Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    So the GP is going to be a "major first?" Well, now I know it's not werewolves. So...Superheroes or Mad Science, maybe? Come on, PLEASE don't let it be something mundane!! DX
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    I really hope the expansion isn't farming, I've seen a lot of people thinking it's the next expansion and honestly I couldn't think of anything more boring. Not my kind of gameplay, the knitting packs bad enough.

My hope for this year is for the occults to finally get finished (faries and werewolves). It's been 3 years since Vampires came out, no offence but can they just hurry up and finish what they started? It's been long enough.

My guess is that the game pack is farming, but it's really such a big theme they could easily make it an expansion. I'd like another occult, too, and if so the occult would be the game pack.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I think the main reason they released this is because so many of us were waiting for and expecting a game pack to come out soon. This is them letting us know that is not going to happen and that we probably won't have anything new to buy until at least mid to late May.
    I for one am appreciative they took the time to let us know and didn't just leave us hanging waiting for a nonexistent trailer.
    I do hope that they share with us the titles of these upcoming packs soon so we have something to speculate with. Maybe after we vote for the knitting stuff pack's name.

Thank you. 👍
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    So the GP is going to be a "major first?" Well, now I know it's not werewolves. So...Superheroes or Mad Science, maybe? Come on, PLEASE don't let it be something mundane!! DX
    We had dragons. But we never had a full dragon pack, with the ability to raise the dragons to adulthood and ride them. And dragon riding was one of the themes for last year's March Madness.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    MarsLittMarsLitt Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm excited! I was thinking that the stuff pack would come before the expansion, but looks like it's the other way around! :)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

I would like to think the major first in terms of a gameplay, but I'm fine if the major first is a theme something like steampunk for example.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

I would like to think the major first in terms of a gameplay, but I'm fine if the major first is a theme something like steampunk for example.

Good point. A major first can be either theme or gameplay.

Strangerville was a first and I like it. Same for the customisable clubs and calendar. They were all new to the franchise. So I am ready for something new. :)
    Although I hope we still get werewolves at some point.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to it ^^
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    I hope this is really new content they're talking about and not another old theme recycled into TS4 again...

But what could they even possible recycle anymore? All the old themes from TS 3 and TS 2 have already been released. We're treading new ground here.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Drbigt wrote: »
    I hope this is really new content they're talking about and not another old theme recycled into TS4 again...

But what could they even possible recycle anymore? All the old themes from TS 3 and TS 2 have already been released. We're treading new ground here.

What they could still recycle things from packs of previous versions
    - werewolves
    - fairies
    - genies
    - time travel
    - horses
    - hotels (very different in sims 2 and 3 but both had them

I am ready for something new at this point, but there is some content from previous packs that I still hope to see some day,especially werewolves.
  • Options
    DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

- werewolves
    - fairies
    - genies
    - time travel
    - horses

I am ready for something new at this point, but there is some content from previous packs that I still hope to see some day,especially werewolves.

Oh God, I didn't even think of those. Next EP is going to be Werewolves, Faires and Genies isn't it and call it "Sims 4 Fairtytales"? And Horses are going to have their own "Get Riding" gamepack.
  • Options

- werewolves
    - fairies
    - genies
    - time travel
    - horses

Oh God, I didn't even think of those. Next EP is going to be Werewolves, Faires and Genies isn't it and call it "Sims 4 Fairtytales"? And Horses are going to have their own "Get Riding" gamepack.

The team have shuffled the features with the themes before.
    For example the Murphy bed came with apartments (sims 2), university (sims 3) and it's own pack (sims 4),
    plantsims came with seasons (sims 2), university (sims 3) and a slimmed down version in a patch (sims 4).
    So there is no way of telling what feature can be combined with which theme. I would love a fairytale pack, but I think it is too close to supernatural to count as something new. I don't think we will see them within the next six months.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

- werewolves
    - fairies
    - genies
    - time travel
    - horses

So far they have been releasing the supernaturals each one in it's own pack. Don't think we are going to have an EP with more than one supernatural being included in it. They seem to love modern stuff and culture, so we might get hotels as AirBnB, if we get them that is. Don't care much for supernaturals, but I would love a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortuneteller/matchmaker sim that does love potions, poisons, and herbal remedies out of plants and places curses on other sims. A sort of witch but not like Sabrina.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited April 2020
    Never, NEVER trust a roadmap. They can be changed out or just removed altogether. Roadmaps are a collection of broken dreams.

Besides, it just tells us the order things are coming in.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    RockyMightSimRockyMightSim Posts: 8 New Member
    Besides everything bad everyone's been saying, I'm still excited about these packs. Since The Sims 4 is the first version of the game that I have to actualy wait for content, I havent been let down greatly yet, so you could say I'm still a child who believes in santa, even if his latest gifts haven't been exactly what I expected.

In other words, I'll wait for these packs with a smile on my face and I will probably be pretty satisfied with the final result.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2020

Generations and Freetime (aka the best EPs.)
  • Options
    IronicBeauty77IronicBeauty77 Posts: 28 Member
    Generational play is the only thing they should be considering doing. If that includes other themes like farming or superheros, ugh whatever, just make the base generational! Give us lifetime simmers something to hang on to! And if they really wanted to do something cool make it HISTORICAL lineage. Where we could really start a family tree back a hundred years or so and actually truly play 'off the grid'. This could incorporate many things simmers want i.e. farming, horses, sustainable living, IN-DEPTH game play! Dooo it!!
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2020

- werewolves
    - fairies
    - genies
    - time travel
    - horses

I have to say I am not completely against some old themes making a comeback, but I'd really love some completely new stuff right now, a real surprise. No one was surprised when University came out because everyone's been requesting it. Horses won't be a surprise either. Old themes could come later for all I care, those things will eventually come, that's a given. I'd love time travel or hotels in the game, both things that have been there before, but I can still wait to see what completely new things they might have in store for us for 2020. I don't even know if I would count time travel or werewolves to "recycling" in this sense, since the they both only appeared in TS3 and aren't something like university or seasons which has been there since TS2 at the least.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Justine Keaton expansion, stuff pack, and game pack confirmed. :#

I think a Five Nighs at Freddy's EP, Tattletail GP and Minecraft SP are so much cooler that whoever the heck this Justine Keaton is.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Well, we've officially already got all the usual EP's out of the way by now, so I am expecting huge, game changing expansion pack next with feature rich content. EP that would focus about fundamental changes to the Emotion System would be day one purchase to me.

Themes possibly being recycled:
    - Asian Adventures (with TS4 rather as a GP)
    - Adventures in Egypt (s.a.)
    - Explore France (s.a.)
    - Generations
    - Free Time
    - Ambitions/Get to Work again
    - Livin' Large
    - Hot Date/Get Romantic
    - Showtime

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Erja888 wrote: »
    Well, we've officially already got all the usual EP's out of the way by now, so I am expecting huge, game changing expansion pack next with feature rich content. EP that would focus about fundamental changes to the Emotion System would be day one purchase to me.

Themes possibly being recycled:
    - Asian Adventures (with TS4 rather as a GP)
    - Adventures in Egypt (s.a.)
    - Explore France (s.a.)
    - Generations
    - Free Time
    - Ambitions/Get to Work again
    - Livin' Large
    - Hot Date/Get Romantic
    - Showtime

They could make Asian adventures, Egypt ad France into EPs, and give us new bigger worlds like Sulani. Worlds in GPs are quite small.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Still wishing the Nurses would be fixed in the Hospital. Instead of standing around with one patient, They could deliver food, and admit patients or clean messes and make beds. When an orderly is there they do mop and make beds, but the Nurses are nothing but a nuisance, Please fix them!
  • Options
    Still wishing the Nurses would be fixed in the Hospital. Instead of standing around with one patient, They could deliver food, and admit patients or clean messes and make beds. When an orderly is there they do mop and make beds, but the Nurses are nothing but a nuisance, Please fix them!

Actually real life nurses only administer medication and collect samples. They don't deliver food, make beds, or clean messes. They will clean blood from a patient's body but won't clean it from the floor. They don't make beds either.
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2020
    Want to say Thank you to devs and EA during this crisis instead of closing or adopting limited hours they have again made a historical move to allow their employees to work from home and keep the Sims and all the games running while we are all stuck at home. Just proves the Sims family extends way beyond cyberspace :)
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Loucifer wrote: »
    Want to say Thank you to devs and EA during this crisis instead of closing or adopting limited hours they have again made a historical move to allow their employees to work from home and keep the Sims and all the games running while we are all stuck at home. Just proves the Sims family extends way beyond cyberspace :)

btw my nick is from an old Mickey Rourke movie Angel Heart Robert De nero played Lou Cifer lol
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)