Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

EA Help
    The loading screen has been a hot topic for a bit, The games team is reviewing the screen to see what can be done with them. I have sent quite a few pieces of feedback myself from players on them, so they are definitely aware. -Isaac

Just saw this tweet and thought I’d share. Sounds like they are working to fix the bright screen.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I don't like it, and it makes my eyes hurt.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    I wish they would update and add text/hints on the loading screen.
  • Options
    FLINTWNSTEINFLINTWNSTEIN Posts: 4 New Member
    OH GODS, MY EYES!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!?! MAKE IT STOP!!! Who on the mod that puts everything back to normal? I'd gladly donate to that!
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I don't have the new loading screen and all that :(
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The blue loading screen is jarring
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I like the blue it's easier on the eyes when loading than the bright white but not sure I like how I feel about the plumbob though. It seems a little off with the blue background. Maybe a light mint green would have been better. I do like that we can "create our sims story" and we don't have to necessarily have to choose traits and an aspiration based on the story choices we choose in the quiz part. I am not sure if I like the new loaded intro screen. I like that the colours are easier on the eyes. I think that we should have the option for the new version or the old one in our options menu.
    The game has countless bugs and technical issues but it's okay because they've clearly addressed the issue that everyone's been asking them to look at, the look of the main menu and loading screens.

I agree I personally would rather have bugs and technical problems dealt with than a new loading screen or main menu.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    The blue sims title at the top of this forum looks dreadful in my humble opinion. I don't like it at all and to my eyes, it doesn't match with anything. The blue loading screen in the game is far too bright and I dislike it a lot. The icons for the stuff and game packs and expansion looked washed out and difficult to see. I really wish they had not changed it. It doesn't look good in my opinion.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    mika wrote: »

I'm afraid to look. Should it come with a epilepsy seizure warning?
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    edited July 2019
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

I'm afraid to look. Should it come with a epilepsy seizure warning?

I was actually okay - it wasn't 100% brilliant, but I managed using the standard avoidance techniques. If you're particularly seizure-prone, for the initial pre-menu screen, it might be best to give it 10 - 20 seconds until the plumbob stops moving. Then it's not so bad, as the colours, despite being quite saturated, are not highly contrasting as super darks versus lights - the plumbob's depth of green will probably seem odd, however, against the background. The standard loading screen isn't terrible either, but again, the plumbob may be too contrasting with the blue, so if you know you have issue with that, take the time you need to not look at it (this is what I did. I may miss the tips, but that's okay). As with anything of this nature, YMMV, so go gently and in the usual well-lit room.

If it helps at all, the colours are giving me reminders of Sims 2 screens.

Ninja edit: also, all games technically come with that warning, so it's already covered in that respect. Anything we can mention here, however, might be helpful for each other, and Maxis thereafter.
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Echova wrote: »
    I too have ASD and no, glasses will not fix the issues I get from loud colours. I only ever experience these intense migraines with lime green and that god awful hyperlink blue. I’d even go as far to say the majority of people I’ve seen talking about this (here, discord, tumblr and reddit) do not like it either. Why couldn’t they have at least chosen an agreeable colour? Or give us the option to keep the white? Absolutely awful.

Then you are not getting migraine glasses - because they do work. They almost totally eliminate the issue.

https://www.eyedolatryblog.com/2018/01/prescribing-glasses-for-migraines-and.html

I assure you, I have indeed tried migraine glasses. They do not work on me. Like I said, the colours are loud for me. It is sensory overload and it induces anxiety. The anxiety gives me the migraines. I’m not the only one. ASD isn’t uncommon and a large chunk of people with ASD play videogames. Same with other people with sensory issues. Those glasses aren’t a bandaid for everything. It’s not a one size fits all and that’s what I’m getting at. They could have avoided this by choosing a shade of blue that isn’t heinous.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Expected
    render10.png

Reality
    01.jpg
    01.jpg

Photoshop skills - 1000000x
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm not reading through fourteen pages, so I'll just say this. I agree with everyone who thinks EA is fixing what wasn't broken to begin with. In my opinion, nothing was wrong with the design, and they made something wrong with it!

Well, I guess finding new ways to screw a good thing up is a skill...

And I don't think Sims 4 is a bad game at all. But I think the team cares more about it looking good than actually being good (and they ruined even that!).
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I'm not reading through fourteen pages, so I'll just say this. I agree with everyone who thinks EA is fixing what wasn't broken to begin with. In my opinion, nothing was wrong with the design, and they made something wrong with it!

Well, I guess finding new ways to screw a good thing up is a skill...

And I don't think Sims 4 is a bad game at all. But I think the team cares more about it looking good than actually being good (and they ruined even that!).

Omg fellow SM fan <3 sorry for the random post.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    If someone finds a way to get rid of that very bright blue background on main screen and loading screens, please post it. I hope a solution comes fast. I miss the old white normal color.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    Fear not, the new "Branding" folks. Search for this term "the-sims-4-logo-main-menu-override"
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    don't like it either & really don't like the new plumbob !
  • Options
    Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    You know what it reminds me of? The change that was made to Skype, that was *forced* upon us by Skype after having the option not to do so. The change that drove every single person and business I know to stop using Skype and switch to Discord.
    Design wise, this is very similar, 'childish' look and layout.
    It's not going to drive me away, as unlike with Skype there's no other game in town, but I really don't like the change. Unnecessary and badly managed imo.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    its not the i HATE it, it just that it makes it difficult for me to look for certain items in CAS and BUILD/BUY mode. for example, If im looking for a window from island living, I know it has yellow icon and therefore it will pop and make it easy for me to find it WITHOUT having to use the annoying sort by button they have.
    also, they say its to make the game look more futuristic, but they made it look like its the sims 2.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    OMG my new favorite yt simmer posted her thoughts...makes me so happy I was waiting for her input because she delivers like it is!!

https://youtu.be/47qm95whlvA

I liked how she broke down the new redesign choices, and compared with the older games.

And I like the fact she's not biased like others *cough*...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I reserved judgement until it was actually in my game yesterday. I think the loading screen is the only part that really bothers me, even if I prefer the old style in general. The way the plumbob spins with its new look is a bit too mesmerizing. Are they trying to hypnotize us? I played for 10 mins and was suddenly very tired.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Well I do like the new Sims. The rest? I hope EA didn't pay the people who designed it nor the person who approved it.
    It looks both dated and half finished. And hurts my eyes, and I have no conditions.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    RomakiRomaki Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't really mind the layout of the menu, would prefer multiple choices but it's not that important, but the new coverart looks terrible.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I really can't stand that loading screen.
    It makes me not want to play. I was fine with how it was, now I hate how this game is presented to me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds