Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uuuh, so...really?

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The more I keep looking at the new rebrand, the more my head and eyes actually hurt. Have they ever considered that these colour schemes could actually have medical side effects on people?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2019
    bixters wrote: »
    DyingLight wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :|Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Wow, that's a pretty ignorant comment. I have epilepsy and play video games. There are many different types of epilepsy. Seizures can come in many different forms and can be caused by a number of different causes, depending on the person. Some people are affected by bright, moving lights, while others might have them because of not eating enough food during the day. You can't just make a blanket statement like that about all people with epilepsy :|

I guess there are people with epilepsy who play videogames. Some diabetic people eat sugar, some people with lung cancer smoke, do whatever you want to do if it gives you power. :)

If you have migraines and you want to keep playing videogames, well, then do it. More power to you. Everyone can do whatever they want to do. No one is telling you not to. My point is, it's just a blue screen, what's the big deal???
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Why change it? Because hidden gifs and subliminal messages are easily hidden on a blue screen rather than a white one.

boy06Mx.gif
  • Options
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :|Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Wow, that's a pretty ignorant comment. I have epilepsy and play video games. There are many different types of epilepsy. Seizures can come in many different forms and can be caused by a number of different causes, depending on the person. Some people are affected by bright, moving lights, while others might have them because of not eating enough food during the day. You can't just make a blanket statement like that about all people with epilepsy :|

I guess there are people with epilepsy who play videogames. Some diabetic people eat sugar, some people with lung cancer smoke, do whatever you want to do if it gives you power. :)

If you have migraines and you want to keep playing videogames, well, then do it. More power to you. Everyone can do whatever they want to do. No one is telling you not to. My point is, it's just a blue screen, what's the big deal???

If said blue screen causes medical conditions to trigger in their players, the company might have some lawsuits on their hands, and I would think they'd want to avoid one as much as possible..?
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I realize people don’t like relying on mods to fix what they don’t like for Sims 4 I do but at the end of the day that is the choice you make updating the game. If you want to play the game you have no choice but to update it. In the end you really don’t have a choice so instead of crying over it or complaining accept it. That is the choice you made when you purchased the game. There are a lot of things I dislike from updating my game but I learned to live with them. The loading screen doesn’t affect your gameplay.

If we all took your attitude, then I dread to think how the Sims 4 would turn out.

Feedback, suggestions and criticism are important for growth and improvement. I'm going to continue to share my thoughts on the things that I dislike regardless of whether you think it's simply "crying over it or complaining". If you're happy to just put up with it, then good for you! After all, It's up to you whether you want to voice your opinion or not, but don't shame others for choosing to do so.

Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options

If said blue screen causes medical conditions to trigger in their players, the company might have some lawsuits on their hands, and I would think they'd want to avoid one as much as possible..?

Being in front of a screen is not healthy to begin with. IMO if you have an issue with blue screens, I don't know, maybe you shouldn't be in front of them in the first place?

If what you say is true, Microsoft would've been sued a long time ago, windows 95 and windows 98 had a lot of blue screens back in the day, but no one has ever sued them for that as far as I know.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    I realize people don’t like relying on mods to fix what they don’t like for Sims 4 I do but at the end of the day that is the choice you make updating the game. If you want to play the game you have no choice but to update it. In the end you really don’t have a choice so instead of crying over it or complaining accept it. That is the choice you made when you purchased the game. There are a lot of things I dislike from updating my game but I learned to live with them. The loading screen doesn’t affect your gameplay.

If we all took your attitude, then I dread to think how the Sims 4 would turn out.

Feedback, suggestions and criticism are important for growth and improvement. I'm going to continue to share my thoughts on the things that I dislike regardless of whether you think it's simply "crying over it or complaining". If you're happy to just put up with it, then good for you! After all, It's up to you whether you want to voice your opinion or not, but don't shame others for choosing to do so.
    I wasn’t shaming anyone to express their opinions but it’s kind of useless if they are adding it anyways. You can’t change the update you aren’t working for EA.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Being in front of a screen is not healthy to begin with. IMO if you have an issue with blue screens, I don't know, maybe you shouldn't be in front of them in the first place?

You could say the same thing to yourself too you know.

Also I never said my statement was true, I'm saying if hypothetically a worst-case scenario were to occur in that lawsuits could happen because it may or may not trigger medical effects on players. We're long past the days of Windows 95/98, we shouldn't have to revert back to these tired, old colour schemes either. Good for you that you're not affected by the colours, but I am. The more I looked at those new screens, the worse my head hurt. I haven't looked at them again this past hour and my head is so much better now.

Just because you're not affected by it, doesn't mean you have any right to tell other simmers to essentially "deal with it" when others ARE affected by it. Regardless what the new screens do to people, the color choices they chose are just plain ugly, and even a simple tweak in the saturation and hue of the colors can make a big difference.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I wasn’t shaming anyone to express their opinions but it’s kind of useless if they are adding it anyways. You can’t change the update you aren’t working for EA.

It's true, but if enough people show how discontent they are with the UI changes sooner or later they have to change them to something more pleasing.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    mercimerci Posts: 60 Member
    I don't have this, how do I get it?
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

You literally just told people to stop crying or complaining about it, and just accept it. How do you not see that as shaming others for wanting to voice their opinions?

You don't work for EA either, and they could still make changes and adjustments to the update based on the feedback they're getting.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    For those who don't like bright screens there is always to option to lower the brightness of the display on a PC or Mac. I always use 75% for mine.

Plus in Windows 10 you can use the "Nightlight" option (in the Display section) This cuts out blue light and you can set what times you want to use it and how strong the nightlight setting is. It's useful if you want a good night's sleep after playing. It's up to you to sort out your brightness to a level that suits you.

I had to omit the Avatars from my forum view as there used to be too many flashing images that gave me headaches.

I don't mind the rebrand. I am just happy that Sims 4 isn't coming to an end soon.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    TS4's Main Menu within 3 years:
    uaM1tRk.png

(this is a joke)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    TS4's Main Menu within 3 years:
    uaM1tRk.png

Love it. :p
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.

Of course they do. Did you know anyone can have an episode of epilepsy not just those who are diagnosed with it, it can be triggered by shapes, sound, colors. ETA: You don't know you are going to have a migraine that is the whole reason to bring it to the attention of a developer.

This is true. It's simply a chronical condition on some people, that can be triggered by the simplest of things or sometimes "nothing" at all, meaning not caused by an outside source, it depends.

There was an episode of Pokemon back then I think, that caused a lot of "normal" people epilepsy attacks due to a multitude of bright coloured flashes appearing on the tv screen.

I have lights in my house that bring on migraines, cars on the road cause them, neon lights in stores cause them, even energy saving bulbs make me have to wear dark glasses at doctors offices and shut them off at home - do I live in darkness to prevent them? Of course not - The pc does not cause it any more than lights do in the world. Do you suggest we all be locked into dark caves to avoid a migraine - you never know when they will happen - it's sudden and in my cause blinding - so of course I don't ever drive because of it - but other than that it's the only thing I don't do and that is for the safety of everyone.

Actually you can buy special glasses made specifically for people with migraines that have aura to help prevent them on pcs. I had some and need to replace them - and just have not replaced them yet. I do have special sunglasses but of course can not wear them using my pc - they are super dark and made for my issue.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't understand why people with migraines are playing videogames, health should come first. :| Do people with epilepsy play videogames? I don't think so.
    When you have a migraine you don’t play I can assure you. You’re lying in your bed with the curtains closed and vomit every now and then. Fortunately however most people don’t constantly have migraines, that would be one miserable life. So it’s awful when a game actually triggers migraines unnecessarily.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    For those who don't like bright screens there is always to option to lower the brightness of the display on a PC or Mac. I always use 75% for mine.

Plus in Windows 10 you can use the "Nightlight" option (in the Display section) This cuts out blue light and you can set what times you want to use it and how strong the nightlight setting is. It's useful if you want a good night's sleep after playing. It's up to you to sort out your brightness to a level that suits you.

I had to omit the Avatars from my forum view as there used to be too many flashing images that gave me headaches.

I don't mind the rebrand. I am just happy that Sims 4 isn't coming to an end soon.

But if people did that then they would need to change the setting every time they did something else. Even such things as getting past the menu/loading screen and into the game. My screen is already set at a comfortable brightness for me. I don't want to change it for a few minutes while I load into a game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Nope - they include a warning in the TOS or info data (which EA does on all their games) - they cannot be sued for it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Me opening Sims 4 after the update:
    giphy.gif

Hahahahahahaha that was hilarious
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I don't think you understand my point at all. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is triggered by the same things. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is going to be triggered by video games. It's not comparable to people with lung cancer smoking. Video games DO NOT trigger seizures in everyone with epilepsy. Epilepsy is not just 1 condition, everyone who has it has their own specific limits and boundaries. So, maybe you should stop generalizing..

Also, if a blue screen is causing enough people with or without epilepsy to have seizures, then EA will have to address it. Saying "people with epilepsy shouldn't be playing video games" is ignorant and counter productive

You people complain and whine a lot. Really, IMO the blue screen is beautiful, it is calming and soothing, blue is my fav color. I don't know how Maxis and the devs put up with you guys. I'm not an epilepsy expert, it was just a comment, but you get triggered at anything.

I doubt the devs are experts at migraines, I doubt there are neurologists working for EA. But any game has a warning that they might cause some serious health issues and that if you are prone to having them, you shouldn't play them.

I've been playing videogames for 25 years and I've been part of many gaming communities and the only one in which I have seen people complainig about a single blue screen is this one. :|

Also, forgive for not being an expert about migraines an epilepsy. Too bad for me.

So, in other words what you're saying is: "I don't want to understand other peoples' conditions or illnesses, because what I think is more important! Anyone who disagrees with me must be wrong!"

No, what I'm saying is that a loading screen that barely lasts a few seconds shouldn't be the source of a simmer's health issues/complaints, but you are too triggered to realize that.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2019
    Apparently the best colour for those who get migraines is green (qv. research tests) so maybe different green shades might be better. I was brought up to believe that green was an unlucky colour, due to superstitious fey relatives! A Faerie colour!

When I got to beta test Windows 95 I'm sure I read at the time that the teal colour (a darker shade of blue/green than the one EA/Maxis uses in the re-brand) is more neutral and restful for the eyes and that's why Microsoft used it. It was a very fashionable colour at that time in the '90s though.

Living in a damp climate I find that the new colours cheer me up so tastes vary.

@RIP-Troika-Games If you do get migraines you would make sure you did change settings. My nightlight turns on automatically at 10pm. I am developing cataracts myself and make sure I do keep an eye on brightness whatever I'm doing.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    When you have a migraine you don’t play I can assure you. You’re lying in your bed with the curtains closed and vomit every now and then. Fortunately however most people don’t constantly have migraines, that would be one miserable life. So it’s awful when a game actually triggers migraines unnecessarily.

A blue screen that lasts a few seconds triggers a migraine? Okayyy....
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I don't think you understand my point at all. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is triggered by the same things. Not EVERYONE with epilepsy is going to be triggered by video games. It's not comparable to people with lung cancer smoking. Video games DO NOT trigger seizures in everyone with epilepsy. Epilepsy is not just 1 condition, everyone who has it has their own specific limits and boundaries. So, maybe you should stop generalizing..

Also, if a blue screen is causing enough people with or without epilepsy to have seizures, then EA will have to address it. Saying "people with epilepsy shouldn't be playing video games" is ignorant and counter productive

You people complain and whine a lot. Really, IMO the blue screen is beautiful, it is calming and soothing, blue is my fav color. I don't know how Maxis and the devs put up with you guys. I'm not an epilepsy expert, it was just a comment, but you get triggered at anything.

I doubt the devs are experts at migraines, I doubt there are neurologists working for EA. But any game has a warning that they might cause some serious health issues and that if you are prone to having them, you shouldn't play them.

I've been playing videogames for 25 years and I've been part of many gaming communities and the only one in which I have seen people complainig about a single blue screen is this one. :|

Also, forgive for not being an expert about migraines an epilepsy. Too bad for me.

So, in other words what you're saying is: "I don't want to understand other peoples' conditions or illnesses, because what I think is more important! Anyone who disagrees with me must be wrong!"

No, what I'm saying is that a loading screen that barely lasts a few seconds shouldn't be the source of a simmer's health issues/complaints, but you are too triggered to realize that.
    If you have no idea what you’re talking about (and you admit you don’t, which indeed is no shame), maybe you shouldn’t?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    I don't recall anyone asking for this????