Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 generations please

Comments

• Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I thought Parenthood was supposed to be the "Generations" of this iteration?

No. Parenthood just hyper-focused one aspect of Generations and expanded upon that aspect a but more. We're missing anniversaries, bunk beds, sleepovers/slumber parties, after school activities for kids & teens, school dances/prom, midlife crisis, pranks and so many other things. And although I know it will never happen in Sims 4 because of its engine, I reminisce teaching teens how to drive in Sims 3.

I love Parenthood, however, I'm still longing for a Generations pack for the above mentioned features & I hope with every fiber in my being that they intend on this pack. I don't mind if that means waiting a few more years if that's what it'll take to perfect it.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

No. Parenthood just hyper-focused one aspect of Generations and expanded upon that aspect a but more. We're missing anniversaries, bunk beds, sleepovers/slumber parties, after school activities for kids & teens, school dances/prom, midlife crisis, pranks and so many other things. And although I know it will never happen in Sims 4 because of its engine, I reminisce teaching teens how to drive in Sims 3.

I love Parenthood, however, I'm still longing for a Generations pack for the above mentioned features & I hope with every fiber in my being that they intend on this pack. I don't mind if that means waiting a few more years if that's what it'll take to perfect it.

Same *standing ovation, claps hands*
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Generations was one of my favorite TS3 packs but when Parenthood was announced I thought we wouldn't be getting it. That said, I believe your points are all reason enough for devs to do the pack.

We are in desperate need for more stuff for elders so any new interactions for them would be amazing. I think I saw someone mention either on here or Twitter about a type of retirement home or a communal area for elders to live in when they are older. Also just in terms of build/buy and CAS this would be a good way to include more classic styles from past decades (I'd say from the 20's all the way up to the 90's). We could also get more classic careers like military, firefighter, and maybe even actor/actress (for the theater styles specifically). And of course the new event should be some type of wake or funeral even to help sims get through their sadness better after someone passes on.

The more I think about it the more I feel the pack should center around getting older through the years than just simply family interactions. We could still get things like sleep overs, teen parties, Prom/Graduation, more in-depth weddings (aka slow dancing and maybe a toss the bouquet interaction), but I think I'd really like more crazy decade specific stuff too so you can really play a family throughout time.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    Generations was one of my favorite TS3 packs but when Parenthood was announced I thought we wouldn't be getting it. That said, I believe your points are all reason enough for devs to do the pack.

We are in desperate need for more stuff for elders so any new interactions for them would be amazing. I think I saw someone mention either on here or Twitter about a type of retirement home or a communal area for elders to live in when they are older. Also just in terms of build/buy and CAS this would be a good way to include more classic styles from past decades (I'd say from the 20's all the way up to the 90's). We could also get more classic careers like military, firefighter, and maybe even actor/actress (for the theater styles specifically). And of course the new event should be some type of wake or funeral even to help sims get through their sadness better after someone passes on.

The more I think about it the more I feel the pack should center around getting older through the years than just simply family interactions. We could still get things like sleep overs, teen parties, Prom/Graduation, more in-depth weddings (aka slow dancing and maybe a toss the bouquet interaction), but I think I'd really like more crazy decade specific stuff too so you can really play a family throughout time.

interesting idea
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    High school graduations would also be a nice addition.
    No. They're a terrible idea to have forced into your game.
    Why not have a muck up day or a school formal instead?

That's a matter of opinion. I want them to return since they were in Sims 3 and because the Sims 4 teens are stale as is, honestly.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

I don't want them forced into my game. Just as you wouldn't want my suggestions forced into yours.

I want options.

I want to be able to select what I have in my game, I want to be able to toggle certain things on or off as I choose. I don't want to be forced to have things that disrupt my fantasy, just as you don't want things that disrupt yours.

I've gone into more detail here
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I want the head master back to that was fun

I love it still, awesome feature, you can get tuned down unless the house tour, grades and food isn't good enough.

i loved the private boarding school in three to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

This...

• Options

That's a matter of opinion. I want them to return since they were in Sims 3 and because the Sims 4 teens are stale as is, honestly.

I don't want them forced into my game. Just as you wouldn't want my suggestions forced into yours.

I want options.

I want to be able to select what I have in my game, I want to be able to toggle certain things on or off as I choose. I don't want to be forced to have things that disrupt my fantasy, just as you don't want things that disrupt yours.

Nothing wrong with wanting options.

I agree with what you are saying.

• Options
    edited September 2018

I want options.

That's a fair point, but you could've said so without the "terrible idea" remark.
    Bobisbae wrote: »

This is a really good idea.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited September 2018
    "The Rockinghorse , which could be available for both kids & toddlers "

Someone converted the rocking horse too. :3

SvSLOTZ.png

rrIRQk3.png
  • Options
    Sofmc9 wrote: »

SvSLOTZ.png

rrIRQk3.png

oh I want one of those
  • Options

SvSLOTZ.png

rrIRQk3.png

@Sofmc9 Link please? I googled but this isn't popping up <3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2018
    I’d like a pack which focused on all the generations, and particularly on babies, teens, elders. Oh, am I want imaginary friends back!

But, I think we are unfortunately unlikely to get such a pack. I reckon they scrapped Generations for TS4 and did Parenthood instead of it :( don’t get me wrong, I do love Parenthood, but it is focused on fewer lifestages and on parenting specifically.
  • Options
    Nomiko13, oops I can't remember where I downloaded from. :/ Ah, google TS4 rocking horse conversion. It isn't functional, though. I used the invisible chair for toddlers to sit on it lol.

The Spring riders conversions serve as a chair so they can sit and nap.

hIZBuVR.png
  • Options
    Nomiko13, oops I can't remember where I downloaded from. :/ Ah, google TS4 rocking horse conversion. It isn't functional, though. I used the invisible chair for toddlers to sit on it lol.

The Spring riders conversions serve as a chair so they can sit and nap.

hIZBuVR.png

spring riders would be nice to
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    also high school graduations
    and the option to turn them off, since they aren't a thing in many parts of the world.
    prom
    No. A school dance, with the option to relabel it as whatever you want. Proms do not exist outside of america. We have school formals here in Australia, it's not even a dance, it's a formal dinner.
    newpaper, paper boy/girl
    Or maybe have it as a part time job for anyone, since kids don't deliver papers here, it's done by adults.

My thoughts, exactly. I hated the proms and graduations in previous games - first off, you're right that these are very American-centric. Second, prom was for the popular kids. It was one more way to make the less socially-adept kids feel like failures. And the graduations in Sims 3 interrupted the whole family - everything would stop, and it took hours. (Which is true in real life, but it's one of those social obligations I'd rather not have in a game I play for fun.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Being a family-style player, I'd love to see babies, toddlers, kids, teens and elders get some love. (Am I wrong or did they finally fix the 'big sag' for female elders?)

For seniors: how about a volunteer job or part-time political activist job? That's what all my senior friends do with their time. I'd also like to see hobbies for everyone, but seniors do have a bit more time to indulge in fun things. And some version of the red hat society?

For babies: changing table and baby bath! And diapers that don't magically disappear.

For toddlers: please bring back the crawling stage - it was so cute. Also, more skill-building toys.

For kids: I'd love to have a Wendy house! And real dolls that can be fed and cuddled. Building toys, like legos.

For teens: Crushes! And please fix the 'loud and obnoxious' phase so that parents can discipline kids and teens when they are shouting obscenities.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Being a family-style player, I'd love to see babies, toddlers, kids, teens and elders get some love. (Am I wrong or did they finally fix the 'big sag' for female elders?)

For seniors: how about a volunteer job or part-time political activist job? That's what all my senior friends do with their time. I'd also like to see hobbies for everyone, but seniors do have a bit more time to indulge in fun things. And some version of the red hat society?

For babies: changing table and baby bath! And diapers that don't magically disappear.

For toddlers: please bring back the crawling stage - it was so cute. Also, more skill-building toys.

For kids: I'd love to have a Wendy house! And real dolls that can be fed and cuddled. Building toys, like legos.

For teens: Crushes! And please fix the 'loud and obnoxious' phase so that parents can discipline kids and teens when they are shouting obscenities.

I really like the doll idea that would be so sweet
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    aria2345aria2345 Posts: 33 Member
    Yeeeeeeeeeeees! 1000% percent agree! Generations was my absolute favorite Sims 3 Pack! My play style always relied very heavily on families and family dynamics and this pack made the biggest difference. Even with that creepy imaginary friend. Still worth it. lol
    Check out my Legacy Blog! I'm not much of a writer- but I think I'm funny. Though- humor is subjective. :)
    viridivalues.weebly.com
  • Options
    Noris007Noris007 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Sofmc9 said:
    > All these :3

I agree too.

More activities for children!

-Hula hoop
    -Hop scotch
    -Jump rope
    -Catch
    -Rock, paper, scissors
    -Dress up
    -Imaginary play (Cops and Robbers, Prince and Princess, Racing)
    -Lemonade/Cookie stand
  • Options
    All these :3

ZZn176b.png

SxGTQzm.jpg

YqBc75G.jpg

I want all these things to
  • Options
    I want more wedding dresses
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    All these :3

ZZn176b.png

SxGTQzm.jpg

YqBc75G.jpg

I want all these things to

I actually miss the bikes if we do get bikes I hope we can ride around the neighborhood hood like some Sims jog and walk the dog.