Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprints

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2019
    Sometimes - When I'm feeling lazy
    I used them at the beginning, but I hated where the doors and windows sit and that they look different from other doors and windows from other blueprints (and how nothing matches in general). So now I just either download lots and place them or build my own from scratch.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I love the outdoor blueprints! That saves me time.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited January 2019
    Blueprints? What blueprints? o_0
    Another one of my brain-dead concoctions (without plans); this is the result of a lucky ruby sold at RL value.
    Screenshot-89.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @emorrill Congrats for having this post mentioned on FRIDAY HIGHLIGHT JANUARY 18TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS by EA_Mai.

I believe, once you get the general idea of building you end up renovating premade houses or trying out creating something yourself.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I remember them being introduced :D I thought them a bit of a fiddle then and I still do so have never bothered with them. Perhaps it is because I enjoy having full creative control because there is no way my builds could be described as PRO standard. I struggle with MOO and CFE so throwing blueprints into the mix would be a total disaster.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Thanks @thuggishsplicer :blush:
    I saw that. :) It always feels nice to get a mention.

I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts on Blueprints everyone. :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    AllysaNellieAllysaNellie Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2019
    I don't use blueprints much, if at all. I like to experiment with building and learn what works and what looks nice on my own. I might use blueprints as inspiration, but other than that I think I've used them a total of like a dozen times on Sims 3 (and never touched them/equivalent on Sims 4). I've been playing The Sims since the first one came out and I have enough experience in building and decorating that blueprints are kinda silly to me (though I'm not a pro at it, just enough experience to figure out what I'm going for).
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I think I may have used blueprints a total of 3 times the entire time I've owned the game.....I would much rather build my own from scratch. :)
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Never - I am a PRO at building and/or decorating!
    When they first came out, I messed about with them a bit. But, I found they were pretty useless.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yeah... I forgot about those completely until I saw this poll.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I've only clicked on the blueprint option by mistake and that is the only extent to which I've used them. :D
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    In the past, I was totally "Blueprints? What blueprints? o_0", but ever since I discovered this tool it it has become very useful.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I am not pro at building or anything haha, but I am having fun in the game more when I am creating something. I think it is the main reason why I don't use it on The Sims 3, and the styled room feature in The Sims 4 is something that I also never used.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Never used blueprints from the time I started playing Sims 3 in Jan 2017 to now...
    First house I ever built:
    Screenshot.jpg
    Second house...
    Screenshot.jpg
    Now I've kinda moved on to commercial lots... (especially one I've needed for my Sims video).
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I do use it sometimes, but not when I'm feeling lazy. If you install the blueprint mod that helps you make your own blueprints, the blueprint tool actually comes in handy for when you want copy a part of a structure to another lot or want the structure placed in a different part of a lot. I really hope they keep this in TS5 and add to its functionality! It's also great for creating hotel rooms as the layout would be identical in all the suites.