Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    That sims hairstyle though :o the one at the top corner. This must be the more affordable lots
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

I'm psyched we're getting a new world but I hope the other neighbourhood is more exciting. This one feels very familiar to what we have with Willow Creek and Newcrest :|
  • DopieDopeSimDopieDopeSim Posts: 84 Member
    Looks like a cul de sac 🙀 so cosy!
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I wonder how many lots there are in this neighborhood. Pretty difficult to tell which buildings are real and which are fake.

bxoORyv.jpg

same

which is real and which are backdrops and illusions :#

saying that, I am looking forward to finding out what type of residential lots we will see :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I wonder how many lots there are in this neighborhood. Pretty difficult to tell which buildings are real and which are fake.

bxoORyv.jpg

same

saying that, I am looking forward to finding out what type of residential lots we will see :)

In the photo from Sims camp you can see Vixella (I think) looking at this part of the neighbourhood:
    45413323371_27a6e4e794_h.jpg
    Right? And by the look of it there is a sim standing there also. So, I think this will be the playable part of the naighbourhood. Maybe 4-5 lots? 6?
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

bxoORyv.jpg

same

In the photo from Sims camp you can see Vixella (I think) looking at this part of the neighbourhood:
    Right? And by the look of it there is a sim standing there also. So, I think this will be the playable part of the naighbourhood. Maybe 4-5 lots? 6?

Yup that's definitely the area in the screenshot. Do other playable areas also have fake cars everywhere
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

bxoORyv.jpg

same

Hopefully we'll know next week when the Sims Camp Embargo Ends Monday. Also I think the next trailer will reveal the new world.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

bxoORyv.jpg

same

Hopefully we'll know next week when the Sims Camp Embargo Ends Monday. Also I think the next trailer will reveal the new world.

The next livestream is about Acting and CAS. I'd be surprised if the next trailer doesn't focus on the same subject. The world livestream is the last one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I can't wait to see more of the new world. I am super excited for this pack and really looking forward to seeing more. @catloverplayer I hope you create a pic thread for this one cuz I can't wait to see them and see what the players are doing with the game.

This looks like a theatre of sorts, though I suppose it could be a club or something like. But see the posters and the theatre sign out front.
    DpFQb0rW4AAVKR_.jpg

WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »
    I can't wait to see more of the new world. I am super excited for this pack and really looking forward to seeing more. @catloverplayer I hope you create a pic thread for this one cuz I can't wait to see them and see what the players are doing with the game.

This looks like a theatre of sorts, though I suppose it could be a club or something like. But see the posters and the theatre sign out front.
    DpFQb0rW4AAVKR_.jpg

I don't see any theater signs or posters. What direction should I look?
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is it true this world is divided into only two areas where Sims can live? Does that mean only eight to ten lots where Sims can live instead of the usual four sections/districts where homes are built?
    As of yet, there is no info as to how many lots this world has, or how many a sim can live on there.

But there is a description of it being divided into only two areas, one for cheaper homes and one in the hills where the famous live. Doesn't that just equal two areas?

ETA: Does anyone else notice this map looks like Newcrest filled with backdrops? Notice the curved road near the bottom of the map on the right? Doesn't that remind anyone of the ditch by the Cubby lot in Newcrest?

The first official blog states that the residential area is split into two parts, but that there is also a park, a nightclub, and other venues to explore. So there's probably at least 3-4 areas.

Other Venues has my attention. Hope it's cinemas.

I was thinking the same thing CLP! I really want to know what these other venues are. Hopefully at least one is a real cinema with a big screen for movie premiers and the like. Would be a great place for a first date as well.

• luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    @catloverplayer I believe it's the building in the right, center that has the red top. I see what could be posters and a sign. Whether it's theater posters is debateable as I can't actually read any of those posters.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2018
    I just hope it is not another Magnolia Promade which I found the use for it very limiting and not well structured and it points to me on why Neighborhood/Lot creation for the end user is very much needed so I can do it my way and not their way.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

bxoORyv.jpg

same

I'm not sure that is the area that is playable. See the fake cars parked out front of those houses, you don't think there would be fake cars parked in front of our Sims' homes do you? Because they don't look like they are driving by, but parked in front of those houses in the section that is circled.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I just hope it is not another Magnolia Promade which I found the use for it very limiting and not well structured and it points to me on why Neighborhood/Lot creation for the end user is very much needed so I can do it my way and not their way.

We know from the blogs there are at least three distinct neighborhoods -- Mirage Valley, The Pinnacles, and Starlight Boulevard. That in itself says it's bigger than Magnolia Promenade. (I've actually turned MP into an entertainment district of sorts -- I have a nightclub, bar, lounge and karaoke bar there.) One thing to consider is that MP was concieved pretty much just to add lots for retail spaces along with the three hidden career lots.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018

DpFQb0rW4AAVKR_.jpg

The street and medians look strangely familar. Like part of MB. Hmm...or that section in WC where the more expensive homes are located or is that OS or the fake world where the hospital is located? It rings a bell somehow that I have seen this before in this game.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I'm not too impressed with the world just yet. I haven't seen enough of it to really make my decision.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Definitely torn. I've been playing in Brindleton Bay since Cats&Dogs and I love it but I'm seriously considering uprooting my family and moving them to Del Sol Valley.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2018

bxoORyv.jpg

same

In general there are always a maximum of 5 lots in a neighborhood, I don't think they ever released a neighborhood with 6 lots

Edit: Whoops I was wrong, they added more than 5 lots in Windenburg with Countryside having 6 lots and Old Town having 8 lots.
    But most of the neighborhoods in Sims 4 have 5 lots
    a256aFi.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

We know from the blogs there are at least three distinct neighborhoods -- Mirage Valley, The Pinnacles, and Starlight Boulevard. That in itself says it's bigger than Magnolia Promenade. (I've actually turned MP into an entertainment district of sorts -- I have a nightclub, bar, lounge and karaoke bar there.) One thing to consider is that MP was concieved pretty much just to add lots for retail spaces along with the three hidden career lots.

It may be but creating them yourselve is always better in my book and like I said I rather do it myself than letting them do it for me as you are currently limited in what and how you create.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited October 2018
    @catloverplayer

28i9kc1.jpg

I'm not saying it is, just that it could possibly be. It would be pretty awesome if it was.
    WbUrFQm.png
    @catloverplayer

28i9kc1.jpg

I'm not saying it is, just that it could possibly be. It would be pretty awesome if it was.

Yes I see. I so hope that's a theater and not the acting venue.