Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Gamer43251Gamer43251 Posts: 51 Member
    Ouch that hurts was there much unsaved? @Somearylala and ty @meerkattime glad i got it right and that makes sense just wanted to be sure xD
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No update from me today as I am busy but there will be a new Sim here tomorrow and also I will work on my synopsis :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    I'm so happy rn. I started a new save and have been jumping through households.

Jamie and Zelda are now an LGBTQ+ couple

Vita Alto is pregnant (too late to have a baby now Vita, you're like 50)

Pauline and Hank split up and they moved together in a much smaller home

Mortimer saw his grandfather's ghost in his bedroom

Holly + Michael, Parker + Lisa

Arlo catched a lot of insects, and he went to Bella's house

Fiona got a new boyfriend, so did Tamara

Am I the only one who thinks playing pre-mades is much more fun than just focusing on your own Sims? I think it's a blast and it's even more fun with Twallan's story progression mod
  • Options
    Ya i actually havent quite played any premade sims except matthew hammon who my sim married and had 6 kids with but having mods do make the game a whole lot more fun in my opinion!
  • Options
    In my game Buster and Bessie are still married but they hate each other :D I think it was more Buster than Bessie tbh
  • Options
    Buster and Bessie broke up finally
  • Options
    R.I.P or maybe gg not entirely sure lol But never the less im happy xD i just got ambitions which is great my kids when they grow up can each get cooler jobs plus ambitions is required for so many custom worlds so many more vacation places coming to my sims can not wait!!!
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,124 Member
    @Somearylala and @Gamer43251 Welcome to the thread and thanks for sharing. :smiley:

I've enjoyed reading your chit chat back and forth. :blush:

I look forward to when you hit member status so you can post updates with pictures. :mrgreen: Yay!

@Emily4331 The other two gals you created...just as beautiful as Alexis! <3:star:

Busy day today. We're doing a mini family Thanksgiving today for my husband as he's working on actual Thanksgiving. :blush: I look forward to yummy nom noms!

Happy Simming my friends!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Marissella gave Marcel his baby bottle early in the morning. I managed to catch a short moment before the feeding started when both mother and baby were still in a bad mood.
    WNxFZwE.jpg

I installed the better snow mod. To me the differences are subtle, but one of the places where the snow looks very visibly realistic is the road. Look at those tyre marks!
    iqV6x7B.jpg

The general snowy scenery is pretty, but I'm not sure how different it is to what it was before.
    o8UORU5.jpg

When Evangeline woke up, she rolled the wish to preside over the royal court.
    7cXytvl.jpg

An imaginary friend for Marcel came in the mail. Evangeline turned into a bar of gold using the Philosopher's stone - imaginary friends are not welcome in this save.
    ao3uulU.jpg

Evangeline invited some extended family members for a gift-giving party and got hearts with three of them. They are only her relatives through marriage, not by blood, but the hearts were still not welcome!
    tdoAtFQ.jpg

Soon, family members began to arrive and place their gifts in a pile on the floor.
    MUI3d9J.jpg

Cousin David stared at the pile of presents like a little child. Cousin Kristina seemed to be judging him.
    UQLxpP5.jpg

Cousin Elliot, who had hearts with Evangeline over the phone, brought cookies. He seemed to be attracting judgmental looks too.
    bjLetPE.jpg
  • Options
    @Somearylala and @Gamer43251 , welcome to the thread! I gave you likes and awesomes to help you become full members and post screenshots sooner!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    Sorry, just been a little preoccupied with things that needed doing in RL so kind of fell behind in feedback.

Feedback.

Page 3729
    @bekkasan - I hope to find something fun to do. Evidently the company I was formerly with before I had to leave for health reasons in 2007 has now amalgamated their computers, audio/visual and cameras department into one called Tech. Since my wife still works for that company and my specialty is cameras, she’s trying to get me back in. I’d have to learn the basics of computers and TVs and stereo systems but it would be something I would be interested in doing. I’m also planning when finances get better to build my own top-notch gaming system.

Page 3730
    @emorrill -oh awesome. Things that go bang! :mrgreen: I’ve always wanted to get a Beretta 92FS and an AR-15. Though of course in Canada, we’re regulated by having owners do a CFSC (Canadian Firearms Safety Course) which is done in two stages standard hunting rifles (non big -black scary guns with wood stocks and bolt-action) fall into this category for those who want to go hunting. Then the second course is the CRFSC (Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course) handguns and semi-automatic BBS (big black and scary guns (AR-15)
    There’s a third category called Prohibited (AK class rifles certain short barrel handguns. Barrett-style 50BMG except for the M82 (surprisingly the older M82 falls under Restricted which means that someone certified can get an older Barrett and sent a few .50 BMG down-range)) which hardly anyone can get anymore. Only a few Canadians have those and the RCMP isn’t issuing them anymore. Those who are lucky enough to have them can pass them down through their family but to no one else.
    I took both my CFSC-CRFSC courses (96/96 on both; pass score was 80%) practical and written. Practical meant that you showed your instructor that you could demonstrate safe handling of a firearm -loading and unloading of a weapon. Never went and took out my RPAL (RESTRICTED Possession Acquisition License -which entitles me to own restricted and unrestricted rifles and handguns and allows me to walk into a gun store and buy any firearm on their shelf given an extensive background check to see if I’m fit to own such (if the RCMP knew what I do to my sims...they might wonder about my sanity :mrgreen: so, Yes we have heavy regulation on gun ownership up here but as far as most owners are concerned, that’s OK. I won’t go into the other stuff here -that’s for a different kind of forum.
    @meerrkattime - yup more to come but gotta wait.
    @king_of_simcity7 - hairs look awesome on her.
    @GraceyManor -the road is never easy :mrgreen: poor Tom. looks like he just got uh probably too soon to call it that. Friend-zoned?
    @Emily4331 - your sims never cease to amaze me.
    @PalmArrow - Winter looks like a Scottish Fold. :).

Page 3731
    @GraceyManor. Yeah it seemed to be a flurry. And the face on Holly was full of such disappointment that Bebe hooked Phil that I wanted to have her hunt down someone else. I had Mickey pegged for Autumn from the start. :D
    @DillynJames - all the homes are absolutely stunning. Don’t know what it is about the Kirkwood home but I love its open layout on the main floor.
    @Silverofdreams30.- i’m sorry to hear you lost your last save. Hopefully back-tracking to your last usable save didn’t lose too much.

Page 3732
    @GraceyManor. Whew!

Well for a winged chapter that was Awesome. Pretty brazen for Tom.

Page 3733
    @PalmArrow -love your story. Still trying to sort everything out so as to give a cogent reply.

Likes and Awesomes given
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer , yes, Winter is a Scottish fold! I've given Glendonnach townies Scottish and English cats and dogs. :)
  • Options
    Tysm All for the likes and awesomes to help me!

Small update: Added a second floor to my house in preperation of the quads becoming teens in 2 days Got matthew a job as a architecht to see what the ambition professions are like hell probs quit soon so i can concentrate on the quads will update as needed!
  • Options
    Marissella called out that it was tome to open the present. It took a while, but everyone finally took a position around the gift pile, seated or standing. (There was really no need for cousin Kristina to sit on the floor, but I like that she did - it makes the whole gathering look so informal!)
    83glAI4.jpg

Poor Marissella! It's so disappointing when you go to the trouble of organising a gift-giving party, and then your present is coal!
    bDxhqNX.jpg

The guy who got the toilet paper wasn't very happy either. But most of the guests got nice presents, like Sonaflux guitars.
    zrveFGI.jpg

The gift-giving went on for hours, and some of the guests started leaving after opening their present. They all said it was an awesome party.
    4WJSSFN.jpg

George got a chess table. he already has one, but it made him happy.
    8WVYXDY.jpg

When more than half of the guests were gone, I noticed that Marisella was already opening her second present, but poor little Evangeline hadn't even opened a first one!
    AuRjMj9.jpg

Marisella got a guitar (which made her happy, although she already has one), and Evangeline finally got to open a present.
    Sjv0cbz.jpg

Yay! She got a dollhouse, and loved it!
    uk44AKR.jpg

She immediately played with it with her little sister Gemma, and even allowed Gemma to bite the dolls' heads.
    lprL17L.jpg

The last guest to leave was an elderly relative who played video games until the evening. He too thought it had been an awesome party!
    Ticde7z.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    The Way of Life
    Chapter Nine
    Lǎohǔ Zǒu Sēnlín (Tiger Walks Forest) Part II

Martial Arts became a way of life in the bunker. Every week they had formal practice in the gym in order to perfect their skills. In the meantime, Haruo, having achieved Level 10 in alchemy started concentrating on achieving black belt in martial arts mainly due to the fact that as an instructor, he needed to be at the top of his game. Black Tiger Fist Kung Fu (技術虎 originating in the Shandong Province), from which Sim Fu was derived, was characterized by low stances, acrobatic kicks and extensive footwork, which when one looked at both forms, bore distinct resemblance to each other. Within the Shaolin framework, Black Tiger Fist Kung Fu was the most external of the five forms, though with more practice, meditation and internal direction was the focus of the practitioner. Sifu 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Zhenyuan, was the originator of the form in the late nineteenth century. Sifu Zhu Yuan, who originated Sim Fu had studied with the master of the Black Tiger Fist Kung Fu form for many years prior to creating his own martial art form and he had drawn from many parts of the form; thus Sim Fu or Tiger Grasping Heaven (Lǎohǔ zhuā tiāntáng) Kung Fu was only slightly distinguishable from Black Tiger Fist Kung Fu.
    Screenshot-456.jpgScreenshot-458.jpgScreenshot-460.jpgScreenshot-462.jpg It was only traditional that the most advanced student fought the master in demonstration of their skills. And of course in that respect, River, being the most advanced with a blue belt, drew the short straw of going up against her fiance. Fighting more advanced students allowed the junior students to increase their skill and their confidence, while the older student learned the ropes of guiding the less skilled student. In that respect, they learned to teach. Of course, Haruo didn't hold back because he wanted her to learn exactly what it was that would keep them all alive.
    Screenshot-468.jpgScreenshot-482.jpgScreenshot-495.jpgScreenshot-512.jpgScreenshot-536.jpgScreenshot-539.jpgScreenshot-572.jpgScreenshot-603.jpg Each student got their chance with the master: Mickey was next. Haruo was measuring his abilities and so far River had outshone him at every turn. But hopefully, Mickey could be the third person who would be helping to instruct the students. And as the bunker grew in population due to the children, the children as they hit teen-age would be able to join in the martial arts training regimen.
    Screenshot-606.jpgScreenshot-608.jpgScreenshot-616.jpgScreenshot-624.jpgScreenshot-640.jpg Even so, this was not a feel-good situation. They all knew that the skills that they were learning were meant to kill any and all those who would oppose them topside. Incapacitate meant eliminating the opponent - deprive them of their existence. Noel ended up being next on the list.
    Screenshot-657.jpgScreenshot-661.jpgScreenshot-694.jpgScreenshot-704.jpgScreenshot-710.jpg And once again, Haruo did not ease up on the student. After all this training was going to be what would save them when they went up against anyone who meant them harm. Noel got his share of good kicks in, but they weren't as powerful as the ones that Haruo was returning against him.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Wow...last three days have been really busy at work and I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms...cranky, irritable, just a tiny bit witchy...from not having time to play. I'm hoping tomorrow I will have time as I only have one visit to make. :smiley: Gonna try to get all the paperwork done this evening so I won't have to do it tomorrow. I took a break to read the thread and y'alls stories. Best way to chill for a little while before going back to the grind of paperwork. :smiley:

@carlystur03 Welcome! Sounds like things worked out well with you building the house. Hope you remember to get some screenshots next time and share. :smiley:

@turjan cute pic of them bouncing on the invisible trampoline!

@DreamOperator Welcome! Good luck with befriending the unicorn. That is a great picture!

@Silverofdreams30 Bummer you had to start over, but great seeing the sims again. :smiley:
    Lovely pictures of Stephen and Pamela reuniting! Oopsie...he dropped her!

@Gamer43251 Oh my! That is a lot of babies. Big families are fun! Good luck with them.
    Congrats on the promotion and getting a house in Egypt!
    They sure aged up fast! :smiley:

@Sleepstar Hope you soon feel much better!

@PalmArrow It is very pretty with the snow covering the town. Great screenshots!
    It is nice seeing the Gant family again. The girls are cute playing together!
    Christmas! Great pics of the friends and family gathering. :smiley:
    Oh no! Marissella was a bad girl this year apparently! Great capture of her expression.

@GraceyManor That is good you found them. Always rename and save a copy of the game folder to the desktop before experimenting with your game folder. :open_mouth: I thought you knew to do that.
    Bye Chris! lol Poor Tom, he can't catch a break. Actually, I am glad he did it. Maybe she will start thinking about him as she is sitting all alone in her room!

@Karritz It really seems a bit stupid and presumptuous of YouTube to assign any video for children without checking out the video. I can see the parents and lawyers screaming now. It seems as if they would let you assign the video yourself.
    Congrats on getting that video finished and up. Hopefully YouTube will read the label! :grin:

@Emily4331 They are adorable. Love the poses!

@Somearylala Welcome! Sounds like fun seeing what they are all up to in SV. :smiley:
    Nope, I don't play premades. I like making my own sims and the premades are friends, neighbors, background folks, and occasionally brought into the story as a mate if I deem them acceptable. :smiley: I have two premades from Midnight Hollow that joined the current sim family I'm playing.
    I think it is cool that we all have so many different play styles and it works with Sims 3.

@emorrill Happy early Thanksgiving to you and your family. I think that is really sweet to have it early for him. :smiley:

@Nikkei_Simmer That would be a great place to work with your background. I would love to build my own puter for gaming as well. I think I would need to take on a third job though and two is enough right now! :open_mouth:
    Great pics of the martial arts. I love watching my sims spar.
  • Options
    Update: The Quad Squad are now all Teens gonna take a picture of their new hair colors i designed for when get member status then imma move them to the future probs have them live out their teen days there!!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @bekkasan
    Always rename and save a copy of the game folder to the desktop before experimenting with your game folder

I do.But i got my self confused trying to follow a video and having so many back ups.(I had 4 backups of my Sims 3 folder....I had deleted the wrong one :D ) Its fine though, I had saved my family to the bin and baked up the library and saved sims folders like the video said to do, so all I had to do was restart in a fresh copy of Acadia.But it was for the best, the game runs much better.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @bekkasan I hope you've had time to play a bit and are now feeling a little better.

If you click on any of my Oscar videos or 30 Grandchildren or Caroline and Friends videos all of the suggested videos down the right side of the screen on YouTube are nursery rhymes and other small children type of videos.

I'll be changing the thumbnails of several of my story series on YouTube. I strongly suspect that means YouTube will just delete my channel(s) and ban me from YouTube because they want me to lie and say all of my Sims 3 videos are made for children under 13 to watch.
  • Options
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    I don't remember owning this dress.Is it a store item? Anyone know?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    My mods folder completely disappeared and all its content is gone.
    I lost all the hair I had installed, I have no clue where I got any of it.:/
    So now Catarina is bald.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I took some time today to make some ever-so-slight edits to Jessica.
    I darkened her hair, fiddled with her jaw line, lessened her nose bridge, and made her eyes a little smaller. I still am having trouble getting her lips to match her Sims 4 version, but I think I'm gonna stop here. I love her!

XcpsLfj.jpg

You can actually read more about Jessica here!: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Fanon:Jessica_Colby
    I already wrote about her on The Sims Wiki a few years ago, but am doing so again as I update her story going into 2020! If you are on a desktop, you will see the tabs, and can read her story that way. The tabs don't show up if you're on mobile, so the formatting is kind of wonky, but it's still readable.

Happy simming!
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    my Computer got wiped of everything I lost everything on it I will have to restart my Christmas story edit: doing a system restore to see if I can recovery if not Catarina and Tom will be back but their story will have to be done

Edit: So that did not work, so Catarina and TOm are gone.My new story will be ready in a bit.
  • Options
    @DillynJames , Jessica is beautiful!

@GraceyManor , I'm not 100% sure, but I think the outfit you posted is not from the Store. I'm sorry you lost your save, I was hoping you would be able to recover it! :(
  • Options
    So finally after many hours of fixing my game, the first chapter...Oh well, maybe this will be twice as good.
    This chapter was put in spoilers as it has a Christmas song in it, and in case some people aren't for that, they won't see it.
    Nov 28th, 1991
    Screenshot.jpg
    Catarina: I heard about this baby boy, that's come to earth to bring us joy and all I want to
    do is sing this song to you.It goes like this the fourth the fifth, the minor fall, a major lift.With every breath I'm singing Hallejuah, Hallejuah, Hallejuah

Screenshot-2.jpg
    A couple came to Bethelem, expecting child, they searched the inn, to find a place for you were coming soon.There was no room for them
    to stay, so in a manage full of hay, god's only son was born oh hallejuah, Hallejuah, Hallejuah

A star shone bright up in the east, to bethelem the wise men three, came many miles a journey for you.And to the place
    in which you laid, their frankenscents, and gold and mirth they gave to you, hallejuah, hallejuah, Hallejuah hallejuah

Screenshot.jpg
    I know you came to rescue me, this baby boy who grow to be a man who die for me and you.My sins would
    drive the nails in you, this rugged cross was my cross to, still every breath you drew as hallejuah, Hallejuah, Hallejuah....

Nove 24th 2019...
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Caterina: Brings back memories...
    Deanna: Mom wants you to join the church choir again.
    Caterina: For what? I don't sing anymore...that's that.
    Deanna: Where's your holiday spirit?
    Caterina: Bah! Humbug.
    Deanna; You can come home you know?

Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLE7Vje3euc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top