Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019

I just saw something on twitter. What I was thinking about a pack is this.

The Sims 4 Tropical Paradise
A new beach world based on Spanish/Caribbean islands and Hawaii
New radio stations - Reggae and calypso
New harvestables - Pineapple and coconut
New dance moves - Hula dance
New objects - Lounge chairs and surfing station
New skills - Surfing, hula dancing
New aspirations - Surfer
New traits - Loves water, hates water

What do you think the expansion will be for June 2019?

Comments

• AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    I hope its something good .so far I'm only interested in seasons and get to work.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

New aspirations - Surfer

Hope this is what it is plus with resorts,swimming in the ocean,beach activities and more pool items.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    I love all of these ideas but if it is a farming themed one with horses it will make my whole day! No matter what it is I am excited! Love adding new things into my game!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    They are going to update the game requirements in June, which means they had to make that decision based on something around the game. I remember that this happened when Pets was released in Sims 3. I had heard some chicken noises while playing in StrangerVille. Horses are bigger than cats and dogs, as well as a Farming EP would require a bigger world than what we have so far... It need more than just one single 64x64 lot. I believe this is the Farming EP we are going to get in June. The university one would probably work better released in the Holiday, it is highly requested and would make a lot of money as people would gift it on Christmas. I don't see a Tropical EP coming any sooner, there are other stuff more important, and they just released both Seasons and a Vacation Spot last year.
    I believe that this year we are going to get:
    February: StrangerVille GP
    June: Farming EP
    September: Witches GP
    November: University EP
    Listen, if R&B radio station didn't show up until 2020, I'll be very dead as heck!
  • IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    I am hoping for University or an Island Paradise themed EP as well but after the surprise of Strangerville then it could be anything :D
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    everyone keeps chatting about University or something Supernatural - my bets are on these - I have never played with either so I'm feeling pretty open minded with this teaser
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can't see a destination-vacation as an EP. I was predicting a futuristic EP (not something I want, but not something I'd hate, either), but that would seem a bit overkill after Strangerville. I should think that witches would be a GP, unless they do a general supernatural pack (in which case, I'll pass unless there are toggles to turn off life forms).

The change in computer requirements (no longer supporting 32-bit) might hint toward an active-play university, but I would hope that they wouldn't forget the family players, and that the pack would also include education options for all ages. Returning to a tried-and-true concept after the surprise of Strangerville also seems rather likely.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I guess this also means no paid content until then.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hmm,

The only Expansions I'm in the Market for are:
    Farming
    University

The chance that this Expansion is a Sorcerer's EP, (It better be solely focused on Sorcerers and Magic) is slim. but if it is 🙌🏾
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    I hope it's Farming tbh!
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

New aspirations - Surfer

Owning and managing resorts or hotels would be cool as well!
    a256aFi.gif
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Does this mean that they’ll be changing the game’s minimum requirements so that it can handle more resources for more immersive gameplay? eg. open world? cars?

(SimGuruGrant once stated that open worlds is still possible only if they change the minimum requirements of the game iirc.)

I truly don’t see open world coming out soon and i’m a bit more excited on an open university expansion and cars.
    y'all got bread?
    edited March 2019
    I has to be somehting meaningfully big to the game core or some gameplay that requires an overhaul/fine tunning of some part of the system.
    It could be
    - related to lots: maybe the ability to rotate them at will or have the ability to combine 2 or 3 lot types into 1 (would fit for a Farming/Countrisde EP)
    - something with the terrain such as swimming in bodies of water and creating ponds (ideal for an Island Paradise type of pack)

or I don't know...

New aspirations - Surfer

I love your idea, but Spanish and Caribbean are wildly different, Spain being in a completely different sea (Mediterranean) and having a completely different culture. As well as Hawaiian is from both Spanish and Caribbean.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Honestly.. /to me/ they've done the "realistic" packs and expansions to death on sims 4, i keep hearing people say they want a toggle to turn off supernatural things if it comes out >.> which.. honestly I think is sort of silly.. if there is actually a pack coming out it would be nice if it were fantasy/medieval themed and had magoc and the like, farming was also a thing in medieval times so it would still be possible and it would kill two birds with one stone (I'd be making Eragon.. The book version mind you..) I'd generally just love something "occult" or something Star Warsy.. as I keep mentioning..

That said, I don't mind the people who want other things, I'd buy University, or just normal Farming.. wouldn't even askfor a toggle to get rid of cars..
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Does this mean that they’ll be changing the game’s minimum requirements so that it can handle more resources for more immersive gameplay? eg. open world? cars?

(SimGuruGrant once stated that open worlds is still possible only if they change the minimum requirements of the game iirc.)

I truly don’t see open world coming out soon and i’m a bit more excited on an open university expansion and cars.

Highly unlikely because they would have to rework all ts4 worlds and it would take more than a year to do so.

And let me speak generally here, i don't think the change of requirements is any related to future content. If the CPU and Graphic card requirements were changed then sure. But the simple change of using more RAM doesn't sound like a big improvement.

I think EA is doing this for windows as well as Mac because this way they can lower their costs (they could do this before but they had no good excuses for it) which means more revenue. Something we all know EA loves.

As for the next Expansion Pack, i'm hoping it's either University or something Occult fans actually want
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I hope that for paid content we get another game pack in April and an expansion in June. I would imagine one of them to be 'education' based, so either a uni expansion or a new take on that like parenthood did with generations. I would like to see tropical paradise, and I think that if we do get farming or cars it will be later than the first half of 2019. Fingers crossed for some news next month
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Personally I would love a Supernatural EP with werewolves, witches and fairies. That would be my ideal, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I wouldn't be surprised if University / School comes next, but then I also wouldn't be surprised if the next EP is something completely new. I don't think it'll be farming, but never say never. It's not something I'm particularly interested in, but then I would love horses and nectar making if that came with it. I really want a tropical vacation world, but also think that's more likely to come in a GP. A romance / wedding pack pack would be great too, but again I think that's more likely to be a GP. We'll just have to wait and see.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Yes.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers! i'm with MasonGamer and FreezerBunnyCowplant, I would love a farming ep, then an island Paradise pk, followed by University :)
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hey Simmers! Simmers! Before we go with University, how about we go with a stuff pack with an R&B station in Spring 2019 or a Legacy Edition with an R&B station in June 2019, Tropical Paradise in Summer 2019 first, how's that?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm asking myself.

In view of the fact that people with 32bit or Mac low end computers won't be able to buy/use new Sims 4 packs after February 28th. What is the pack that might persuade Simmers to upgrade their machines or get a new PC or Mac to buy it?