Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I just skimmed a few videos... I don't see cars (so far) parked immediately in front of a playable lot.

There's a car parked in front of the largest lot in Mirage Park. You can see it in this video, 2:28 in:

https://youtu.be/13OcFUdCTvs?t=148
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I just skimmed a few videos... I don't see cars (so far) parked immediately in front of a playable lot.

There's a car parked in front of the largest lot in Mirage Park. You can see it in this video, 2:28 in:

Thanks for showing me this. I just found a video where they show that lot is a 50x40 lot 2:53 in. Since the lot is so huge (and looks to have 3 drive way possibles) it's not as concerning to me but I was bracing myself for a big disappointment. I'll keep my eye out for more.

https://youtu.be/iPcHczh3kjw
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    IMHO I actually hate the look of this world. If I get the pack (which is unlikely) I won't bother with the world, just like I don't bother with NC and OS.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited October 2018
    Aren't cars more likely to come in a Patch rather than in a Pack? It would make it much easier for EA to do this surely? Cars used to be part of the job status system for all jobs and professions.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    I've got a new build idea for the Downtown area. One of those seedy motels we are forever seeing in horror movies. Behind every door a story of rags to riches or despair (possibly).
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Aren't cars more likely to come in a Patch rather than in a Pack? It would make it much easier for EA to do this surely? Cars used to be part of the job status system for all jobs and professions.

It depends on what they decide to do with them, I suspect. Whether they'll be more gameplay oriented or more something that picks you up to go to work.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,650 Member
    I've got a new build idea for the Downtown area. One of those seedy motels we are forever seeing in horror movies. Behind every door a story of rags to riches or despair (possibly).

Awesome idea with Halloween coming up! Booooo! >:)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    edited October 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited October 2018
    Despite the squelching of the community's enthusiasm about cars (in particular, SimguruGrant's response to why we're not getting cars: "We haven't made them yet") -- I actually do think they're coming, obviously not this calendar year because they explicitly tweeted so, but sometime in 2019. There are a lot of hints -- not only the increase in FX cars, but the change of the travel symbol to a car, and it appears to me that the new lots in Del Sol Valley have stubs for driveways. I think cars will end up being like Toddlers, they don't want to give any clear indication but one day they will just spring them on us.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

So, we supposedly still have 3+ years of content planned for TS4 but number of lots/Sims is a big issue already. This worries me.
    When Winderburg arrived, I thought that was the beginning of nice decent worlds but I have been waiting ever since to see another one with the same amount of space and quality. Oh well...

Windenberg has more than 5 neighborhoods, huge public spaces, and mote than 5 lots yet it disen't affect performance a huge hit to me. Think of it, If they added a new neighborhood, performance wont be adfected that badly because really, only one neighborhood is loaded at the time. Performance wont be a huge hit since again the rest of the world is not loaded

Yeah, I agree. This is why I don't understand their excuse.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,618 Member
    We see so many cars... Why they didn't put these cars even like decor for us, players, to use them in our lots?

Because they don’t care, and they definitely don’t think very much into the decisions they make or how they will be received.

A solid example would be Grant getting worked up over people asking if cars came with this pack. Did he or anyone else at Maxis think players wouldn’t assume cars were coming when the trailer promininetly displayed several different cars in situations that are unlike the way they are currently used? A limo parked out front a venue, cars parked outside of garages, cars parallel parked on the road.. all of which turned out to be set dressing, although you wouldn’t know it from the trailer.

They know people want cars. They know if they show cars people will be interested, but they don’t actually want to make cars. As to why we don’t have access to the set dressing cars, i’d guess their response would have something to do with: performance concerns, legalities, and players not being able to figure out why a decorative car is in the catalog. As they always say they know what’s best, even when that proves to be untrue.

This is exactly how I feel. Don't advertise cars, driveways and garages in a trailer, then get frustrated when Simmers question if it is coming with the EP.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Not related to Del Sol Valley really, but I think the building team is more and more limited from having to use only the base game + current pack in builds (and trailers ...)

With set dressing and unplayable lots though, they can use all assets already available.
    That's twice now that items from previous packs are reshipped with different colors: Spooky Stuff items in Seasons, and now the director's chair from Toddler Stuff (I mean they also used the canopy thingy from the same pack in a non editable park).

Must be frustrating to know the items you want already exists in the game but your pack has to be base game only. So you remake them.
    How many pairs of boat shoes do we have in the game now ? Too many. Are they different enough to justify it ? Not really.

(This is only a theory don't quote me on that)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Not related to Del Sol Valley really, but I think the building team is more and more limited from having to use only the base game + current pack in builds (and trailers ...)

With set dressing and unplayable lots though, they can use all assets already available.
    That's twice now that items from previous packs are reshipped with different colors: Spooky Stuff items in Seasons, and now the director's chair from Toddler Stuff (I mean they also used the canopy thingy from the same pack in a non editable park).

Must be frustrating to know the items you want already exists in the game but your pack has to be base game only. So you remake them.
    How many pairs of boat shoes do we have in the game now ? Too many. Are they different enough to justify it ? Not really.

Don't forget about tents from Outdoor Retreat. Their coming in this game as well.
  • Options
    Hmmm...tents for the glitzy big city life...makes perfect sense to me. lol ;)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm not sure those tents will be functional @catloverplayer. They aren't shaped like the others. I think they are unlocking all of the "props" though. I'd love to be wrong by the way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

The boat shoes from C&D are the best ever. Just saying :* I do agree with your post otherwise.
  • Options
    Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    I think I am in the minority here when I say I really like the idea of the world even if its small I love the Hollywood area (I go there on a weekly basis) and I can say 100% they captured the vibe of the area very well and I will probably be playing a lot of sims in the world.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Azreal_Rou wrote: »
    I think I am in the minority here when I say I really like the idea of the world even if its small I love the Hollywood area (I go there on a weekly basis) and I can say 100% they captured the vibe of the area very well and I will probably be playing a lot of sims in the world.
    Playing 'a lot of sims' in the world won't be possible though. :D

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

It depends on what they decide to do with them, I suspect. Whether they'll be more gameplay oriented or more something that picks you up to go to work.

The return of the carpool would be very much welcomed from me!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wonder how many lots there are in this neighborhood. Pretty difficult to tell which buildings are real and which are fake.

bxoORyv.jpg

Almost all of them fake :(
    What we need is the ability to build a couple of apartment blocks so that several families can move into the poorer area, each with their own front door and a landlord to deal with and those huge communal wastebins. That something that I miss from previous games and would have suited this pack.

we need apartments we can build first, if we do get them they need to patch them in for anybody who owns city living.
    I Don't get it why we still don't have them in city living

all we need

lifts
    intercom
    garbage shut

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited October 2018
    bizuktag wrote: »

Wow looks as bad as it sounded :'(
    so small and cheaply done.

quote="Simburian;c-16796484"]Aren't cars more likely to come in a Patch rather than in a Pack? It would make it much easier for EA to do this surely? Cars used to be part of the job status system for all jobs and professions.[/quote]

we don't have roads for cars, there just illusions

• Options
    Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    > @Aine said:
    > Azreal_Rou wrote: »
    >
    > I think I am in the minority here when I say I really like the idea of the world even if its small I love the Hollywood area (I go there on a weekly basis) and I can say 100% they captured the vibe of the area very well and I will probably be playing a lot of sims in the world.
    >
    >
    >
    > Playing 'a lot of sims' in the world won't be possible though. :D

Considering I only play one or two sims per game save it will be fine for me. I play alot of legacies so I tend to stick with one family for a long time.
  • Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I wonder how many lots there are in this neighborhood. Pretty difficult to tell which buildings are real and which are fake.

bxoORyv.jpg

What we need is the ability to build a couple of apartment blocks so that several families can move into the poorer area, each with their own front door and a landlord to deal with and those huge communal wastebins. That something that I miss from previous games and would have suited this pack.

we need apartments we can build first, if we do get them they need to patch them in for anybody who owns city living.

all we need

lifts
    intercom
    garbage shut

I would add doorbells to that list. It seems like it should be a very simple thing for the devs to do and I can't understand why they haven't remedied that oversight a very, very long time ago. Doorbells should have been in the base game imo.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not sure those tents will be functional @catloverplayer. They aren't shaped like the others. I think they are unlocking all of the "props" though. I'd love to be wrong by the way.

Stage props have never really been usable as items they looked like - they are usually just decorative versions of usable things just to decorate the scene or stage. In Sims 3 I used some props to decorate kids rooms and my sims would look at them and get a thought bubble of a Vase or floor plant. They never saw them as what we saw them as. I f those tents are just props they won't be usable most likely in this pack anyway. To have usable ones you will still need OR if that is the case.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

bxoORyv.jpg

all we need

lifts
    intercom
    garbage shut

I would add doorbells to that list. It seems like it should be a very simple thing for the devs to do and I can't understand why they haven't
    remedied that oversight a very, very long time ago. Doorbells should have been in the base game imo.
    agree.
    I miss doorbells to.
    I don't get why either imo.