Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A word from our team: coming soon to The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    mimilu04 wrote: »
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Any new updates? It's already more than a week after the last post. Can you share with us what are the themes of these packs are? The expected released dates? The upcoming patches with new & unique update especially on the Sims personality or at least the update on the existing tool (the terrain, stair)? I've thought that this is suppose to be a weekly update post. :|

This was not meant to be a weekly thing... Last year we got the roadmap announcing 3 packs early april, then nothing until early june with the trailer for Island Living and the announcement for Moschino and RoM. I am pretty sure they'll be following a similar timeline this year.

The only piece of "news" we might get soonish will be about the community stuff pack and the last round of voting.

Understand, but their update on this is kinda effortless & there's no real information at all. Everyone knows that we're going to get these packs. The only thing that we want to know is what & when. Hence, I'm expecting that they would update us with something since there's no MM & no other new updates after the first week. At least to keep the hype momentum. It would be nice if they could actually use this platform to communicate with us instead of just telling us something that we already know. Aren't you curious about the theme? When it's going to be released? TBH, it should be included in this blog if the packs are ready & in their final stage or at least, they've agreed on the themes.

Last year announcement was far more better as it shows how confidence they were when announcing the packs.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Any new updates? It's already more than a week after the last post. Can you share with us what are the themes of these packs are? The expected released dates? The upcoming patches with new & unique update especially on the Sims personality or at least the update on the existing tool (the terrain, stair)? I've thought that this is suppose to be a weekly update post. :|

This was not meant to be a weekly thing... Last year we got the roadmap announcing 3 packs early april, then nothing until early june with the trailer for Island Living and the announcement for Moschino and RoM. I am pretty sure they'll be following a similar timeline this year.

The only piece of "news" we might get soonish will be about the community stuff pack and the last round of voting.

Understand, but their update on this is kinda effortless & there's no real information at all. Everyone knows that we're going to get these packs. The only thing that we want to know is what & when. Hence, I'm expecting that they would update us with something since there's no MM & no other new updates after the first week. At least to keep the hype momentum. It would be nice if they could actually use this platform to communicate with us instead of just telling us something that we already know. Aren't you curious about the theme? When it's going to be released? TBH, it should be included in this blog if the packs are ready & in their final stage or at least, they've agreed on the themes.

Last year announcement was far more better as it shows how confidence they were when announcing the packs.

"Everyone knows we're going to get these packs" That was still guesswork on players' side until this confirmation. Sure, this is the same timeframe for packs as 2019 but no, we didn't *know* it was going to happen.

I don't understand how last year was better? It was practically the same: roadmap of pack types in the next 6 months, with no details on those packs in April, pack theme announcements in June.
    We also just had a blog post about the process of getting an item from a concept to the actual item in the pack, so it's not like the whole team has gone completely MIA. It's just not the specific info you're looking for. The one theme we do already know is the Community Stuff Pack which doesn't have a name yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All the way up to the official announcement of a pack (when they're 100% sure it will launch on the date they announce), things can still change. The overall theme might not but the pack title can, details within each pack can, even the main focus of the pack can (like say, Island Living could have been focused on mermaids or on conservative or beach lots or Sulani culture. This was maybe not fully clear last April when they told us we're getting an EP). And I'm going to go ahead and assume that they don't have specific release dates yet as their entire schedule got thrown off course with the move to working from home.
    For all we know, they're working on multiple EPs and aren't sure yet which one will be ready in, say, June.
  • Options

"Everyone knows we're going to get these packs" That was still guesswork on players' side until this confirmation. Sure, this is the same timeframe for packs as 2019 but no, we didn't *know* it was going to happen.

I don't understand how last year was better? It was practically the same: roadmap of pack types in the next 6 months, with no details on those packs in April, pack theme announcements in June.
    We also just had a blog post about the process of getting an item from a concept to the actual item in the pack, so it's not like the whole team has gone completely MIA. It's just not the specific info you're looking for. The one theme we do already know is the Community Stuff Pack which doesn't have a name yet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All the way up to the official announcement of a pack (when they're 100% sure it will launch on the date they announce), things can still change. The overall theme might not but the pack title can, details within each pack can, even the main focus of the pack can (like say, Island Living could have been focused on mermaids or on conservative or beach lots or Sulani culture. This was maybe not fully clear last April when they told us we're getting an EP). And I'm going to go ahead and assume that they don't have specific release dates yet as their entire schedule got thrown off course with the move to working from home.
    For all we know, they're working on multiple EPs and aren't sure yet which one will be ready in, say, June.

I'm pretty sure we have a lot of threads in this forum discussing on the possible packs that we're getting this year & we do expect these 3 different packs are going to be released within this year. To reiterate, the only thing that we don't know is what are the themes. It should be included in their original post instead of keeping it for later because, I don't understand why the need to keep it as a secret for now if it's supposed to be in their final production stage. I would like to be positive & hoping that this is not just a facade to show us that they have something new for us.

Last year was better because no one (at least for me) was expecting that they were announcing 3 different packs with 3 different themes in advance. Hence, I personally feel that it was better than this announcement. Plus, I doubt that the SP is going to be the current community project. If that's the one, why can't they just disclose it right now? They don't need to give us the title, but the theme is suffice for the time being because everything is subject to change until it release.

If they don't have the specific dates yet, it would be nice if they could share the possible months that we're getting it. As we all know, with this current situation, it would be wise for anyone to spend on necessities instead of other things. Hence, if they can give us the possible months of released, it will be very helpful for anyone to start budgeting. They need to be more dynamic & flexible, especially during this period.
  • Options
    MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    Do you know what I want? TS3 on 64-bit systems instead of more expansion or stuff packs. That's my vote. 6 months roadmap? Everyone on the news is saying that 1) this could be a minimum of 6 months of restrictions 2) Stay indoors as much as possible, where I live- people are still driving around. It would be amusing that when this is over we all enter the world and have to remember how to interact again because we have been with our sims too much! Haha (COVID-19 not amusing at all- So no one shoot me for that)
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    In our most recent blog article, SimGuruDuke shares a bit about what the team is planning for the coming months as we all adjust to our new normal.

Check it out here!: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.1456w.png

Intriguing... 🙂
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I'm pretty sure we have a lot of threads in this forum discussing on the possible packs that we're getting this year & we do expect these 3 different packs are going to be released within this year. To reiterate, the only thing that we don't know is what are the themes. It should be included in their original post instead of keeping it for later because, I don't understand why the need to keep it as a secret for now if it's supposed to be in their final production stage. I would like to be positive & hoping that this is not just a facade to show us that they have something new for us.

Last year was better because no one (at least for me) was expecting that they were announcing 3 different packs with 3 different themes in advance. Hence, I personally feel that it was better than this announcement. Plus, I doubt that the SP is going to be the current community project. If that's the one, why can't they just disclose it right now? They don't need to give us the title, but the theme is suffice for the time being because everything is subject to change until it release.

If they don't have the specific dates yet, it would be nice if they could share the possible months that we're getting it. As we all know, with this current situation, it would be wise for anyone to spend on necessities instead of other things. Hence, if they can give us the possible months of released, it will be very helpful for anyone to start budgeting. They need to be more dynamic & flexible, especially during this period.

Actually, it's the players who need to be more flexible. The entire world has changed. Jobs have changed. Production has changed. This also influences development.

I was actually expecting less from this announcement because having 200 developers work from home in individual environments and distractions and challenges vs. all working together in an accommodating environment where they can freely interact and discuss is a huge difference. Players need to get a grasp of that. I would expect that everything is subject to change at this point, and any information that they can give us is good information.

My concern at this point is that player pressure is going to cause the devs to push out DLC that either isn't ready, or falls short of content, just because of demand and impatience. I'd rather wait a little longer and have the schedule pushed back for packs than see this happen.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member

Ah, dang it! No multiplayer Sims 4! (stomp, stomp, stomp!) :D
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    "Baby, I have a surprise for you soon!" Three months later... "Look! I did the dishes." "Oh, that's anticlimactic!"

This totally pegs how I've felt sometimes. The hyping of something eventually unremarkable. But maybe it'll tempt the customers! Dirty trick...and we keep falling for it. Well, some of us do.

Still, I am curious about what's to come. Here's to hoping the updates will fix some bugs if nothing else.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Barney111Barney111 Posts: 20 Member
    I cant wait to see what new content they will release! A lot of previous ones are ones already made just updated and altered slightly for the sims 4. (although i still love them) Be nice to see something completely different and new to explore :)
  • Options
    AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    All I want is my sims to do the dishes and wash hands in the nearest sink, would it be that hard?
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    All I want is my sims to do the dishes and wash hands in the nearest sink, would it be that hard?

Have you tried limiting the number of sinks to one...or maybe two? With the second one being on a different floor, for example?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Nindigo wrote: »

Have you tried limiting the number of sinks to one...or maybe two? With the second one being on a different floor, for example?

No, but that would change the house plan too much :( It would take forever for my sims to go upstairs just to go to the bathroom.
  • Options
    We might get a travel themed pack, right? They've asked us a lot about travel stuff on that survey and on the last patch note they wrote that:

Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
    This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member

That has happened sense TS2 :) (not know about 3 as never played it) , lol, lets say try to cook a group meal at Pleasant house at TS2, yes cooking aint the problem but they place the meal at the counter in bathroom :D . EVERY time if you start the hood fesh. And they do have LOTS of free counters at kitchen :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    chibisama08chibisama08 Posts: 2 New Member
    Just give me bonehilda guys...plz
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    LiELF wrote: »

Actually, it's the players who need to be more flexible. The entire world has changed. Jobs have changed. Production has changed. This also influences development.

I was actually expecting less from this announcement because having 200 developers work from home in individual environments and distractions and challenges vs. all working together in an accommodating environment where they can freely interact and discuss is a huge difference. Players need to get a grasp of that. I would expect that everything is subject to change at this point, and any information that they can give us is good information.

My concern at this point is that player pressure is going to cause the devs to push out DLC that either isn't ready, or falls short of content, just because of demand and impatience. I'd rather wait a little longer and have the schedule pushed back for packs than see this happen.

I did, and I believe most of us did for the past 6 years. The thing is, this should not be the case if they are already working on it, have a proper plan for 5 years, 10 years or even 20 years, relaying the info earlier where then they can execute the plan accordingly. I appreciate if they don't use any incidents such as Covid-19 as an excuse to ask us to be flexible because we already are .Imagine if the next incident is another huge outbreak or even WWIII (please God, no) & 2020 is going to be cancelled just like that.

For example like the recent 20th anniversary, they don't even stay at home but, what have they done? While this Covid-19 just started less than 5 months and I'm assuming that they have been working on it for more than that or perhaps earlier than this current situation. So, this should not be the reason why they can't deliver. The irony is, they can disclosed the pack types but they can't disclosed the themes, so why is that? Don't you feel that it's half hearted announcement? Yes, I agree with you we should be expecting less from this announcement because what they are more focusing right now is having live streams every weeks playing other games. :|

Then again, since they're working from home, I doubt this should change almost everything if all things are on "papers" & have agreed upon at least last year or early this year since we know how long it will take to make 1 pack. They can always communicate with each other & make a decision faster despite staying at home.

As of now, TBH, I don't really care about the new packs because I don't even own all the packs right now because it's not something that I want (it's nice to have but I don't feel a pressure to own it). What makes me want them to work more is to improve the existing gameplay & features that are all lacking. If they do feel a pressure to work on packs, they should divert their resources more on to improve the existing packs & game play. I personally don't want another DLC, but I prefer to have an upgrade on the existing packs & features
  • Options
    KitKat78KitKat78 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am 42 and still love my SIMS as I have been playing since I was a teen. I would love, love, love to see a Entrepreneurship or Shop Small Businesses pack/ expansion. There are so many possibilities and creative routes to this possibility. A sim could go through the process of applying for a small business loan at city hall and going through specific steps or just outright bypassing that with a cheat code to set up shop with their own business (florist, beauty salon, massage therapist, daycare centers that are active, tattoo parlors, little boutiques not just clothing but being able to create your own items to sell which looks like it might be something the new pack for knitting could contain, bakeries, law firms, small doctor offices/clinics, etc.). The small businesses should also have goals in order to stay in business as they are approved by city hall which can determine their success or failures similar to goals in the current version of university sims. These small business should incorporate a larger world where there is a rural and urban setting all in one. Bring back free world!
    These are my hopes and dreams for the SIMS...one can dream, right?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2020
    you can make a bakery in get to work and you can sell anything you like at your store @KitKat78
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AqsaAqsa Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to make a suggestion about the seasons expansion pack. In my opinion I do think it could have been a bit better. For example in sims 3 there were festivals in the park and in sims 4 this isn’t there. There are only limited festivals with the city living expansion pack. It would be a lot more fun and would add more gameplay if there were festivals for each holiday like Christmas and Halloween. In sims 3 u could get pumpkins and carve them but I don’t think this is possible in sims 4 so it would be better if this was available. Thanks
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Aqsa wrote: »
    I want to make a suggestion about the seasons expansion pack. In my opinion I do think it could have been a bit better. For example in sims 3 there were festivals in the park and in sims 4 this isn’t there. There are only limited festivals with the city living expansion pack. It would be a lot more fun and would add more gameplay if there were festivals for each holiday like Christmas and Halloween. In sims 3 u could get pumpkins and carve them but I don’t think this is possible in sims 4 so it would be better if this was available. Thanks

You can get and carve pumpkins with the Spooky Stuff Pack, which predated Seasons.
  • Options
    AqsaAqsa Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="DaWaterRat;c-17467791"][quote="Aqsa;c-17467679"]I want to make a suggestion about the seasons expansion pack. In my opinion I do think it could have been a bit better. For example in sims 3 there were festivals in the park and in sims 4 this isn’t there. There are only limited festivals with the city living expansion pack. It would be a lot more fun and would add more gameplay if there were festivals for each holiday like Christmas and Halloween. In sims 3 u could get pumpkins and carve them but I don’t think this is possible in sims 4 so it would be better if this was available. Thanks[/quote]

You can get and carve pumpkins with the Spooky Stuff Pack, which predated Seasons.[/quote]

Yes I know this but I think it really should have been included with seasons as well but thanks anyway for feedback.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Honestly, if you tried telling me that there was a global pandemic, and used "changes" at Maxis as a means of showing how it impacted dev studios, I would call you a liar and think there was no pandemic at all. Truly, from my perspective as a consumer, I've noticed zero changes. It's almost as if Maxis was functioning in pandemic-mode since The Sims 4 dropped, and I'm only slightly kidding here. :lol:

I suppose that's why I would tell you not to worry about player pressure influencing The Sims 4. Clearly, it hasn't ever impacted the game as it is.
  • Options
    If you don't think players have ever influenced this game, you haven't been paying attention. Though it's true that it may not have always been to your liking (or mine), that doesn't mean it never happens.

While content and change could always get better in Sims 4, it's also important to remember that it could always get worse.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    beadierturtlebeadierturtle Posts: 295 Member

Okay, the owl represents Realm of Magic.
    The guy under the owl with the spider on his shoulder represents Jungle adventure.
    The child represents Parenthood maybe?
    The gnome...Seasons?
    The cats and the veterinarian holding the cat is obviously Cats & Dogs.
    So, what are the protesters representing? They seem pretty happy to be protesting.
  • Options

Okay, the owl represents Realm of Magic.
    The guy under the owl with the spider on his shoulder represents Jungle adventure.
    The child represents Parenthood maybe?
    The gnome...Seasons?
    The cats and the veterinarian holding the cat is obviously Cats & Dogs.
    So, what are the protesters representing? They seem pretty happy to be protesting.

City Living, political career.
    #Team Occult