Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited April 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm asking myself.

In view of the fact that people with 32bit or Mac low end computers won't be able to buy/use new Sims 4 packs after February 28th. What is the pack that might persuade Simmers to upgrade their machines or get a new PC or Mac to buy it?

I can wish and hope with all my might that it will have something to do with the sims themselves and that they will become more in depth with a better memory system.....(they did say these sims would remember everything even just by their original example of the guy having a fit because he ran in to the sim that cut him down about something.) we all know that's a farce though because they don't remember anything about their relationships and are all buddy buddy right after you have to force them to declare enemies.

They also need better attraction systems, or dislike systems.

We need work on the background behaviours of the sims before we need other eps. So I hope there's some upgrades to that stuff with this.

YES!!!

I would really like the sims to be more aware of who they are talking to. A longtime friend or a sim that they have half a red bar with. This is really immersion-breaking and I try to make the sims I have control of react in a good manner to different sims. Wish the uncontrolled ones would too.

Edited to add:

If you ask me if I would like farming, vacations, more occults, maybe an active astronaut-career or many other different things I would probably say yes. If you say that I can get 3 more things into the game then I will start to say no to a few things to focus on the stuff I really really want to have in the game.

Do I like farming, yes I like taking care of things in the game and harvesting plants. Would I skip out on a Occult GP or and active career that I really enjoy. Probably not.

It is difficult, there are many things I like and I do not know how things are ranked at Maxis. If they make one GP, which theme is it that will get scrapped because they cannot make everything. I like farming, I need occults.
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm asking myself.

In view of the fact that people with 32bit or Mac low end computers won't be able to buy/use new Sims 4 packs after February 28th. What is the pack that might persuade Simmers to upgrade their machines or get a new PC or Mac to buy it?

I can wish and hope with all my might that it will have something to do with the sims themselves and that they will become more in depth with a better memory system.....(they did say these sims would remember everything even just by their original example of the guy having a fit because he ran in to the sim that cut him down about something.) we all know that's a farce though because they don't remember anything about their relationships and are all buddy buddy right after you have to force them to declare enemies.

They also need better attraction systems, or dislike systems.

We need work on the background behaviours of the sims before we need other eps. So I hope there's some upgrades to that stuff with this.

I agree yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I would hope that it is University. I really need this in my game now.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Supporting 32bit, they have to restrict themselves to what 32bit can do. They can't make anything that works on 64bit but doesn't work on 32bit. So currently it is a 32bit game with optionalö 64bit support that doesn't really do anything besides allow the game to use more RAM.
    Dropping 32bit, they can start adding features 32bit is unable to support.

The entire speculation here is based on the assumption that they'll give such a feature to us right as the patch comes out that drops 32bit.
    I have no idea how likely this is, but I think it's very likely that they plan to release such a feature or features, whatever that may be, eventually.

I could see it being a campus world with a small number of very big lots. One of them may even exceed 64x64. But that's just speculation. Don't base your hopes and dreams on it.

On the topic of farming packs, I think adding animals would be done in the object-creature kind of way so that cows and chicken would be tied to their coops and pens just like babies to their cribs. That way, they'd still have to animate the animals, but wouldn't have to worry about adding complicated AI.
    While pigs fit thematically, how would you depict a sim collecting sellable or eatable items from a pig? They'd have to imply that your Sim kills an animal offscreen and comes out of the hut or the rabbit hole with a piece of ham, steak or bacon in his inventory. Maybe they can do that in a way that keeps it childish, silly and funny, but I don't see how this is possible.
    So I don't think Pigs are going to be a thing.
    Horses perhaps, as they are highly requested, but as you can't take them off the lot to ride, as they would be animated objects just as well.
    For proper farming experience, you'd need a huge lot and a way to plant, water, get rid of pests, evolve and harvest 12 plants at once or more, so you actually have fields of crops. I don't think any farmer tends to each grain of wheat on his field individually as you do with plants in your garden.
    If we get a farming pack at all, I hope we get a bunch of off the grid gameplay with it.
    Off the grid stuff would also fit for a post-apocalypse kind of pack, but I doubt they'll ever do that.

Off the grid would also fit with a farming Medieval pack. I don’t think there would be such a problem having pigs in a farming pack. We already have fish that can be eaten, and a ham or turkey in the great meal. They don’t have to show butchering the pigs, cows, goats, or chickens, they can do it the same way they do for fish. I think even most children know that the meat they eat were once live animals.

I’m sorry, I find it very, very hard to believe that children playing this game don’t know where meat, milk and eggs come from..... lol. Isn’t the sims rated teen?? The game Minecraft which is rated 7+ shows that pigs make pork, cows make beef, and give milk, and chickens lay eggs and meat. Sheep give lamb, and you can get wool from them. And rabbits make rabbit meat. Also, the game doesn’t show people going to bed together, going under the covers and doing woohoo.....,, let’s get serious here.....

It's an odd time when there are people sensitive to the origin of meat. People are quite delicate these days.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I feel like it might be University.
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    I really feel like it's some sort of tropical pack. If you read the most recent patch notes it's says "The “CleanRoom” wall pattern, which was previously missing a name for its 5th color variant, has now had that specific color variant named “Like Sand”.
    As far as I’m aware, this is the only instance in the game where a color variant has been given a unique name. Huh… neat!"

I could be reading into this too much, but The Sims does like to leave little easter eggs hiding for new updates that could be coming.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    HCSau wrote: »
    I would hope that it is University. I really need this in my game now.
    I agree The Sims3 University life was my all time favourite EP even over seasons (devs if you are making the sims 5 Seasons should be the first EP) what with the frat party’s and stuff I even got the Graduate blues when my sim finished. I do think that the Devs May add a new lecturer job I loved the uni world and it would be nice to have reasons to go back even if it’s just day time.
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    > @LiELF said:
    > As usual, I'll be over here hoping for Magic, Witches, Wizards, Voodoo and anything Supernatural.

I also am hoping for Witches, Wizards, Voodoo and Magic as well as fairies, elves and werewolves.
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    ive been actively waiting for witches for 2 years now. ive had stories that are in stasis for as long as i need a witch pack to continue my storylines. if the next one is university instead of witches ill cry. again.
  • Options
    Psycholizard96Psycholizard96 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love a new pack that allows us to have vehicles that are functional. My idea expands to a new mechanical job based off of handiness and logic. I was sort of thinking maybe cars can break down and need oil changes and tire rotations and what not and in doing so it helps build handiness skills and also you can own your own car shop and fix other sims cars.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    What I can say is that I'm 99.9% sure it's an EP. :tongue:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    moltazia wrote: »
    ive been actively waiting for witches for 2 years now. ive had stories that are in stasis for as long as i need a witch pack to continue my storylines. if the next one is university instead of witches ill cry. again.

I dont think it will be either of those.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think it'll be something to do with vehicles, because Summer road trips! It'll probably called Get Going, because it's the Sims 4 and they seem to like using Get in their Expansion Pack names. So, a new world, lot type(s) (car dealership and mechanics shop), lots and LOTS of vehicles you can drive, Mechanics skill, Mechanic and Car Salesmen careers (Car Salesman should have two branches: Used and New, while Mechanic should active), lots of CAS and Build/Buy objects, and a very disappointed LGR.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I think it'll be something to do with vehicles, because Summer road trips! It'll probably called Get Going, because it's the Sims 4 and they seem to like using Get in their Expansion Pack names. So, a new world, lot type(s) (car dealership and mechanics shop), lots and LOTS of vehicles you can drive, Mechanics skill, Mechanic and Car Salesmen careers (Car Salesman should have two branches: Used and New, while Mechanic should active), lots of CAS and Build/Buy objects, and a very disappointed LGR.

I'd love to get a pack like this. I'll take cars anyway I can get them.
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    ive never had any of the university eps so i dont really understand peoples excitement for it. ive watch a few game play videos...idk. id like witches/fairies/farming...something along those lines.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @Angie1301 I haven't had any of the Uni expansions either. The Sims 4 is the first Sims game I got. I still really, really, want it though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Angie1301 wrote: »
    ive never had any of the university eps so i dont really understand peoples excitement for it. ive watch a few game play videos...idk. id like witches/fairies/farming...something along those lines.

They help sims start a career at a higher level if they graduate. For me though they also add wild parties,new kiss types and new woohoo spots. That's what I like about it.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Is that guy who voiced Male Clear voice?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    @Armilus616 I was curious about what you said with kids not knowing where meat comes from. So I have my 9 year old nephew with me and I asked him...
    1. Where does eggs come from? He answered chickens
    2. Where does milk come from? He answered cows
    3. Where does pork come from? He answered pigs.

So then I asked where does cotton from? And he took a minute to think about it and said sheep. LOL... I told him no wool comes from sheep and cotton is a plant.

He is very aware of where meat comes from and I doubt very seriously that the game would include any indication of animal slaughter for living off the grid. If anything the animals would be like they are in Sims 3. You collect the chicken eggs from the coup and milk from the cow. If they add pigs to the game then it'll be like Wilber a pet and show pig.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    I honestly want a legacy or School / University pack , I like to keep my game pretty realistic I guess . I have no real interest in the Vampires Gp or Strangerville , I do have to say strangerville has some nice features but it's not my style of sims and I'm worried about my normal sims e.g. in San Myshuno becoming possesed or vampires . So I'm hoping it's not witches or sorcerers just to keep it realistic - ish .
  • Options
    PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    In general farming would be pretty cool , I've always wanted to build a ranch on Ts4 but we do already have crops we can grow so is a farming pack the best option on giving something new and refreshing . This is just my personal opinion.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    @Armilus616 I was curious about what you said with kids not knowing where meat comes from. So I have my 9 year old nephew with me and I asked him...
    1. Where does eggs come from? He answered chickens
    2. Where does milk come from? He answered cows
    3. Where does pork come from? He answered pigs.

So then I asked where does cotton from? And he took a minute to think about it and said sheep. LOL... I told him no wool comes from sheep and cotton is a plant.

He is very aware of where meat comes from and I doubt very seriously that the game would include any indication of animal slaughter for living off the grid. If anything the animals would be like they are in Sims 3. You collect the chicken eggs from the coup and milk from the cow. If they add pigs to the game then it'll be like Wilber a pet and show pig.

Does he live in a rural or urban area? Because from my observation, kids from the countryside or smaller towns tend to be better informed about such things than kids in big cities. But that is a more an "In general" type of guess. I never said, "No 12 year old in the world knows where meat comes from anymore, they don't understand the connection between meat and animals." That would just be ridiculous and easily debunked, as you just did.
    Maybe it came across the wrong way because I'm no native English speaker and therefore unable to articulate my point as clear as I would be able to in my native tongue.
    It is a fact that in my country, a portion of the kids and teenagers actually don't know. That is due to the schools not bringing that up anymore, the media focussing on other things as well and losing connections to such things due to living far away from it. (As I mentioned, Big Cities)
    I assumed that in the US and other Countries that are similarly developed, such as the UK or France right across the border, the situation is similar. But I don't have any data there.
    I seriously expect it to be even worse in the US, but that might be due to some stereotypes about Americans I grew up with. There are some jokes here that portray the Americans as fat, drunk hillbillies that are all about shooting squirrels with guns and not knowing that anything outside of their home town even exists.
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Armilus616
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »
    I assumed that in the US and other Countries that are similarly developed, such as the UK or France right across the border, the situation is similar. But I don't have any data there.
    I seriously expect it to be even worse in the US, but that might be due to some stereotypes about Americans I grew up with. There are some jokes here that portray the Americans as fat, drunk hillbillies that are all about shooting squirrels with guns and not knowing that anything outside of their home town even exists.

That may have something to do with the horrific “president” that we currently have, but I can assure you that very little of the USA is actually like that. And strangely enough, it would be those hillbilly types who would be most likely to know where meat comes from, due to their propensity to shoot animals.

I do think that there are urban areas with horrific school systems in which the kids have little knowledge about how meat gets from a farm to their meals. There are school systems here that literally get 0%’s on their overall common knowledge standardized tests, as compared to our school system here in the suburbs where we get between 92 and 95%. So yes, I think there are school systems where the kids learn basically nothing. If they are teaching the kids to read they are accomplishing something. But there aren’t that many like that.

In any case, I don’t want a farm expansion/pack/stuff in any way shape or form. I want something that allows the Sims to have more hands on interactions. Holding hands while walking, dancing while holding on to each other, laying in bed together - awake and visible, kids playing tag, or ring around the rosy, or London Bridge. Kids playing “patty cake” type games - but the more complicated ones that grade schoolers play.

I guess a University or school related expansion would have the ability to include those new types of interactions, they would all make sense with college kids and school aged kids.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks just a quick reminder to not post anything political, it's not allowed in the rules and usually leads to arguments :smile: carry on!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Deleted.