Edited to add that I originally posted this challenge in the What happened in your game today thread
and decided to put all of the updates in one spot.
I started things out as a challenge to force me to use the create a style option in buy/build mode. With all the years I have played Sims 3 I had never fully taken advantage of that option. As a subchallenge I also wanted to (since I had recently gotten Supernatural) explore everything werewolves were able to do. After I was mostly content with the house the main focus of the challenge switched to working on Stephen and Sakura's LTW But, the restrictions on making money stay in place.
Stephen and Sakura are started out on an empty lot in Riverview. Using buydebug I bought them a tent to sleep in. They also have a grill, the least expensive fridge (I had to add the fridge later because I learned that on a home lot sims cannot use a grill unless there is a fridge.), 2 sleeping bags, the least expensive table with 2 of the cheapest chairs, a bookcase (That only has Handiness, Cooking and Logic books) an Art Easel, and a guitar. After the lot was set up their Family funds were set to $100.
For the building I am only allowing the use of wall and floor coverings that cost nothing. To have a variety I can use create a style to change patterns.
This is my beginning selection of patterns. There are already a few different colors of the patterns available.
I was a nice simgod and allowed them to start off with a full bathroom as well.
This is what their lot looked like before I had changed the siding and added the fridge.
These only ways Stephen and Sakura can earn money.
1) By selling things they find while hunting/ dumpster diving. (Each sim can only search each dumpster once per day)
2) By selling things they harvest on public lots. Such as Honey and flowers, NO
3) Selling any gems, metals, bugs or small animals they find. Tiberium must be sold in it's uncut form.
4) Painting and later once they can afford a laptop by writing.(For future challenges they will only be able to earn money this way IF
painting/ writing is part of their LTW)
5) Fishing (The entire time I have played Stephen and Sakura they have never fished. So if I ever do a modified version of this challenge I will not allow them to fish.)
6) Tips from playing instruments.(For future challenges they will only be able to earn tips IF
music is part of their LTW)
7) After using Family funds at the beginning to bring their money down to $100 money cheats cannot be used.
In order to raise their skills they can either read books or learn by doing. They are forbidden to use Multitabs, TVs or taking classes to up their skills. They are only allowed to become self-employed if it directly relates to their lifetime wish.
Sakura Ambrose (Taurus)
She is Artistic, Bookworm, Neat,Perfectionist, and Lucky
Sakura likes Grilled Salmon, Classical Music and the color pink
Her lifetime wish is to become an Illustrious Author
Stephen Ambrose (Taurus)
He is Perfectionist, Lucky, Angler, Brave, Handy
Stephen likes Grilled Salmon, Electronica, the color Spice Brown
His lifetime wish is to be the Leader of the Pack.