Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No wonder The Sims is seen as a joke

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    And now, simmers are willing to litteraly pay 40$ for garbage.
    tenor.gif
    But once again, this is a once & never again pack, again!
    Not for me. I start 90% of my games as homeless sims with no money who rummage in bins for food, play instruments on streets for living and sleep on benches. So, this pack is perfect!
    Do I think it's really worth 40$? No, but I also think all DLCs are overpriced, and 40$ is quite a lot in my country. So I'm gonna bundle it or wait for sale.
    But we know almost nothing about gameplay. People are jumipng to conclusions everywhere (trailer was not helpful though).

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I feel like a lot of people bad-mouthing this next pack will buy it anyway. I mean, it's got a NEW WAY TO DIE! Also there's CAS.

They'll also feel special that they encourage pollution even though senseless torture is a theme throughout The Sims.

Thats the problem. Candles making, ladders and a new death don't justify 40$ dollars. Plus I'm certain the world is extremely small.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I feel like a lot of people bad-mouthing this next pack will buy it anyway. I mean, it's got a NEW WAY TO DIE! Also there's CAS.

They'll also feel special that they encourage pollution even though senseless torture is a theme throughout The Sims.

Okay, fine if you think you'll enjoy it. But imma ask one question, honnestly, will you really bother to clean a dirty world more than maximum 3 times? Thats the problem, I'm certain more than 80% of people who will buy this pack won't do it more than 3 times. For me there's just not enough on garbage to make it an expansion. It is supposed to provide long term gameplay.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have been saying 'no' since 2014 and if you ask me if I would ever change my mind, until something drastic changes then I will still say 'no'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Thats the problem. Candles making, ladders and a new death don't justify 40$ dollars. Plus I'm certain the world is extremely small.

Small and restrictive worlds bother me in The Sims. TS3 worlds are much larger and that is without letting players build their own with the CAW tool.

Eve in TS2 you could actually add lots to a neighborhood.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yes, The Sims 4 may have some bad sides, but it does introduce some good ideas. Due to this, I rather see The Sims 4 as an experiment. If I'd see it as a joke, I'd laugh about it, but no, I'm more frustrated over lag and more playing the game building, creating sims and clubs.
    Honestly, I'd also say that about The Sims 3. That game crashes more often than The Sims 4, lags get more frustrating in game than The Sims 4, and stuff packs just straight up got weird in the end (plus one cannot be purchased on Origin anymore). There are good things about it, too, like Create a World, Create a Style, traits, and more.

Every The Sims game has its own ups and downs. They each have unique features, annoying problems, and interesting gameplay. Each person has different opinions about different things. I admit that The Sims 4 does need some improvements, but to say that a game is garbage is wrong. If a game is bad, it could be a learning experience for game developers (if not to those who made the game, then to others), thus having some value to it.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Jordan061102 What is your true agenda with this thread? The world can wake up without your help when and if it needs to. Until then, leave others be to spend their money how they want on whatever they want. Please refrain from making your problems everyone else's, thank you and good day.

Their true agenda is to voice their feedback on the expansion, they are allowed to, don't police them. If you guys have a problem with their opinion just move on.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    I don't find it hard to say no if I don't want something. But I want this!

New world, new making stuff, new objects, new cas, new game play, new garbage, what's not to like? :D

• Options
    People who are complaining about the game are flooding all sections with their complaints, and everyone is just supposed to shut up and take it. It's funny how people of opposing opinions are not given the same freedom of speech, but told to move on. Well, how about moving on from the self-pity that buying this game and its additional content has apparently resulted in instead?

So your saying if they disagree and wanna voice their opinion they should shut up?! That isn't fair...if it REALLY bothers you, stop coming into threads that dislike the new EP THAT simple!
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @KaeChan2089 No. Because I have a right to voice my opinion too - it is a discussion forum and you're not just allowed to comment if you agree on something. Stop policing ME. ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    @KaeChan2089 No. Because I have a right to voice my opinion too - it is a discussion forum and you're not just allowed to comment if you agree on something. Stop policing ME. ;)

I am not policing you, I am just saying, why do you have to police the OP for? They are allowed to too!

• Options
    @KaeChan2089 Just butt out and stop acting like the champion of forum justice if you have nothing to say. Mods will adjust the thread if they feel something is not right. You are guilty of doing the same as you accuse me of.

• Options
    @KaeChan2089 Just butt out and stop acting like the champion of forum justice if you have nothing to say. Mods will adjust the thread if they feel something is not right. You are guilty of doing the same as you accuse me of.

I do have something to say, I agree with the OP..
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    People who are complaining about the game are flooding all sections with their complaints, and everyone is just supposed to shut up and take it. It's funny how people of opposing opinions are not given the same freedom of speech, but told to move on. Well, how about moving on from the self-pity that buying this game and its additional content has apparently resulted in instead?
    I have gotten attacked by both camps for voicing ideas and called all sorts of names. Thankfully Sims isn't the only game I play, so if I get burnt out I get to decide which games I play. I have Sims 2, 3, and 4 on my computer. I still have my Sims 1 disks too. I do think it is good to be open minded about games beyond just the Sims just to be a more rounded gamer. But if Sims 5 does go online I won't be able to play it and will just stick to Animal Crossing because EA and stable servers never panned out to a solid product.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre I have a handful of games that I rotate between, and they are all quite different actually. I'm sure I would go nuts pretty quickly if I was to play the same thing always. My mom did for years and was cranky about the game each and every day. We are not on speaking terms anymore due to other reasons. But yeah, I've seen first hand what dwelling on the same forever and ever can do to the mind. Some games, I have left behind for good. It happens that my interest just cools off completely never to return. But then something new usually emerges to take its place.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    @Scobre I have a handful of games that I rotate between, and they are all quite different actually. I'm sure I would go nuts pretty quickly if I was to play the same thing always. My mom did for years and was cranky about the game each and every day. We are not on speaking terms anymore due to other reasons. But yeah, I've seen first hand what dwelling on the same forever and ever can do to the mind. Some games, I have left behind for good. It happens that my interest just cools off completely never to return. But then something new usually emerges to take its place.
    Yeah I have to rotate between games too. I have been trying out the horror genre with Among the Sleep and Alan Wake and a whole new range of emotions emerge playing them.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Okay, fine if you think you'll enjoy it. But imma ask one question, honnestly, will you really bother to clean a dirty world more than maximum 3 times? Thats the problem, I'm certain more than 80% of people who will buy this pack won't do it more than 3 times. For me there's just not enough on garbage to make it an expansion. It is supposed to provide long term gameplay.

I definitely feel I'd do it more than 3 times.

The ladders will be a free upgrade so not part of what makes this pack worth it to me and neither is the death as I have no interest in letting SIms die, but I love the theme and would definitley play it a lot, probably in every save from now on to be honest,unless a challenge doesn't allow for it,but Irarely do challenges, I just want to add pollution to my current worlds andthat'sworth it to me.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am a long time simmer and I too get frustrated with the lack of content in the EPs coming out. And its not that I don't like or don't want these things because I do find them interesting and fun.

I dont think this EP is gonna be a bad EP, but I do fear it will be limited in content and not worth full price like many packs we've been getting. If I'm wrong, great. I would honestly love to be wrong. But I also use to preorder or buy on release date and now for the past 2 years I've waited for a sale on all packs that have come out.

Now again, I enjoy what has come out, I just dont think what's come out lately is worth the full price. I do look forward to nectar making again, and it would've been a great opportunity to bring back cars. There is still more info of this pack to come so hopefully my mind will change.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,683 Member
    I need to see more about this pack before I make up my mind. Some ended up hating GF, but I love it! I think the celebrity points earning system is so spot on. They could stand to refresh or add to the variety of the filming aspects as they do grow old, no matter what level your acting Sim is on the Celebrity Scale. I don't want my male Sim kissing other male Sims in a scene just to win the Starlight Accolades. And wouldn't it be great if EA added the music side of celebrity? I'm using two mods, count 'em, TWO to get what I want, and still my singer hasn't earned an Accolade. (With the exception when he tried movies for a time. Always took the risky side of all scenes, and even when he didn't he was still smooching the male Sim. Paint me Old School.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I'm not upset with this pack at all, I'm however upset that they're not addressing the other problems with the game. Namely, the Sims themselves. They're so uninteresting yet they're the core of the game. I just lost interest now but I wouldn't have if they would have made them more life-like. Give them hobbies, interests, make them react to it et cetera. Right now they're all mindless robots that and I just can't take playing with it anymore.

Adding NPC progression is something we already have with mods, but kudos for probably adding it.

What I really want though is for the Sims themselves to feel more alive, then I'm back in the game again. Personalities... make a system where each sim is unique because of it.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Erik? I need to add your family to my current save! I don't mind my Sims kissing members of either gender, but I do feel very uneasy when they must kiss an ugly randomly generated pear. Which they always must :s *Paints you Old School* :D

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,628 Member
    I forgot Island Living is an EP. 😂😂 Good thing I'm not gonna buy this the moment it comes out, and maybe not at all.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top