Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If it's not university, many many people will be mad!
    I wont be one of them I would be happy about just about anything over University besides Supernatural another active career expansion or some out there theme like Strangerville. Give me a Hot Date/Late Night type expansion with cars, Generations, or a Beach Expansion.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I wont be one of them I would be happy about just about anything over University besides Supernatural another active career expansion or some out there theme like Strangerville. Give me a Hot Date/Late Night type expansion with cars, Generations, or a Beach Expansion.
    Together with nightlife themes, we already got Get Together with DJ booths, City Living with a big urban city, and Get Famous with fame.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019

I agree.

University is a very popular request, but personally I have never really been that into University. I always thought the Uni EP's were very boring and grindy, just not my thing.

I would love to have a proper Generations EP though. I loved Sims 3 Generations. It was my favorite EP (besides Seasons).

Also another world like Sunlit Tides would be a welcome addition. Not as a destination/vacation world, but more a normal world where our Sims can live.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope it's something interesting, that gives valuable gameplay. I want something that keeps me interested more than 1 week.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    26th of June is a Wednesday. I don't think we get packs on Wednesdays.

Also, while letters are in Simlish in game, numbers are always either Roman (I, II, X etc) or Arabic (0-9) numerals.

Yes we get EPs on Friday.
  • Options
    NewPizzaGodNewPizzaGod Posts: 1 New Member
    Why do people want University so badly? I don't get it. Someone explain. The pack is so boring. There's nothing going on. You just go to college and back to the dorm, study for the day and that's it....I don't want this expansion to take space on my PC. I'd rather see more fantasy, mythology, archeology, space, witches and Hogwarts type of school, a mythology pack where you can get to ancient Greece and see people in togas and get turned to stone by Medusa when searching for gems or something, you get to woohoo with gods and give birth to weird creatures, I want mermaids, resorts, China and Egypt like in T3, a gothic pack where you can be a funeral director and you can let people choose what type of urn they want (the base game urns are ugly af and I demand something less The Sims 1 looking) or a nice tombstone. I'm not a type that gets smart sims and takes them to college and boring jobs, I'm a dark personality that wants more magic in the game. Scary type of ghosts would be nice too like for people who were bad in life so they got tuned into poltergeists with a scary face. A prehistoric expansion, farm, hairstylists and more animals, that's what I's like. Yeah.
  • Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    iBrow wrote: »
    Um I just opened my game to play and you know that generic sims music that plays? Yeah, mine sounded slowed down with a reggae beat - hint of a tropical pack??

Are you Serious? Maybe it came with the April Patch. That's a strong hint.

They’re almost certainly just talking about the remixed main theme from either Seasons or Get Famous, i.e. old news and definitely not a hint.

Hi sorry for the super late response but I've had both of those packs for a good minute now and I've literally never heard the reggae theme that I did when starting up my game on the main menu page. I always play religiously when I get a new pack so I can explore all the new things and then I stopped for a while bc life got busy and started again after the April patch which is when I heard it so idkidk but I personally think it's a hint
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Um I just opened my game to play and you know that generic sims music that plays? Yeah, mine sounded slowed down with a reggae beat - hint of a tropical pack??

Are you Serious? Maybe it came with the April Patch. That's a strong hint.

They’re almost certainly just talking about the remixed main theme from either Seasons or Get Famous, i.e. old news and definitely not a hint.

Hi sorry for the super late response but I've had both of those packs for a good minute now and I've literally never heard the reggae theme that I did when starting up my game on the main menu page. I always play religiously when I get a new pack so I can explore all the new things and then I stopped for a while bc life got busy and started again after the April patch which is when I heard it so idkidk but I personally think it's a hint

They did not add a new theme recently. If they did, people would know that by now.

Currently, one of the four themes (original base game theme, Cats & Dogs theme, base game theme Seasons remix, and base game theme Get Famous remix) plays randomly at the start of the game. There isn’t a newly added fifth one.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have zero interest in an island paradise pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    If anything the animals would be like they are in Sims 3. You collect the chicken eggs from the coup and milk from the cow. If they add pigs to the game then it'll be like Wilber a pet and show pig.

Maybe when it dies from natural causes you get money enough for a ham grand meal, I don't think that's too negative.

Also, what do you call a chicken coop with 4 doors?

A chicken sedan.
    Lol
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    What people seem to be asking for right now are witches, university, tropical vacation spot with beaches or farms. So I think it will be one of those.

I'm hoping for University since that was one of my favorite packs for the sims3, but I do not think that will be the case, my money is on a tropical vacation spot, it after all makes sense to have it in June.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    If anything the animals would be like they are in Sims 3. You collect the chicken eggs from the coup and milk from the cow. If they add pigs to the game then it'll be like Wilber a pet and show pig.

Maybe when it dies from natural causes you get money enough for a ham grand meal, I don't think that's too negative.

Also, what do you call a chicken coop with 4 doors?

A chicken sedan.
    Lol

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ LMAO
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    logion wrote: »
    What people seem to be asking for right now are witches, university, tropical vacation spot with beaches or farms. So I think it will be one of those.

I'm hoping for University since that was one of my favorite packs for the sims3, but I do not think that will be the case, my money is on a tropical vacation spot, it after all makes sense to have it in June.

I would be fine with both, but I've wanted an Island pack FOREVER!
  • Options
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Together with nightlife themes, we already got Get Together with DJ booths, City Living with a big urban city, and Get Famous with fame.
    Since we already got a couple features from University like streaking and protesting guess we dont need that either and correction I meant Hot Date/Nightlife not Late Night get those two mixed up... I'm looking for features like turn ons/turn offs, romance interactions and slow dancing, Mrs Crummplebottom and cars. I could less about the worlds or objects we have got from those packs because they are pretty boring because they were not introduced in a real dating pack and the game play feels empty. Yes my Sims can dance with the DJ booth but they cant dance together actual interaction from the packs I mentioned is what is missing.
  • Options
    PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

I would be fine with both, but I've wanted an Island pack FOREVER!

Me too or a travelling/vacation pack with tropical ressorts or places
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I honestly would be kinda sad if the next EP turns out to be University. Where I live nobody makes a big deal out of going to college, so I honestly don't get all the hype. I'd take a "Education" pack with playable daycare, elementary school, high school, proms, homecomings, different after school studies and university though! But since that's probably never happening I'm Tropical Island pack all the way.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Since we already got a couple features from University like streaking and protesting guess we dont need that either and correction I meant Hot Date/Nightlife not Late Night get those two mixed up... I'm looking for features like turn ons/turn offs, romance interactions and slow dancing, Mrs Crummplebottom and cars. I could less about the worlds or objects we have got from those packs because they are pretty boring because they were not introduced in a real dating pack and the game play feels empty. Yes my Sims can dance with the DJ booth but they cant dance together actual interaction from the packs I mentioned is what is missing.

This. I'd forgo a new world for a romance pack. Also I'm using Sacrificial's Slowdance Mod.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

I just saw something on twitter. What I was thinking about a pack is this.

The Sims 4 Tropical Paradise
    A new beach world based on Spanish/Caribbean islands and Hawaii
    New radio stations - Reggae and calypso
    New harvestables - Pineapple and coconut
    New dance moves - Hula dance
    New objects - Lounge chairs and surfing station
    New skills - Surfing, hula dancing
    New aspirations - Surfer
    New traits - Loves water, hates water

What do you think the expansion will be for June 2019?

a bunch of people are believing this is true cause a retailer posted this on their website haha
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    After this stunt, I'm never trusting those websites with 'leaked into' again...
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »

New aspirations - Surfer

a bunch of people are believing this is true cause a retailer posted this on their website haha
    It needs to be fake surfing should be locked to the ocean not an object.
  • Options
    gardenlobstergardenlobster Posts: 16 Member
    I think they'll release something in June, but I don't think it'll be a full EP. More likely a GP or SP. Game studios release AAA titles late in the year in time for the holidays, and we know we're getting one SP, one GP, and one EP before the end of October. I definitely think we'll get something in June, given the architecture update, and we'll probably see something in August in time for student finance refunds in the US (this just makes sense from a business standpoint). I bet the EP comes out last, sometime in October.

That said, I'd love to have a beachy vacation world GP. I personally hate camping, and rooting around ancient temples doesn't interest me, so a vacation world I'd use would be greatly appreciated.

Whatever the EP, I just hope it has a new world and as many editable lots as Get Together had.
  • Options
    gardenlobstergardenlobster Posts: 16 Member
    > @gardenlobster said:
    > That said, I'd love to have a plum vacation world GP. I personally hate camping, and rooting around ancient temples doesn't interest me, so a vacation world I'd use would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Whatever the EP, I just hope it has a new world and as many editable lots as Get Together had.

I said beachy, not plum. As in, sand and shores. Not sure if a content filter messed up there.
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »

New aspirations - Surfer

Thank you!
  • Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, guys and girls! Iron Seagull is right, he does see it on the retail thing. And I’m totally correct! Tropical Paradise is The Sims 4’s fourth version of the Vacation, Bon Voyage, and Island Paradise, and you all know that the beach is a fun place for us to go swimming, relax and build sandcastles!
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    [quote="12JEREMIA;c-17065716"]Ladies and Gentlemen, guys and girls! Iron Seagull is right, he does see it on the retail thing. And I’m totally correct! Tropical Paradise is The Sims 4’s fourth version of the Vacation, Bon Voyage, and Island Paradise, and you all know that the beach is a fun place for us to go swimming, relax and build sandcastles![/quote]

If so, I selfishly hope they have mermaids. Make them so they don't appear in game unless you do some very specific interaction -that way people who don't like to play the occult can keep them out but still get the rest of the stuff. I really loved house boats in TS4, I'd love diving again and swimming at the beach. I wonder what they will add to make it worthy of being an EP? I don't think we'd get houseboats again because of the way they do lots. I imagine resorts would return?