Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @emorrill it's beautiful so far, I am so excited about it ! <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Being homeless for a week sure makes one lonely; and stinky.
    Catarina managed to find a community shower; she freshened herself up
    and marched on; trying to avoid eye contact with everyone and anyone.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Though she was a loner; Catarina was quite talented in art and music.
    However, she had giving all her hobbies up when her boyfriend of 5 years
    broke up with her three months ago."Hmm, well maybe just one doodle won't hurt."
    She plopped herself down in the middle of the boardwalk and began to doodle away.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    "That looks nice." A voice blurted out from behind her, nearly causing her to drop
    all her art supplies.She manged to get herself together and stood up.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    "Sweet Christmas! You scared me." She shouted at the young man who was
    trying to spark a conversation with her."Best reaction ever!" He laughed."I don't
    see what's so funny.You could kill someone like that!" "Hmm, death by a compliment? That's a new
    one." He responded sarcastically.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    "Do you always sneak up on girls? Or is this a new hobby" She asked as she picked up
    the spilled art supplies that had rolled all over the ground."Only when I see a random girl
    sitting in the middle of a walk way by herself." "Well" Catarina said; "I enjoy being by myself.
    "Now if you'll excuse me."

Screenshot-13.jpg
    "Where are you headed?" He asked."Maybe we're going the same way." Catarina rolled her eyes.
    "Probably not.I'm a drifter, I go by my....-splat---" She looked down at her shoe, realizing she had stepped
    in dog poo."Oh gross!" The young man laughed."Sure, laugh.I'm glad you find this funny.Now I have to go clean up."
    "I'm sorry, let me help you..." "No, you helped enough.Good bye."

Screenshot-14.jpg
    The young man watched as she walked away.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    And I just had to share this photo, I think its cute LOL
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @coco there is a lot of mail that goes astray. I once went through a period of about 5 or more years here when I go all of my bills delivered about 2 or more weeks after the pay by date. I had to keep a list of all of the different places and ring them about when I thought a bill ought to be delivered to find out how much I owed or else pay the penalty for late payment because apparently it was my fault the post office had a bug in their system that sent all mail for my postcode to the wrong end of the state where it got resorted and returned. I never worked out how it could take a month for them to turn it around.

Then when I was sending parcels of new clothes to my son while he was at uni I used to insist in registering it due to all mail that went missing. One frustrated postal employee actually told me to use the postal service only if you're sending something that can be replaced. Otherwise use some other way of sending it. That was about 20 years ago but I still hold to that principle.

I was surprised by the hair Oscar got too. But I'd been thinking of what hair to give him and couldn't make up my mind. I thought that hair suited him so decided to let him keep it for now. He might get a make over at some point.

His lifetime wish will be Rock Star. I gave him a guitar for his birthday.

This is the picture I'm going to use to make his first thumbnail.

Screenshot-488.jpg

I think the t-shirt is one of the t-shirts that came with Supernatural. There was some gift or something for buying it from Origin. I think it might have been part of that. It's a zombie. Unless I'm greatly mistaken. I just checked my purchase history. It doesn't say why I got it, but it was free and includes 3 different t-shirts and a poster. It's called Plants vs. Zombies Fan Pack. One of the t-shirts has the dancing sunflower from the Greenhouse set.

The shirts and poster are from the store.

Plants-Vs-Zombies-Pack-Info.jpg

I have no idea if they are still available or not.

When I saw Gaylord making off with the whole cake I was thinking exactly that - "no one other than Oscar is getting cake". Once I got over the shock I did smile a bit. Never seen it happen before. I got it on video so it'll be in the video when I post it.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @coco I always look forward to your comments (as well as a few others) because I know they will be long, sincere, and will fill my heart with joy and sometimes humor. :blush:<3
    I liked your *rubs hands together* comment. :mrgreen:
    Yup that first scene was a shout out to hard working postal workers everywhere. :blush: They don't get recognized enough. <3
    I'm smiling because I can already see the importance of young Maureen (or should I say Maureen Young hehe)
    ^Nice one. :p
    I'd love to take credit for the roof set up, but someone else created it on MTS. I only added different roof tiles and some of the roof decorations. :) (Or is that what you were referring to all along? :lol: )
    Nah, the boyfriend from Estonia never shows up or is mentioned further in the story. ;) I just threw that in there to illustrate that she'd been in a serious relationship before and possibly got burned from it... :( I used a guy from Estonia because we had one appear at our door trying to sell us some educational books. He was a charm and I loved his accent! :blush:
    It would be so cool to find an old unopened letter!
    ^Oh my gosh wouldn't it!? :grin:
    51 years must be some kind of record for lost mail haha.
    ^Ha ha! For sure! :lol: (Although as the Sender I would be pis'sed! :angry::p )
    Yeah the soldier whose love letter I took words from wrote the "silver dollar moon." I loved it!
    So now I'm wondering if Maureen really loved Stanley at all because something doesn't add up.
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
    Thank you sweetie. :kissing_heart: I'm so glad you're loving it! All these comments have been making my day! I just can't WAIT to roll out the next chapter!

@Pary
    emorrill it's beautiful so far, I am so excited about it ! <3
    ^Oh Yay! I am so happy! :blush: Thank you. :kissing_heart:

@GraceyManor So, are you starting your Christmas story over? Love Tom's shirt...at least...I think that's Tom. ;):p

@Karritz Yay for Oscar! :) I like his Plants vs Zombies shirt. ;) Oh and then you mention it. :lol:
    Yes they were from the Store and no I don't think they are available anymore. :( I was glad I got them when I did.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited November 2019
    @emorrill I had to restart.My sims 3 folder completely vanished and my backup folders were corrupted.
    I had almost given up on writing my story. :o

It is Tom.I just decided to completely redo him.

5dc6f03c79d75744ad585d72.png
    I used him as inspiration.

75491735_430154827908775_6666373968829612032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=L25Z3RfDvxsAQk9QI2DWzdlvNqpfAT9Yrbv1e9JJ4Vmp1Qt1V-BU2xihw&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=7694c9d895eac09211f0f3041b4c92c1&oe=5E89F01C
    @GraceyManor I see.

You did a good job recreating him to look like Tom in the movie. 👍
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member

@coco

I moved back to my main folder it was a bit confusing using two
    folders and must fo moved the earlier save from the one I deleted.

@GraceyManor

Tom is cute, you did a great job creating him using
    a photo.

I give more comments later heading out a bit today.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited November 2019
    @coco I always have lag in my homeworld, but in that case, I had freezes going on for 10 seconds and longer. I had edited the game files that were replaced on that day the trial started for me (I checked the dates) so Sims3 would recognize my video card and not ignore my settings, changes to the pathfinding, CPU use priorities, shader fixes, etc., the usual stuff. Not sure what of that is needed specifically, but my game runs better with those changes.
    Not to badger you, but I had a badger video as response to your badger question, in an answer you probably missed.

@Emily4331 What is more romantic than a patch of asphalt and the gasoline smell from still warm vehicles :lol: . Thanks for the comment.

@meerkattime I think I've seen that Yates/Bates family already, but in your pic, the contrast was put to a great use. Many of the residents of that town have unusual visuals, also regarding their skin colors.

@bekkasan I have to admit that I ignore sims in labor, as long as it isn't my own sims. They will go to the hospital eventually, and if you "take them there", they will be driving, anyway. I did this when I started to play, but the complete lack of feedback from the woman you help made me come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter if I help. It's still amusing though :smile: .
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your fairy realm. The castle already looks promising.

@emorril There it is, and it is a great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Let's see whether the sender ist still alive (I'm still in the dark regarding the storyline, as I didn't read Pary's synopsis). Or their grandson.

@karritz Great seeing Oscar finally grow up. That must be an important day for your series. Oh, and welcome to the "save once and quit" club.
    The Plants vs. Zombies fan pack is still available for free here.

Random game shot:
    The kids taking in the fantastic views and the cultural heritage at one of the prominent places in Shang Simla (or, in the words of one my Irish friends, "Oh, another bloody monument!")
    SrUdf4z.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    @bekkasan @coco @emorrill Thank you. I will try and find some time to play tomorrow or Thursday.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    @turjan Sorry! I missed that video by accident. Oh my gosh they are adorable. I love the white stripes on their faces. Thanks for showing me that, it really brightened up my night :smile:

I just wanted to post this before I go to bed. I was bored so I created another sim. He's a bit plain but I still like him :smile:
    TS3-W-2019-11-26-21-58-55-12-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-11-26-22-00-44-19-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-11-26-22-09-26-44-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-11-26-22-03-28-67-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-11-26-22-10-00-92-2.png
    TS3-W-2019-11-26-22-12-17-52-2.png
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @emorrill, the beginning of your story is wonderful and I can't wait for Maureen to start investigating this mystery. And I love her cute little cottage, and the picture of the autumn trees!
    edited November 2019
    More comments

@emorrill

You are welcome it is a beautiful
    start to the story.

@coco

<3<3<3

He is adorable and I hardly ever uses glasses in my
    game cause the ones that came with it are so ugly.

@bekkasan

They seemed to have fun gaming, my sims kinda get obsessed
    with it like I am myself lol.

@meerkattime

I'm not sure where I found her pants, it might be
    Lorandia Sims.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @coco , I don't think your sim is plain at all! I think he is very cute. In some of the pictures he looks a bit smug, in others he seems sweet and shy, but that's probably due to the poses.
    Screenshot-8.jpg

@GraceyManor , this is such a pretty screenshot! Catarina's bright top in contrast with the grey sea and sky.
    Morning/evening everyone. :)

Well, daughter is home sick today once again. :pensive: This nasty, non-stop cough she's had since Sunday refuses to go away no matter what! :confounded: Cough syrup hasn't worked worth a darn! And neither did the cough drops. Then it dawned on me... "You have essential oils EM, USE them!" *light bulb*
    I always forget my stash of DoTerra essential oils, mostly because I'm not a die hard user/believer in them like some people are (and there's nothing wrong with that), but it would seem I have kept them around for cases such as this - where regular medicine doesn't seem to be working...
    My baby was feeling miserable and I was feeling desperate to offer her some relief so I searched online for oils that help with coughs and congestion and the only oil I had that fell under those options was Peppermint. (I do have Frankincense, but that stuff kinda stinks and let's just say daughter didn't like the smell. :p ) So I rubbed Peppermint on her chest and then put the "On Guard" oil on the bottoms of her feet to help boost her immune system.
    Somewhat surprisingly to me, (I've seen instant relief with them before) within a couple of minutes her cough went from non-stop to just random coughs. :star:
    There is indeed a need for modern and natural medicine in our world today. 👍

I don't know why I felt like sharing that. :lol: I think it's because I'm a happy mom right now that I was finally able to give relief to my baby. <3 (I should really stop calling her my baby since she's almost 9 years old, she hates it when I do :p , but...they grow up so fast and...I still want to call her my baby. She always will be. <3 )

Anyway, comments time. :blush:

@Turjan Glad you enjoyed reading the first chapter of my story. :)
    Let's see whether the sender is still alive (I'm still in the dark regarding the storyline, as I didn't read Pary's synopsis). Or their grandson.
    ^Hmm...I'd love to say you may be on to something here...but you'll just have to wait and see. :mrgreen:
    It's all good. You wouldn't have seen Pary's storyline because she only revealed it to me in a PM. :blush:
    Thanks for commenting and reading. :)

@coco Oh my goodness. :open_mouth: Hottie alert! :love:

TS3-W-2019-11-26-22-00-44-19-2.png

Those glasses do suit him well and...he makes me think of a sexier Harry Potter. :p

Lovely job on him. <3 The name Cory totally suits him!

@PalmArrow
    emorrill, the beginning of your story is wonderful and I can't wait for Maureen to start investigating this mystery. And I love her cute little cottage, and the picture of the autumn trees!
    ^Thank you sweet lady. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

***Chapter 2 is coming tomorrow!***

I wanted to roll it out before Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Here is a small update

[img][/img]rHA8e27.jpg

Pamela decided to have a small house party to celebrate she arrived back
    in town.

[img][/img]eC2AIa9.jpg

They had a meal

[img][/img]F3qyQvj.jpg

And socializing went on.

[img][/img]M85ftAu.jpg

Sharing funny cat videos.

[img][/img]DBN3lDC.jpg

That Asala masa curry was hot as fire.

[img][/img]8Vnw8tg.jpg

These two did not hit it on.

[img][/img]yqbIOPv.jpg

[img][/img]tJunyln.jpg

LOL poor townie.

Gemma and Evangeline went skating at the Winter Festival.

9gnuKJW.jpg

Z50IWh4.jpg

8m2U60M.jpg

Gemma also wished to learn the fishing skill, so she went to the grocery store to take a class. Evangeline waited for her at the little outdoor café I had added to Mirabella Plaza. A townie was making a snow angel.

sA1eEPT.jpg

Other townies were ordering coffee from the barista bar. I was glad to see that, because I wan't sure inactive sims could order food from one at all!

6djW8sD.jpg

When Evangeline and Gemma returned home, they went for a joyride on the couch.

Pt8CpC5.jpg

ykx2V8y.jpg

George painted this painting of a father and child fishing, which I had never seen before! I like it.

hY0z1KN.jpg

The family had leftover birthday cake for supper, and then went to sleep. Tomorrow is another birthday - Marcel is going to become a toddler!

iiJGfPw.jpg
    @Silverofdreams30 , looks like a fun party! I love sims' reactions to hot food! :smiley:
    @Turjan , I love how the kids are all looking at their tablets instead of the beautiful scenery! :smiley:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    @Turjan thanks. I'm often in the 'Save Once and Quit' club. I tend to be over ambitious with what my game can handle. Planting a heap of seeds in my garden seems to have pushed it a bit too far. The issue is improving as the plants become barren and are removed. Also, it's Autumn in game now and I'm thinking of shortening the Autumn, Winter and Spring seasons due to this issue. Alreay have Winter set to 14 days. Might set Autumn and Spring to 14 days and Winter to 7 days.

@meerkattime thank you. He still hasn't got his lifetime wish. But he did get Flirty as his new trait so I suspect he's going to start being the Oscar I knew before I aged him down to do this series of videos on him. In other words, I have a feeling the fun I know Oscar can get up to is about to start. His final trait will be Hopeless Romantic. The traits he has as a teen are: Flirty, Party Animal, Artistic and Easily Impressed.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    The Way of Life
    Chapter Ten
    Lǎohǔ Zǒu Sēnlín (Tiger Walks Forest) Part II

Haruo went a little easy on Bebe Hart seeing the fear in her eyes at facing a black belt. But he didn't go too easy on her. After all, if this fight was for real, she wouldn't be getting a break.
    Screenshot-782.jpgScreenshot-784.jpg She started getting braver on the attack in the latter part of the match and Haruo decided to let her know that even so, he was still able to teach her a few things that she didn't know yet.
    Screenshot-808.jpgScreenshot-809.jpgScreenshot-810.jpg The next opponent was Autumn and she came out firing on all cylinders. She actually managed to give Haruo a pretty rough time but none of the blows counted as Haruo was able to redirect most of them or block them entirely.
    Screenshot-814.jpgScreenshot-826.jpgScreenshot-838.jpgScreenshot-840.jpg Holly on the other hand wasn't as sure of herself as Autumn and came out tentatively and Haruo compensated by going a bit easy on her, but like Bebe, she warmed up to it and then gave Haruo just about as much as he could handle. For a green belt, Haruo was pretty heartened to see that she had the fire in her to challenge a black belt.
    Screenshot-895.jpgScreenshot-900.jpgScreenshot-911.jpg He made sure that she was aware of the good things that she did on the mat and where her weak points were so that she could work on them. That was the way that the martial artists were able to improve their technique. The Sifu's job was to make sure that any student was able to correct anything that they were doing wrong and to gently guide them along their way to their blackbelt. In fact the very word 師傅 (師) si meant teacher and (傅)fu meant father.
    Screenshot-920.jpgScreenshot-922.jpg From there, the class went into a full-on contact sparring match with River to the side watching alongside Sifu Haruo.

Phil of course wanted to learn a bit of "sparring with weapons" so he brought in his M-16A3 (unloaded of course) and worked up a sweat inside his environment suit.
    Screenshot-1023.jpgScreenshot-1000.jpg Of course, after that...individual instruction with River watching one of the pairs of sparring students and Haruo watching the other two, all that was left was the talk to end off the practice session.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited November 2019
    Will type out comments in a little bit.

amended: 1960hrs PST.

Page 3733
    @PalmArrow - Congratulations on Marisella’s baby
    I love that snow mod, I’m going to have to track it down and install it on my game (when I can get my computer fixed)
    I wish there was a mod or an NRAAS setting to get rid of Royal Court.
    Wonderful Christmas (Snowflake Day) decorations.
    I love the Glendonach world and having English and Scottish breed dogs are fitting for the storyline for the other story (Tamsin & Stuart) (since you’re playing Marisella’s story right now)
    What an absolutely wonderful Christmas party. It captures the spirit of the season.
    @bekkasan - River and Haruo love sparring and well the rest of the bunker crew need to get their martial arts training up so that when they do surface they will have to survive against all the ferals that they’ll have to face in a post-apocalyptic world.

Page 3734
    @DillynJames - Jessica is gorgeous.
    @GraceyManor - Lovely look-back at Catarina as a child and her Christmas
    @meerkattime - awesome looking house. I love the spooky ambiance.
    @Turjan - interesting save
    @PalmArrow - that looks like a really awesome family tree for the family you’re playing.
    @king_of_simcity7 - great update
    @PalmArrow -congratulations to Gemma on her birthday
    @DillynJames - Ophera has striking features.
    @Emily4331 - yeah they do, don’t they? :mrgreen:
    @GraceyManor - suspect there’s been a lot of sibling rivalry between the two. A lot of animosity and one up-man-ship between Deanna and Catarina.
    @coco -hope your vacation went well.

Page 3735
    @PalmArrow - you did a fantastic job in making those vendors into nice -looking sims.
    @bekkasan - The Royal Family has one BIG TV. :mrgreen:
    @Karritz - That COPPA thing is quite scary, isn’t it?
    @Silverofdreams30 - great update
    @emorrill - you are one awesome author. You know how to write a story that tugs at the heartstrings. When I think I’ve read the best out of you, here you go and kick it up yet another notch; BRAVO. I’m so looking forward to the second chapter.
    Oh, what a heartbreaking moment for Maureen to get a letter addressed to her Gram that came just a little too late.
    And your screen-caps fit this story so well.
    @Sleepstar - Hope you feel better soon
    @Gamer44251 - take care of yourself, hope that you feel better quickly.
    @king_of_simcity7 - great update
    @DarkAngel1994 - Moonlight Falls is gorgeous in the wintertime. The signature pic you use is absolutely gorgeous. Winter night, large moon, stunning.

Page 3736
    @GraceyManor - it doesn’t get any easier for Catarina, does it?
    @coco - awesome looking sim.
    @emorrill - I hope your daughter feels better soon.
    @Silverofdreams30 - boy that short haired brunette female sim sure doesn’t look happy at all.
    @PalmArrow - looks like Gemma and Evangeline had a good time at the Winter Festival. Love the skating pics. Hopefully they didn’t fall too much.

I’ve given out Likes and Awesomes.

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Does anyone have a mod that lets you add custom lot sizes? Velocity's add any lot size isn't working anymore
  • cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    @carlystur03 I've had the field trips glitch out for me before. I can't remember exactly but I think it prevented my sims from going to school indefinitely since it thought that they were still on the field trip. I hope your issue is fixed now :smile:
    @GraceyManor I have that hair in my game, it's really cute and 'kooky' :smile: Being homeless must be incredibly difficult. At least Cat has some fresh clothes to wear. I seriously hate people watching what I'm doing behind my back. This guy is awfully friendly. I think I would have tried to get away also. Those birds are just targeting Cat now haha.
    I want to see Last Christmas soooo bad but I have no one to go with :cry:
    The only one I know of is by Velocity. I haven't tried it in ages but I remember it working fine for me
    @karritz That sounds like typical Australia Post. It always takes an extra day to get to me in Adelaide than they estimate. Have you thought of getting your bills sent digitally just so you can keep track? I like the new thumbnail picture a lot. Thanks for the info about the shirt. I never got that Plants vs Zombies pack, probably because I never purchased the games from Origin.
    @emorrill Ah I was just referring to the whole house in general but I do like all the decorations you added. Estonia just struck out as an unusual detail to me haha. I don't think I could even point to Estonia on a map (I didn't study Geography in school though) :lol:
    Oh no poor L! You're such a super Mom Em :smile: I wouldn't have thought essential oils either because I hear a lot about people who are lets say a little crazy about it. It's a wonder that it worked so fast. I actually had really bad neck and back pain a few days ago. I must have slept funny and I pretty much couldn't walk around. I spent all Saturday in bed and the day after I still didn't feel better. I got some essential oil to rub on my neck, shoulders and back. The next morning I felt 50% better and now there's no pain at all :grin:
    Haha I thought the same thing, sexy Harry Potter! :lol: Thank you very much for the compliment :smile:
    @Silverofdreams30 Aw thanks. I ended up using those glasses because I had never tried them before. I have some slimmer square frame ones that I love but these ones make him look more cheeky and playful I think :smile:
    Lots of funny faces at the party. Those two sims talking look a bit awkward. I think there's a chance of the fire from the curry lighting up the table, I'm glad that didn't happen to you :wink:
    @meerkattime Thanks so much. I do love a bit of clutter in my backgrounds. The inspiration this time was from the word 'junk' :lol:
    @PalmArrow I took another look at the pictures and you're right. I imagine he's the type of person that is very smart and a little bit devious but uses his innocent looks and charm to deceive :smile:
    Brave girls - ice skating terrifies me! I love that little coffee shop you added to the plaza. The townie looks like she's having a good time. I remember you saying that you were unsure if townies would order drinks. I'm glad that they are! Such cute expressions from the joy ride. Is that painting from the game or a mod? I have never seen it before either but it's beautiful. How exciting with another birthday on the way :smile:
    @Nikkei_Simmer I love that River cheered them on. Autumn is a bit of a firecracker! She almost got through Haruo's defence. Holly seems very sweet but I like that she also has a fire within her. Good thinking of Phil to train with the suit on, since that extra weight could make a difference between life and death.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top