Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    People. It's blue light that is known to cause problems with migraines. Blue light. Not the color blue itself. Not a blue screen because it's blue. It's a type of light emitted from electronics (and the sun). The screen color has nothing to do with it. That's psychosomatic.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    DyingLight wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :|Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Wow, that's a pretty ignorant comment. I have epilepsy and play video games. There are many different types of epilepsy. Seizures can come in many different forms and can be caused by a number of different causes, depending on the person. Some people are affected by bright, moving lights, while others might have them because of not eating enough food during the day. You can't just make a blanket statement like that about all people with epilepsy :|

I guess there are people with epilepsy who play videogames. Some diabetic people eat sugar, some people with lung cancer smoke, do whatever you want to do if it gives you power. :)

If you have migraines and you want to keep playing videogames, well, then do it. More power to you. Everyone can do whatever they want to do. No one is telling you not to. My point is, it's just a blue screen, what's the big deal???

I don't think you understand my point at all. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is triggered by the same things. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is going to be triggered by video games. It's not comparable to people with lung cancer smoking. Video games DO NOT trigger seizures in everyone with epilepsy. Epilepsy is not just 1 condition, everyone who has it has their own specific limits and boundaries. So, maybe you should stop generalizing..

Also, if a blue screen is causing enough people with or without epilepsy to have seizures, then EA will have to address it. Saying "people with epilepsy shouldn't be playing video games" is ignorant and counter productive

You people complain and whine a lot. Really, IMO the blue screen is beautiful, it is calming and soothing, blue is my fav color. I don't know how Maxis and the devs put up with you guys. I'm not an epilepsy expert, it was just a comment, but you get triggered at anything.

I doubt the devs are experts at migraines, I doubt there are neurologists working for EA. But any game has a warning that they might cause some serious health issues and that if you are prone to having them, you shouldn't play them.

I've been playing videogames for 25 years and I've been part of many gaming communities and the only one in which I have seen people complainig about a single blue screen is this one. :|

Also, forgive for not being an expert about migraines an epilepsy. Too bad for me.

So, in other words what you're saying is: "I don't want to understand other peoples' conditions or illnesses, because what I think is more important! Anyone who disagrees with me must be wrong!"

No, what I'm saying is that a loading screen that barely lasts a few seconds shouldn't be the source of a simmer's health issues/complaints, but you are too triggered to realize that.

Isn't that the loading screen for every time you go to a different lot? And since TS4 is a closed world....

It would just encourage simmers to keep their sims home even more and do everything there. But simmers paid for the whole neighborhood and all its lots. It would be a waste then not to have your sims use those lots.

I wouldn't defend this load screen like you are. It would be better to ask the marketing team to change it. The article I posted, went on to say that green is a healing color. That's something the marketing team can consider, especially since the plumbob is green (but please don't make the load screen monochromatic like this blue screen!!!).
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Lissmels wrote: »
    I'm honestly most upset about the packs, they look so cheap and childish and I'd much rather have the current ones :(

They will be easier to see on console and mobile. You know all this rush to Metro.

https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/emulating-microsofts-metro-design-language--webdesign-8042

So give them the new mess while folks on the PC side keep what we now have.
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :|Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Wow, that's a pretty ignorant comment. I have epilepsy and play video games. There are many different types of epilepsy. Seizures can come in many different forms and can be caused by a number of different causes, depending on the person. Some people are affected by bright, moving lights, while others might have them because of not eating enough food during the day. You can't just make a blanket statement like that about all people with epilepsy :|

I guess there are people with epilepsy who play videogames. Some diabetic people eat sugar, some people with lung cancer smoke, do whatever you want to do if it gives you power. :)

If you have migraines and you want to keep playing videogames, well, then do it. More power to you. Everyone can do whatever they want to do. No one is telling you not to. My point is, it's just a blue screen, what's the big deal???

I don't think you understand my point at all. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is triggered by the same things. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is going to be triggered by video games. It's not comparable to people with lung cancer smoking. Video games DO NOT trigger seizures in everyone with epilepsy. Epilepsy is not just 1 condition, everyone who has it has their own specific limits and boundaries. So, maybe you should stop generalizing..

Also, if a blue screen is causing enough people with or without epilepsy to have seizures, then EA will have to address it. Saying "people with epilepsy shouldn't be playing video games" is ignorant and counter productive

You people complain and whine a lot. Really, IMO the blue screen is beautiful, it is calming and soothing, blue is my fav color. I don't know how Maxis and the devs put up with you guys. I'm not an epilepsy expert, it was just a comment, but you get triggered at anything.

I doubt the devs are experts at migraines, I doubt there are neurologists working for EA. But any game has a warning that they might cause some serious health issues and that if you are prone to having them, you shouldn't play them.

I've been playing videogames for 25 years and I've been part of many gaming communities and the only one in which I have seen people complainig about a single blue screen is this one. :|

Also, forgive for not being an expert about migraines an epilepsy. Too bad for me.

So, in other words what you're saying is: "I don't want to understand other peoples' conditions or illnesses, because what I think is more important! Anyone who disagrees with me must be wrong!"

No, what I'm saying is that a loading screen that barely lasts a few seconds shouldn't be the source of a simmer's health issues/complaints, but you are too triggered to realize that.
    If you have no idea what you’re talking about (and you admit you don’t, which indeed is no shame), maybe you shouldn’t?

Seeing how you people are, maybe I shouldn't. You are extremely sensitive about any opinion.
    I’m not? I fortunately don’t suffer from migraines triggered by this.

If people are extremely sensitive about anything Maxis is doing right now, maybe it's time to let the sims rest in peace. But that is just an opinion, don't get triggered by it. :)

Two months ago a game that I liked and that had several years on the market was cancelled because people didn't stop complaining all the time about petty issues. And I was like, if only people had been nicer and showed more appreciation, maybe it could've had a bright future. But now that it is gone forever I'm like, well, plum like this happens all the time.:disappointed:
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2019
    sorry, double post, I'm having an issue with my cellphone. : :s
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Honestly, I never get migraines or anything like that, but something about the new pack colors and the main menu give me a headache while reading the text and looking at the render images. Blue is a beautiful color, and I honestly wanted blue user interfaces all over TS4, but the shades of blue they chose, and the text colors that complement them, is just bad design.

packs.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I will repeat myself here but needed to say this will the new main menu and new loading screen change the way you play the game the answer is no, you need to see the positive side of this update and that is for players that are into storys you will have the option to decide what your sim story will be when in create a sim. And second as a player there may be some content i nver wanted like ghost or content i will not name in the thread but i have learn to go pass that and aceept the content even if i will never use it, also the positive side of sims4 is you gain content that will never be seen in past sims game unless said content is created as custom content for older sims game, and as for the new box art i find them easyer to read now.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019

If you have no idea what you’re talking about (and you admit you don’t, which indeed is no shame), maybe you shouldn’t?

Seeing how you people are, maybe I shouldn't. You are extremely sensitive about any opinion.

If people are extremely sensitive about anything Maxis is doing right now, maybe it's time to let the sims rest in peace. But that is just an opinion, don't get triggered by it. :)

Two months ago a game that I liked and that had several years on the market was cancelled because people didn't stop complaining all the time about petty issues. And I was like, if only people had been nicer and showed more appreciation, maybe it could've had a bright future. But now that it is gone forever I'm like, well, plum like this happens all the time.:disappointed:
    I have no opinion about that. I do have a feeling many people are frequently disappointed with the game, that could be the people, it could also be the game. What you’re saying here though goes further, you’re telling people with health issues (you don’t have and don’t know anything about) to quit playing this game and stop complaining. While all they want in this case is a colour change (or options). For all we know EA is busy right now making that happen, who knows. Everybody happy.

@Sk8rblaze Oof... it is... quite intense :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    CrownSims wrote: »
    I don't recall anyone asking for this????

I really love your signature pic! You know what would be cool? If we can use our own screenshots in the loading screens!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    People. It's blue light that is known to cause problems with migraines. Blue light. Not the color blue itself. Not a blue screen because it's blue. It's a type of light emitted from electronics (and the sun). The screen color has nothing to do with it. That's psychosomatic.

Your monitor is projecting light.
    The color of the light will be blue...
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Simburian I don't get migraines. Nor am I hypersensitive to light, but I do have some sensitivity to it. Especially if it have a blue tone. For example, this forum and the game's white backgrounds is no problem. Sure darker ones are nicer but I'm fine with the white ones. The old Windows ones are also completely fine, since they are a different blue and also not very bright. Same goes for the older Sims games. They had a darker blue which was lovely.

But this new loading screen... It's like a Windows error screen. It doesn't matter if it's a few seconds or minutes. It's a loading screen which I'm going to see quite often if I play and every one of them feels like a darn flaying of my corneas. And going by comments here and from other media I'm not alone.

It befuddles me how some people here are so selfish and unsympathetic about this and more or less comments; "Oh I'm fine with it and I like it! You people just complain and should either endure or stop playing if this new designs hurts you." What manner of attitude is that? Why not change it to a different blue or give people an option so it doesn't cause pain for them? Geez.
  • Options
    altg1229altg1229 Posts: 89 Member
    I wasn’t shaming anyone to express their opinions but it’s kind of useless if they are adding it anyways. You can’t change the update you aren’t working for EA.

Actually, giving valid feedback and criticism to a team who supposedly reads the comments from their fan base can make a difference and could make Maxis reconsider adding this update or at least develop some alternatives.

• Options
    mercimerci Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2019
    Is this an upload only for PC or something, then? Not mac? Mine says it's fully updated, but I don't have that screen.
    Or maybe we need an expansion??
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    merci wrote: »
    Is this an upload only for PC or something, then? Not mac? Mine says it's fully updated, but I don't have that screen.

Coming in new patch not here yet.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

That's not how blue light works... By Odin, I swear, people hear a thing, interpret the meaning without knowing what it actually is, and then self diagnose.

Here. https://www.popsci.com/blue-light-blocking-glasses-science/
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mercimerci Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2019
    merci wrote: »

Coming in new patch not here yet.

Ooohh.Thank you very much for taking your time to tell me. I actually really like it and used to mod the game to have colored loading screens (I believe there was a way to have a black loading screen too.) For people this bothers, look up the mod Darker Loading Screens. It might still work!

I don't know if I can link it here but it is on mod the sims dot com
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited July 2019
    The target of EA is the children when the players expect a little more mature design like Life Is Strange.

Andrew Wilson said about BioWare : "There are kids today who are 12 years old, who weren't around when Bioware started making games... and they have different expectations of what a Bioware game should be in the context of the world they've grown up in."

I guess Maxis follow the same path.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Honestly, I never get migraines or anything like that, but something about the new pack colors and the main menu give me a headache while reading the text and looking at the render images. Blue is a beautiful color, and I honestly wanted blue user interfaces all over TS4, but the shades of blue they chose, and the text colors that complement them, is just bad design.

packs.png

• Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2019

Certain conditions like mine do make people sensitive to particular colours though. It may sound like something insignificant to complain about, but it is an issue. Take the case of the boy who would throw up because of the colours in a painting at a restaurant his family ate at.

https://aspergers101.com/asd-sensitivity-color/

"Yes, oftentimes those with sensory issues are not just sensitive to sound and noise, but also have a severe sensitivity to loud splashes of color."

All they have to do is add an option for another colour, or a darker theme, and the complaints regarding how the menu is bright and sore on the eyes would be solved.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

That's not how blue light works... By Odin, I swear, people hear a thing, interpret the meaning without knowing what it actually is, and then self diagnose.

Here. https://www.popsci.com/blue-light-blocking-glasses-science/
    I think you’re right that “blue light” might not be the same thing as plainly the colour blue. But if people declare they immediately feel a negative effect related to a condition when they see it, who are we to not believe them? I have something similar with first person. I never did that in my game myself, but every time I see it on YouTube or here, I become unwell within seconds (motion sickness). I don’t feel I’d have to defend that phenomenon, it just really happens, even if it won’t for others and even when I can’t explain it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't really like the loading screen we've got now, but the new one is even worse. I like the colors, but I believe they don't fit into the essence of the game and they must be too bright for many people's eyes. I guess we'll grow into them, but still...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Simburian I don't get migraines. Nor am I hypersensitive to light, but I do have some sensitivity to it. Especially if it have a blue tone. For example, this forum and the game's white backgrounds is no problem. Sure darker ones are nicer but I'm fine with the white ones. The old Windows ones are also completely fine, since they are a different blue and also not very bright. Same goes for the older Sims games. They had a darker blue which was lovely.

But this new loading screen... It's like a Windows error screen. It doesn't matter if it's a few seconds or minutes. It's a loading screen which I'm going to see quite often if I play and every one of them feels like a darn flaying of my corneas. And going by comments here and from other media I'm not alone.

It befuddles me how some people here are so selfish and unsympathetic about this and more or less comments; "Oh I'm fine with it and I like it! You people just complain and should either endure or stop playing if this new designs hurts you." What manner of attitude is that? Why not change it to a different blue or give people an option so it doesn't cause pain for them? Geez.

I was trying to give you some helpful advice. I research what I can do to improve my own experience of using the internet without damaging my cataracts more. Microsoft is trying to help in that regard with it's current Nightlight update and has greatly helped me.

Being older I don't like to impose my own views on the younger generation. It's more their game than mine.

How do you get on with your TV screens as those blues are all over the adverts now, even on chat shows and quiz games? Have a good day. :)

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I'm honestly most upset about the packs, they look so cheap and childish and I'd much rather have the current ones :(

That‘s my biggest concern! They look really bad and you can‘t distinguish them anymore that easily.
    1qd4sjn.jpg

Not even between game packs and EPs, they‘re all white and blue

I totally agree. I really thought the pack icons in sims 4 were an improvement on previous iterations because they were easy to recognise especially when scaled down in the catalogue. Apparently this was pure coincidence and the team doesn't care about actually recognising the packs doesn't matter to them.

I understand if they settle for one colour for EP's but why does it have to be nearly the same colour as GP's.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

That‘s my biggest concern! They look really bad and you can‘t distinguish them anymore that easily.
    1qd4sjn.jpg

Not even between game packs and EPs, they‘re all white and blue

I totally agree. I really thought the pack icons in sims 4 were an improvement on previous iterations because they were easy to recognise especially when scaled down in the catalogue. Apparently this was pure coincidence and the team doesn't care about actually recognising the packs doesn't matter to them.

I understand if they settle for one colour for EP's but why does it have to be nearly the same colour as GP's.

As I stated marketing picks colors to encourage you to buy. In marketing white represents neutrailty and and blue represents trust.
    Yellow grabs the attention and indicates buy, buy, buy. Red represents red hot item. This sort of color manipulation has been going on for decades as marketing has read up on the pyschology of colors to sell something.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2019

If people are disagreeing with somebody/something, it's not a matter of being "extremely sensitive what Maxis doing.". It's a business, this is a feedback forum - what's wrong with being "extremely sensitive" (as you like to put it as if it's pinnacle problem for expressing disaproval) about changes that can/may harm the health. Reasonable people don't get triggered unless somebody baits them, say with distasteful wording. This isn't directed at anybody in particular, but just want to point out. And of course this my opinion, and an opinion for an opinion, a stance for debating.

Also, what would be lose here, if EAxis simply follow the easiest solution - change the shade of blue? Toning down the saturation/light of the color would reduce the complains a TON the rebrand has received. Is anyone really oppose of
    simple blue saturation change, even those who don't mind the upcoming change? Things should be looked deep (ask why previous games had better looking screenshots, than jumping to "people like to complain for nothing" conclusion) and do best of satisfying majority of the consumers.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TØPTØP Posts: 26 Member
    Am I the only one who actually finds the loading screen and main menu just cool? :flushed:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5143110