Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019

Comments

• gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2019
    gemjas wrote: »
    Anyway, the modder KawaiiStacie made a farming mod and I'm pretty sure an official farming pack will handle the harvesting of meat the way she did.

a27d24_2f3fd9f4c2444230a1a62d1866d94c86~mv2.webp

You just send the animal off and the meat will be in your sims inventory. Nothing violent or shocking.

Just wanted to chime in to say: I highly doubt they will do anything of this sort. We're talking about a team of devs that excluded dog houses from the game because they "don't believe dogs should sleep outside". You really think they would allow us to send animals to the butcher to get their meat? I bet that if we get a farming EP we will only get animals that can give you produce other than their own meat. Pretty much like Stardew Valley actually. We'll probably be able to raise baby animals and sell them later, but we will definitely not be able to kill them for meat, no matter how kid friendly the process is. TS4 will always be a game that treats its players like they are 6 year olds unfortunately.

Ha, you're probably right. This game is so risk-free vanilla that they should just go ahead and change the rating to E instead of T.

Either way, I don't really care whether or not harvesting meat would be possible in a farming EP--or even if we get a farming EP at all. I don't see the appeal. Perhaps if horses or a new life-state were involved. Or if we were able to do something other than sell what we harvest, like use the wool to sew clothes. But I like to keep my expectations low. The entire pack would probably just boil down to adding new harvestable crops and feeding some livestock.

To each their own, though.
  • BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »
    They are going to update the game requirements in June, which means they had to make that decision based on something around the game. I remember that this happened when Pets was released in Sims 3. I had heard some chicken noises while playing in StrangerVille. Horses are bigger than cats and dogs, as well as a Farming EP would require a bigger world than what we have so far... It need more than just one single 64x64 lot. I believe this is the Farming EP we are going to get in June. The university one would probably work better released in the Holiday, it is highly requested and would make a lot of money as people would gift it on Christmas. I don't see a Tropical EP coming any sooner, there are other stuff more important, and they just released both Seasons and a Vacation Spot last year.
    I believe that this year we are going to get:
    February: StrangerVille GP
    June: Farming EP
    September: Witches GP
    November: University EP

I agree with everything except a GP coming out in September. I don't remember anything coming out in September for Sims 4? Lately we've gotten 2 ex packs and 1 gp per year. I think a supernatural gp will come out next February. But what do I know? I'm never right!

Frankly, if they make occult players wait another year for an occult, there will be riots.

No, Strangerville doesn't count.

Strangerville definitely doesn't count! Yet I'm seeing many people saying the next pack can't be unrealistic because we just got Strangerville and they don't want anymore-
    Yes everyone have opinions ok, but they talk as if we only got unrealistic until now. And this kinda plum me off. 😑

If you are referring to me, you misunderstood. I never said that we've gotten only unrealistic up until now. Quite the opposite, in fact.
    We got almost nothing unrealistic until now. Yes, some aspects of the packs aren't exactly imitations of real life, and there are unrealistic aspects in all of those packs, but overall, the packs mimic what is generally perceived as real life.
    My fear is that Strangerville being an unrealistic pack, (Despite not being an Occult pack) we won't see another one for a few years more.
    They are going to update the game requirements in June, which means they had to make that decision based on something around the game. I remember that this happened when Pets was released in Sims 3. I had heard some chicken noises while playing in StrangerVille. Horses are bigger than cats and dogs, as well as a Farming EP would require a bigger world than what we have so far... It need more than just one single 64x64 lot. I believe this is the Farming EP we are going to get in June. The university one would probably work better released in the Holiday, it is highly requested and would make a lot of money as people would gift it on Christmas. I don't see a Tropical EP coming any sooner, there are other stuff more important, and they just released both Seasons and a Vacation Spot last year.

I agree with everything except a GP coming out in September. I don't remember anything coming out in September for Sims 4? Lately we've gotten 2 ex packs and 1 gp per year. I think a supernatural gp will come out next February. But what do I know? I'm never right!

Frankly, if they make occult players wait another year for an occult, there will be riots.

Strangerville definitely doesn't count! Yet I'm seeing many people saying the next pack can't be unrealistic because we just got Strangerville and they don't want anymore-
    Yes everyone have opinions ok, but they talk as if we only got unrealistic until now. And this kinda plum me off. 😑

This franchise was never one to focus a lot on the supernatural side. We had the supernatural EP in TS3 and the ocasional lifestate on other EPs, and that was about it. Most of the times the lifestates weren't even playable. So you can't really blame people for not wanting TS4 to suddenly dedicate entire packs to supernatural elements every year, especially when there's still so much "realistic" gameplay missing.

I think they should just release a Supernatural EP with a bunch of lifestates and be done with it. But since they released Vampires separately, I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. They can make a lot more money by releasing an occult at a time. Those who don't want supernaturals could probably easily skip an EP entirely dedicated to them, but when it's a game pack that adds other things like a new world, then they are more likely to buy it even if they aren't interested in the actual lifestate. Also because it's "only" 20 bucks.

Having said that, I think we will see another occult within the next 2 game packs. I personally think they should've released one now instead of Strangerville (while it's a fun and interesting concept, it's such a waste of a gamepack, it literally adds zero long term gameplay to the game. These type of packs should be added near the end of TS4).

It wasn't the focus of the franchise, that's right, but every EP of Sims 2 and Sims 3 had at least one Occult.
    Sims 4 so far focuses on Occults the least. Sims 1 released all or most of its Occult stuff in its very last EP, so the last word isn't spoken yet.
    It has been confirmed multiple times by the Gurus that Sims 4 content will continue to be released at least until 2021.
    What happens after that, nothing official has been shared so far. Many Speculate that Sims 5 is scheduled to be announced in late 2021 and released in early 2022.
    If that turns out to be true, and they stick to their preference on what themes the packs have been having so far, there's room for only one more pack dedicated to Occult stuff.
    So with a Supernatural EP, we'd potentially get more content than with a Witches GP in total.
    I still hope it's a Witches GP though. Because I'd prefer fleshed out Witches but then no more Occults over multiple, watered down Witches having to share the Spotlight with two other, similarly watered down Occults. (Potentially those that weren't my cup of tea in Sims 3)

No I was referring to comments I often see in forums and twitter, people that actually say unrealistic shouldn't be added in the game.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I has to be somehting meaningfully big to the game core or some gameplay that requires an overhaul/fine tunning of some part of the system.
    It could be
    - related to lots: maybe the ability to rotate them at will or have the ability to combine 2 or 3 lot types into 1 (would fit for a Farming/Countrisde EP)
    - something with the terrain such as swimming in bodies of water and creating ponds (ideal for an Island Paradise type of pack)

or I don't know...

Where are you getting this info? To my knowledge the only thing happening with future packs is that they will have higher minimum specs. Sims 4 is already 64bit, there is no overhaul associated with the news of 32bit support being dropped.

@drake_mccarty If that was the case, then there wouldn't be a solid reason why they would risk stop selling packs for the simmers that don't have a 64bit system. They are doing that not to make the game 64bit, cuz the game already is 64bit, but being attached to 32bit was liting them in the dizer If the stuff they would add to the game. Now, they don't have that limit. They can add swimmable bodies of water without fearing lag, they can add biggest worlds without fearing lags, etc
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Literally every expansion pack for Sims 2 and 3 introduced some sort of life state. When speaking about lifestates that weren’t playable there’s ghosts and genies in The Sims 2. Every LS was playable in Sims 3, and besides the two listed above the rest were playable in Sims 2.

So I would say they did put a significant effort into introducing new life states, at least until Sims 4. I never felt they dictated the packs, supernatural aside, so the reason they don’t do it with 4 probably boils down to money. Sims 4 is missing a lot of stuff that gave the other games their charm.
    That doesn't really contradict what I said. When you look at past games and see the packs that were released, they all focused on realistic life simulation features. What I said was "This franchise was never one to focus a lot on the supernatural side", which is true, adding one lifestate on each EP (playable or not), is not exactly what I would consider focusing greatly on supernaturals. But I get what you're saying.

I think part of the reason why they haven't added more lifestates in EPs in TS4 is because of the backlash they got with aliens in GTW. Everyone was complaining about the amount of abductions, and then when they tuned it down, others started complaining about the lack of abductions. They end up not pleasing any side when they put two very different themes together on the same pack. Yes, it has always been done this way, but I guess less people cared back then. It feels like most of the people who play TS4, likes to play it on a more realistic way which is probably another reason why EA aren't focusing on occults that much anymore.
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    I has to be something meaningfully big to the game core or some gameplay that requires an overhaul/fine tunning of some part of the system.
    It could be
    - related to lots: maybe the ability to rotate them at will or have the ability to combine 2 or 3 lot types into 1 (would fit for a Farming/Countryside EP)
    - something with the terrain such as swimming in bodies of water and creating ponds (ideal for an Island Paradise type of pack)

or I don't know...

Where are you getting this info? To my knowledge the only thing happening with future packs is that they will have higher minimum specs. Sims 4 is already 64bit, there is no overhaul associated with the news of 32bit support being dropped.

@drake_mccarty If that was the case, then there wouldn't be a solid reason why they would risk stop selling packs for the simmers that don't have a 64bit system. They are doing that not to make the game 64bit, cuz the game already is 64bit, but being attached to 32bit was liting them in the dizer If the stuff they would add to the game. Now, they don't have that limit. They can add swimmable bodies of water without fearing lag, they can add biggest worlds without fearing lags, etc

Nope. It's for different reasons.

Apple is dropping 32 bit support on MacOS. So EA has to drop 32 bit support for ts4 on mac.

Technically this should be the only thing happening in June but for a lot of different reasons (cutting costs of supporting 32 bit and feeding the additional money to development, preventing backward compability issues with the gallery, preventing Quality Assurance team members from stepping on each other's toes when testing stuff, etc). Doing so would benefit EAxis far more than the cost it would bring because of no 32 bit player buying their games. (which is technically also false considering that the legacy version is not Free for Everyone).

Sure we may see better quality content in the future but it would be a side effect of EAxis dropping 32 bit support. Not the main reason.
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

If you are referring to me, you misunderstood. I never said that we've gotten only unrealistic up until now. Quite the opposite, in fact.
    We got almost nothing unrealistic until now. Yes, some aspects of the packs aren't exactly imitations of real life, and there are unrealistic aspects in all of those packs, but overall, the packs mimic what is generally perceived as real life.
    My fear is that Strangerville being an unrealistic pack, (Despite not being an Occult pack) we won't see another one for a few years more.

This franchise was never one to focus a lot on the supernatural side. We had the supernatural EP in TS3 and the ocasional lifestate on other EPs, and that was about it. Most of the times the lifestates weren't even playable. So you can't really blame people for not wanting TS4 to suddenly dedicate entire packs to supernatural elements every year, especially when there's still so much "realistic" gameplay missing.

I think they should just release a Supernatural EP with a bunch of lifestates and be done with it. But since they released Vampires separately, I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. They can make a lot more money by releasing an occult at a time. Those who don't want supernaturals could probably easily skip an EP entirely dedicated to them, but when it's a game pack that adds other things like a new world, then they are more likely to buy it even if they aren't interested in the actual lifestate. Also because it's "only" 20 bucks.

Having said that, I think we will see another occult within the next 2 game packs. I personally think they should've released one now instead of Strangerville (while it's a fun and interesting concept, it's such a waste of a gamepack, it literally adds zero long term gameplay to the game. These type of packs should be added near the end of TS4).

It wasn't the focus of the franchise, that's right, but every EP of Sims 2 and Sims 3 had at least one Occult.
    Sims 4 so far focuses on Occults the least. Sims 1 released all or most of its Occult stuff in its very last EP, so the last word isn't spoken yet.
    It has been confirmed multiple times by the Gurus that Sims 4 content will continue to be released at least until 2021.
    What happens after that, nothing official has been shared so far. Many Speculate that Sims 5 is scheduled to be announced in late 2021 and released in early 2022.
    If that turns out to be true, and they stick to their preference on what themes the packs have been having so far, there's room for only one more pack dedicated to Occult stuff.
    So with a Supernatural EP, we'd potentially get more content than with a Witches GP in total.
    I still hope it's a Witches GP though. Because I'd prefer fleshed out Witches but then no more Occults over multiple, watered down Witches having to share the Spotlight with two other, similarly watered down Occults. (Potentially those that weren't my cup of tea in Sims 3)

No I was referring to comments I often see in forums and twitter, people that actually say unrealistic shouldn't be added in the game.

Those make me angry too. As if us Occult players should simply be left with nothing.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2019

Those make me angry too. As if us Occult players should simply be left with nothing.

I agree its not fair to us
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member

I agree 200%.

I honestly don't feel like The Sims was ever meant to be a realistic game in the first place. I think realistic play is merely a possibility . Initially, the game was like a soap opera, an overdramatization of a made-up world that was merely a parody of the one we live in. The Sims used to break the fourth wall and look up at the player and complain and sometimes wave their arms to get attention...which essentially acknowledged the player as God. So if the player is God, then really, anything goes. Also, even Sims 1 had magic in it. So yeah, Occults definitely belong and need more representation.
    #Team Occult
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

I agree 200%.

I honestly don't feel like The Sims was ever meant to be a realistic game in the first place. I think realistic play is merely a possibility . Initially, the game was like a soap opera, an overdramatization of a made-up world that was merely a parody of the one we live in. The Sims used to break the fourth wall and look up at the player and complain and sometimes wave their arms to get attention...which essentially acknowledged the player as God. So if the player is God, then really, anything goes. Also, even Sims 1 had magic in it. So yeah, Occults definitely belong and need more representation.

I heard or read somewhere that Sims 1 was originally intended as a design tool for architects, helping them plan a layout and come up with designs.
    Live mode with the Sims themselves was added to test if a design was functional. It turned out to be so much fun, the Sim City devs caught interest, took over, tweaked and expanded it, and then released it as a videogame.
    No idea if this is true.

If it was intended as an exact copy of real life, governments would use it to pretest new laws and regulations, and we'd have no chance to get our hands on it.
    LiELF wrote: »

I agree 200%.

I heard or read somewhere that Sims 1 was originally intended as a design tool for architects, helping them plan a layout and come up with designs.
    Live mode with the Sims themselves was added to test if a design was functional. It turned out to be so much fun, the Sim City devs caught interest, took over, tweaked and expanded it, and then released it as a videogame.
    No idea if this is true.

If it was intended as an exact copy of real life, governments would use it to pretest new laws and regulations, and we'd have no chance to get our hands on it.

I think the sims was always suppose to be what it was
    they even talk to the guy who made this when they were making it
    https://youtu.be/rYz_leh9J3E
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I think pretty much every Simmer is convinced that their play style is getting the shaft. As far as I'm concerned, GF did introduce a new life form (celebrity spawn), and we haven't had anything for families since Seasons (and that really had something for everyone). I'm hoping for an education pack (not University) or hobbies pack for my families. It seems like everything caters to YA drama-rama.

That said, I would disagree with anyone who says that the game was always focused on 'realistic' game play - Strangerville is part of a long tradition of the weirder side of Sims. (Servo, Plantsims, etc.) We are way overdue for witches. It's not just the occult wing of fans wanting them - I think there's broad appeal across a lot of Simmers. But, I want them done right - not in an expansion pack in which every life form is thrown in to pacify the supernatural fans, but in their own pack, with same care given to vampires.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I feel that if we got cars - it would be a very little thing - like my first pets deal - which I know we all don't want after how well received that one was... but I don't know how well it would mesh with other things people want to or what that pack could have with it - cars annnnnnnd

I think if we got cars they'd patch in some base models for all players, then do an SP like Sims 3's Fast Lane Stuff adding additional models and decor for furnishing garages.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2019

There is a significant chunk of the Sims community that do not want any sort of occults in their games. Some object due to religious reasons (or if they're under 18, their parents object), others just want a more realistic experience and occults/magic doesn't really fit into that mode. Having a smaller but more in-depth treatment in GPs works well, and could open the door to more supernaturals being introduced.

To me, TS3 Supernatural was just overload -- added three occults and none of them really fleshed out. I hated that witches automatically used broomsticks for traveling, and the zombies were flat out awful. Plus instead of creating new Sims the game would turn existing townies into assorted supernaturals which basically ruined most of my gameplay. If I was courting Christopher Steel in a save and when I came back, the game made him a werewolf, or if on a date be became a temporary zombie, that's bound to break immersion.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

I think pretty much every Simmer is convinced that their play style is getting the shaft. As far as I'm concerned, GF did introduce a new life form (celebrity spawn), and we haven't had anything for families since Seasons (and that really had something for everyone). I'm hoping for an education pack (not University) or hobbies pack for my families. It seems like everything caters to YA drama-rama.

That said, I would disagree with anyone who says that the game was always focused on 'realistic' game play - Strangerville is part of a long tradition of the weirder side of Sims. (Servo, Plantsims, etc.) We are way overdue for witches. It's not just the occult wing of fans wanting them - I think there's broad appeal across a lot of Simmers. But, I want them done right - not in an expansion pack in which every life form is thrown in to pacify the supernatural fans, but in their own pack, with same care given to vampires.

what I meant was I don't think its fair for others to say our play style shouldn't be in game @invisiblgirl
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

But here's the problem. It is not "the big" computer update. it's just kind of a bugfix patch that drops 32 bit support

Except it's very likely that it's coming in a pre-expansion patch, and those are always big.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

But here's the problem. It is not "the big" computer update. it's just kind of a bugfix patch that drops 32 bit support

Except it's very likely that it's coming in a pre-expansion patch, and those are always big.

Even if there is no pack coming in June, the end of 32 bit support is going to be huge. They're going to want to fix as many bugs as possible for those 32 bit players before the support ends.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I just saw something on twitter. What I was thinking about a pack is this.

The Sims 4 Tropical Paradise
    A new beach world based on Spanish/Caribbean islands and Hawaii
    New radio stations - Reggae and calypso
    New harvestables - Pineapple and coconut
    New dance moves - Hula dance
    New objects - Lounge chairs and surfing station
    New skills - Surfing, hula dancing
    New aspirations - Surfer
    New traits - Loves water, hates water

What do you think the expansion will be for June 2019?

I hope not it sounds lame
    elelunicy wrote: »

Grant spoke about Farming very skeptically last year (he didn’t think Farming would do too well against other themes people want). Since it takes over a year to make an EP, if they didn’t decide on a farming pack back then, a farming EP releasing this year is unlikely.

he must of not been reading online. farming is a requested theme
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MitsuXPMitsuXP Posts: 4 New Member
    I would like to have University Pack or Cars Pack in Sims 4. Or something relative to Elementary/high school/College pack. That we are more into the skill building for kids, teens, and young adults. I miss having our own Cars in Sims. Probably have new sports cars or luxury cars. My Sims would like some Tesla or Mustang. lol
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

The number of players who participate in online discussion of the game is extremely small. TS4 has over 10 million players and they make games for the entire player base, not the vocal minority online. They absolutely do not base their decision on whoever shout the loudest on the forums and other social media channels.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Everybody, let's not fight over what we wanted, let's all wait until April, how about that?
    edited March 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

The number of players who participate in online discussion of the game is extremely small. TS4 has over 10 million players and they make games for the entire player base, not the vocal minority online. They absolutely do not base their decision on whoever shout the loudest on the forums and other social media channels.

its not a big community, agree with that!
    however,
    I disagree with you.
    farming is a popular request to some of the fans.
    may not be for some of you but some people want it in the game.

request for the sims 4 themes are everywhere

facebook
    twitter
    here
    other blogs/websites

some of which can be pretty load compared to this website

I already know EA don't listen to most of there fans ;)

people have been asking for university and supernaturals and we got strangerville
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited March 2019
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member

First one sounds like a sim doing an active lab experiment then new flirting interactions.
    y'all got bread?
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    This is all I have ever wanted! A beach town is a must for me at this point!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sims 3 horses are Sims and they said they took over 3 years just to make them - so chances of horses unless they were started two years ago are pretty far out if you ask me. Each one also takes a slot on your allowable sims. Never mind they take huge lots...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....