Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Woot! I was hoping we'd see where Sasha had lived. They will definitely go to Lunar Lakes in my game after awhile at home.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Woot! I was hoping we'd see where Sasha had lived. They will definitely go to Lunar Lakes in my game after awhile at home.

who? still trying to fix my account.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    @AlphaFen Not Quite A Runaway Success Almost looks too pretty to be a renovation but I look forward to it. I think that firebug Clara just needs a warm cup of parenting. Or knowing simmers a runaway quintuplet extortion-ring involving a genie story arc. Again, I love your write up. I'll be hitting refresh on your creative thread once I run of gifts to play with.

Thank you for heads up about the duplicate spawners and the beautiful shark invested water pictures Bree.

@MsPrissy88 Daisy looks like a cute dog, I love her clover collar. It's nice that she likes swimming, maybe I will take her on one of Suszie's houseboats sometime.

Sunny Side Up's furnishing looks great so far Kgaff. I love seeing in progress pictures.

@KaytayRoall I'm sorry, I didn't see it. I think I'm in the habit of ignoring signatures. I peeked at it earlier and have it bookmarked to look at more this weekend. My old photobucket pictures came back on their own, a lot of them were broken when the forums moved here from the sims 3 site but they seem to be working again. If you would, send me a link when you get your site up and running. I would like to see it. I check the sims 3 page fairly often or you can pm me here. I'm bad at checking threads if it's been a while because notifications get out of hand.

I'm going to try out The Amusement Warehouse later tonight or tomorrow. It's so impressive you were able to get the coaster to work on a 40x40 lot, let alone everything else. It's looks amazing from the preview pictures.

@Mystik1978 Your makeover is a ray of sunshine, EA lots can be so interesting but bland. Sometimes they have an ugly sweater party but with patterns. The makeover looks loads better.

I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

@equuest You made something wonderful that your buddy is happy with. That's all the exchange was about.

@ADWilson Jena and her pugs are adorable and are going to be great townies to run into.

Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited May 2019
    @friendsfan367
    Here's a little something while you wait for the other gift to be fixed.

Friend
    Jena and her two pugs, Puggsley and Petunia Pug, are ready to see what the world has to offer!

ff.jpg

Jena is a Libra who likes the color green, cookies and indie music.
    LTW: The Canine Companion
    Traits: Artistic, Childish, Dog Person, Excitable and Photographer's Eye
    Has a couple of skills and a few things in her inventory

Possible ideas:
    Paint or photograph her dogs when her skills improve in those areas
    Breed the dogs and raise a large family that way

Puggsley
    Traits: Loyal, Non-Destructive and Playful
    Knows all of the tricks and has begun to learn how to hunt

Petunia Pug
    Traits: Friendly, Genius and Likes Swimming
    Knows all of the tricks and has begun to learn how to hunt.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
  • Options
    @Mystik1978
    Sunshine Stacks is a fun name for this fun build! Nice to see where Sasha went and to learn more of her story.
  • Options
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @friendsfan367
    Here's a little something while you wait for the other gift to be fixed.

Friend
    Jena and her two pugs, Puggsley and Petunia Pug, are ready to see what the world has to offer!

ff.jpg

Jena is a Libra who likes the color green, cookies and indie music.
    LTW: The Canine Companion
    Traits: Artistic, Childish, Dog Person, Excitable and Photographer's Eye
    Has a couple of skills and a few things in her inventory

Possible ideas:
    Paint or photograph her dogs when her skills improve in those areas
    Breed the dogs and raise a large family that way

Puggsley
    Traits: Loyal, Non-Destructive and Playful
    Knows all of the tricks and has begun to learn how to hunt

Petunia Pug
    Traits: Friendly, Genius and Likes Swimming
    Knows all of the tricks and has begun to learn how to hunt.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

thanks addy.i'll make better comments later trying to see if reinstalling orgin fixes my game
  • Options
    After Midnight ... ta-da!
    The event is officially over but there are still more gifts to come.

Thank YOU for joining and making this event funtabulous!!

All but one gift are clean. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.
    One Buddy made arrangements to gift later and from the sneak peek pictures, you know you're in for a real treat.

I will be away on vacation until next week and will finalize things at that time.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding! :)
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    After Midnight ... ta-da!
    The event is officially over but there are still more gifts to come.

Thank YOU for joining and making this event funtabulous!!

All but one gift are clean. Hopefully that will be resolved soon.
    One Buddy made arrangements to gift later and from the sneak peek pictures, you know you're in for a real treat.

I will be away on vacation until next week and will finalize things at that time.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding! :)

HAVE AN AWESIM TIME, @ADDY!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @SamelaRita

Wainwright Place looks like a wonderful place to raise horses! I have a couple of unicorns in one save that are all set to meet one of @Mystik1978 gifts to @KayTayRoall, and this looks just like their new home. <3

@Mystik1978

Wow, Shade is seriously good looking! I think you nailed that 'boy next door' look! <3 I hope he gets to see Sasha again! Will they rekindle their romance? Or has she been off and married to some alien?!?!?! I guess we will have to find out... Either way, I doubt Shade will have trouble meeting someone new... <3

And shes back! Hello Sasha, Ive heard so much about you! I love her sense of style, and all the fun pinks and purples in her outfits! And oh boy does she ever have a story to tell!!

Not one of the gifts but I wanted to comment on Damon... he looks like the singer from Arctic Monkeys... Hes HOT! <3

@friendsfan367

Bobby has the smoldering gaze thing that reminds me a bit of Dean Winchester... <3 This family looks like it would be a lot of fun to play! I haven't done military or reporter yet so this one will be a welcome addition!!

@Jessabeans

Windermere IS a character! I love the story of the house and the family that's lived in, and fought over it! I feel like this house would just want someone to live in and appreciate it like it once was, and restore it to its former glory... Its beautiful!

@MsPrissy88

The Gentrys are such a cute couple!!! I love their outfits, they definitely fit the farm aesthetic, and the backstory you wrote for them is so sweet! Former beauty queen or not, I'm sure Krissy will always be Wyatts Miss Buttercup! <3

@KaytayRoall

Its silly of me to write these responses to your gifts because I can just say this directly to your beautiful face, but as your builds and creations are so amazing I think it bears writing down. <3<3<3

I'm not sure what I did to make Calista SO MAD but I'm pretty sure she is trying to kill me with her eyes. I LOVE how grouchy this sim is, shes such a perfect swamp rat!!! And that shelter! I would live there, no question. This is like a 14 year old version of me's perfect dream house. That rope bridge though!!! I watched you build this... and then REBUILD it from scratch to make sure it was perfect. And it is. <3

@suzses

Skymyst I and II are so much fun! I love seeing the older version before it was modernized, AND the new one... These look like a lot of fun to build! I haven't tried a house boat yet, so I'm going to steal these and take them into build mode to study your technique... :)

@BreeMiles

I guess I'm just going to have to bulldoze most of the EA lots in my worlds and replace them with your builds, I love your design sense! Ciane's Getaway is so cute and cozy! The garden and the tinkering shed look great, and from the pictures on the exchange it looks like it has a fun open floor plan!

@60smusicluvr

KGaff's Contemporary is beautiful... I LOVE the roof! The shape is so fun and interesting... I have a heck of a time doing any kind of roofing... (@KayTayRoall helps me quite a bit with that!) And the interior is so sleek! Clearly someone with an impeccable sense of style lives here!

@Hidehi

I think my jaw literally dropped when I saw that you built an ENTIRE ISLAND!!! I don't think I even realized that was possible! Its so very cool... and it really makes that Sims Castaways thing even better! Its an actual survival game now! I can't wait to get this in my game!!!!

Only about 6 or 7 more gifts to comment on!!! Ill hopefully get to them tomorrow. <3
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I know this is completely off topic but does anyone stream on twitch? With my Amazon Prime I learned I can be a paid subscriber for one Twitch streamer each month. However I normally watch on YouTube instead of twitch so I don't have a lot of people there. I am thinking about Deli or Semaj (Sims Supply) but would love to check out any of my fellow simmers channels if anyone has one.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    @ciane Turning the apartment buildings around is a clever idea. Both are as interesting, fun and attractive as their originals. I like "the gals" and Miko, too. I do hope he stops eating alone! Loving the "cow" bike. You've made so many nice sims to go with your builds. Hidehi should be having fun with all these gifts for a very long time.

@MsPrissy88 Pretty name for a prettily landscaped home. Wow, you did get a lot of sleeping space in there. Love all the closets, especially the (I think) hallway shelving for the towels and laundry supplies.

I think I lost the comment I at least started on the Gentrys. Miss Buttercup got herself quite a catch in Wyatt. He sounds like my dad, who also built our house and always had a large garden (that I was forced to weed and hence have never gardened since :D ).

My favorite is Daisy. What a sweet dog with a sweet face, who is about to be spoiled by some sim somewhere in my games.

@AlphaFen What a wonderful old church and an even better background story for your sims. I am laughing hysterically still as I type this.

@KaytayRoall What an amazing lot. I love how you combined the rollercoaster and the warehouse. There is so much fun stuff packed in - I have no idea how you managed to squeeze all that into a 40x40 lot, but believe me I'm about to find out. :)

@ADWilson Aww, Jena, Puggsley and Petunia are all so sweet. <3 I'll be snatching them. You've been quite busy making things for this exchange, in addition to all you do to coordinate everything so we can all have a fun time. Thanks for your tireless efforts. Hope you have a wonderful and safe time on your trip.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Love the pugs! Simply adorable and Jena is sweet too.

I've played the quads through 3 days now, so ...
    http://cianesims.home.blog/story/mcgowan/
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited May 2019
    Okay I have gotten pretty far behind, the grands came by and two stayed and we worked the vegetable garden and just had some good old super duper fun!! I'm going to catch up here now!

@ciane I have grabbed up the new versions of your lovely wonderful and beautiful creations!
    @MsPrissy88 I need that emoji of my eyes popping out and my mouth hitting the floor, Daisy is super adorable and I will love her in my game, what a lovely surprise so wonderful! <3 Much love and many hugs for all the super gifts you sent me! <3<3
    @Kgaff, very nice layout for the stairs!
    @Hidehi I'm so very much in love with your little Island, I had started an Island Life story back about a month ago, with another Island, now I must start another island life with this island its so super cute with all the love and wonderful detail you have put in it! Super duper fun! Sharky was no trouble at all for my survivor sim, but for the paparazzi it could have been bad for him! (pic included) cause I'm having too much fun with this island!
    Screenshot-136.jpg
    It is fixed now and my survivor has removed most of the sharks from the lagoon to a better location! Its much safer now for those paparazzi to get to me, now I think I should have left them there to fend off any unwanted visitors! :D
    Screenshot-141.jpg
    @KaytayRoall, The Amusement Warehouse is very lovely, this will be super fun to use in my game play!
    @Mystik1978 another lovely and beautiful build for us to explore, amazing and wonderful, can't wait to get it in my game!
    @ADWilson awe so adorable Mystik1978, & Puggsley and such a lovely sim Jena is and I love the names you have pick out for them! Super cute and adorable!
    @ciane yes a very lovely home and its definitely worth the money and the story is going good and wow so many toddlers, where did they all come from? :D I'm going to have fun keeping up with this family!

• Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Kgaff Black Mountain cottage is lovely and Annaliese (must check spelling) has that cool scandinavian look down to a T.
    @KaytayRoall The colours in your Bayou craftsman house are lovely - all those muted shades blending perfectly and telling the story without any words.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn The Darya and Seaver story looks like it would play out in such an interesting way. And I love your build, as always! And the Lief twins and their backstory so lends itself to a really long and rich playline. And the build's amazing too!
    Finished page 42 (memo to self!)
    @equuest The Mermaid's Treasure box is lovely, and I also love the way all your gifts are going together on a theme as well. Plus the sneak pictures of the characters popping up from time to time.
    @DinoJr The new french base camp is great (like it's so going into my world!) and I like the sim and his wolf dog as well. I especially love the first floor walkways between the wings (second floor to any american-english speakers out there). Another great building idea to nick learn from.
    The computer owner has just turned up again - better post!
    Finished p 44
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    I know this is completely off topic but does anyone stream on twitch? With my Amazon Prime I learned I can be a paid subscriber for one Twitch streamer each month. However I normally watch on YouTube instead of twitch so I don't have a lot of people there. I am thinking about Deli or Semaj (Sims Supply) but would love to check out any of my fellow simmers channels if anyone has one.

YES!!!!!! Outside of @Bree stopping in to my channel (every so often) - as well as @Addy - I welcome ALL newcomers to my stream!!

twitch.tv/rocknrollfantasy

I am known to everyone as PRISSY on there

In fact.... BOTH my twitch and youtube channels are linked in my signature.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @Bree - I am soooo glad you love Daisy. I kept going back and forth, wondering if I should create an animal or not. I am so glad I did. I've been playing the Gentry's and Daisy in the house for a while now. Daisy doesn't have any skills -- just the way you like your sims/pets -- and in my game, she doesn't have any yet, either.

Did you see the little surprises (which i had forgot to mention in the write up) I gave you in the back yard?? The chicken coop and the sun? Don't forget, your sim CAN pick up the little sun balls and sell them!! Each sun ball gives you $100 simoleons.

If I had used a bigger lot, I was gonna give you the COW barn. But, 35 by 20 was something you had offered (requested) when I had asked @Addy "what lot size" did you want.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @ciane

Hunters moon is so cool! I think it would look really awesome right next to Harvest Moon, like the same developer or designer had their hands on one whole city block... very cool!
    and the 'gals' are so much fun and have tons of personality! I hope Lin finds that camera... and she looks great on that Beast!

I love the second turnaround! Such a fun idea! And Miko... hes beautiful! I think he needs to meet Ohio Jones... Maybe he's having trouble connecting with all these ladies because he needs to connect with a young adventurous man? <3

@MsPrissy88

I love the floor plan for Magnolia Estate, its so much fun the way you have it layed out! Huge porches, and a fun second story, this looks great! I like the soft color palette you've chosen too. <3 I usually try to avoid big families because controlling too many sims at once gets overwhelming for me, but I think I have the perfect house for it if I get brave!

Daisy! What a beautiful pooch! Shes going directly into my games asap, I love this gorgeous girl!

@AlphaFen

I laughed my entire way through reading your Not Quite a Runaway Success post! The cathedral is gorgeous, and both sims look like they are going to be fun to play... Can a ghost convince a young girl not to burn down the neighborhood? Probably not! Also.. Your story telling is wonderful. Do you know about the McElroys? MBMBaM, or The Adventure Zone podcasts? Your writing feels to me as if Griffon McElroy was writing a Pratchett novel. So witty, but less dry!

@KayTayRoall

The Amusement Warehouse is SO cool! I had so much fun watching you build this, from the shell all the way to the finished product... The fact that you managed to put an entire theme park in one building still astounds me! I would spend WAY too much time here in real life!!!! <3<3<3

@Mystik1978

What a fun moon house!!! I have the distinct pleasure of seeing it in action before even downloading it... (Watching @KayTayRoall play with it, shhh don't tell her lol) Its so fun! Look at that huge second story porch, I love it! Fun shape too, very unique! The colors are beautiful!

@ADWilson

Once more, thank you so much for organizing this! So many beautiful additions to all of our games, this is maybe my favorite new holiday lol!!! Also, Jena and her pups are adorable! I like her sense of style, the earth tones in her outfit look fabulous on her, and those sweet sweet doggos are precious and perfect!

Whew! As far as I know that's every gift! Now I can finally download, recommend, and play with all these gifts! You are all so talented, and I'm so happy and feel very lucky to have been a part of this!!!!
  • Options
    @DinoJr - I did give Lin the expensive camera. I had a tester sim leave one at the wrong apartment complex. So, I just had the tester at the other complex Merge with the gals and open inventory to swap it to Lin's backpack before upload. I just thought it would be a nice surprise to find it already there.
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

Now that I've finally looked at and commented on everything I've come back the amazing gifts you've made for me and I just want to say again how much I love them... I LOVE them! I love all the Scandinavian and Nordic influences, from the builds, to the the way the sims look and are even named. It's amazing to me that you chose this style to go with because I adore it, and forgot to mention it in my buddy letter. I eat up all the mythology and games based on these times and areas, and books around them... I love this so much.

And the story is soooo rich! My favorite games have always been the ones that felt like I was playing through a novel, and this is no exception. Thank you again. <3
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    DinoJr wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

Now that I've finally looked at and commented on everything I've come back the amazing gifts you've made for me and I just want to say again how much I love them... I LOVE them! I love all the Scandinavian and Nordic influences, from the builds, to the the way the sims look and are even named. It's amazing to me that you chose this style to go with because I adore it, and forgot to mention it in my buddy letter. I eat up all the mythology and games based on these times and areas, and books around them... I love this so much.

And the story is soooo rich! My favorite games have always been the ones that felt like I was playing through a novel, and this is no exception. Thank you again. <3

@DinoJr from your buddy letter. ;)o:);)
    I enjoy this style of build the most: Victorian, Scandinavian, Tudor, great big farm houses, cute small starters... Or something just completely outlandish <3

I really don’t want this in my game: The only thing I can think of here that isn't already covered by the rules is huge families. I get overwhelmed when there's too many sims to control at once! 4 sims is probably about as many as I can typically handle, maybe more if they are pets.
    I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are fine, but please, not just a single cat. They are so needy! If you want to put in a cat, do two, or cat and a dog, or something so they can play.

I'm glad you are enjoying your gifts, and the week was as hectic as I feared, and while I felt bad about dumping everything on one day I didn't want you to have to wait to long especially as they'd been finished for awhile. ;)

Ps, the choice for non-fancy cover art, was about game mechanics, even though it shouldn't impact it at all.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Some in game fun...
    47927317456_4abb53b7db_b.jpg
    Tofi went immediately to the garden and cleared the closest brambles.. Lots of ripe fruits and vegetables to harvest as well!

47927309942_4af0eb11d8_b.jpg
    Hjordis wasn't to keen on actually talking to her brother yet, so she went inside to read a book of curses. Probably some good prank material in that one!

47927316991_203a3be6f8_b.jpg
    Gunnr and Bjorn spent the entire day playing, chasing each other, and chewing on some quality toys!

And then... The twins weren't the ONLY ones to wake from their long slumber!

47927309627_9d13b50a87_b.jpg
    47927309532_959cf02cf9_z.jpg

Mom and Dad both decided to pop in for a ghostly visit! Though Mom was super distracted by the television, and Dad thought it would be funny to haunt a grape vine for a few hours. I expected the ghost of Handy to come around as well, but he stayed put in the great beyond!

<3
  • Options
    Those are some AWESOME game shots, @Dino. What fun you're having already with your gifts. :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    While it's not exactly a weekend to "celebrate", I hope everyone has an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

I'm *finally* going to see my friend (the one who lost his girlfriend), tomorrow (Saturday). Spend some time with him, and probably do some reminiscing.

Monday is the day I'll be "looking forward" to. 3 times a year, I make our homemade potato salad and cook up some brats to go with it. However... since I'm going to be streaming -- @Mystik -- I am going to cook the potatoes and eggs on Sunday; to get them ready. Or, just make up the potato salad a day early (and give me something to snack on :D ).

Anyway... IF there are any more gifts that have to be presented, rec'd and downloaded, I will do all that next week.

For now, tho ---- BYE EVERYONE! So nice to meet all the new comers, and always nice to see the familiar faces once again.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    While it's not exactly a weekend to "celebrate", I hope everyone has an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

I'm *finally* going to see my friend (the one who lost his girlfriend), tomorrow (Saturday). Spend some time with him, and probably do some reminiscing.

Monday is the day I'll be "looking forward" to. 3 times a year, I make our homemade potato salad and cook up some brats to go with it. However... since I'm going to be streaming -- @Mystik -- I am going to cook the potatoes and eggs on Sunday; to get them ready. Or, just make up the potato salad a day early (and give me something to snack on :D ).

Anyway... IF there are any more gifts that have to be presented, rec'd and downloaded, I will do all that next week.

For now, tho ---- BYE EVERYONE! So nice to meet all the new comers, and always nice to see the familiar faces once again.

i'm working today and tomorrow . but off monday. i feel bad for my coworkers well the ones workng monday are new gm is actually worse than the last one.
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited May 2019
    @MsPrissy88 Daisy is a perfect picture of a border collie!

@Jessabeans I like the Brontes too, Jane Eyre I think is the best and I wasn't the biggest fan of Great Expectations either it was a bit thin. I forgot Douglas Adams! I still sometimes sign off emails with "So long and thanks for all the fish" which possibly explains why I don't always get responses....

@KaytayRoall I won't need pics as I will definitely be checking this wonder out in game! Fun for every type of sim on 40x40!

@Mystik1978 I do like the little touches you put into your gardens, the gnomes in your first build and now the starfish by the pool! Lovely!

@DinoJr I got in game yesterday and have had immense fun exploring the base camp (got a chance to admire the path flow and all the individual activities provided) and the sims bios (so funny and sweet) I admit I have a soft spot for Maurice. Thanks for taking the time and Olympian effort to go back an comment on everything and for saying such nice things. I will go google the podcasts you mentioned ;)
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top