Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The world is small yes but I cant wait to move my sims into that mansion in the Penntacles.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I can't wait to get in and walk my sim around. One thing I absolutely loved was that fence with the mural, near the park. Getting ready to rewatch the livestream. 😊

I'm excited for that but also excited about the first person view. I know some people find it unnecessary but I for one have always been curious to see things from their eyes. I'm not sure how often I'll use it, but I think exploring the new world and old worlds for that matter will be extra cool!

Yeah, first person view was never high on my list of priorities but I always thought it would be fun. It seems like it could make some cool videos. This would be fun world to see in first person.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Not a big fan of first person views, but it's always good to have options for those who could use it in certain situations or prefer it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I do not mind backdrops as long as I can edit my lots as far as changing sizes and making them less static. The neighborhood is still the same old neighborhood with no option to spice it up beyond houses and goodness help you if your homes cannot fit those lots and one must accept clipping thier homes to get it to fit.

We can't alter the size of the lots. Believe me if I could make them bigger I would have.

I have a problem with the fakeness of it all and when the backdrops stop being just backdrops and become the houses surrounding yours. That's way too much infringing and no longer backdrops. It's blocking paint to keep your sims out of roaming where they don't want you to go, only now it's in the form of a lot, a lake you can only look at, cars you can only see, houses you cannot even approach - etc - etc. In this new world it is everywhere...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    I really dislike the fake backdrops, especially in areas where it looks like there could be more lots.

We are in an era where most AAA video games do not do lots of this illusion backdrop thing. For example, in Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War, Assassin’s Creed games, Skyrim, etc, (and as far back as old games like Jack and Daxter and Ratcher and Clank), you can see faraway places and items that you can eventually reach at some point in the game. Those are not illusions, but actual places and items to reach towards. There are not too many fake backdrops around in some of these great AAA games, especially in the open world ones.

We are reaching to a point where a game is not putting fake backgrounds and are showing actual backgrounds that our characters can reach towards and interact with.

We shouldn’t have to deal with so much fake backdrops in most games. Especially backdrops SO CLOSE to the played areas (like those fake houses). :neutral:

What makes it annoying is that the purpose of closed worlds is for performance reasons. So why are we limited in lots, then? Sims 2 had a good amount of lots and even more lots within the sub-hoods. Why couldn’t they have gone that route?

I just don’t get it. We should be getting decent sized worlds like Get Together’s at this point.

I’m still buying the pack, but this aspect is definitely a disappointment. I hope we get a bigger world (with less fake backdrops) next time.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    The world is small yes but I cant wait to move my sims into that mansion in the Penntacles.

I agree. Can not wait to see someone revamp the mansion!
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I also can not wait but I'll revamp the world... I seen a few things that needs to be revamped badly...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2018

I agree. Can not wait to see someone revamp the mansion!

One thing that I'll do is add a Hottub. There is lots of room to do so. I think a hottub would look good close to the pool overlooking the city.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Not a big fan of first person views, but it's always good to have options for those who could use it in certain situations or prefer it.

I don't think I will use it much. I love playing resident evil 7, so will find this features boring.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    I love Hollywood so this would be right now my alley I think lol.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    As a late adopter to TS4, refusing to migrate over from TS3 and its open world concept, I have a unique perspective on the constant gripe of the world is so small.

1. TS2 & TS3 was locked to one world (I never played TS1) so, the relative size of the world and the ability to add additional lots was very important.
    2. The beauty of TS4 is that EA makes these beautiful unique worlds that you get to play with in one save game. So it becomes irrelevant if a world has 5, 11 or 25 lots because you are playing across multiple worlds. And as you add expansion packs on you cumulatively get more lots.

So as I look at all the worlds and the various lot types I am not that concerned about how many free lots there are in a world as long as there are 3-5 free lots I am happy.

I will say, since I started playing when most of the EPs and GPs were live I came to expect certain things in all of the worlds and am surprised that in StrangerVille there is only one fishing lot, when there is that beautiful river going through the world. I would love two more fishing spots and a new fish type that is released after the mystery is solved -- which aids in the playability of that world after you solve the mystery.

Also in Del Sol Valley I can not find one fishing hole. And as a lover of beaches and aware of Los Angeles' famous beaches I was surprised there weren't luxury beach lots and a community beach lot. Windenburgh and Brindelton Bay has beautiful beach lots, although you really can't interact with the sand (yet, I hope).

So, aside from the lack of available lots, which isn't an issue as you can bulldoze a lot and build whatever you want, I wish that the beach area was built up and that EA would consider creating 2 - 3 beach lots (1 empty, 1 luxury home, 1 community) along the beach.

I refrained from purchasing Get Famous, because I really hated the paparrazi in TS3 and I didn't like that all my sims instantly became celebrities and that they would stop everything to sign an autograph. It looks like things have changed a bit in TS4. I just started playing it along with StrangerVille, because frankly those possessed sims crack me up, I am just dragging out finding a cure and infecting sims left and right. Leaving StrangerVille in its dystopian state reminds me of TS3 Future pack where you could change the future and make it dystopian or utopian.

So, try to look across all your worlds at the number of lots. You can always eliminate duplicate lot types (lounges and bars) or do as I do and make those bars have a certain vibe and have certain clubs show up. The game is what you want to make it.

Happy simming.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    @troshalom Great post ! I agree completly.