Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Thank you. I'm feeling a lot better today, but I couldn't get a play session in as my parents had a visitor and she didn't leave till two this afternoon.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Morning my fellow simming friends. :)

I spent a good part of last night still editing pictures (just fixing tiny things in them that bother me and adjusting lighting) and reading bits of the story as well and crying and smiling and laughing. :blush: Literally......crying. Ok, it was more like getting teary, but y'all will see. ;) It's not super sad stuff, but...yeah, you'll see. :p There's a little bit of every kind of emotion in this story. :blush:

My husband is off for the week now and as usual he will be occupying most of my time. <3 (Not in the way that some of you are thinking, get your heads out of the gutter! :angry: J/K :joy: ) But no, we love watching TV shows together and there's a couple we need to catch up on. 👍 And we like to go out places and he likes to take me to the gun range and stuff like that. :blush: (I love that sometimes I'm a better shot than he is. :smirk: ) And of course when daddy's home it's fun to take daughter out to do fun things together as a family as well. <3

So anyway,

At this point I'm not sure exactly when I want to roll out my Christmas story now. 🤔 I could stay on schedule for Dec. 2nd, but I'm getting peer pressure to release it earlier. :p (Yeah you folks know who you are. :smirk:;):kissing_heart: ) But truthfully I want to release it earlier as well since it's all is done. Hee hee!

Maaaaybe on Monday. The 25th. :mrgreen:

Stay tuned my friends. You all are awesome and I always appreciate your kindness and support for my stories. <3

Comments and Replies. :)

@GraceyManor You'd be surprised how many things the game fates have thrown out at me and I had to just wing it, especially in Sam Beckett's story. ;)
    I'd say your winging it paid off. That was a beautiful chapter. <3
    (Was her mom not supposed to die?)
    LOVE this picture! :star:
    Screenshot-9.jpg

@Silverofdreams30 Well, with how long a couple of these chapters are, I most likely have to divide them up into a couple of posts. So, in that respect, I might be rolling out more "chapters" a week than I thought. :mrgreen:
    So how many gigabytes of CC do you have in your big CC folder? :p I'm curious. :lol:

@Emily4331 Your ability to create the most unique and realistic looking sims never ceases to amaze me! :star: And you always know how to pose them so perfectly! (Which is an art I am still trying to learn...) Is Mei Zi from a certain game or TV Show? Or is she all your original creation? :blush:
    Cool tats! :lol:
    I can sense some of the guy simmers drooling over her. 🤤

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm anxious for you, and everyone else, to read it. :grin:
    Good advice to take things easy first. 👍

@bekkasan I wish I could transfer your super-ultra-extreme-awesome-amazing park into my Ponyville world! :mrgreen:
    (That's a My Little Pony reference. ;) You probably knew that already though. :lol: )

25632.gif

@king_of_simcity7 New hairstyles are always fun! I have SO many and yet I still find myself downloading more! :mrgreen:
    Because for me a certain hairstyle will always belong to one sim so if I start a new story and try to attempt that same hairstyle on a new character, it just doesn't work. :neutral:
    So I need more styles! :smiley:
    Did you get them from the Store or somewhere online?
    I posted a small comment in your story thread. :)

Happy Simming! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Thank you! :3

@bekkasan Hehe, Thank you! She does look a bit cranky. I wouldn't want to stand up to her, either, I'm too much of a wuss. :tongue:

@Silverofdreams30 Now the forums aren't notifying me of your tags, either! :cry: Rude! :lol: Anyway, thank you! :heart:

@emorrill Awww thank you! :3 I've always had a bit of a photographer's eye, which I guess helps with posing. I think it's important to not just focus on the sim, but on their surroundings. Lighting makes such a huge difference, as does camera position. :smiley: She isn't from anything, just an original sim by me. The fact that you think she is from a game or tv show makes me happy, though. :3
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

@emorrill

It is only 8.25 GB so not huge haha but its enough for my game
    to be working well.

@Emily4331

I got your tag lol
    @Silverofdreams30 At least the forums are kind to one of us. :tongue:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @meerkattime The site doesn't notify me of your tags, either! :lol: What the heck. Anyway, thank you! :heart: I really like that picture too. Something about how the light shines on her tattoo sleeve is just so aesthetically pleasing. :lol:
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @meerkattime Thanks for the comment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Trying some new hairstyles out with an unnamed Sim :smile:

72158209_10156746713766497_4947191164030681088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQlCMxvd-v9A37jxBmJmPI9tiQWfQ0jkYQnaGwDDv2JFcEadjX5xaEi5r9v4mCg42NgEY8zuumJ8-B41fZM-o1Qd&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=869a22e2431676eed9efa50a4eebcb62&oe=5E3EC1CF

75588090_10156746713781497_8459312606325243904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQnHh307YDsTtwt7Bwxy3AKbBi-A7QB32DrSaKbdA69nVSRzWpaiZgGodisuuVjB4gbb3Uxm5r4YrMUBtR9Hasuv&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=40e797a1ff50b8584a999179b69aec80&oe=5E4FC63A

76706900_10156746713971497_1400644051325157376_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkNrN0PNU5Ow0qTJ2AbyZKynsEqRhKcUytucizZ_SyYinFpRvJ4v27i0oNtfTyNHLtb0Qi0vzOBU7-NFf-znMD8&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=7cff8a91a376ac4e3eab92d87a3da1b1&oe=5E7EAE07

74789177_10156746713986497_3428311881431908352_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlXdlMYBJihmiSaqwejQYmJIK5l1OmjI8kVTbJv5hviFSldL92Iw76xFc8KndnqvHj8ZQO5Hagv65Sw2Pi68WOw&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=f7625c801e77fd04d34612403e7ca96c&oe=5E883EB7

75497651_10156746714251497_8566404231416774656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmxwOVDkFzJ3l8-KwNDqWy1BI-OLjpZ_c6Nqtzdlc9dvPA5tu3gwjCSYEzhnlwa2xP3IB1fl7Whjthdz6sN1OI7&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=5791ec2a0704e61600c8627ebd6efdb1&oe=5E880D36

77305785_10156746714271497_8188551721887203328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkruo4fbunMZD4zH0_zg1189tuUw0se6NElZJAQ4Bgcv_OGpyDKdFJgK8c1S1_eR5QJ6ruyItkm2ovqQWRaWZ-W&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=a1db900bf2947cfe1010fad934832bda&oe=5E82D3DD
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Silverofdreams30
    Looks like they had a fun party.

@emorrill
    Thanks for the tidbits on the CC! =)
    I wasn't expecting the mother to die, she went to work all happy and healthy.
    Then I saw that she left work early and I zoomed over and was like "Oh no! She's expired."
    And then I had to wing it with a random, unplanned chapter.XD

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Thanks for providing the info on cleaning up cache
    and the link.I'll give that a go and see if it helps.

@bekkasan
    I hope they can stop fighting as well.
    Yup, the loss came at a complete shock.
    Your park looks beautiful.The world looks
    vaguely familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

@meerkattime
    Yeah, it was totally unplanned,
    and Catarina wasn't ready for it.:(

I don't always get people's tags either.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @GraceyManor, yeah those 100% CPU errors are real fun to diagnose. Had to do it several times. The 100% hard disc errors are even more fun.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Exactly.I tried the link but I still get 100% CPU useage only when I use Sims for some reason.XD
    Screenshot.jpg
    "I can't believe your taking me club hopping Deanna." Catarina sighed as she watched the trees roll
    by."It will be fun! Plus a lot of cute guys go here." Deanna responded."Hmm, well okay.I am kind of tired
    of being alone." "That's the spirit.It will do us some good to get out."

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Not many folks at the dance club, so the girls decided to start the dancing themselves.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    "Hey! Cat, I think that fella over there is eyeing you.You should dance with him."
    "Maybe I will."

Screenshot-5.jpg
    "You're kind of pretty.What's your name?" The gentleman asked as they danced away."Catarina!!" She yelled.
    "I'm CHRISTOPHER!!!!" he yelled back."Can I give you my number?' He asked."Sure! Can I give you mine?" "Absolutely."

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Poor Deanna feels like a 3rd wheel now.XD

Screenshot-8.jpg
    "I can't believe you met a guy and I got nobody." Deanna laughed.
    "Hey, what can I say?! Mom's charm is rubbing off." Both the girls laughed.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    "Tom, what are you doing here? Its pretty late." Catarina rubbed her eyes, she was just getting ready for bed.
    "I stopped by a little while ago, to see if you wanted to take another stroll, but you weren't home." "Oh yeah, my sister
    and I went clubbing.She's trying to fix me up." His interest was peaked."Oh, I see.Did you meet anyone?" "I danced with a guy named
    Christopher.He seemed pretty cool." "Oh...I guess I should let you get some sleep."

Screenshot-11.jpg
    "Night, Catarina."...
    Hi. :smile:

I recently learned of this adorable Thai girl group called "Honey Toast." They have a song about cats. :lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-5B4dO_1vI

So I was like, "They're adorable and I love cats; therefore, I love them."

And then I was like, "I should make them in TS3."

And here we are. :tongue: Anyway blah blah blah as with most of my based on real people sims, I will tweak them until I'm dead so think of these sims as like Version 1. :lol:

First off, we have Alexis. That is, of course, her stage name. Spelled อเล็กซิส in Thai. Her real name is ณัฐรินทร์ ดุลยพลสิทธิ์ , Thai is kind of weird to romanize, but it's basically Nattharin Dulyapolsit. So, I know how to say that but I don't know the International Phonetic Alphabet, so I don't know how to relay how to say it without speaking it to you. :lol: So, ya know, if you wanna know just plug her name in Thai into Google Translate or something and let the Thai robot read it to you. :tongue:

Anyway, here's Alexis in current form. I already see a few things I want to tweak, but I still think she turned out decently well. :3
    oMYde0P.png

zlNYvKd.png

K1LNiQO.png

k29b9to.png

c7XPmek.png

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member

@GraceyManor

The girls seemed to have fun out dancing,
    ah the first guy still seem to have interest in her I hope
    she will realize it sooner or later.

@Emily4331

Great looking sim, you are great at
    recreating real life people.

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Hope you have a great week with hubby home. :smiley:
    Yes, I'm ready for the story to start, enough teasing! :wink::grin::tongue: That's what happens when you tell us you have the story done, then the pictures done, then the touching up done. I think our appetites are whetted and we are ready to read it. :kissing_heart: (start when you are ready...I'm teasing)
    Yes, I figured you wanted it for your Ponyville. :smiley: I'll look at it and see if I put any cc in it. Can't remember. Store stuff yes.

@meerkattime Thank you! :smiley: I hope you are doing well and getting some play time in. :grin:

@king_of_simcity7 Both hairstyles look great.

@GraceyManor Thanks for the comment on the park. The world is Pixie Gardens. It is small, but mostly empty and that is what I wanted for my fairy realm. It has taken a bit of time to get it ready for the Royal Family to live in it and for Nickolas to visit.
    When I was getting the 100% CPU was after hubby upgraded the laptop to win10. That was when I had to take out Pets and Seasons, and a bunch of the extra store stuff that I didn't use that much anyway, and it settled back down after that. I never run anything else when playing the game. I disabled all the background programs that was safe to disable.
    Glad to see the sisters doing something together and having fun.
    Nice looking guy, he sure moved fast on the phone numbers! :grin:
    That was nice that Tom came by, he sure looks disappointed! Poor Tom!

@Emily4331 What a cute group of cats! They are adorable and couldn't understand a word they sang but enjoyed watching them anyways. I rather imagine quite a few guys and girls feel the same way. :lol:
    Your sim Alexis is very pretty. I love the diamond ears!

One of the small homes I placed in the Fairy Realm. This one was built by @JennaIsGhost. lol...next time I'm back in the game I will move the trash can out of the front of the house.
    49068877076_2d6c1b557f_b.jpg
    @bekkasan
    That guy is a random townie to.XD
    Your world is looking nice! love the house.
    edited November 2019
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Emily4331 , Alexis is stunning! I especially like the second picture from the top. Her expression is so lifelike it's hard to believe she's just a sim!
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you :3

@bekkasan Next time, turn on closed captions! Most Thai music videos, I've noticed, have English subtitles. :smile: I think so, too. I mean, K-pop is really popular and I love some K-pop music...I also don't understand most words. :lol: Thank you! :3 That house looks cozy. I wanna live there. How much are the fairies asking for it? :tongue:

@meerkattime Hehe I'm glad you like the song and my sim! :3 I have been singing it in my head nonstop since I first heard it. :lol: And I may have sang it out loud to my cat, Daisy, a few times. :tongue: I'm sure she loved it.

@PalmArrow Thank you! :heart: I agree! And that isn't a pose or anything, which probably lends to the realism aspect. But I think it's hit or miss whether a sim smiles cute or smiles creepy and I'm glad she ended up having a cute smile. :lol:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Replies and Comments. :)

On the subject of tags: I get some from all of you and then other times I don't. :( They really need to fix the Notifications on this forum already! :angry:

@Emily4331 Oh my goodness lighting is KEY I'm discovering when staging sims in pictures! I've taken those little, angled outdoor lights and pointed them in the direction of the sim to light up their face better in some of these pics I've taken for my Christmas story. #learning :blush:
    You're very welcome. <3
    ----
    Oh my gosh Alexis is gorgeous! :astonished: I don't know how you do it, but you nailed her! :star: (Ok that sounds weird, but you know what I mean. :joy: ) She's one of the prettiest Asian sims I have ever seen, not kidding, and I'm sitting here thinking where's Craven? He needs to see her! :mrgreen: He would surely be impressed!
    I love the diamond cat ear headband. :blush: I saw that on some sims when I was looking for poses. :)

@meerkattime 4 days...why does it seem like it's going so slow?? :( Part of me wants it to go by fast so I can post the story, but another part of me remembers that hubby has to go back to work in 6 days so I don't want it to rush by too quickly. :disappointed:
    Hope you're having a great morning/evening. <3

@king_of_simcity7 Pretty new hairstyles. :)

@GraceyManor You're welcome. :blush:
    I plan on seeing Last Christmas today since this is the last day it's in theaters. ;) I might see if I can get a couple of my gal pals to come with me. It's a nice opportunity to get out of the house, away from our kids, and get a break! :lol:<3
    So bekkasan informed me that Taylor Swift did a remake of that song and I just listened to it. Nope! :grimace: Wham! version all the way!!!
    Sorry Catarina's mom died unexpectedly like that. :( Are you playing the story on a short lifespan? I always turn aging off for my stories. :p
    ----
    What a cute chapter. :) The sisters getting together and having fun. <3
    Yeah that Christopher thought she was totally hot and didn't want to waste ANY time! :lol: (I could totally picture them shouting over the music like that to hear each other. :p )
    Aww, Tom wanted to take another stroll with her again. <3
    He looks so sad and dejected in that last picture. :cry: Poor guy! But that means you gotta up your game Tom! :grin:;)

@bekkasan
    Yes, I'm ready for the story to start, enough teasing! :wink::grin::tongue: That's what happens when you tell us you have the story done, then the pictures done, then the touching up done. I think our appetites are whetted and we are ready to read it. :kissing_heart: (start when you are ready...I'm teasing)
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen: I know...
    I'm not meaning to tease. ;)
    I know you're teasing. :kissing_heart: And it gave me a chuckle. :blush: I really am super super anxious to get it rolled out though! I'm having a hard time even waiting 4 days myself! :grimace:
    Right now I'm writing down on the paper copy of it where I want to insert the pictures and then I found some typos along the way and areas that need rewording. I'll get to those when I post. ;)
    That house is adorable. <3 Gotta love the sideways mailbox and trash can right next to hit when you place a house down. :lol: I usually promptly move the trash cans too and have the lid of the mailbox facing the street!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    From the life of my Glendonnach household:

Winter McWhiskers begging Stuart for food:
    J5pyTfd.jpg

Closeup of Winter: <3
    NWjJ536.jpg

Tamsin dealing with a medical emergency at work:
    MpHSaQ0.jpg

When her work hours were over she got promoted.
    HNgAG5c.jpg

Meanwhile, Stuart taught Thomas to walk.
    9nT5oNh.jpg

Tamsin gave Thomas a bath before bedtime.
    ruaLM1P.jpg

YWfqgyT.jpg
    edited November 2019
    @emorrill Oh my god, I got your tag! :lol: It's a miracle. The site fixed you, but broke everyone else. :lol: I use angled lights, too, though mine are CC ones that are invisible in live mode so they don't get caught in the final pic. I also like to play around with light placement and color to create dynamic shadows and things. :smile: Awww thank you! :3 I'd like to think I have a knack for making Asian sims. :lol: As weird as that sounds. :tongue: LOL right? Where has Craven disappeared to? I'm sure he's fine, but I miss him. :( I need myself a diamond cat headband in real life. :lol: Speaking of looking for poses, I need to do that. I have a large amount of model-esque poses, and not enough cute ones for my cute sims.

@PalmArrow Ohhh I love Winter McWhiskers. Chonky kitties are best kitties. :3 Oh that first picture of Thomas being placed in the bath is cute at first glance...then you notice his lower body is gone. :fearful::lol:
    Oh, and in my Stardew Valley game, my character got married to Elliot! :)

NLDQ6Oz.png

@Emily4331 , LOL, yes, I forgot to comment on the middle part of Thomas' body disappearing! :smiley:

@emorrill , I would prefer it if you kept teasing us with pretty wintery screenshots, but saved the story for December! (And I forgot if I said that before or not, but the snow and frost are so gorgeous in your game! I may have to start using that mod too.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top