March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

12345679...Next

Comments

• beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.1456w.png

Okay, the owl represents Realm of Magic.
    The guy under the owl with the spider on his shoulder represents Jungle adventure.
    The child represents Parenthood maybe?
    The gnome...Seasons?
    The cats and the veterinarian holding the cat is obviously Cats & Dogs.
    So, what are the protesters representing? They seem pretty happy to be protesting.

City Living, political career.

Okay, so no hints in the photo then. Thanks!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    If you don't think players have ever influenced this game, you haven't been paying attention. Though it's true that it may not have always been to your liking (or mine), that doesn't mean it never happens.

While content and change could always get better in Sims 4, it's also important to remember that it could always get worse.

I don’t believe it happens to the extent it should. Players have been asking for the same improvements/changes to the core game since 2014, and instead, money and resources are instead used for updates like the super-saturated blue-rebrand electric boogaloo.

I understand where you’re getting at with that last sentence, however, I owe EA/Maxis nothing. I’m not going to be grateful that the game is in a mediocre state because it isn’t absolute garbage yet. As a video game, if it gets any worse from here, I’ll just leave it in the dust and focus on other titles.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    If you don't think players have ever influenced this game, you haven't been paying attention. Though it's true that it may not have always been to your liking (or mine), that doesn't mean it never happens.

While content and change could always get better in Sims 4, it's also important to remember that it could always get worse.

I don’t believe it happens to the extent it should. Players have been asking for the same improvements/changes to the core game since 2014, and instead, money and resources are instead used for updates like the super-saturated blue-rebrand electric boogaloo.

I understand where you’re getting at with that last sentence, however, I owe EA/Maxis nothing. I’m not going to be grateful that the game is in a mediocre state because it isn’t absolute garbage yet. As a video game, if it gets any worse from here, I’ll just leave it in the dust and focus on other titles.

And it would seem that players have had their answers. Those things aren't coming. It's been almost six years. Sims 4 will continue to be developed as however they intended. Now what?

I never said people should be grateful. I said people should expect to be flexible because there is a worldwide pandemic going on and the development work habits are now different with all of the devs working from home and adjusting to new environments, obstacles, tech and work management (not to mention the threat of illnesses and layoffs and a general change of lifestyle)... and yes, it could affect content. There could be upheavals. There could be delays. There could be content cancellations or skimming. It's happening everywhere, it's not like this should be unexpected. If you're truly that unhappy already with the game then yes, perhaps you should leave it in the dust if the game content means that much to you and it continues to disappoint you.

My point was merely that it would be wise to be aware and try to have the same understanding you'd have with anyone else in the same situation in this chaos. The world could do with more understanding right now.
    #Team Occult
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Like I so often end up saying...the game is what it is. After all these years, I do believe it's a lost cause to try and "fight" for fundamental changes at this point. We are all free to take from it what we can use, and free to leave behind what we can't. It's not really EA's fault that there is no competition out there, leaving people stuck with their game and its flaws (and a bunch of good things too!). We have to accept that it won't accommodate all of our wishes. Like with any other game.

As costumers, we can regret our purchase if the product doesn't live up to our expectations. But if that's the case it ain't EA's fault either. Sims 4 is just not to everyone's liking. Doesn't mean that something is fundamentally wrong with the game. It just means we like and want for different things in life.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    KitKat78 wrote: »
    I am 42 and still love my SIMS as I have been playing since I was a teen. I would love, love, love to see a Entrepreneurship or Shop Small Businesses pack/ expansion. There are so many possibilities and creative routes to this possibility. A sim could go through the process of applying for a small business loan at city hall and going through specific steps or just outright bypassing that with a cheat code to set up shop with their own business (florist, beauty salon, massage therapist, daycare centers that are active, tattoo parlors, little boutiques not just clothing but being able to create your own items to sell which looks like it might be something the new pack for knitting could contain, bakeries, law firms, small doctor offices/clinics, etc.). The small businesses should also have goals in order to stay in business as they are approved by city hall which can determine their success or failures similar to goals in the current version of university sims. These small business should incorporate a larger world where there is a rural and urban setting all in one. Bring back free world!
    These are my hopes and dreams for the SIMS...one can dream, right?

I have to admit I am with you on this one. Get to Work introduced enough for me to be reasonably happy but it could be so much more couldn't it?

Where you talk about day-care centres and other types of business premises, even for the self-employed Sim would be fantastic to play. And like you I really miss the open world system. 😑
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬