Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    Another Simmer here who would love some more information.

I'm hoping for no more occults/supernatural. There's enough of that in the game already.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    StrictlySimishStrictlySimish Posts: 21 Member
    I am super excited for the new packs!!!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    What happened to the knitting project. did i miss it or what? my sims want something to do while waiting for the birth of their child.

ok scratch that. im so glad to see you'all are doing fine. thanks for staying save in this trying time.

Arts and Crafts pack with Knitting gameplay is still on track, per the last twitter post I saw about it from SimGuruNinja. We've got one more vote to go for the name and icon, which should be sometime later this month, and then it's scheduled as the Stuff Pack referenced in this post... so I'm thinking July/August... right about the time in the real world most crafters would be starting on Christmas Projects. :smiley:
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Well, I appreciated the friendly tone and out reaching even if it wasn't specifically informative. 💖
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited April 2020
    The continuous statement of EA saying that they have already given us the expected content and packs, so they will focus on surprising content annoys me.
    May it be clear they they have NOT delivered the expecting packs at all. And the delusional idea that they have are mostly about either noneö unfinished or lacking packs with tons of missing content for it's subject.
    Did they really give us the expected generation pack? Where are all the family play features for every life stage? Where are the free babies?
    Pets? Ehm, where are all the other pets besides cats and dogs and some meaningless caged pets that don't have any value to the game or sims lives.
    Farming? It is a pack that has been expected for every new version of The Sims and yet.. we haven't received it. This one can not be included in one of the surprising packs as it is a major expected pack.

EA can throw any kind of statement at us and too many will just take it as it is, but there is just so much untruth in it.
    I have lowered my expectations to the minimum and your know what? I still get disappointed. Should this not say something about the method and ways EA decides to release and promote their content? It's not the communities fault and may that be clear ;)
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I’m sorry to be a downer but is this suppose to be communication??? This is nothing about something. Every year we expect a game pack, stuff pack and expansion pack and last I heard from a post from Twitter or somewhere everything was still on schedule. This is a roadmap to nowhere. Thanks??

The more I keep re-reading it, the more I believe this....smh...
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm gonna be honest here, it's so hard to be excited about new packs when there are SO many bugs and glitches in the current game and packs. Also it's hilarious that they're getting so much praise for basically giving us the bare minimum update for what they are doing. I'm not impressed by them doing the minimum constantly. Please EA, give us something worth supporting you for the past 20 years. Ok thx.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    Well, we've officially already got all the usual EP's out of the way by now, so I am expecting huge, game changing expansion pack next with feature rich content. EP that would focus about fundamental changes to the Emotion System would be day one purchase to me.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    To be honest, if this is the blog post we've been told to wait for, I'm a bit disappointed. Don't they usually work on 3 packs anyway? This is announced like its something extraordinary, when its business as usual. Would have loved more specifics, too, like approximate time of release, and the theme for at least the EP :|

And as always, hoping they bring out the big bug swatters next patch
  • Options
    evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    I appreciate them making an outreach statement, even if it was just to say, "we're still here, we're okay and working, and we will still be releasing the expected #of packs this year. I think it would be nice if they could include something in it to make it more fun - like if they would release a picture with hidden objects to find that hinted at some themes for upcoming content. I would like something to keep us occupied while we're stuck at home and keep our interest in the Sims 4 going. I appreciate the position of not wanting to say anything, but it would be nice to provide fodder to speculate on our own.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hm, so - because the EP will surprise us, it can't be Farming. Bummer. But on the other hand, Farming might be possible to squeeze into a GP, too :)

Nooo. I would be highly disappointed if they made Farming a GP or added Horses. Horses are equestrian, don't produce farm products, would be better in their own pack so EASILY to GET unicorns and pegasus could be added, basically have zero to do with farming, and they would take away from real farming elements because they would take major resources/money/time/ect. from real farm related stuff. Wagons could be added in a horse type pack. Oxen added to the horses or cows could drive plows, but only if they were in addition to cows, pigs, chickens, and goats as they are the first four major farm animals. Also, GPs would never have enough stuff for a farm pack. Good bye to several animals. No farm equipment. No world. Gps are great for powers for supernaturals, but being packed with stuff??? NO. Even Expansion packs are lighter than they were in the Sims 3 and even as an Expansion pack, I worry about being able to get enough farm related stuff, because more than likely, farm stuff will never be looked at again. Simmers, including myself, have asked for a real farming EP for around a decade since early Sims3. The stuff we got in S3 was nice, but nothing like any farming games out there. Therefore, please make farming an EP and only with real farming/work related stuff. Machinery, crops, hay, several animals, fencing, largest lot possible 60x60 with a large nice world that has at least 3 of these large lots, a farming career(deals in crops and animals), and barns are essential for a real farming EP. That says farming play, not clothes/furniture/ect that have nothing to do with work/farming and will only take away from the main theme and the resources to make real farm related stuff. Not to mention, that stuff can be added to any pack in the future, but animals/machinery/fencing/real farm crops might not be looked at again due to so many other themes that need to be added.

Gamepacks would never include machinery like tractors, plows, hay making machinery for square and round bales, ect. Maybe a garden tiller. Farm animals that produce like cows, chickens, pigs, goats, and sheep. Electric fences, barbwire fences, rickety fences, wood fences. Farmers market to sell your animals and their products and to buy animals and products. New farm type harvestables like corn, peas, green beans, celery, ect. New recipes. Farming career. Hopefully focusing on farming and not clothes ect that have zero to do with farm work. I know that isn't possible as fluff is present in many packs, but keeping it down to just an outfit for each age group ect would go a long way to add in farm stuff that may never be revisited again
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited April 2020
    Really happy to hear we are getting this much content in the next 6mnts.

1. Farming EP fully rounded and farm related, not just stuff/clothes/furniture that has nothing to do with animals/machinery/work
    2. housebuilding- works like Sims3 interior design where the sim gives you the things they want and you build it to budget
    3. dangerous stuff/afterlife with wills, Goth stuff, Grim interactions/house/baby/ect., funeral as a party type so we can pick the casket, flowers, urn(poor, rich, mysterious), clothes the sims wear, where they will be buried(your sim's yard or the new grave yard that comes with the pack), new headstones(double, single poor, wealthy looking), new flowers-maybe can be tied in with flower arranging if people have it.
    4. interior design-like in the Sims3, not tried stylist in Sims4, but very afraid it's so different that it won't be as fun and simple as in the Sims3.
    5. Infants freed- onesies, outfits with feet, booties, shoes, bibs, little tux, little frilly dresses, night gowns, the blanket clothing piece-plain/with colors, fancy, lacy, and one with fringe on the ends. Cribs, baby swing, mat for floor play, and backpack, sling, and stroller for traveling. baby blanket to snuggle for infants and toddlers. little chew toy, little stuffed animal, little rattler, clown doll, and most important is round/square passies for infants and toddlers. express love as a friendly that is always present.
    6. riders from Sims3, outdoor toddler swing like on playgrounds, and tricycles for toddlers and more playground equipment that we don't already have- merry go round, teeter totter seesaw, monkey bars, two seat swing to add to swing set,
    7. That very large fish tank from Sims1 that sims can get into

These are what I want the most.

Only after these,

1. Cars- Scooby van, nice looking black car, hump wheel truck antique cars, and then all the rest of them.
    2. Wedding SP- wedding planner career and shop- hire, pick flowers, pick clothes, pick venue, pick cake, and look at the ring section and buy rings. Also, cake making section with cake making career. flowers, garters, many dresses, podium- for those who would like something different than an arch wedding, NP- preacher type to marry the sims as a choice for those who would like it, wedding music, cakes already made and/or ability to make cakes.
    3. hammocks and bunkbeds
    4. more exercise equipment that we don't already have-mountain climber, mini trampoline, scissor machine, stepper machine, stationary bike, chin up bar, fitness flyer, large ball to bounce on
    5. fiancee, step-mom/dad/brother/sister, aunt/uncle/cousin if possible added to CAS descriptions
    6. likes in music, color, food brought back from Sims3. Also, maybe some likes about sims to make them more attracted to a type

Never done- real water park with rides, standing water things that shoot out water for babies and kids to play in and get wet- zoo safari, petting zoo,
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @CBook We usually see a game pack before a June release of an expansion. It was an assumption I made after the announcement that was made last year about all the new content we could look forward to in 2020. Tiny Living is a stuff pack. Now SimGuruDrake has stated we will see an expansion. Once again they have derailed certain expectations we had about what packs are going to be released and when.
    They stated that there wouldn't be any patterns like in past games or patterns in content release. What would really excite me is if they added another team and put out more content. We had so much in the Sims3 and then it is cut down to so little in the S4.
  • Options
    KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    I hope is the werewolf pack
  • Options
    RockyMightSimRockyMightSim Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh man I'm so excited! I don't really care what the packs might be about, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome!!
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I just hope the new expansion and game pack will be interesting. I'm not looking forward to a lack luster pack. Thanks for the update but a little more info would be appreciated.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I think the main reason they released this is because so many of us were waiting for and expecting a game pack to come out soon. This is them letting us know that is not going to happen and that we probably won't have anything new to buy until at least mid to late May.
    I for one am appreciative they took the time to let us know and didn't just leave us hanging waiting for a nonexistent trailer.
    I do hope that they share with us the titles of these upcoming packs soon so we have something to speculate with. Maybe after we vote for the knitting stuff pack's name.
  • Options
    HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2020
    They revealed all 3 packs at E3 so I don't get why they can't do it now. Anyway I'm hoping for more things to do like hotels/resorts, medieval and farming. Also can these packs please have some new traits?
  • Options
    misfitmorganmisfitmorgan Posts: 2 New Member
    I just really want farming to be honest
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    They revealed all 3 packs at E3 so I don't get why they can't do it now. Anyway I'm hoping for more things to do like hotels/resorts, medieval and farming. Also can these packs please have some new traits?

They also did a reveal like this last year - EP, SP, GP in the next 6 months, no specifics - and only in June said what the themes will be. So they're doing the same thing they did then.

I'm on board for hotels (and I do think a winter resort style pack will happen at some point but probably not this year) and more vacation options though, whether it's more worlds with rental lots or the ability to make rentals anywhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I kinda....don't want a farming or winter get away packs..
    Now a generations pack or more occults I could get by :).

Also why did they even bother to say they are working on a stuff pack, we know it's that knitting pack I don't care about.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I hope this is really new content they're talking about and not another old theme recycled into TS4 again...
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I hope this is really new content they're talking about and not another old theme recycled into TS4 again...

...well, will have to disagree a little bit, now I won't be mad if it was Generations...TS4 needs that so badly...

But, I don't really trust this team with something "new" looking at you Strangerville...
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »

I totally agree. If they could includes the theme of all the packs, it would be more impactful. Unless, it's WIP where they need a further testing. Since we just had a patch today, I would say that, the earliest we could possibly get a teaser for the EP is probably by end of Apr or early May.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    They fix what bugs they can, regularly. It's an ongoing effort. They are literally never not working on bugs. But every pack released increases the difficulty exponentially, in assuring a fix doesn't break anything else. They don't say it in the roadmap, because it doesn't need to be said. They have spoken about it in depth, and that information still applies.

I find it intriguing what they do say. Obviously, anyone active here knows about the Community Stuff Pack, so that one is the opposite of a surprise. But they hint that the Expansion will be something unexpected, and the Game Pack will be new territory - something that the Sims has never done, "a major first for us". When thinking of all the ground the franchise has covered in 20 years, it's hard to zero in on what it hasn't that could fit a Game Pack profile.

Also glad to hear about planned releases to the game, patched in rather than DLC. Last year had some great stuff - however badly some people took it - and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Yes, but they need to fix all the crashes that were never there before the December patch. Now, if you do this, it crashes. You do something else it crashes.

I should be able to play every single household that I want, not be restricted because some crash every time I try to play them.
    2quwd7.gif