Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm thinking the acting venue is going to be pretty large, either a 50x50 or a 64x64, when you think about the size of the sets, plus all the supporting activities (hair/makeup/etc.). It'll probably be a special lot type that can't be bulldozed or changed, similar to the Von Haunt mansion in Windenburg.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm thinking the acting venue is going to be pretty large, either a 50x50 or a 64x64, when you think about the size of the sets, plus all the supporting activities (hair/makeup/etc.). It'll probably be a special lot type that can't be bulldozed or changed, similar to the Von Haunt mansion in Windenburg.

As long as if isnt an invisible lot like the hospital I'll be happy.
    leetamme wrote: »
    @catloverplayer

28i9kc1.jpg

I'm not saying it is, just that it could possibly be. It would be pretty awesome if it was.

That does look like a cinema.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited October 2018
    They possibly do have cinemas or theaters since from the trailer it looks like there are award ceremonies. Your sim may go to premiers and events.

If they did decide to go all out on acting I would hope they added theaters and premier events. Give us the works.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wonder how many lots there are in this neighborhood. Pretty difficult to tell which buildings are real and which are fake.

bxoORyv.jpg

same

which is real and which are backdrops and illusions :#

saying that, I am looking forward to finding out what type of residential lots we will see :)

In the photo from Sims camp you can see Vixella (I think) looking at this part of the neighbourhood:
    45413323371_27a6e4e794_h.jpg
    Right? And by the look of it there is a sim standing there also. So, I think this will be the playable part of the naighbourhood. Maybe 4-5 lots? 6?

I'm not sure that is the area that is playable. See the fake cars parked out front of those houses, you don't think there would be fake cars parked in front of our Sims' homes do you? Because they don't look like they are driving by, but parked in front of those houses in the section that is circled.

I think this is something new they're trying. Like the limo in the trailer. It's just there for the looks.
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    @catloverplayer

28i9kc1.jpg

I'm not saying it is, just that it could possibly be. It would be pretty awesome if it was.

I always thought of this building being the building with the self-sims of Deli, James and Mira at the start of the trailer
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    DatLlama wrote: »
    @catloverplayer

28i9kc1.jpg

I always thought of this building being the building with the self-sims of Deli, James and Mira at the start of the trailer

I would live to have a cinema. I just hope that it will not be a fake building like the one near the old warehouse. I thought the building next to it was a playable lot but nope. Hope its actual lot
    People were disappointed when theaters didn't come with the movie sp and the gurus knew that so they knew there was a demand for cinemas.
    edited October 2018
    Looks like we ll get an overview of Del Sol Valley Tomorrow. Iron Seagull is very thural with his world reviews.

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've got the feeling that the studio lot will be in its own hidden separate neighborhood. Just like the scientist lot, hospital and police station in GTW.
    The new acting career is an active career after all, so if you saw the studio lot on the map you could delete it and then how would you be able to become an actor?
    a256aFi.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've got the feeling that the studio lot will be in its own hidden separate neighborhood. Just like the scientist lot, hospital and police station in GTW.
    The new acting career is an active career after all, so if you saw the studio lot on the map you could delete it and then how would you be able to become an actor?

I think I will agree with you. From the pictures so far it does look like, to me, most of it is in some off world/hidden world and much of it looks like backdrops from three different pictures, so it's hard to see what is not a hidden world or lot.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    People were disappointed when theaters didn't come with the movie sp and the gurus knew that so they knew there was a demand for cinemas.

If they could tweak the Movie Hangout screens where they'd attract Sims on a community lot, you could build a cinema using an existing lot type like a bar, similar to what they did with Bowling Night and the bowling lanes. Then maybe add the ability for kids to buy soft drinks and snacks from the bar object, or add vending machines (real vending machines, not the one from GTW) to get snacks.

Couldn't they make it a special locked lot type, like the Von Haunt estate in Windenburg, and make it so it can't be deleted? I'm okay if it's a special "hidden" lot though as long as we can modify it easily, which it sounds like we can if it's true we can build our own sets.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Couldn't they make it a special locked lot type, like the Von Haunt estate in Windenburg, and make it so it can't be deleted? I'm okay if it's a special "hidden" lot though as long as we can modify it easily, which it sounds like we can if it's true we can build our own sets.

Is it going to be like decorating the apartments in CL? I'm thinking they probably have screens your Sims stand in front of and not actual rooms totally decked out like a room in a house.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Is it going to be like decorating the apartments in CL? I'm thinking they probably have screens your Sims stand in front of and not actual rooms totally decked out like a room in a house.

I'm sure there'll be greenscreens involved for the backdrops, just like in regular moviemaking, but there might be set pieces like the giant kids' items for the kids show or maybe a pirate ship facade for the pirate movie. Some of the SimsCampers mentioned you can make your own sets in the First Impressions blog.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Looks like we ll get an overview of Del Sol Valley Tomorrow. Iron Seagull is very thural with his world reviews.

Oh My Goodness, I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
    WbUrFQm.png
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

I was thinking the same thing. we'll know for sure very soon! :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Source;
    “So far, I love the CAS items. Being able to build your own sets is really cool. I absolutely love the vault, and being able to add so much money to it and play with it. From what I’ve seen, it looks amazing!” - Neecxle

But, I thought that we can build our own sets? Hoping that we can do that without any cheat.. 😅
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Can't wait to find out about Del Sol Valley Tomorrow. A little less then 12 hours to go!!!!!
    Another Confermation on the New World being shown
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thank you so much @catloverplayer for keeping us up to date! 😊
    OID:- x4m1r4
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @catloverplayer for keeping us up to date! 😊
    You're welcome.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That red building looks blurry and my guess that is just background buildings we can see and can't go to. If you look at that compared to buildings this side of the street which I believe to be where the part of the hood our sims can go to - is much clearer. But I am just guessing.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Looks like it only has 10 lots, am I correct?