Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019

Comments

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2019
    As far as EP's go, I want university and I'm almost positive that's what we are getting in June.

As for GP's, there's so much I want like cars (maybe that could be an EP?), romance, hobbies, islands/water abilities, babies, and a kids and elders pack. Seems like most of them would be a GP but I could be wrong. Farming is cool too.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I feel that if we got cars - it would be a very little thing - like my first pets deal - which I know we all don't want after how well received that one was... but I don't know how well it would mesh with other things people want to or what that pack could have with it - cars annnnnnnd
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe the update is necessary for us to go SWIMMING
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Keep your eyes on @GrimSuruDoi 's Twitter. There's another round of voting coming today. He said about 5 hours and that was a couple of hours ago. :)
    https://twitter.com/GrimSuruDoi
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I wonder if going 64bit will allow more Sims per household? This would be useful in a University or Farming world and more realistic.

I would love that, but seems like that won't happen :(

It can be done if you use a mod. I just expect they don't want to bother with it as it is too much time, expense and trouble for them. TwistedMexi has found a way with his mod (up to 24).I haven't tried it out though.

I was hoping it might come with University or Farming now we are going only 64bit. Grant couldn't say in January what would happen in June.

Yet somehow the first person camera isn't. Right....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I wonder if going 64bit will allow more Sims per household? This would be useful in a University or Farming world and more realistic.

I would love that, but seems like that won't happen :(

It can be done if you use a mod. I just expect they don't want to bother with it as it is too much time, expense and trouble for them. TwistedMexi has found a way with his mod (up to 24).I haven't tried it out though.

I was hoping it might come with University or Farming now we are going only 64bit. Grant couldn't say in January what would happen in June.

Yet somehow the first person camera isn't. Right....

First person camera was something that a SimGuru came up with ON HIS OWN TIME. It took ZERO resources away from anything official they were working on. They have said this repeatedly.
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    I love seeing what everyone wants and I have a lot of the same feelings. I'm not that big of a fan for a farming pack, but if you guys are excited about it, sure. The sims has to cater to all gaming types. I'd really love an island paradise kind or university. But what makes you all speculate that these are coming? Have you read tweets or found easter eggs in the game?
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2019
    With them doing two EPs a year now I suspect one will be a staple of the series that replicates real life and the other something that is nice to have but not essential.

Like last year Seasons was the staple of the series and then Get Famous was nice to have but kind of 'out there' as a theme and not something regular people do in their every day lives.

Hopefully university will be the staple and something brand new to the franchise will introduced in the other EP of 2019.

Strangerville has just come out so hopefully the pack that fits in with everyday people's lives will be next.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    With them doing two EPs a year now I suspect one will be a staple of the series that replicates real life and the other something that is nice to have but not essential.

Like last year Seasons was the staple of the series and then Get Famous was nice to have but kind of 'out there' as a theme and not something regular people do in their every day lives.

Hopefully university will be the staple and something brand new to the franchise will introduced in the other EP of 2019.

Strangerville has just come out so hopefully the pack that fits in with everyday people's lives will be next.

Odds are it will be.
    Strangerville is the first pack in over a year that isn't what many call "a Realistic pack".
    Yes, it's a small minority of people who are filmstars or archeologists, but it is still considered "Realistic".
    There are players that don't care about realistic packs but want to play with vampires, witches, zombies, fairies, mermaids...
    Most of those Occult players wouldn't complain about University but are waiting for Witches. I'm one of them.
    And us Occult players haven't gotten anything since Vampires GP in January 2017. And some of us are starting to get angry.
    The Release of Strangerville, no matter how much or little we like it, has us worried that the devs count that as a bone they give us, so they can say "You have Vampires and Strangerville" for the next two years as they pump out one realistic pack after the other.
    We don't count the Plantsims or the Skeletons in JA, as they just don't offer enough to keep us playing them for long.
    In Sims 3, I played almost exclusively with witches, but there was a family with a werewolf child I sort of miss.

In short, I hope for Witches.
    With the focus on "Realistic" content, TS4 seems to have, It's all I'm waiting/hoping for at this point.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Supporting 32bit, they have to restrict themselves to what 32bit can do. They can't make anything that works on 64bit but doesn't work on 32bit. So currently it is a 32bit game with optionalö 64bit support that doesn't really do anything besides allow the game to use more RAM.
    Dropping 32bit, they can start adding features 32bit is unable to support.

The entire speculation here is based on the assumption that they'll give such a feature to us right as the patch comes out that drops 32bit.
    I have no idea how likely this is, but I think it's very likely that they plan to release such a feature or features, whatever that may be, eventually.

I could see it being a campus world with a small number of very big lots. One of them may even exceed 64x64. But that's just speculation. Don't base your hopes and dreams on it.

On the topic of farming packs, I think adding animals would be done in the object-creature kind of way so that cows and chicken would be tied to their coops and pens just like babies to their cribs. That way, they'd still have to animate the animals, but wouldn't have to worry about adding complicated AI.
    While pigs fit thematically, how would you depict a sim collecting sellable or eatable items from a pig? They'd have to imply that your Sim kills an animal offscreen and comes out of the hut or the rabbit hole with a piece of ham, steak or bacon in his inventory. Maybe they can do that in a way that keeps it childish, silly and funny, but I don't see how this is possible.
    So I don't think Pigs are going to be a thing.
    Horses perhaps, as they are highly requested, but as you can't take them off the lot to ride, as they would be animated objects just as well.
    For proper farming experience, you'd need a huge lot and a way to plant, water, get rid of pests, evolve and harvest 12 plants at once or more, so you actually have fields of crops. I don't think any farmer tends to each grain of wheat on his field individually as you do with plants in your garden.
    If we get a farming pack at all, I hope we get a bunch of off the grid gameplay with it.
    Off the grid stuff would also fit for a post-apocalypse kind of pack, but I doubt they'll ever do that.

Off the grid would also fit with a farming Medieval pack. I don’t think there would be such a problem having pigs in a farming pack. We already have fish that can be eaten, and a ham or turkey in the great meal. They don’t have to show butchering the pigs, cows, goats, or chickens, they can do it the same way they do for fish. I think even most children know that the meat they eat were once live animals.

Off the grid would be the reason why I would buy a farming pack. Not the Animals.
    I can very well see Cows, Chicken and Sheep being added. But adding Pigs might be controversial.
    And about Kids knowing that meat was one a living animal: No, actually not. Many Kids have no idea that milk has anything to do with cows or that eggs have anything to do with chickens. They think all that just comes from the store, not having any idea where the store gets all of that from. I've met teenagers who never seen a forest up close IRL and didn't have an idea about cotton being a plant.

That is sad! Children and up should be taught by their parents where meat actually comes from! I don't understand how it is such a controversial subject when we already have cooked meats in the game. Perhaps a farming pack could shed light and almost be a learning experience for many players! Meat does not appear out of thin air. If you eat meat, you should have a basic understanding that it comes from butchered animals.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Supporting 32bit, they have to restrict themselves to what 32bit can do. They can't make anything that works on 64bit but doesn't work on 32bit. So currently it is a 32bit game with optionalö 64bit support that doesn't really do anything besides allow the game to use more RAM.

The entire speculation here is based on the assumption that they'll give such a feature to us right as the patch comes out that drops 32bit.
    I have no idea how likely this is, but I think it's very likely that they plan to release such a feature or features, whatever that may be, eventually.

I could see it being a campus world with a small number of very big lots. One of them may even exceed 64x64. But that's just speculation. Don't base your hopes and dreams on it.

On the topic of farming packs, I think adding animals would be done in the object-creature kind of way so that cows and chicken would be tied to their coops and pens just like babies to their cribs. That way, they'd still have to animate the animals, but wouldn't have to worry about adding complicated AI.
    While pigs fit thematically, how would you depict a sim collecting sellable or eatable items from a pig? They'd have to imply that your Sim kills an animal offscreen and comes out of the hut or the rabbit hole with a piece of ham, steak or bacon in his inventory. Maybe they can do that in a way that keeps it childish, silly and funny, but I don't see how this is possible.
    Horses perhaps, as they are highly requested, but as you can't take them off the lot to ride, as they would be animated objects just as well.
    For proper farming experience, you'd need a huge lot and a way to plant, water, get rid of pests, evolve and harvest 12 plants at once or more, so you actually have fields of crops. I don't think any farmer tends to each grain of wheat on his field individually as you do with plants in your garden.
    If we get a farming pack at all, I hope we get a bunch of off the grid gameplay with it.
    Off the grid stuff would also fit for a post-apocalypse kind of pack, but I doubt they'll ever do that.

Off the grid would also fit with a farming Medieval pack. I don’t think there would be such a problem having pigs in a farming pack. We already have fish that can be eaten, and a ham or turkey in the great meal. They don’t have to show butchering the pigs, cows, goats, or chickens, they can do it the same way they do for fish. I think even most children know that the meat they eat were once live animals.

Off the grid would be the reason why I would buy a farming pack. Not the Animals.
    I can very well see Cows, Chicken and Sheep being added. But adding Pigs might be controversial.
    And about Kids knowing that meat was one a living animal: No, actually not. Many Kids have no idea that milk has anything to do with cows or that eggs have anything to do with chickens. They think all that just comes from the store, not having any idea where the store gets all of that from. I've met teenagers who never seen a forest up close IRL and didn't have an idea about cotton being a plant.

No offense, but you can’t be serious with this. Kids live in a world where *literally* anything they want to know is just a few taps away. If anything kids are more informed now, than say 10-15 years ago. Don’t even begin to say kids don’t know where food comes from. They. Do. There is nothing controversial about farming, pigs, or anything that’s been brought up as a serious idea so far. If EA wants to do a farming pack they’re going to have to add new stuff to it. Harvesting plants is a base game activity, adding animals is the next logical step and it makes absolutely no sense to add animals if they don’t produce something to use/sell. This doesn’t imply any violence, gore, or any inappropriate content will be added - people need to get away from that idea. This is Sims 4, they can add in ways to collect meat from pigs without doing anything upsetting or disturbing. Sure some people will still find the idea of eating animals disturbing, but sometimes you have to live with things.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I don’t know where you live at that kids don’t know those things but that’s pretty sad. I learned where milk, eggs, meat, etc. come from back in elementary school.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    NojiNoji Posts: 3 New Member
    I really hope that we'll get horses. Since Sims3 they are the thing i'm missing the most. An expansion pack including horses AND farming would be such a dream! o:)
  • Options

No offense, but you can’t be serious with this. Kids live in a world where *literally* anything they want to know is just a few taps away. If anything kids are more informed now, than say 10-15 years ago. Don’t even begin to say kids don’t know where food comes from. They. Do. There is nothing controversial about farming, pigs, or anything that’s been brought up as a serious idea so far. If EA wants to do a farming pack they’re going to have to add new stuff to it. Harvesting plants is a base game activity, adding animals is the next logical step and it makes absolutely no sense to add animals if they don’t produce something to use/sell. This doesn’t imply any violence, gore, or any inappropriate content will be added - people need to get away from that idea. This is Sims 4, they can add in ways to collect meat from pigs without doing anything upsetting or disturbing. Sure some people will still find the idea of eating animals disturbing, but sometimes you have to live with things.

I actually am serious with it. I met kids and teenagers IRL and they had no idea.
    Yes, that was about ten years ago, but that is way too little for something like that to drastically change without being noticed.
    There are a lot of things people google when they're bored before coming up with "Where does my food come from" or "Where does the store get all that food from".
    Including what animal has the largest p... um... tail. Yes. Tail.
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2019

I actually am serious with it. I met kids and teenagers IRL and they had no idea.
    Yes, that was about ten years ago, but that is way too little for something like that to drastically change without being noticed.
    There are a lot of things people google when they're bored before coming up with "Where does my food come from" or "Where does the store get all that food from".

Doubtful. Knowing that meat comes from an animal is extremely basic knowledge that gets taught early on. Unless we're talking about literal toddlers, there's no reason why a child wouldn't have the critical thinking skills to put two and two together and/or simply look it up. If they have access to a computer to play the Sims, they have access to the information. Children are curious, and a child young enough to somehow be oblivious to where their food comes from will have asked the question. You're not giving kids enough credit.

Anyway, the modder KawaiiStacie made a farming mod and I'm pretty sure an official farming pack will handle the harvesting of meat the way she did.

a27d24_2f3fd9f4c2444230a1a62d1866d94c86~mv2.webp

You just send the animal off and the meat will be in your sims inventory. Nothing violent or shocking.

• Options
    gemjas wrote: »

Doubtful. Knowing that meat comes from an animal is extremely basic knowledge that gets taught early on. Unless we're talking about literal toddlers, there's no reason why a child wouldn't have the critical thinking skills to put two and two together and/or simply look it up. If they have access to a computer to play the Sims, they have access to the information. Children are curious, and a child young enough to somehow be oblivious to where their food comes from will have asked the question. You're not giving kids enough credit.

Anyway, the modder KawaiiStacie made a farming mod and I'm pretty sure an official farming pack will handle the harvesting of meat the way she did.

You just send the animal off and the meat will be in your sims inventory. Nothing violent or shocking.

Yes, Its basic knowledge. That's why it's so sad.
    And one would think that everyone should know, given available tools, but I met 16-year-olds who seriously believed cotton was made in a chemistry factory and were creeped out when I told them that there are cotton farms in India.
    I met 12-year-olds who seriously believed that the supermarket made milk bottles, and when I asked if they knew where they get the milk from, well, one of them told me Moses pulled it out of a Rock.
    Yes, all the milk. Including what we buy in bottles right now.
    You are all making good points in theory, and I would really like to believe you, but at least in the City I lived in for over 3 years about 10 years ago, I know from first-hand experience the Kids just don't know better.
    I'm Sorry.
    If I had definitive proof that what I experienced is a rare exception, and that 99% of all the other children actually know, I'd be very relieved.
    But right now, all I have are your words. Admittedly very good points, with good logic behind it, but still just words, meaning almost nothing compared to personal experience.
  • Options
    MaddisansMaddisans Posts: 23 Member

Actually, in Farmville they had the pigs hunt truffles and they could use those to prepare/cook or sell.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited March 2019

Just wanted to chime in to say: I highly doubt they will do anything of this sort. We're talking about a team of devs that excluded dog houses from the game because they "don't believe dogs should sleep outside". You really think they would allow us to send animals to the butcher to get their meat? I bet that if we get a farming EP we will only get animals that can give you produce other than their own meat. Pretty much like Stardew Valley actually. We'll probably be able to raise baby animals and sell them later, but we will definitely not be able to kill them for meat, no matter how kid friendly the process is. TS4 will always be a game that treats its players like they are 6 year olds unfortunately.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    They are going to update the game requirements in June, which means they had to make that decision based on something around the game. I remember that this happened when Pets was released in Sims 3. I had heard some chicken noises while playing in StrangerVille. Horses are bigger than cats and dogs, as well as a Farming EP would require a bigger world than what we have so far... It need more than just one single 64x64 lot. I believe this is the Farming EP we are going to get in June. The university one would probably work better released in the Holiday, it is highly requested and would make a lot of money as people would gift it on Christmas. I don't see a Tropical EP coming any sooner, there are other stuff more important, and they just released both Seasons and a Vacation Spot last year.
    I believe that this year we are going to get:
    February: StrangerVille GP
    June: Farming EP
    September: Witches GP
    November: University EP

I agree with everything except a GP coming out in September. I don't remember anything coming out in September for Sims 4? Lately we've gotten 2 ex packs and 1 gp per year. I think a supernatural gp will come out next February. But what do I know? I'm never right!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2019

We're talking about a team of devs that excluded dog houses from the game because they "don't believe dogs should sleep outside".

They could add dog houses in a Farming Expansion, since farm dogs are usually sleeping outside, watching over the farm. Plus they now know that we want dog houses.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    They are going to update the game requirements in June, which means they had to make that decision based on something around the game. I remember that this happened when Pets was released in Sims 3. I had heard some chicken noises while playing in StrangerVille. Horses are bigger than cats and dogs, as well as a Farming EP would require a bigger world than what we have so far... It need more than just one single 64x64 lot. I believe this is the Farming EP we are going to get in June. The university one would probably work better released in the Holiday, it is highly requested and would make a lot of money as people would gift it on Christmas. I don't see a Tropical EP coming any sooner, there are other stuff more important, and they just released both Seasons and a Vacation Spot last year.

I agree with everything except a GP coming out in September. I don't remember anything coming out in September for Sims 4? Lately we've gotten 2 ex packs and 1 gp per year. I think a supernatural gp will come out next February. But what do I know? I'm never right!

Frankly, if they make occult players wait another year for an occult, there will be riots.

No, Strangerville doesn't count.
  • Options
    BewitchingSashaBewitchingSasha Posts: 63 Member

Frankly, if they make occult players wait another year for an occult, there will be riots.

Strangerville definitely doesn't count! Yet I'm seeing many people saying the next pack can't be unrealistic because we just got Strangerville and they don't want anymore-
    Yes everyone have opinions ok, but they talk as if we only got unrealistic until now. And this kinda 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off. 😑
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

Strangerville definitely doesn't count! Yet I'm seeing many people saying the next pack can't be unrealistic because we just got Strangerville and they don't want anymore-
    Yes everyone have opinions ok, but they talk as if we only got unrealistic until now. And this kinda plum me off. 😑

This franchise was never one to focus a lot on the supernatural side. We had the supernatural EP in TS3 and the ocasional lifestate on other EPs, and that was about it. Most of the times the lifestates weren't even playable. So you can't really blame people for not wanting TS4 to suddenly dedicate entire packs to supernatural elements every year, especially when there's still so much "realistic" gameplay missing.

I think they should just release a Supernatural EP with a bunch of lifestates and be done with it. But since they released Vampires separately, I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. They can make a lot more money by releasing an occult at a time. Those who don't want supernaturals could probably easily skip an EP entirely dedicated to them, but when it's a game pack that adds other things like a new world, then they are more likely to buy it even if they aren't interested in the actual lifestate. Also because it's "only" 20 bucks.

Having said that, I think we will see another occult within the next 2 game packs. I personally think they should've released one now instead of Strangerville (while it's a fun and interesting concept, it's such a waste of a gamepack, it literally adds zero long term gameplay to the game. These type of packs should be added near the end of TS4).
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Yes everyone have opinions ok, but they talk as if we only got unrealistic until now. And this kinda plum me off. 😑

This franchise was never one to focus a lot on the supernatural side. We had the supernatural EP in TS3 and the ocasional lifestate on other EPs, and that was about it. Most of the times the lifestates weren't even playable. So you can't really blame people for not wanting TS4 to suddenly dedicate entire packs to supernatural elements every year, especially when there's still so much "realistic" gameplay missing.

I think they should just release a Supernatural EP with a bunch of lifestates and be done with it. But since they released Vampires separately, I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. They can make a lot more money by releasing an occult at a time. Those who don't want supernaturals could probably easily skip an EP entirely dedicated to them, but when it's a game pack that adds other things like a new world, then they are more likely to buy it even if they aren't interested in the actual lifestate. Also because it's "only" 20 bucks.

Having said that, I think we will see another occult within the next 2 game packs. I personally think they should've released one now instead of Strangerville (while it's a fun and interesting concept, it's such a waste of a gamepack, it literally adds zero long term gameplay to the game. These type of packs should be added near the end of TS4).

Literally every expansion pack for Sims 2 and 3 introduced some sort of life state. When speaking about lifestates that weren’t playable there’s ghosts and genies in The Sims 2. Every LS was playable in Sims 3, and besides the two listed above the rest were playable in Sims 2.

So I would say they did put a significant effort into introducing new life states, at least until Sims 4. I never felt they dictated the packs, supernatural aside, so the reason they don’t do it with 4 probably boils down to money. Sims 4 is missing a lot of stuff that gave the other games their charm.
  • Options

If you are referring to me, you misunderstood. I never said that we've gotten only unrealistic up until now. Quite the opposite, in fact.
    We got almost nothing unrealistic until now. Yes, some aspects of the packs aren't exactly imitations of real life, and there are unrealistic aspects in all of those packs, but overall, the packs mimic what is generally perceived as real life.
    My fear is that Strangerville being an unrealistic pack, (Despite not being an Occult pack) we won't see another one for a few years more.

It wasn't the focus of the franchise, that's right, but every EP of Sims 2 and Sims 3 had at least one Occult.
    Sims 4 so far focuses on Occults the least. Sims 1 released all or most of its Occult stuff in its very last EP, so the last word isn't spoken yet.
    It has been confirmed multiple times by the Gurus that Sims 4 content will continue to be released at least until 2021.
    What happens after that, nothing official has been shared so far. Many Speculate that Sims 5 is scheduled to be announced in late 2021 and released in early 2022.
    If that turns out to be true, and they stick to their preference on what themes the packs have been having so far, there's room for only one more pack dedicated to Occult stuff.
    So with a Supernatural EP, we'd potentially get more content than with a Witches GP in total.
    I still hope it's a Witches GP though. Because I'd prefer fleshed out Witches but then no more Occults over multiple, watered down Witches having to share the Spotlight with two other, similarly watered down Occults. (Potentially those that weren't my cup of tea in Sims 3)