Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming content to be teased Oct 2nd (Today)

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna I personally think the Sims render should be removed. The company should be held to the same standards as the forums. The last supper is important to me and I cannot even discuss it. Why would it be okay for the company to create a picture depicting a religious act like the last supper if we cannot talk about it? It feels like a double standard to me.

I don't necessarily think it should be removed, but some insight as to why this render was chosen would be greatly appreciated instead of just be silenced.

If it hints to upcoming content, that's fine. If it is simply an appreciation of a fabulous piece of art, that's good too.

I do if we cannot talk about the religious undertones of the picture. It may be just art to some but to others there may be more meaning. If we cannot appreciate all aspects or talk about all aspects of the picture, then remove it.

It's merely an artist's interpretation -- and probably inaccurate as well. Likely the "upper room" was a lot smaller than pictured, and the disciples were gathered around the table not in one giant line if it's anything like the standard family Passover Seder (which is what the Last Supper actually was).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Am I the only one who could care less about seeing them play old content? I mean yes, I know youtubers do it, but they aren't the content creators. I don't want to see them gush over what we already have in the game. I just wanna see the new content and move on with my day.

The Gurus in the Garage didn't work on all the content, so for some of the gameplay it could be brand new, or something they haven't explored in depth on their own. And for some players (especially newer players) they might discover features they didn't know existed.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,878 Member
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I think the gurus are expected to know everything about gameplay but after working on the game all day I doubt they fire up their computers to play as soon as they get home. It's fun watching them try to figure out stuff with features they may not have worked on.
  • Options
    VeronicaHerndonVeronicaHerndon Posts: 63 Member
    I hope Its Cars
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,878 Member
    I think we may see cars later on in the game. One of those job postings listed knowledge of vehicles so hopefully we will see them before the end.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    To me it's engagement. I'm glad they do it. I don't see it as gushing over it at all. They are showing us the game and how they decide to play it, show it ..whatever. Since I enjoy the game I like watching them also. Okay, okay they are kind of like rockstars to me.
    Besides maybe they'll run into a bug and people can scream. See! See! Think of that entertainment value. :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Its probably a lame gallery update, I'm tired of this and tired of being disappointed I really wish it was attraction system or cars
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    @EA_Lanna I personally think the Sims render should be removed. The company should be held to the same standards as the forums. The last supper is important to me and I cannot even discuss it. Why would it be okay for the company to create a picture depicting a religious act like the last supper if we cannot talk about it? It feels like a double standard to me.

I don't necessarily think it should be removed, but some insight as to why this render was chosen would be greatly appreciated instead of just be silenced.

If it hints to upcoming content, that's fine. If it is simply an appreciation of a fabulous piece of art, that's good too.

I do if we cannot talk about the religious undertones of the picture. It may be just art to some but to others there may be more meaning. If we cannot appreciate all aspects or talk about all aspects of the picture, then remove it.

It's merely an artist's interpretation -- and probably inaccurate as well. Likely the "upper room" was a lot smaller than pictured, and the disciples were gathered around the table not in one giant line if it's anything like the standard family Passover Seder (which is what the Last Supper actually was).

I stand by my statement, if we are going to be hassled about speaking the religious undertone, it should be removed. Others have already mention that it looked like the last supper painting, therefore being their interpretation of the art and technically is against forums rules. We can be inclusive about everything except religion and politics.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    I heard it’s actually an expansion titled “free stuff”. It’s stuff in game that is free to your sim. It features activities such as getting water, taking walks, window shopping, watching antenna tv, and more. It’s $69.99 or $69.98 if you have an active premier ea origin account.

I doubt that

I think that was a joke.

Is likely was a war-weary simmer who's had more than his share of disappointments with this game version and is saying what many of us are thinking. As for me, I'd be happy with some serious bug fixes, which is the only realistic game changer. Mere more content isn't it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    I heard it’s actually an expansion titled “free stuff”. It’s stuff in game that is free to your sim. It features activities such as getting water, taking walks, window shopping, watching antenna tv, and more. It’s $69.99 or $69.98 if you have an active premier ea origin account.

I doubt that

I think that was a joke.

Is likely was a war-weary simmer who's had more than his share of disappointments with this game version and is saying what many of us are thinking. As for me, I'd be happy with some serious bug fixes, which is the only realistic game changer. Mere more content isn't it.

Well some of us want content as bugs aren't a problem for everyone.

But that said I do hope those of you with bugs do get some fixes as it must be aggravating for you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Very aggravating, which is why I play TS2 almost exclusively. And my machine is high end.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Wish it would hurry up and get here. Wondering what it could be...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    what's special about October 2nd

we get news then @catmando830

what kind of news
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They were teasing the Maxis Montly today in the gura garage live stream. Just 4 days left!!!!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

what kind of news

what kind of news

I don't know @catmando830
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I doubt that

I think that was a joke.

Well some of us want content as bugs aren't a problem for everyone.

But that said I do hope those of you with bugs do get some fixes as it must be aggravating for you.

Yes - a large percentage (if not all) players with AMD cards are being ignored as tree shadows continue to be completely broken. Meanwhile EA reps acknowledge the issue but remain noncommittal on whether it will ever be fixed.

Aggravating is one word for it.

It's like taking your car to be serviced, getting it returned with a smashed up windshield, and not being able to do anything about it.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Am I the only one who could care less about seeing them play old content? I mean yes, I know youtubers do it, but they aren't the content creators. I don't want to see them gush over what we already have in the game. I just wanna see the new content and move on with my day.
    Same I'd prefer they spend their time working on the game... show me new content or get back to making me new content.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Is this picture on the Maxis monthly supposed to be a tease of something upcoming DLC? Or how they feel? I'm not getting what is meant by the representation. Will the mont[h]ly news mag change it's picture every month to hint at content?

Since they are all at a table, does this mean something for Thanksgiving?
    @Cinebar honestly I’m getting education or university vibes from it. I mean, there’s a backpack and you’ve got sims with alcohol, wearing funny outfits (dude in the left), couples hugging...

Are you looking for teases in a launch render from 4 years ago?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_uS/discussion/775986/ts4-launch-render-luchadore-involved

Yes, sir, we can. Look at the picture in question again. Think about it, is the picture in question not showing the holiday Thanksgiving or any celebration like Christmas or Winterfest? So did they not turn that into a reality in the Sims 4 years later. Yup, they did. Our minds, may not plan 4 years ahead but theirs do. So maybe she is still correct on it looks like University by the backpack and book, it does not look like a grade school book or the high school book.

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    2 more days guys
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Oooooo, what could it be?

Hopefully both free content and an upcoming pack will be teased. By her saying ooh it's so good that makes me think it's a really big update to the base game.

Crosses fingers it's cars.

Same feeling. It must be something good. I mean.. they know we are picky and aren't easy to satisfy, so by saying this they would take avery big risk if it was something dull. I think a next pack. I recently red someone mentioning that grant said university wouldn't come soon, but didnt get a source. I do miss uni these days in my game. Just aged up some teens that could use it though. Any other exciting pack is welcome too. I am ready for something new!
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member

I enjoy seeing them play as do quite a lot of simmers in the community. And no one's forced to watch.

No thankfully we aren't forced to watch it which is why I will never watch one of these livestreams. Then again, I don't even watch other livestreams for unreleased content as it is, so maybe I just hate watching other people play, haha.
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    Its probably a lame gallery update, I'm tired of this and tired of being disappointed I really wish it was attraction system or cars

For people who share their creations, and for those who can't build worth a lick, Gallery updates are more than "lame". It might not be a feature you're interested in but for a lot of the community it's one of the best features of the entire game.

An attraction system, or even a Sims 2 style turnons/turnoffs would be nice, but I see that being included in a romance pack of some sort, especially if it would require an entirely new UI.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    The time goes too fast October 2nd is already soon, I didn't see September passed.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Same I'd prefer they spend their time working on the game... show me new content or get back to making me new content.

Three Gurus play the game -- there are plenty of other Gurus plus developers who aren't in the Guru category that are working while they're playing. Plus it's on a Friday and that's traditionally been a lighter day in the tech community. You don't have to watch if you don't want -- I usually skip the livestreams because my Internet and Twitch don't often play well together, plus I have the uncontrollable urge to reach through the computer and grab the mouse from their hands. (Similar issue with watching Twitch streams for other games I play -- I have to bite my lip to avoid backseat gaming.)
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    yayy. more thanksgiving food. *yawns*
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top