Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What can be done to fix sims themselves?

I may be annoying with my personalities but I think it's crucial for TS4 to keep it interesting at this point.

1. Memory
2. More impactful traits
3. Better whims
4. Decrease the impact of the happy emotion
5. Better reactions (don't hug your enemy please)

You can continue the list with your ideas. Thank's to contribute, if we want to see a change we have to make noise, it's our responsability. 🙏
Lu4ERme.gif

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'd like to see a return of something like the randomly assigned interests, as well as gaining hobby interests based on what your sim actually does and ends up liking. I think they're both from TS2 originally. But I really liked that aspect of random interests especially, because it was a fun personality aspect that you didn't have complete control over. It was unexpected. But if you didn't like them or wish your sim had different interests, you could just ignore them and it wouldn't really harm you, or cultivate a hobby to make up for it. However, I know that there are probably a fair amount of simmers who don't want "randomness" added to their Sims (although it makes them way more interesting than always doing it yourself and falling into a 'type' imho), so I think it'd good to also have some sort of cheat or something so that people could set it themselves if they really wanted to.

I also miss the wants/fears dichotomy. All my whims for all my sims are the same and never change based on who I want them to be.

I also really don't care for moodlets, but that's less of a personality problem.

Edit: I think you're right op only way we get anything done around here is to make enough noise about it. As long as everyone's being civil and not bullying, it's not an issue.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I'd like to see a return of something like the randomly assigned interests, as well as gaining hobby interests based on what your sim actually does and ends up liking. I think they're both from TS2 originally. But I really liked that aspect of random interests especially, because it was a fun personality aspect that you didn't have complete control over. It was unexpected. But if you didn't like them or wish your sim had different interests, you could just ignore them and it wouldn't really harm you, or cultivate a hobby to make up for it. However, I know that there are probably a fair amount of simmers who don't want "randomness" added to their Sims (although it makes them way more interesting than always doing it yourself and falling into a 'type' imho), so I think it'd good to also have some sort of cheat or something so that people could set it themselves if they really wanted to.

I also miss the wants/fears dichotomy. All my whims for all my sims are the same and never change based on who I want them to be.

I also really don't care for moodlets, but that's less of a personality problem.

Edit: I think you're right op only way we get anything done around here is to make enough noise about it. As long as everyone's being civil and not bullying, it's not an issue.

I like the idea of random interests. Otherwise it will be like parenthood, all my sims would be responsable and polite.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I would also like it if Sims did more impactful things on their own. Like maybe taking a disliking to another sim, or wanting to be friends with someone. When I leave a household to play another, my sim makes enemies and friends, which I like. But as long as I'm playing that family, they seem to stop that behavior, which I think is a shame. Unless I work to keep it up, all the relationships fall back to relatively neutral. And I don't mind putting work in, I just want my Sims to as well (again, when it's the active household. When it's not they seem to do fine).
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I really like the ideas all of you have so far. Don't have anything to add to it at the moment, just wanted to add my support to the ideas already mentioned. As you all have said, if we don't say anything nothing will get fixed.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    I really like the ideas all of you have so far. Don't have anything to add to it at the moment, just wanted to add my support to the ideas already mentioned. As you all have said, if we don't say anything nothing will get fixed.

Thank you! :smile:
    Lu4ERme.gif
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    I would also like it if Sims did more impactful things on their own. Like maybe taking a disliking to another sim, or wanting to be friends with someone. When I leave a household to play another, my sim makes enemies and friends, which I like. But as long as I'm playing that family, they seem to stop that behavior, which I think is a shame. Unless I work to keep it up, all the relationships fall back to relatively neutral. And I don't mind putting work in, I just want my Sims to as well (again, when it's the active household. When it's not they seem to do fine).

Yeah this is so true, when sims are enemies if you let them talk they will do friendly interactions...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    @EA_Mai can you pin this thread? I think it is as important as the ''what can be done to fix TS4'' thread.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2019
    I don't think you are annoying, this is the most important aspect of The Sims, in fact EA's TS4 homepage literally says "Create Sims... with distinct personalities". This is just a barefaced lie. How can you advertise sims having unique personalities when they all do almost the exact same things? Every sim is a gamer, every sim likes books, any sim can date any sim and the list goes on and on. There are very few things that actually make sims feel like individuals.

To answer your question;
    • Likes and dislikes (similar implementation to club activities) this way every sim I play wouldn't have the gaming skill and be a bookworm ¬_¬
    • Turn ons/offs (like sims 2, never played it but sounds good) this would make sims dating actually interesting instead of any sim just dating any sim
    • More traits to choose from e.g. "socially awkward", "green thumb", "shy", "irritable" etc
    • More trait slots because 3 is just so needlessly restrictive
    • Whims that are related to what activities the sim is doing at the time, not random stuff that has no relevance on whats going on
    • Emotional auras need to be tuned down so they don't just overwrite sims emotions based on traits
    • More emotions like "fear" and "annoyed", "angry" and "tense" just do not cut it.

Traits would have more of an impact if sims actually had things they did and did not like. Traits just feel way to superficial.

I like this thread topic and I think we should keep this up so the developers can see our issues with the game, I am sure they can see it too.

I actually agree with everything you've said except that sims can just date anyone. I don't know if I'm crazy but I really think there is already some kind of attraction equation in place in TS4. Because some sim couples I just can't seem to make happen in any way that feels natural. I would have to force it a lot because there's just seemingly no.. connection? They get bored all the time or annoyed or just leave... 😂 But then there's also the complete opposite, sims that hit it off on the spot, make each other feel better, and have spectacular woohoo. And the remaining just fine-types. I actually like however that happens.

But either way, yes, I'm all for making the personalities stand out more, a la TS2. And for turning the positive emotions down just a taaaat more ;) even though it got better, but there's definitely still some room for improvement.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited March 2019
    Ahaha, I'm right there with you with the personalities thing, though. It's so important to me. All my sims feel exactly the same and it's so annoying. It's all been said many times before, but the emotions are the main problem. Emotions are running traits and whims and interactions and everything else in the game. I don't dislike emotions, but I do think it was implemented pretty poorly.

Why can't I make a serious sim who doesn't like jokes or games and has more fun reading than being on their phone? A sim that isn't always smiling by default?

I like to refer to this when talking about the problems of traits in ts4 compared to ts3.
    ts3-and-ts4-bookworms.jpg
    And that's just one trait.

But, yeah, things said before like chemistry, hobbies, memories (instead of just remembering being a happy toddler, maybe remembering a breakup or something). Favorites/Likes and Dislikes, even as like food or TV/Radio stations (I'm tired of my sims autonomously turning on the Kid's channel and then getting bored because of 'kiddy stuff'), are all things that can help.

I do miss the wants/wants & fears system, too...whims do not replace them at all.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
    edited March 2019
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    Ahaha, I'm right there with you with the personalities thing, though. It's so important to me. All my sims feel exactly the same and it's so annoying. It's all been said many times before, but the emotions are the main problem. Emotions are running traits and whims and interactions and everything else in the game. I don't dislike emotions, but I do think it was implemented pretty poorly.

Why can't I make a serious sim who doesn't like jokes or games and has more fun reading than being on their phone? A sim that isn't always smiling by default?

I like to refer to this when talking about the problems of traits in ts4 compared to ts3.
    ts3-and-ts4-bookworms.jpg
    And that's just one trait.

But, yeah, things said before like chemistry, hobbies, memories (instead of just remembering being a happy toddler, maybe remembering a breakup or something). Favorites/Likes and Dislikes, even as like food or TV/Radio stations (I'm tired of my sims autonomously turning on the Kid's channel and then getting bored because of 'kiddy stuff'), are all things that can help.

I do miss the wants/wants & fears system, too...whims do not replace them at all.

Yeah, every sims like the same things. All my sims like to listen some music, read book, play computer. That's what they all do, this is so annoying. And for comparison of the trait from TS3 to TS4 it is so impressing. A bookworm in TS4 has only 2 ''special interactions'' that change nothing for the gameplay except having a stupid moodlet. We need gameplay. I'm so distraught.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don't think you are annoying, this is the most important aspect of The Sims, in fact EA's TS4 homepage literally says "Create Sims... with distinct personalities". This is just a barefaced lie. How can you advertise sims having unique personalities when they all do almost the exact same things? Every sim is a gamer, every sim likes books, any sim can date any sim and the list goes on and on. There are very few things that actually make sims feel like individuals.

To answer your question;
    • Likes and dislikes (similar implementation to club activities) this way every sim I play wouldn't have the gaming skill and be a bookworm ¬_¬
    • Turn ons/offs (like sims 2, never played it but sounds good) this would make sims dating actually interesting instead of any sim just dating any sim
    • More traits to choose from e.g. "socially awkward", "green thumb", "shy", "irritable" etc
    • Whims that are related to what activities the sim is doing at the time, not random stuff that has no relevance on whats going on
    • Emotional auras need to be tuned down so they don't just overwrite sims emotions based on traits
    • More emotions like "fear" and "annoyed", "angry" and "tense" just do not cut it.

Traits would have more of an impact if sims actually had things they did and did not like. Traits just feel way to superficial.

I like this thread topic and I think we should keep this up so the developers can see our issues with the game, I am sure they can see it too.

I actually agree with everything you've said except that sims can just date anyone. I don't know if I'm crazy but I really think there is already some kind of attraction equation in place in TS4. Because some sim couples I just can't seem to make happen in any way that feels natural. I would have to force it a lot because there's just seemingly no.. connection? They get bored all the time or annoyed or just leave... 😂 But then there's also the complete opposite, sims that hit it off on the spot, make each other feel better, and have spectacular woohoo. And the remaining just fine-types. I actually like however that happens.

But either way, yes, I'm all for making the personalities stand out more, a la TS2. And for turning the positive emotions down just a taaaat more ;) even though it got better, but there's definitely still some room for improvement.

It would be better to have a proper attraction system than having to ''guess''. Cause in this game it's a lot of ''creating stories'' by yourself, but there's no proper tools for making real stories in the gameplay. I want to see the gameplay, I don't want to create my gameplay, it's the reason why I play a game, otherwise if I want to create a story by myself I take a paper and I write a book.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member

To answer your question;

Yeah, when I say sims will date any other sim I mean it isn't based on anything, its just random. It should be, that sims have some kind of attraction whether it is physical or mental or whatever lol. Not just the game deciding for me that this relationship can or cannot be.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

To answer your question;

Yeah, when I say sims will date any other sim I mean it isn't based on anything, its just random. It should be, that sims have some kind of attraction whether it is physical or mental or whatever lol. Not just the game deciding for me that this relationship can or cannot be.

Yeah I totally get your point - what I don't want though is the way this used to work in TS3. I really didn't like my sims seeing a random sim pass by and *boom* be super attracted to them. I don't mind it being somewhat clearer what does or doesn't make the attraction happen, as long as it isn't forced on me through that system either.

To answer your question;

Yeah I totally get your point - what I don't want though is the way this used to work in TS3. I really didn't like my sims seeing a random sim pass by and *boom* be super attracted to them. I don't mind it being somewhat clearer what does or doesn't make the attraction happen, as long as it isn't forced on me through that system either.

Hmm, you make a great point. I have never played any of the previous titles so I didn't think of this. I think that whims would be a great place to use this instant attraction thing.

So let's say your sim is walking and passes someone they are attracted to, a special whim could pop up that makes your sim want to talk them. It would need to show the sims face or something though so you know which sim to talk to.

To answer your question;

I agree with this. We should have toggle to turn it on/off for the players who don't want to be forced.

Lu4ERme.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    why such a complaint all of a sudden i clearly do not see anything wrong with how the sims are in the sims4 so i fully disagree with everything stated in this post
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    why such a complaint all of a sudden i clearly do not see anything wrong with how the sims are in the sims4 so i fully disagree with everything stated in this post

You can disagree.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    Expand Traits and Trait Slots
    -Toddlers Should have 3 Traits, Children should have 4, Teenagers should have 5 and Young Adults 6, and Adults 7
    **There's no reason why I should have to narrow my character's traits, down to 2 for Teenagers. let alone 3 for adults

I wanted one of my teenage sim to be Warm-Hearted, an Adventure Seeker, a Bro, a Geek, and a Foodie

Favorites:(If we want to do an attraction system it should be included here)
    Body Type: Slim, Average, Toned, Curvy, Thick

Personality Types: A(Similar/Equivalent Traits); B(Opposite Traits); C(Your choice): Choose traits you want your sim to be attracted to.

Color: Could have an affect on particle effects or something. If my sim is a Sorcerer, his magic particle effects would be Blood Red, or Gold
    like if he disappears in a cloud of Smoke, like the Grim Reaper, or Vampire's Mist Form, the cloud of smoke would be Gold.

Food & Drink: sims will autominously make and eat their favorite foods, they get sad/angry when it's poor quality
    my favorite foods: Honey Glazed Ham/Bacon/BLT Sandwich, a Bowl of (Red Concord) Grapes,
    and Cheesecake topped with Peanut Butter and Caramel

and for Drinks: Strawberry Milkshake, Root Beer for adults :# , oooh and (Vodka Sprite) Lemonade... yas Lawd.

Hobby: sims will autonomously do their favorite hobbies.
    Mine would be Archery, Video Games, Sketching, Music, Writing, Soccer, Gardening, Body Building, and Woohoo.

It took me a while to get a little bit more creative with my sim's Aspirations.
    and I guess, what I would want is a way to delve in to my sim's aspirations and set styles they are after.
    So for example, let's say my Sim's aspiration is Mansion Baron - he wants to own a large estate.
    of course we can build whatever and the sim will be happy with it. but what if the Aspiration had a way to pick a style of home?
    I have several Sims who are Mansion Barons, and their styles vary:
    Neoclassic
    Second Empire
    Victorian
    Colonial
    Rustic
    Modern
    Medeterrainan
    Germanic
    American Craftsman

This way if the sim were to move into a house that didn't fit their style, or you built them a house you know they won't like, they would be horrified either want to move out, or very eager to renovate the place. Of course the issue is how will the game search for those features?
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited March 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Expand Traits and Trait Slots
    -Toddlers Should have 3 Traits, Children should have 4, Teenagers should have 5 and Young Adults 6, and Adults 7
    **There's no reason why I should have to narrow my character's traits, down to 2 for Teenagers. let alone 3 for adults

I wanted one of my teenage sim to be Warm-Hearted, an Adventure Seeker, a Bro, a Geek, and a Foodie

Favorites:(If we want to do an attraction system it should be included here)
    Body Type: Slim, Average, Toned, Curvy, Thick

Personality Types: A(Similar/Equivalent Traits); B(Opposite Traits); C(Your choice): Choose traits you want your sim to be attracted to.

Color: Could have an affect on particle effects or something. If my sim is a Sorcerer, his magic particle effects would be Blood Red, or Gold
    like if he disappears in a cloud of Smoke, like the Grim Reaper, or Vampire's Mist Form, the cloud of smoke would be Gold.

Food & Drink: sims will autominously make and eat their favorite foods, they get sad/angry when it's poor quality
    mine favorite foods: Honey Glazed Ham/Bacon/BLT Sandwich, a Bowl of (Red Concord) Grapes,
    and Cheesecake topped with Peanut Butter and Caramel

and for Drinks: Strawberry Milkshake, Root Beer for adults :# , oooh and (Vodka Sprite) Lemonade... yas Lawd.

Hobby: sims will autonomously do their favorite hobbies.
    Mine would be Archery, Video Games, Sketching, Music, Writing, Soccer, Gardening, Body Building, and Woohoo.

It took me a while to get a little bit more creative with my sim's Aspirations.
    and I guess, what I would want is a way to delve in to my sim's aspirations and set styles they are after.
    So for example, let's say my Sim's aspiration is Mansion Baron - he wants to own a large estate.
    of course we can build whatever and the sim will be happy with it. but what if the Aspiration had a way to pick a style of home?
    I have several Sims who are Mansion Barons, and their styles vary:
    Neoclassic
    Second Empire
    Victorian
    Colonial
    Rustic
    Modern
    Medeterrainan
    Germanic
    American Craftsman

This way if the sim were to move into a house that didn't fit their style, or you built them a house you know they won't like, they would be horrified either want to move out, or very eager to renovate the place. Of course the issue is how will the game search for those features?

Some parts of your post made me laugh. :smiley: I never thought about the idea of food & drink but that's neat. It would be so good to have sims getting sad/angry when their favorite foods are bad quality. You evoked some great ideas.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I may ask some simmers what are your thoughts? I'm sorry to be a bit intrusive but it really counts for me... :neutral:
    @Cinebar @MidnightAura @Writin_Reg @luvdasims55 @Sigzy05 @JoAnne65 @Cynna @SarahsShady @AHolyToilet @CoteDAzur @Goodywood @drake_mccarty @ElenPink @BrittanyChick22 @mika @mommy19959699 @Dianesims @agustd @Oldeseadogge @Karon @SimChessack @Elegantblkchina1 @Kniga_Sitara @Sk8rblaze @TopNotchToddler @CeCeDot @izecson @ListentoToppDogg @AshtontoAshton22 @RoboSpongie @rudy8292 @catloverplayer @Aine @Sofmc9 @comicsforlife @soko37 @OhMyHemsworth @Scobre @LaQueenNoire @AfterMidnight @musteni @GrumpyGlowfish @MDianaSanders @citysimmer @SerraNolwen @ladybreid @KottonKrown @ZhaguiSimmer @r0b0tman5 @VentusMatt @ThePinkBookGirl @Zeldaboy180 @Simburian @keekee53 @Sucom @Louise_Wordsworth @thevogel @mcorral @elanorbreton @Freygea
    Once again, I'm sorry for bothering you guys but I really need your help.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2019
    I may be annoying with my personalities but I think it's crucial for TS4 to keep it interesting at this point.

1. Memory
    2. More impactful traits
    3. Better whims
    4. Decrease the impact of the happy emotion
    5. Better reactions (don't hug your enemy please)

You can continue the list with your ideas. Thank's to contribute, if we want to see a change we have to make noise, it's our responsability. 🙏
    I wish more people were 'annoying' about this.

Everything you said and:
    • No auras that trigger emotions; emotions are great but should be purely based on social interactions or events
    • Traits Sims 3 and 4 style purely based on skills, personalities handled like in Sims 2 (with sliders)
    • Emotions influenced by personality (a hot tempered sim should get easier irritated than other sims for instance)
    5JZ57S6.png
    @Jordan061102 I find the large majority of players to be quite friendly on here, so I don't think they would mind being tagged lol.

There's a thread that asks "what we want to see in the game" but it only seems to be talking about items/objects etc. I think we need one that is specifically to do with the actually sims.

I still don't understand why after so much feedback, there hasn't been any word from the developers on personalities and sim depth (unless I'm missing something). It would be good to know why, seen as it's a listed feature of the game that doesn't actually exist in game.

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh, you're not bothering Jordan. I could post here what I posted in another thread.
    I'd like exclusive traits for children/teens, similar to the mod Triplis made. He added 8 traits.

Bold
    Fretful
    Gigglemeister
    Rocket
    Sensitive
    Sleuth
    Sweetie
    Tattletale

Tattletale/clingy kids have the option to follow parents around, tell on their siblings.. "Sim who is told on gets scolded and gets angry moodlet."

rLmMpiT.png

She followed her mother to bed then woke her up, and since I made a mod that lets kids be carried by adults, they have the option to snuggle in their arms. The devs could add this for the clingy kids trait too.

Grq9Uzc.png

Description of each trait. (better post it in parts) ; )

Bold

Features:
    Character Values- Gains some Responsibility when the trait is added in live mode (e.g. during age-up).
    Special idle animation in live mode, with the same frequency as toddler trait idles (note: idle animation you see in CAS doesn't necessarily reflect what the trait's idle will be in live mode)
    Confident walkstyle by default
    Randomly Confident moodlet
    Friends with the "Monster Under the Bed" by default.
    Autonomy (general)- More likely to do mischief interactions
    Interaction- Play Quiet Game (non-autonomous): Target another sim and pick what all child sims participate in the game. Lasts 2 hours, uninterrupted. Raises child skills Social, Creative, and Mental. Gives Fun and Social Need.
    Interaction- Incite Domestic Defiance (non-autonomous): Target another sim and pick what all child sims listen to the speech. Lasts 30 seconds, uninterrupted. Raises child skill Social. Gives Fun and Social Need. Success results in listeners making a mess and not autonomously cleaning while the moodlet they're given is active. Failure results in negative moodlet for all parties involved.
    Interaction- Practice Looking Competent (autonomous): Appears on any mirror. Raises child skill Social. Gives Fun Need. Lowers most types of negative moodlets. Has privacy settings (can result in embarrassment if somebody walks in while it's going).

Fretful

Features:
    Character Values- Gains some Emotional Control when the trait is added in live mode (e.g. during age-up).
    Special idle animation in live mode, with the same frequency as toddler trait idles (note: idle animation you see in CAS doesn't necessarily reflect what the trait's idle will be in live mode)
    Sleepy walkstyle by default (can swap to Jog walkstyle with certain Inspired moodlets, such as from playing music skillfully)
    Randomly Inspired moodlet (if both Piano and Violin skill are 5 or higher)
    Moodlet Replacement- Bad playing gives a Sad instead of Embarrassed when nearby sims hear your bad playing
    Moodlet Replacement- The Inspired moodlet from interactions like "Plunk for Inspiration" is stronger and gives the Jog walkstyle while active
    Moodlet Replacements- Cool Key Chords (Piano) and Soothing Strings (Violin) give an Inspired moodlet instead of Happy
    Interaction- Fret Studiously (autonomous): Appears on Piano and Child Violin. Functions almost identically to Practice. Mostly exists as a way to ensure that Fretful children will have some autonomy pull to use instruments, even with little to no skill.
    Interaction- Party Fun Ditty (non-autonomous): Appears on Piano if Fretful child has 8 or higher Piano skill. Raises skill Piano. Gives Fun Need. Triggers reaction; nearby sims will change into Party outfit and start dancing if there is a stereo nearby playing music that they can dance to.
    Interaction- [hidden] (autonomous): Can only activate if Fretful child has 5 or higher skill in both Piano and Violin. Once they do, this interaction should trigger fairly frequently, particularly if Fun Need is low. It gives an Inspired moodlet which changes the walkstyle to Jog and chooses an autonomous music interaction to perform if an instrument is available.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Gigglemeister

Features:
    Character Values- Loses some Manners when the trait is added in live mode (e.g. during age-up).
    Autonomy (general)- More likely to do comedy interactions
    Interaction- Force Laughter (autonomous): Raises child skill Creativity and Fun Need. Gives a Playful moodlet at the end.
    Interaction- Talk to Self (autonomous): Raises child skill Creativity, gives Fun, Social Need, and a Playful moodlet at the end.
    Interaction- Silly Dance (autonomous): Requires Playful mood to be available. Raises child skill Creativity and Motor, gives Fun Need. Causes nearby toddlers to do a dance.

Rocket

Features:
    Character Values- Loses some Responsibility when the trait is added in live mode (e.g. during age-up).
    Run walkstyle by default
    Randomly Energized moodlet
    Autonomy (general)- More likely to do exercise interactions (uses autonomy from Active trait)
    Decay Modifier- Energy Need decays at 0.75 of normal rate
    Moodlet Replacements- Fun Low and Very Low are Bored instead of Tense
    Moodlet Replacements- Energy Low and Very Low are Angry instead of Uncomfortable
    Moodlet Replacement- Active Antsy negative moodlet is Bored instead of Tense
    Interaction- Run Around (autonomous): Raises child skill Motor and gives Fun Need. Elders who don't have the Active trait may react with shock if the Rocket runs near them while doing this interaction.
    Interaction- Fight Self (autonomous): Raises child skill Motor, gives Fun Need, and an Energized moodlet at the end.
    Interaction- Get Hyped (autonomous): Raises child skill Motor, gives Fun Need, and an Energized moodlet at the end. Nearby sims who have the Active or Rocket trait will get an Energized moodlet.
    Interaction- Drink from Sugar Stash (non-autonomous): Gives a 5 hour, +10 Energized moodlet. When this moodlet is removed, gives a 1 hour, +10 Uncomfortable moodlet (sugar crash).
    Interaction- Share Sugar Stash (non-autonomous): Target another sim with high enough relationship and share the sugar. Gives them the same moodlet as described above. Recipient's walkstyle is also changed to Run for the duration of the Energized moodlet, even if they aren't Rocket trait.

Sensitive

Features:
    Character Values- Gains some Conflict Resolution when the trait is added in live mode (e.g. during age-up).
    Decay Modifier- Social Need decays at 0.75 of normal rate
    Moodlet Replacements- Moodlet reaction to things like tantrums are +10 Sad instead of default moodlet
    Dream Moodlets- Sensitive children will sometimes wake up from sleep with a moodlet, Angry, Happy, Inspired, or Sad. There are 3 variations for each mood type, so 12 possible moodlets in total.
    Social Sensitivity- Sensitive children will get +5 Angry from too much prolonged proximity to other sims. They need alone time. The following interactions help them cope with this.
    Interaction- Hang Out Under Covers (autonomous): Appears on Bed. Raises child skill Creativity and Mental. Gives Fun and Energy Need, lowers Angry and Sad moodlets, and lowers level of social stimulation.
    Interaction- Make Up Stories (autonomous): Raises child skill Creativity and Mental. Gives Fun and a tiny amount of Energy Need, and lowers social stimulation. Gives Inspired moodlet at the end.
    Interaction- Leave Me Alone (autonomous): Only available when NOT on home lot and when the Angry moodlet from being overstimulated is active. Raises child skill Creativity and Mental, gives Energy Need, and lowers level of social stimulation. A way to avoid Sensitive children turning into a perpetually Angry disaster when out in public. Has high autonomy pull when available.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I would love more autonomous likes and dislikes. Balance them so we as the player can choose to further or disregard our sim "reaction". I have noted my sim and another get into an argument then it just stops. : (

I wish we had more hidden traits connected to the combination of the traits we give them on creation and how we then play them and make certain choices.

Not sure I worded all the above very well. Bah : )