Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

This is the place to discuss the New World Del Sol Valley coming with Get Famous. DSV appears to look a lot like Myshuno but also looks similar to Starlight Shores in TS3 Showtime with the palm trees. Sadly I haven't seen a beach yet and I'm wondering if there will even be one.

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The nighttime shot of the LA inspired Del Sol Valley panorama was rather Cohen Brothers-esque. And so an opening narration ran through my head.

I only mention it 'cause some- times there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause what's a hero? But sometimes there's a man... and I'm talkin' about the Dude here... sometimes there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place, he fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man... and the Dude was certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County...which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide--but sometimes there's a man...sometimes there's a man.

I may like this new world after all.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I think it looks beautiful! All of our worlds except for San Myshuno are pretty suburban or have a small town feel to them, so I'm really excited to have another city for my sims to live in. Personally, I don't mind if we don't have a beach and unless it's something like the Santa Monica Pier, I really don't think we'll get one.

I'm mainly wondering about the lots. Hopefully, there'll be some sloped lots, because I would really like my sims to live in a split level house in the Pinnacles. Imagine making something like an infinity pool there
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    How big is this world? That last screenshot, the one at night, makes the world look huge. And in all the shots, it looks very dense, like there's so many buildings in it. I hope it doesn't cause too much lag on lower end computers.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How big is this world? That last screenshot, the one at night, makes the world look huge. And in all the shots, it looks very dense, like there's so many buildings in it. I hope it doesn't cause too much lag on lower end computers.

That's backdrop, I'm sure. The world will be broken up into neighbourhoods to prevent lag. I suspect that, like usual, lag is going to be largely a result of lot size and contents on the currently played lot.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I wonder how many lots there are in this neighborhood. Pretty difficult to tell which buildings are real and which are fake.

bxoORyv.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I keep thinking it looks like Hollywood Ca,
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I just want to know the number of lots and all their sizes honestly. Another thing why Windenburg is my favorite world; the generous amount of lots! If it's done right, Del Sol Valley could be a contender for one of my faves. I've already planned some sims to move there anyway, to make some room.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I think it looks beautiful! All of our worlds except for San Myshuno are pretty suburban or have a small town feel to them, so I'm really excited to have another city for my sims to live in. Personally, I don't mind if we don't have a beach and unless it's something like the Santa Monica Pier, I really don't think we'll get one.

I'm mainly wondering about the lots. Hopefully, there'll be some sloped lots, because I would really like my sims to live in a split level house in the Pinnacles. Imagine making something like an infinity pool there

Sloped lots are one factor that might convince me. I might even try recreating one of my favorite houses I built for TS3.
    image.png
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    i'm thinking there will be around 12 lots, but that's just a guess on my part.

i'm also concerned with lag. i regret getting cats and dogs. i got that EP only for the town and more lots, but i've had terrible lag ever since. so i certainly don't need something else to make the lag even worse.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Like someone else said, I need more lots in my game too. San Myshuno is completely full in my game since everyone seems to want to move there. So I need lots of city lots to make my urban loving sims happy.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I wish it was a city world, but it looks nice.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    mika wrote: »

It is a city world.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

It is a city world.

I read on the announcement info post that it wasn't. How do you know?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

It is a city world.

DpFQb0rW4AAVKR_.jpg
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

It is a city world.

We don't know yet what the neighborhoods are like. This may not be a "city" world in the way San Myshuno is. So far all we know for certain is that there are at least two residential neighborhoods and there seems to be a studio lot. There has been no indication that there are apartments or buildings in which a City Living-type elevator is used for access. The only "city world" aspect that's confirmed is views, which could be entirely backdrops.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It is a city world.

I consider a city world to be like Myshuno and this world looks a lot like Myshuno lit up at night. I consider a world city even if the city is in the backdrop. It still has a city.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

It is a city world.

We don't know yet what the neighborhoods are like. This may not be a "city" world in the way San Myshuno is. So far all we know for certain is that there are at least two residential neighborhoods and there seems to be a studio lot. There has been no indication that there are apartments or buildings in which a City Living-type elevator is used for access. The only "city world" aspect that's confirmed is views, which could be entirely backdrops.

Agreed, this will probably be a backdrop skyscraper world like Newcrest.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It looks like Hollywood and fits the vibe of the pack, but I want to see a lot more screenshots before forming an opinion. As of now, it looks really cool, though. Let's hope it is a city world.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well Del Sol Valley doesn’t seem New York City to me, but that’s OK, I still love Los Angeles. Well this San Myshuno looks like New York City to me that’s fine.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The photos aren't much to go by, it just looks like Los Angeles to me. I kinda wish it was more vintage, old Hollywood, with lots of Art Deco buildings and decoration. Modern Los Angeles is kinda ugly in my opinion.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I feel like i'm gonna love this world. San Myshuno is nice, but besides the Spice District looks unrealistic to me. This, on the other hand, looks like a place i'd gladly move my sims too.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It reminds me a lot of So CA. Like Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. I hope it will have plenty of lots, I need the room.

I'm wondering what the weather will be like. If it's similar to LA, there shouldn't be snow. But San Myshuno is supposed to take some inspiration from SF, and while it snows in San Myshuno it doesn't snow in SF. So it will be very interesting to see what we get.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Since there are only two residential areas I’m gonna guess the third area is taken up by the movie lot. Gotta have space for all those sets and what not.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'm also curious to how many lots it'll have. does anyone know how many lots our current worlds have? can't check in game right now
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Since there are only two residential areas I’m gonna guess the third area is taken up by the movie lot. Gotta have space for all those sets and what not.

We don't know yet if those are the only residential areas, but it does seem possible that they might be.