Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better Personalities Ideas

Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
- Likes and dislikes on certain activities : if a sim doesn't like gardening it should be harder for him to develop this skill and it can have a bad effect on him when he's gardening, however if he likes fitness he should gain boost while doing it and have a good effect.
- Likes and dislikes on other sims : a chemestry system, if a sim likes blond-haired sims and hate dark-haired sims it should be harder for him to build a relationship with.
- Favourite food, color, music, zodiac : a basic way of giving our sims more personality
- Memory : they should remember who cheated on them, who they married, who was rude, how did they grow up, who died etc.
- Relations : Our sims shouldn't act friendly to someone who just said bad things about them. Stop giving hugs to their enemies, that's not normal. It would be cool if an enemy could come everyday to your house and throw your dustbin.

That's a few ideas to improve personalities of the sims. Devs' if you add this the game will be strong and will stay interesting. For the moment our sims are shallow and it's really boring. I really hope you are working on better personalities.

Thank's for reading and do not forget to give your ideas too! I would love to read them!
Lu4ERme.gif
Post edited by Jordan061102 on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    And I just wanted to say thank's to the devs for giving us a little bite of better personalities during the last year. With Seasons we had the option to choose wich weather our sims like and dislike and with Get Famous quirks are another way to have unique sims!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Love the idea of sims liking some skills better thsn others.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Love the idea of sims liking some skills better thsn others.

Yeah it's a cool way of adding more diversity, and I think it's something they never did before.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Memories is something that is a must without them everything that happens mean nothing our Sims need to be mad at someone they fought instead of talking to them with a big smile on their face and not instantly forget their spouse cheated on them. And I completely agree we need a chemistry system Sims should not be attracted to everyone it needs to be harder.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    - Likes and dislikes on certain activities : if a sim doesn't like gardening it should be harder for him to develop this skill and it can have a bad effect on him when he's gardening, however if he likes fitness he should gain boost while doing it and have a good effect.
    I like this idea. It'd be nice if it could be used with traits that you'd think would conflict: A sim who loves the outdoors, but hates gardening.

I'd like some personal style added.
    Eating style: Does your sim eat with their hands? Do they eat European style or American style? Chopsticks? Spoon?
    Sitting style: How do they sit on a couch? How do they sit at the table?
    Greeting style: How do they greet friends? Family? Strangers?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Movotti wrote: »
    I like this idea. It'd be nice if it could be used with traits that you'd think would conflict: A sim who loves the outdoors, but hates gardening.

I'd like some personal style added.
    Eating style: Does your sim eat with their hands? Do they eat European style or American style? Chopsticks? Spoon?
    Sitting style: How do they sit on a couch? How do they sit at the table?
    Greeting style: How do they greet friends? Family? Strangers?

Wow great idea for the different manners of being. Love your ideas it would be great to have sims who prefer eating with hands etc.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Memories is something that is a must without them everything that happens mean nothing our Sims need to be mad at someone they fought instead of talking to them with a big smile on their face and not instantly forget their spouse cheated on them. And I completely agree we need a chemistry system Sims should not be attracted to everyone it needs to be harder.

We defenitely need memory back in this game. It's a must.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I'm just tagging some gurus to see the post, sorry for bothering
    @SimGuruGraham @SimGuruHydra @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruKate @SimGuruHydra
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    No bother. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    If we want them to take this in consideration we have to keep this thread alive!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I like this idea a lot that's what made Sims 2 and 3 good because they had personality you could pick their likes and dislikes and Sims 2 you could pick who they were attracted to. This game I mean I do like the emotions but their lacking in personality imo. I hope Sims 5 we get emotions and personality like what they like dislike who they attracted to and I want the zodiac back.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I like this idea a lot that's what made Sims 2 and 3 good because they had personality you could pick their likes and dislikes and Sims 2 you could pick who they were attracted to. This game I mean I do like the emotions but their lacking in personality imo. I hope Sims 5 we get emotions and personality like what they like dislike who they attracted to and I want the zodiac back.

Yeah the emotion system is not well executed, it's a pity and I have the feeling they won't or can't fix it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    - Likes and dislikes on other sims : a chemestry system, if a sim likes blond-haired sims and hate dark-haired sims it should be harder for him to build a relationship with.
    - Favourite food, color, music, zodiac : a basic way of giving our sims more personality
    - Memory : they should remember who cheated on them, who they married, who was rude, how did they grow up, who died etc.
    - Relations : Our sims shouldn't act friendly to someone who just said bad things about them. Stop giving hugs to their enemies, that's not normal. It would be cool if an enemy could come everyday to your house and throw your dustbin.

That's a few ideas to improve personalities of the sims. Devs' if you add this the game will be strong and will stay interesting. For the moment our sims are shallow and it's really boring. I really hope you are working on better personalities.

Thank's for reading and do not forget to give your ideas too! I would love to read them!

Oh and likes/dislikes on activities should be random (yeah more challenge!) and according to what your sims always do but it shouldn't make a big difference. Otherwise all my sims will like to cook and playing video games.
    Lu4ERme.gif