March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight January 18th - A week on The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul!!
How was your week Simmers? :)

The Sims Alexa Skill released this week, so I know some of you have been playing trivia and listening to more The Sims music than usual ;) We also announced that The Sims 4 Get Famous will arrive to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on February 12, and on the forums, we welcomed a new member to the team: @EA_Rtas - his intro post is here if you want to know more about him!

All in all, my week was quite busy! So allow me to illustrate this week's Friday Highlight with a screenshot I find very relaxing. It reminds me of Summer holidays, sun and calm.

ymwjh9gnhdst.png
The Palm Oasis, by @mcrudd - Available for download here, she is getting ready to celebre 600 Gallery followers!

Now that we all are in a relaxed weekend mood, or thinking that I may have lost my mind a bit, let's get started with what you really came here for!
  • Continuing with the Summer theme - you can find several astonishing houses by visiting this thread by @KateEmerald : 'Kate Emerald's showcase | Creative builds without CC'. In case a relaxing park was not enough, I'm sure your Sims wouldn't mind spending their holidays in one of these lots ;)
  • And while you are placing new lots, you might want to check @QueenofMyshuno's topic, where she asks us all 'How do you use your neighborhoods?'. I was unaware so many neighbourhood overhauls happened in your games! :smiley:
  • Let's now move to The Sims 3! Remember blueprints? They can help build faster - same idea than with styled rooms. I always wondered how much you used this feature for your day to day building - never too late to find out! @emorrill asks us all in a poll with a simple and to the point title: 'Blueprints'.
  • 'But Mai, is it all about build mode today?', Mai is telepathic now! ;) Don't close the page yet! For all of you Live Mode lovers, @Beardedgeek opened a discussion to share their tendency to restart the game very often. And they are not alone! A condition that will be called 'restartitis' from now on. Check out the topic here: 'I hate suffering from restartitis'. Feels familiar?
  • And last but not least... let me redirect your attention to a discussion which, while not new, totally deserves a visit as well: 'Last Sim you created', by @take0nme! Opened long time ago, this topic invites you to share a picture of the last Sim you created, and it contains a big collection of Sims that are a great show of the creativity of this community!

This is all from me as a wrap up for this week!

Happy simming weekend!
-Mai

PS. @EA_Rtas, yes, I'm talking to you @EA_Rtas - no matter how many tags you get in this topic @EA_Rtas, you are not allowed to answer this thread until you choose a new avatar! >:)

Comments

• TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Am I missing something? How the devil do people get rounded pools/fountains? It seems the tools I have only allow for flat edges, but I want to make glorious bodies of water like Palm Oasis!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,433 Member
    Am I missing something? How the devil do people get rounded pools/fountains? It seems the tools I have only allow for flat edges, but I want to make glorious bodies of water like Palm Oasis!

My guess is they're not really rounded but putting rocks on the edges creates the illusion. Or at least that's how I do it anyways.
    My Top Song of the Day: HEAVEN AND BACK by Chase Atlantic
    E0zWogS.gif
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,211 Member
    It's usually straight lines but varied in angles and covered carefully with plant life, @TheGreatGorlon which gives the illusion of rounded edges. :)

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations on your screenshot being used by @EA_Mai --- @mcrudd B)! Great threads, everyone B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,109 Member
    Oh cool my poll got a mention! :smiley:
    It sure has been a fun discussion and polls are always a great way for me to see how other simmers play. :)

Thank you @EA_Mai :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,109 Member
    And welcome @EA_Rtas ! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    The Palm Oasis, by @mcrudd - Available for download here, she is getting ready to celebre 600 Gallery followers!

Thank you so very much for the mention of my thank you gift and sharing the screenshot of it @EA_Mai I feel very honoured <3

@TheGreatGorlon its exactly how @DeKay and @Jendowoz0612 discribed, here is a pic of the pool stripped from its rocks and plants to show you ;)

v4oJ5Vp.png
    Congratulations on your screenshot being used by @EA_Mai --- @mcrudd B)! Great threads, everyone B)!

Thank you so much <3 Your mention brought it to my attention, I feel very honoured as I am not a builder, more a collection room and sim uploader LOL, but I was pretty proud of this little build of mine, and was super happy to see others like it too <3
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2019
    mcrudd wrote: »
    EA_Mai wrote: »

Thank you so very much for the mention of my thank you gift and sharing the screenshot of it @EA_Mai I feel very honoured <3

@TheGreatGorlon its exactly how @DeKay and @Jendowoz0612 discribed, here is a pic of the pool stripped from its rocks and plants to show you ;)

v4oJ5Vp.png

Thank you so much <3 Your mention brought it to my attention, I feel very honoured as I am not a builder, more a collection room and sim uploader LOL, but I was pretty proud of this little build of mine, and was super happy to see others like it too <3

Congrats on being featured here @mcrudd! Fellow South African here! So sorry about your brother, but that's a beaufiful build and thanks for teaching me something new! :)

Welcome to the forums, @EA_Rtas! :)
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer

Congrats on being featured here @mcrudd! Fellow South African here! So sorry about your brother, but that's a beaufiful build and thanks for teaching me something new! :)

Thank you and its a big pleasure, I love sharing with others <3 My brother will be missing 3 years the 2nd March this year, we are just taking it day by day for now, we don't think we will ever get closure, you as a South african would understand why :(

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

Thank you and its a big pleasure, I love sharing with others <3 My brother will be missing 3 years the 2nd March this year, we are just taking it day by day for now, we don't think we will ever get closure, you as a South african would understand why :(

You're welcome and you are in my thoughts and prayers. <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    @mcrudd Clever! Thank you so much for the tips and tricks!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,231 Member
    Great picture of Palm Oasis @mcrudd... :smiley:

YAY! It's great that @emorrill thread got mentioned in this thread... :smiley:
    edited January 2019
    @mcrudd Clever! Thank you so much for the tips and tricks!

Its always a pleasure, another quick tip if you would like it. You need to use bb.moveobjects on to place the rocks around the pool, but also if you hold down the Alt key while rotating the rock to place then it glides and can be placed at gazillions of different angles. So you can turn it to form a softer corner as well ;)
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Great picture of Palm Oasis @mcrudd... :smiley:

YAY! It's great that @emorrill thread got mentioned in this thread... :smiley:

Thank you :)
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited January 2019
    @EA_Mai I did the thing! Also that is a fantastic screenshot. Usually my sims builds end up looking like the Weasley house in Harry Potter, I'm not too good at symmetry
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    @EA_Mai I did the thing! Also that is a fantastic screenshot. Usually my sims builds end up looking like the Weasley house in Harry Potter, I'm not too good at symmetry

Hahahaha Its just a pool though with a small square building for toilets LOL. Love your new avvie, it reminds me of someone, just can't quite put my finger on it. Welcome to the forums @EA_Rtas :)
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager

Hahahaha Its just a pool though with a small square building for toilets LOL. Love your new avvie, it reminds me of someone, just can't quite put my finger on it. Welcome to the forums @EA_Rtas :)

Yes but your square building has fantastic symmetry which I still can never achieve alas! Its alright though I like my weird out of shape buildings
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mai -Here's another shot of my current apocalypse challenge game in the winter of 1525.
    @EA_Rtas -Welcome to the forums.I love both TS2 and TS3 a lot and have a BACC in TS2 which I play when I take a break from TS3.You should get better at building with practice because I was terrible at it in TS1 and got better in that game though I've done highly advaced builds in TS2 and TS3.
    Here's Sunset Valley2 in the middle of a blizzard in the winter of 1525 from my apocalpyse challenge in Sims3.I built all of the community lot buildings in the town and built the city hall building from scratch as the town's main library and use rabbit hole rugs to make it function as city hall.
    46760403552_254615c707_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Just want to say that I really appreciate this thread on weeks when I've been busy with other parts of life!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Yes but your square building has fantastic symmetry which I still can never achieve alas! Its alright though I like my weird out of shape buildings

hahahahahaha :D:D:D