The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New World Discussion Del Sol Valley

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Also why does the slum area have such huge lots sizes? I don't know about you, but I do live in a city and I live in a house in the city...most houses don't have huge yards or huge spaces. City lots for slums wouldn't be 40x30s and 50x40s. They'd be much smaller. I was hoping for more 20x15, 20x20s, and 20x30s. The slums really look like more upper middle class.

The lot on the right I thought was split into two at first glance too down. But apparently not.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Also why does the slum area have such huge lots sizes? I don't know about you, but I do live in a city and I live in a house in the city...most houses don't have huge yards or huge spaces. City lots for slums wouldn't be 40x30s and 50x40s. They'd be much smaller. I was hoping for more 20x15, 20x20s, and 20x30s. The slums really look like more upper middle class.

They're not supposed to be slum areas, they're just middle class houses.
    moss

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited October 2018
    After closing the other thread for what seems like no reason it makes me even more likely to just cancel this preorder. I didn't really care for the theme and after so few lots in this world it's not even worth the near half off price I paid for it. $20 might be pushing it. I'm tired of small worlds with big price tags. Seasons showed so much promise, but this is just another grab $$ game.

What other thread?
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I think it's a bit unfair for them to give us a reason that it is for optimising and improving the performance. What about the other packs? Are they saying that, any packs with bigger world does have a problem with the performance? I do get it, that there's a combination of an active career + perk system + new social system (fans, etc)... but, it shouldn't be the reason, right?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    I thought game performance was probably the reason. The Sims 3 had a different game world for each town. It's nice to be able to have all our towns in The Sims 4 in one game world, but the trade off seems to be having a limited number of sims and lots so that game performance doesn't suffer.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2019
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Oh yeah, I can't wait to complain about my fubared save or an incoming BFBVFS again. It's been too long since sim players had to deal with these issues, it's time to bring them back !
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

They're not supposed to be slum areas, they're just middle class houses.

That wasn't the way they expressed it when they were talking about the two different neighborhoods to live in though. Middle class don't have lots that size either. I'm middle class and our house doesn't sit on anything close to a lot of that size. 50x40 is HUGE that's like easily able to have more than 2500 square feet for the house ALONE (probably closer to 3k) not counting any outside space. Those kinds of houses are over a million dollars. Most middle class famililes don't have million dollar homes with huge backyards lol. Our house is 1600 square feet and it's the biggest house we've lived in yet. It's also worth a quarter of a million dollars and as I said we are middle class. So there is no way that middle class families routinely afford 50x40s in lot sizes. It's highly unrealistic and weird. That's a lot size that's better for the upper middle class.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member

Yeah. At least that answers tells me I shouldn't buy expansions for the worlds anymore because even the worlds aren't worth the price lol. So I guess they just talked me out of ever really buying an expansion again. Not that I was really paying much for them anyways, but they really don't seem to get the problem at all. If their system can't handle making decent sized worlds then they need to fix it instead of making half worlds because it's not fair to us. It's definitely not worth the amount they charge either.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    Glad the size of the lots was mentioned, because I forgot to talk about those. Not only are they much larger then what you would expect in a neighborhood that is lower or middle class, but there is only 3 of them. I was wondering why they didn't go with 5 smaller lots, instead of 3 very large ones. It's now apparent that the reason is because they realize the number of lots and sims need to be kept as small as possible.

For me personally, I really don't care if the number of sims/lots has to have a limit. However, I know there are a lot of simmers who play with generations of families. With this world system, eventually your family is going to out grow the number of sims this game world can support. Not good for those of you who like to play with generations of family. :(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,308 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm thinking I'll just make all of Del Sol Valley commercial. An exclusive restaurant, nightclub, a high end boutique, a spa for the celebrities, a couple of performing venues, one for those just starting out and another for more talented sims. I'll use all that furniture that I'd probably never use in my sims' homes. Need to Google Rodeo Drive and see what sort of shops/businesses are there. I had originally planned on moving only one sim there anyway just to get a feel for the new world. Still might move her there.
  • Options
    Tell me why the houses circled in red aren’t editable? 😡

ZYjAjmN.jpg

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member

ZYjAjmN.jpg

I didn't know they weren't.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Ah the good ole' performance excuse. Yes, excuse if you ask me.

Worlds are already very restrictive as it is, with only 4/5 lots within a completely seperated hood (which isn't even open in terms of no loadingscreens in between).

Yet they keep on happily asking 40$ for every EP they decide to release, but offer less.
    Now that I have really seen what this pack has to offer I can say with 100% confidence that this pack will be shallow and very repetitive within a week.

Even some game changers mentioned that they have seen it all within their 4 hours of playtime, which says a lot.

This game will simply never progress because they seem to be holding back on purpose because ''performance'', which is a silly excuse imo. This game was supposed to run better compared to Sims 3, wasn't that the whole point of the world structure and the engine to begin with?

They keep on acting like Sims players are all using systems from the 90's or something. Like this the game will basically be stuck in a cycle without any progress at all.

Best post ever.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sorry, pressed enter before I was ready! :sweat_smile:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options

ZYjAjmN.jpg

I didn't know they weren't.

There are only 3 lots in that neighborhood. The one next to the red circle and the two across from the red circle.

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member

So, we supposedly still have 3+ years of content planned for TS4 but number of lots/Sims is a big issue already. This worries me.
    When Winderburg arrived, I thought that was the beginning of nice decent worlds but I have been waiting ever since to see another one with the same amount of space and quality. Oh well...

Windenberg has more than 5 neighborhoods, huge public spaces, and mote than 5 lots yet it disen't affect performance a huge hit to me. Think of it, If they added a new neighborhood, performance wont be adfected that badly because really, only one neighborhood is loaded at the time. Performance wont be a huge hit since again the rest of the world is not loaded
  • Options

ZYjAjmN.jpg

@Writin_Reg Here are your other houses. I’m really upset now...

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm with all of you... why didn't the new world come with more lots? I mean I know it was going to be small but that small.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hopefully their strict plan of keeping worlds small means they intend to give us neighbor to neighbor open world play at some point. If the neighborhoods were too big, that might not work as well. When I say open world I just mean being able to visit one neighbor without a load screen and see them walk around and live, not the entire world. I know we won't have that. It's only a hope though.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The new "world" doesn't have enough space for me. I'm saddened but not surprised. Decent lot sizes though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png