless torture is a theme throughout The Sims.

Okay, fine if you think you'll enjoy it. But imma ask one question, honnestly, will you really bother to clean a dirty world more than maximum 3 times? Thats the problem, I'm certain more than 80% of people who will buy this pack won't do it more than 3 times. For me there's just not enough on garbage to make it an expansion. It is supposed to provide long term gameplay.

I definitely feel I'd do it more than 3 times.

The ladders will be a free upgrade so not part of what makes this pack worth it to me and neither is the death as I have no interest in letting SIms die, but I love the theme and would definitley play it a lot, probably in every save from now on to be honest,unless a challenge doesn't allow for it,but Irarely do challenges, I just want to add pollution to my current worlds andthat'sworth it to me.

Ok, thank you for your mature answer. There's still people who don't agree with me but can express their opinion without being so defensive. I appreciate it.
    @GalacticGal Erik? I need to add your family to my current save! I don't mind my Sims kissing members of either gender, but I do feel very uneasy when they must kiss an ugly randomly generated pear. Which they always must :s *Paints you Old School* :D

I'm asking you in the most polite way, stop derailing my thread since I'm not allowed to have an opinion.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    But once again, this is a once & never again pack, again!

@Jordan061102 I don't consider this a "once & never again" pack. It's been confirmed by SimGuruFrost that 1: there is NO storyline to play out like Strangerville & 2: all worlds except the destination & strangerville worlds will also be affected by the smog, pollution, etc and that there will be a way to "pause" said effects per save. And I am one of many who welcome this pack as we'll now be able to have "dirty" worlds and I've read of a few simmers planning to use it to create apocalypse-type worlds. I personally can't wait for this pack.

The bolded part: and that's the problem. I wouldn't have minded it so much if they didn't cause the other neighborhoods to be affected. Not every place is polluted.

I think at this point, even though I considered myself a collector, I'm going to stop collecting. I'm retired now, money no longer grows on trees, so to speak, I'm going to buy what I think I'll like. This really doesn't sound so good to me.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    For a long time players have been complaining that the worlds in TS4 look too perfect, that there is no dirt and grime. Now they found a way to implement that for almost every world with a feature that adds gameplay and lots of storytelling possibilities. A feature that can be activated or deactivated per save. There will also be new careers (the conservationalist career is different from freelance crafter) and therefore the ability to craft new items (candles, fizzy juice and more). There is more we already know, but so far we have only seen the first trailer, so there is more info to come. Might be more good stuff and it might not. I just think it is an odd choice to decide that this pack is trash at this point unless this is emotional for you because it is not the pack you wanted/expected next.
    Anyway, it is obvious this pack is not for you and I would call it unfortunate, but you seem to dislike the game so much that I don't think any one pack could help with that. As always I will decide how to spend my disposable income after I know enough to make an informed decision. And I really don't care if anyone think that's funny.

This is not the kind of difficulty I asked for. The difficulty I want is consequences between sims themselves for the actions our sims do, having an impact on relationships, careers etc. Since u know I hate this game so much u should also know that jusgt onething could make me buy everything. I always ask for better personalities.

Ok, but in your OP you claim that "half of the basegame things (are) missing" and request that Simmers stop buying new packs. I did not know that you "always ask for better personalities". I cannot recall reading any of your posts in the past and was not aware I needed to do research to understand your actual motivation for starting this thread. Also, I never used the word "hate" in my post. I do not use it lightly and when it comes to TS4 it is solely reserved for the eyeball ring.
    I actually don't disagree about the personality part. For me the biggest mistake was making Emotions the strongest motivation behind Sims' actions - followed by skill levels and traits having little or no effect - which indeed cannot be rectified by any pack. It is clearly a BG issue. I just don't see how calling this pack "trash" is going to help your cause, as it were. I can still have a lot of fun with TS4 it just involves more of me actively guiding my Sims in lieu of other driving factors, which understandibly is not for everyone. Just an idea, but maybe put that thing about "always asking for better personalities" in your signature to let people know what your posts are about in case you forget to mention it again next time.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    I'm not upset with this pack at all, I'm however upset that they're not addressing the other problems with the game. Namely, the Sims themselves. They're so uninteresting yet they're the core of the game. I just lost interest now but I wouldn't have if they would have made them more life-like. Give them hobbies, interests, make them react to it et cetera. Right now they're all mindless robots that and I just can't take playing with it anymore.

Adding NPC progression is something we already have with mods, but kudos for probably adding it.

What I really want though is for the Sims themselves to feel more alive, then I'm back in the game again. Personalities... make a system where each sim is unique because of it.

yes exactly!
    sims need personality and improved ai. traits, more animations, more interactions, more things to do and more places to go other than rabbit holes. the sims 4 had so much potential but after 6 years the improvement is barely noticeable
    most of the players spend their time in cas or build mode because the gameplay is lacking. we gotta do EVERYTHING in order to feel like we're playing, sims do nothing on themselves other than troll the forums or play blicbloc
    ts4 has the dumbest sims in the whole franchise and it's disappointing
    also emotions- if you gonna implement something so complex in the game, at least make it right!!!

sim: my beloved wife just died! but oh my god this room is looking fine. result: happy
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    I'm not upset with this pack at all, I'm however upset that they're not addressing the other problems with the game. Namely, the Sims themselves. They're so uninteresting yet they're the core of the game. I just lost interest now but I wouldn't have if they would have made them more life-like. Give them hobbies, interests, make them react to it et cetera. Right now they're all mindless robots that and I just can't take playing with it anymore.

Adding NPC progression is something we already have with mods, but kudos for probably adding it.

What I really want though is for the Sims themselves to feel more alive, then I'm back in the game again. Personalities... make a system where each sim is unique because of it.

yes exactly!
    sims need personality and improved ai. traits, more animations, more interactions, more things to do and more places to go other than rabbit holes. the sims 4 had so much potential but after 6 years the improvement is barely noticeable
    most of the players spend their time in cas or build mode because the gameplay is lacking. we gotta do EVERYTHING in order to feel like we're playing, sims do nothing on themselves other than troll the forums or play blicbloc
    also emotions- if you gonna implement something so complex in the game, at least make it right!!!

sim: my beloved wife just died! but oh my god this room is looking fine. result: happy

Thats the problem, sims are too darn happy lol!! The whole emotion system is awful, they are always changing moods like they are bi-polar LOL!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    Is it June 5 yet?
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Ok, but in your OP you claim that "half of the basegame things (are) missing" and request that Simmers stop buying new packs. I did not know that you "always ask for better personalities". I cannot recall reading any of your posts in the past and was not aware I needed to do research to understand your actual motivation for starting this thread. Also, I never used the word "hate" in my post. I do not use it lightly and when it comes to TS4 it is solely reserved for the eyeball ring.
    I actually don't disagree about the personality part. For me the biggest mistake was making Emotions the strongest motivation behind Sims' actions - followed by skill levels and traits having little or no effect - which indeed cannot be rectified by any pack. It is clearly a BG issue. I just don't see how calling this pack "trash" is going to help your cause, as it were. I can still have a lot of fun with TS4 it just involves more of me actively guiding my Sims in lieu of other driving factors, which understandibly is not for everyone. Just an idea, but maybe put that thing about "always asking for better personalities" in your signature to let people know what your posts are about in case you forget to mention it again next time.

Well people tend to see more of the negative than the positive, always. I've done plenty of threads talking about this, with constructive criticism in case u don't believe me. (:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971309/is-maxis-finally-giving-us-better-personalities/p1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/954487/better-personalities-ideas#latest
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955942/do-you-think-we-will-ever-get-better-personalities#latest
    And this one where I tried doing a summary of every ideas every single week : https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956460/what-can-be-done-to-fix-sims-themselves#latest
    So no I tried the nice way. Those one were about better personalities but it doesn't change the fact that there's still so much missing to this game. So if you got a problem with me voicing out my opinion, just mute me.
    Is it June 5 yet?

You might have missed a month on your calendar. :wink:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

yes exactly!

Thats the problem, sims are too darn happy lol!! The whole emotion system is awful, they are always changing moods like they are bi-polar LOL!

I have the Meaningful Stories mod for this. It changes the way the emotion system works and I honestly can't play my game without it. I can't stand how no matter what happens in their lives my sims would always feel happy because of their decorations. The mod removes decorations affecting moods and balances emotions so they don't change quite so sporadically, it also alters the default emotion state to fine instead of happy. I can't think why anybody would of designed the emotion system the way it is without mods, it's really awful.
  • Options
    SintheaSinthea Posts: 29 Member
    I'm excited for the pack. It fits well with some of the challenges I enjoy playing and opens up a lot of story options for me.

On the topic of paying for a unfinished game however- this is *not* a issue isolated to TS4 or even EA. It has become a issue more and more as the home internet connection and ability to download patches and purchase DLC became mainstream. A game doesn't *have* to be finished anymore because they can always patch it or release more features later.

Patches and hotfixes are a way of life now. Another game I play, Final Fantasy 14 (It's a MMO so not a perfect example) is introducing a major patch to condense the story in the first phase of the game and introduce flying in areas where it wasn't present for the last few years. I've seen patches that raised drop rates for items I had to grind weeks for, allowing others to collect them in a day or to remove a requirement to unlock the rest of your class quests.

TS4 isn't the only game by far that uses patches to introduce features that many would believe should be present from the start of the game. Honestly, it plagues almost all games.
    It's just one of those days...
    Remaking the Apocalypse Challenge
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

yes exactly!

Yeah the default happy does not help the game a lot. The environment buffs don't either. Makes me miss personality points. My sister does have bipolar so yes hard to see all Sims act that way too. Parenthood pack helps with giving personality and Get Famous does a little bit with the game system, but whole base game design is unbalanced and SimGuruDaniel who understood it got laid off so that doesn't help either.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    So if you got a problem with me voicing out my opinion, just mute me.

Not at all and nothing I wrote even suggested that. I just don't share your opinion. There is a difference.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Voice your opinion - as YOUR opinion - all you want. But don't pretend that others are obliged to agree. Particularly when your opinion is simply not supported by verifiable facts, like the popularity of this version of The Sims compared to others, or the broadness of that appeal, or the variety of media (geared toward cultured, professional adults) that find the game worthy of discussion and don't see it as a joke at all.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks let's bring this on track and keep it civil, if people want to express their opinion on their like or dislike of the game they're perfectly entitled to as long as they abide by the forum rules. I haven't removed any posts from here as of yet but if it continues in the manner it has been going I will have to. Let's keep it friendly in here.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I cannot believe it, I just saw the trailer for this expansion pack. I am floored... So...they made a expansion pack...about your sims cleaning. But wait. Not not just their homes but the environment! Shocker. I guess cleaning up the beaches in island living wasnt enough so it had to get its own expansion pack. Cause you know, cleaning brings so much depth and gameplay. So after you're done cleaning you can just dirty it back up and clean again or do nothing since their wont be anything else to do..after you're done cleaning. wow... did we ask for a garbage expansion pack cause we already have plenty of those. I can not...this game never stops amazing me.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited May 2020
    People who are complaining about the game are flooding all sections with their complaints, and everyone is just supposed to shut up and take it. It's funny how people of opposing opinions are not given the same freedom of speech, but told to move on. Well, how about moving on from the self-pity that buying this game and its additional content has apparently resulted in instead?

I was on these forums for the longest time and seen plenty of s4 players telling s3 players or those who were not simply happy to move on, pipe down, or just stick with s3. They push back hard on the family players when toddlers were absent from the game and told them to stop ruining their excitement. This isnt an attack or anything, but I'm letting you know those very same things have been told to us.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I cannot believe it, I just saw the trailer for this expansion pack. I am floored... So...they made a expansion pack...about your sims cleaning. But wait. Not not just their homes but the environment! Shocker. I guess cleaning up the beaches in island living wasnt enough so it had to get its own expansion pack. Cause you know, cleaning brings so much depth and gameplay. So after you're done cleaning you can just dirty it back up and clean again or do nothing since their wont be anything else to do..after you're done cleaning. wow... did we ask for a garbage expansion pack cause we already have plenty of those. I can not...this game never stops amazing me.
    I like to clean. It is relaxing and good exercise. Always have things to do during lockdown and amazing how positive it made me feel mentally. Hoarding Buried Alive and Marie Kondo's come to mind when thinking of the pack. Cleaning up the beach wasn't enough gameplay for me. I am so excited to see a Dystopian world and dumpster diving back. I loved doing those things in the Sims 3.

I like cleaning up after toddlers in the game too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2020
    Why are people trying to convince us that we are a lot of fools for liking a particular game and in addition trying to persuade us to lay our money out on something we might not? You are welcome to do that if you wish.

Thank you all but I will stick with my Sims games for the moment. I don't like the "people" or "creatures" in other games. I'm spending my unspent coffee money on supporting my favourite charities. They need it more than game manufacturers, who appear to be doing very well without my support.

The occasional Sims 4 pack excepted of course and I like the look of the two we know about, coming in future months.

Keep safe everybody. <3
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I like to clean. It is relaxing and good exercise. Always have things to do during lockdown and amazing how positive it made me feel mentally. Hoarding Buried Alive and Marie Kondo's come to mind when thinking of the pack. Cleaning up the beach wasn't enough gameplay for me. I am so excited to see a Dystopian world and dumpster diving back. I loved doing those things in the Sims 3.

That's great I'm happy the pack is suited for you. But for me, I want a pack that's a little bit more than doing choirs.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    I love chores in game. I hope we eventually get lawn mowers and vacuum cleaners. I'd love to see dusting and window washing. All tied in some way with the Parenthood character values and allowances for kids and teens.

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2020
    That's great I'm happy the pack is suited for you. But for me, I want a pack that's a little bit more than doing choirs.

So, you zero in on one aspect of play this pack provides - cleaning up a polluted environment - a feature that can be turned off in settings and bypassed completely allowing one to focus on other things, and ignore the crafting, gardening, Build/Buy, CAS and other elements we also see? We haven't even had the gameplay trailer yet, let alone the developer livestream. It's fine if you aren't excited by the dynamic worlds. But to pretend that is all we were shown of this pack so far seems disingenuous.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Scobre wrote: »

Sims don't have to do them. Can leave world in dystopian and have them live their best hoarder life too. Why I like it, options for both lifestyles. Like I enjoy having laundry be optional.

That is what I like is it brings back the Sims 2 motto challenge everything even the mundane things about life. I like realism and fantasy and Sims has always been about both.
  • Options
    People who are complaining about the game are flooding all sections with their complaints, and everyone is just supposed to shut up and take it. It's funny how people of opposing opinions are not given the same freedom of speech, but told to move on. Well, how about moving on from the self-pity that buying this game and its additional content has apparently resulted in instead?

I was on these forums for the longest time and seen plenty of s4 players telling s3 players or those who were not simply happy to move on, pipe down, or just stick with s3. They push back hard on the family players when toddlers were absent from the game and told them to stop ruining their excitement. This isnt an attack or anything, but I'm letting you know those very same things have been told to us.

Right!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    We've got a new Guru on Twitter and it could be that us builders will be lucky with this pack anyway. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top