Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited April 2020
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    In our most recent blog article, SimGuruDuke shares a bit about what the team is planning for the coming months as we all adjust to our new normal.

Check it out here!: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.1456w.png

Is it me or does it look like we're going to get demonstrators of some sort and naked garden gnomes?

Also, I just noticed that it says 6 Month Roadmap. So I guess this is all coming out within the next 6 months?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sorry if it’s been stated already but is the stuff pack confirmed to NOT be the community voted pack? It would be incredibly disappointing if it turns out to be that.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    In our most recent blog article, SimGuruDuke shares a bit about what the team is planning for the coming months as we all adjust to our new normal.

Check it out here!: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

Is it me or does it look like we're going to get demonstrators of some sort and naked garden gnomes?

Also, I just noticed that it says 6 Month Roadmap. So I guess this is all coming out within the next 6 months?

Both those things are already in the game, not sure what pack the gnome is from but I think the protesters are from City Living

I'm excited for the new mystery expansion pack! And I really would like to know when/if they'll revisit the packs they asked about in the survey they had a few months ago
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Please pass along my thanks to everyone who made this happen, @EA_Mai ! This is good to see!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Both demonstrators & the gnomes are already in the game.

While for the roadmap, I believe it is within the 6 months starting by April till early Oct.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Kind of torn because expanding the game with new packs is cool and all, but I'd rather you deepen the game without expanding it for a while. I like the game well enough, though I never played the previous Sims incarnations so I have no reference, I just wish there was more in depth game play in it. A stuff pack, a game pack, and an expansion pack are nice to see coming in the eventual future, but I do wish we could get more information out of EA these days. Surviving Madden, FIFA, and now The Sims franchises, I feel like EA is that partner I've had for a long time that I'm used to, but the relationship isn't really going anywhere and there have been far more disappointments than excitements. "Baby, I have a surprise for you soon!" Three months later... "Look! I did the dishes." "Oh, that's anticlimactic!"
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Probably nothing to do with Time Traveling or Cars and/or other modes of transportation like planes with airports,etc!! Oh, how I wish!
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Oh boy, packs are coming out this year? I never would have guessed. /S

Why did we step away from announcing the themes of the packs too like last year? This is a major step back in communication.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the employees are staying safe, but letting us know the themes of the packs will not affect work productivity.

Last year it was announced in two steps. First confirmation we would get one of each type. Granted at that point this seemed like news because there was speculation stuff packs were abandoned after my first pets stuff. We had not seen a stuff pack for more than a year at that point. The actual titles were announced later at an event, this was the more interesting part in my opinion. So I hope we get more info in due course. Give it some time.

I hope everyone, devs and players, can stay safe. But I am especially thinking of all those people who are actually confronted with covid19. Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity: for those who play the game in another language. Are you also automatically directed to a translation of the blog when you click the link? I can't read the original, only a translation by clicking the link provided in the top post.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Raise your hand if you already knew they were working on a stuff pack, game pack and expansion pack. Lol. I know that some simmers assume that silence means they're not working on anything (really?) but they're always working on something.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I’m sorry to be a downer but is this suppose to be communication??? This is nothing about something. Every year we expect a game pack, stuff pack and expansion pack and last I heard from a post from Twitter or somewhere everything was still on schedule. This is a roadmap to nowhere. Thanks??
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Raise your hand if you already knew they were working on a stuff pack, game pack and expansion pack. Lol. I know that some simmers assume that silence means they're not working on anything (really?) but they're always working on something.

*raises hand*

Yeah I thought working from home meant working on your work from home...just saying LOL
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @IceyJ Raising my hand!!!!
  • Options
    mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Exactly, I guess this kind of blog posts is directed to people who don’t follow what is happening with the game that closely...
    Since TS4 initial release they’ve never released less than 5 dlc per year, so 3 packs in 6 months is basically their regular content release schedule. It’s also a pretty similar roadmap to the one we got last year despite them trying to sell it as an exclusive inside look into the game development ^^ .

Only newsworthy piece of information from all of this in my opinion is the fact that those future releases (minus the community stuff pack) will be « unexpected » and « surprises », meaning that long time community requests probably won’t be happening within those 6 months, only time will tell if that’s a good thing or not.

• Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Okay, I am looking forward to the game pack and expansion pack, but we all know what the stuff pack is going to be and I honestly could've done without it, so that's a bit meh. Hopefully the EP and GP will make up for that.
  • Options
    AenalaAenala Posts: 23 Member
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > Just out of curiosity: for those who play the game in another language. Are you also automatically directed to a translation of the blog when you click the link? I can't read the original, only a translation by clicking the link provided in the top post.

I also get the translation automatically. But you switch countries at the bottom of the page, you get the original wording.
  • Options
    Aenala wrote: »
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > Just out of curiosity: for those who play the game in another language. Are you also automatically directed to a translation of the blog when you click the link? I can't read the original, only a translation by clicking the link provided in the top post.

I also get the translation automatically. But you switch countries at the bottom of the page, you get the original wording.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know it was so easy to switch to the English version. :)
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What I would like it to say is;

"Coming Soon - A fix to every single bug"
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    They fix what bugs they can, regularly. It's an ongoing effort. They are literally never not working on bugs. But every pack released increases the difficulty exponentially, in assuring a fix doesn't break anything else. They don't say it in the roadmap, because it doesn't need to be said. They have spoken about it in depth, and that information still applies.

I find it intriguing what they do say. Obviously, anyone active here knows about the Community Stuff Pack, so that one is the opposite of a surprise. But they hint that the Expansion will be something unexpected, and the Game Pack will be new territory - something that the Sims has never done, "a major first for us". When thinking of all the ground the franchise has covered in 20 years, it's hard to zero in on what it hasn't that could fit a Game Pack profile.

Also glad to hear about planned releases to the game, patched in rather than DLC. Last year had some great stuff - however badly some people took it - and I look forward to seeing what comes next.
  • Options
    MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    Exactly, I guess this kind of blog posts is directed to people who don’t follow what is happening with the game that closely...
    Since TS4 initial release they’ve never released less than 5 dlc per year, so 3 packs in 6 months is basically their regular content release schedule.

Quite a few people were complaining here on the forum about the radio silence regarding pack releases, so this can at least take away their sorrows.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I find it intriguing what they do say. Obviously, anyone active here knows about the Community Stuff Pack, so that one is the opposite of a surprise. But they hint that the Expansion will be something unexpected, and the Game Pack will be new territory - something that the Sims has never done, "a major first for us". When thinking of all the ground the franchise has covered in 20 years, it's hard to zero in on what it hasn't that could fit a Game Pack profile.

Perhaps space travel? I don't think any Sims game has had that so far? And we already have a rocket that 'goes into space', so who knows...
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2020
    What happened to the knitting project. did i miss it or what? my sims want something to do while waiting for the birth of their child.

ok scratch that. im so glad to see you'all are doing fine. thanks for staying save in this trying time.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2020
    I guess it's good they finally told people they will see a stuff pack, game pack and EP within the next six months. Good to know they were able to state this just like they did last year. Glad they did it. However, I'm not excited, I guess it takes a lot for me, because Maxis is always excited about what they are releasing. They are always saying something like a new theme they have never done before....when we see it we think, oh, that could have went in this other pack and or EP. In recent years they are always making changes that honestly most of us don't like... such as rebranding and changing the color or placement of icons in a game...as if that's something to get excited about. Sorry, nothing to see here, their excitement in the last few years hasn't made me excited. They were excited about Island Living..and trash and rabbit hole diving. Sorry, no, I wasn't. Sometimes, I wonder what language (Klingon?) players have to use to get through to them and speak the same language because it doesn't seem they hear you. As for me, these surprise themes were a big No. IL, SV, JA, etc. etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2020
    I really hope the expansion isn't farming, I've seen a lot of people thinking it's the next expansion and honestly I couldn't think of anything more boring. Not my kind of gameplay, the knitting packs bad enough.

My hope for this year is for the occults to finally get finished (faries and werewolves). It's been 3 years since Vampires came out, no offence but can they just hurry up and finish what they started? It's been long enough.
  • Options
    WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    Thanks for the update :)

My guess for the expansion and game pack:
    EP: Farming, showtime or hobbies - (Prehaps a expansion like living large just a huge bunch of stuff)
    GP: Story based (like Strangerville), holiday (asian)

not sure about any others...what do you guys think?